Opiniones de TeacherEase

4.2 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.1 /5

Sobre TeacherEase

Web-based solution that allows teachers to manage their k-12 classroom incl. SBG/CBE - lesson plans, grade book, report cards, etc.

Descubre más sobre TeacherEase

Mostrando 57 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

teacher
  • Publicado el 18/7/2019

"Review from Teacher"

Puntos a favor: -you can make folders by subject
-generates report cards
-take attendance
-can input grades by percentage or fraction
-super organized
-all info is in one place
-family contact info

Contras: none at all, i have been using this for 7 years and LOVE it. everything is clearly laid out and organized. all people have access to the sight and you can see all students in your school.

• Publicado el 18/7/2019
Karen K.
District Administrative Assistant

"Long time user"

Comentarios: As I said above I have used, oversaw the initial set up and training, back in 2009. A number of years ago we switched our school grade levels from K-8 and 9-12 to K-5 and 6-12. We were able to make the change easily and did it fairly quickly with some opening support.

Puntos a favor: We like that it is web-based/hosted. We do not need to worry about updates, hardware, etc. they are done for us. Being from a very small school we did not have the manpower to devote an employee specifically to only our student management system. When I looked at this product I was the only technology person in the district. The quality of their support made me feel like I had a partner helping me. I think the logical layout of using the software makes it user friendly. I knew that if I contacted support I would get an accurate answer. I never feel like I'm just being pushed along. I think that their reports are easy to use especially if you are the ISBE SIS person for your district. The uploads to the state Student Management System couldn't be easier. I have used this TeacherEase since the 2009/2010 school year.

Contras: As I mentioned, we are a small school and somewhat unique but it would make our jobs so much less stressful if there was a way to run labels, envelopes, etc by family. We have two databases - one for the elementary and one for the Jr/Sr High school. We can't run addresses or labels for each family - allowing us to "group" families together when mailing items.
I wish there was more training when the state comes out with new requirements. On a number of occasions I have called with a support issue and I'm pointing out the errors to the support people. My biggest item that I wish it had was a log of who did what. If someone runs GPAs for example and messes up class rank - we want to know who did it.

Luai A.
Vice Principal
  • Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 11/8/2020

"Mediocre at everything, Awful at some things. Financially Shady"

Comentarios: My Story & why we'll never return: After paying for the coming school year, we then decided that we would like to cancel our subscription & move onto another SIS. Teacherease refused to refund our check, despite the fact that we requested the refund on July 15, nearly two months before our school year began. As time went on, they did not respond to my calls and emails. I would actually call the technical support department and explain my situation to tech support. That's the only way I managed to get someone on the phone. They kept saying escalating the issue for over a month until they finally escalated it to the president of the company (whyyy?? It's just a basic refund???), who, surprise surprise, never reached out to me or responded to my calls and emails. We're in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and every private school is struggling to stay afloat. Yet, Teacherease chose this time to basically steal from private schools like mine. Thousands of dollars just gone, and the Teacherease staff are not responding to our calls. It's so disappointing.

Puntos a favor: The gradebook is the redeeming quality of this software. It's pretty easy to use and visually appealing. Everything else about teacherease is not user-friendly and limited in capacity.

Contras: The software is not user-friendly: it takes quite a few clicks to get wherever you want to go. Customer service takes forever: normal wait time is about 10-15 minutes. Other companies are near instant. Not very customizable: There's not much functionality build into the website unfortunately. It's very limited in its capacity. It's most costly than you think: If you want to build a fully online SIS for your school, you'll need some functionality, like a central attendance system, many of which are cost extra per year. Honestly just do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. This company is not to be taken seriously.

• Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 11/8/2020
Mary R.

"WMS WEIGHS IN"

Comentarios: I will say that after 5 years of using the program, it has become second nature. I have long forgotten the things that were the most irrational to me when the journey began. For the most part It is now easy for me to navigate in Teacherease/Common Goal, but that ease was aquired over time.

Puntos a favor: 1.) The ease of integration with the other school in the district
2.) The tab format in the single student window puts all information at a glance.
3.) The basic format of the program makes it easy to navigate in.

Contras: 1.)There are small improvements that are often requested but never addressed. (i.g. Creating a toggle switch for attendance email list so that you don't have to manually uncheck them all every day).
2.) Although the tech support is generally helpful, the wait time has been as long as 90 minutes in the past. There seems to be a turnover of employees that leaves you many times with them "getting back to you". Even though the Knowledge Base is available, a personal conversation settles the matter much more effectively when you have to do 6 things at once.
3.) There is an issue with searching out course sections to copy the learning targets to other sections. We have inquired about this twice now with no resolve.
4.) The same color appears for each school and district. It would be nice to see different colors used for the separarte entities. I not only work at the Middle School, but have to do all the state reporting which requires going back and forth from district to school level and from school to school.

Lashawn S.
Principal
Aprendizaje en línea, 11-50 empleados

"TeacherEase"

Comentarios: My overall experience with TeacherEase has been a positive one.

Puntos a favor: The feature the I like the most about TeacherEase is the ability to locate and assess the different menus that I need to perform my job.

Contras: One of the things that I do not like about TeacherEase is its inability to talk to other programs we use in the district.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

I am happy that you like the ease of navigating our system. We have opened TeacherEase for data integration with other platforms and have development plans to increase integration in the near future. Feel free to email us at support@common-goal.com to discuss your data integration needs.

Bethanie M.
Elem Principal/HS Guidance Counselor

"Student Management System"

Comentarios: Customer support is great, even during busy times. I like it.

Puntos a favor: Teacherease is a product that we, as a small school, use every day. It doesn't give us too much or too little. It does what we need without the fluff. It is effective. I like the simplicity of what we have to do in the program for our school

Contras: The only thing I don't like about the program is that there is not enough of a notification if you move from one academic year to the next other than a little toggle switch. I wish they would change the background color or the font color for every year.

Lauren W.
Technology Director

"Excellent Customer Service"

Comentarios: It has been a wonderful experience. The company has gone above and beyond to help us set up different aspects of the software to meet our needs.

Puntos a favor: the customer service is excellent. I have always been able to get ahold of support to help me with any questions or issues in a timely manner. They are always friendly and supportive.

Contras: Sometimes support does take a while to get through to, but that is to be expected during COVID times. This is not necessarily a con.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

I am glad to read about your positive experience with our support team. We are adding headcount to improve answer times while providing the same high level you expect of us. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

Lana J.
Vanguard Vision Teacher
Aprendizaje en línea, 11-50 empleados

"Competency Based Education"

Comentarios: TeacherEase was easy to learn, and I usually struggle with new programs. The people we work with are friendly and patient!

Puntos a favor: I like being able to add comments right on the assignment grade for students to see. And parents can see the comments, too.
I also appreciate the ability to email students and parents directly from the gradebook so I don't have to leave the program.

Contras: We had trouble linking our rosters with TeacherEase this fall, but that was on the part of our tech office, not the gradebook.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

I'm glad you like the communications features of our TeacherEase gradebook. I'm gld we sorted out the data integration issues with your SIS and Clever. Feel free to email us at support@common-goal.com for any questions.

Jennifer M.
bookkeeper

"Insight Financials"

Puntos a favor: I love the ease of use and the customer service is outstanding. I love that all updates are done automatically.

Contras: Not able to print screen unless it's a report

Michelle V.
  • Publicado el 20/10/2020

"Teacherease use in a school"

Comentarios: Overall, I am very happy with the ease and functionality of TeacherEase. I would recommend it for any school that is looking for a management system.

Puntos a favor: Teacherease is easy to use. It has many great features and is always updating to meet the school's needs as it pertains to state reports and requirements. They did a great job of adapting when COVID hit and completely changed the daily functions and operations of the school setting. Another strong feature is the communication ease with families.

Contras: There are some limitations with reports. Users are the best input for what could be helpful and our input is always accepted. However, sometimes they change things and it isn't always for the better.

Laura M.
1st grade teacher

"I like TeacherEase!"

Comentarios: I've used it exclusively through my school setting so I'm not sure how it would work outside of the education realm. I do feel it works well in a school and would recommend it to others to use.

Puntos a favor: Once I learned the ins and outs of the program it became very easy to use. I like that you can have the icons right on the main screen for quick access. I also like how the gradebook automatically calculates the child's overall scores for their report card. This is especially nice since we are using Standard Based Grades. In our previous program, we had to do it ourselves. Overall, I feel like the program is user friendly and with a little training easy to navigate.

Contras: I wish there was a way of tracking whether a parent is seeing our emails. I wish there was a time or date stamp to see when the parent looked at the email we sent. It would also be nice to be able to delay a message being sent for the future. Being a teacher using this, sometimes I forget to send an email when I need to and it would be nice to write it up when I am thinking about it and set it to send out later.

Jennifer K.

"Review"

Comentarios: We have used TeacherEase for many years. As I stated, we do enjoy using the features that work for our school district, but navigating around needs to be simplified, there is just way to much clicking around. I have also noticed that customer service used to be hands down the fastest and best service, but lately they have been far from. We have waited anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes to speak to support. The people that we have spoke to continue to be very knowledgeable and understanding but one representative in particular may need to put his "advance knowledge" behind him and try to actually listen to the customer first without belittling our questions and cutting us off when we are trying to explain our needs. We have high hopes for the upcoming year, and hope that the wait times for support, (in time) get better. Thank you for all that you do to help our school district and other school districts.

Puntos a favor: We do enjoy using the features that work for our school district.

Contras: Having a lot of options is great, but navigating around should be simplified.

Megan G.
Administrative Assistant for Student Services
Educación primaria/secundaria, 51-200 empleados

"Teacherease User Friendly"

Comentarios: It makes it easier to do state reports. It also is great that we can use 1 system for lunch, attendance and schedules. The tech support team is great to work with.

Puntos a favor: We love Teacherease in our district. It is user friendly and any school level can use it. I especially like that I can export the data from Teacherease to upload to the State Student Identification System (SIS). This capability has made my job so much easier. I usually get a quick response from the support team if we have an issue or questions.

Contras: I do wish it would keep track of our local student ID numbers so that we don't accidentally reuse a number that a student who has moved had.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

I am so glad you use our direct upload to SIS feature. TeacherEase has a built in feature to autogenerate unique student numbers feature with an options to keep numbers unique across all academic years. Feel free to contact us at support@common-goal.com for help setting it up.

Jason T.
principal

"Teacherease Pro & Con"

Comentarios: Great experience and cost effective for all users

Puntos a favor: Superior customer support and help desk with topics to be researched without calling a representative, seamless student information management that has evolved as user needs evolve

Contras: Inability to use certain features across all devices

Tiffany L.
Educación primaria/secundaria, 11-50 empleados

"Teacherease"

Comentarios: Overall, things have been great, very smooth transition and the updates are wonderful!

Puntos a favor: Once setup, the software is very user friendly. I have been using this software for about 14 years and I like many of the features. They try to keep updating things that are needed for reporting etc. The custom reports feature comes in very handy depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

Contras: I think the on-line registration could be improved and the fee portion when you have fees that rollover from the previous year.

Jeanne S.
Assistant Superintendent
  • Publicado el 30/10/2020

"Excellent Standards-Based Grading System"

Comentarios: They are typically very responsive when we need support and have included many updates we have asked for over the years.

Puntos a favor: This is one of a few grading programs that actually allow standards-based grading to be entered into the system in a logical and meaningful way.

Contras: Some of the coding needs to be updated. There are very outdated systems still in place within the program.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

Thank you for your feedback on our industry-leading standards-based learning tools. We take great pride in going the extra mile building capabilities based on the research while listening to user input on workflow usability. To that end, we do have the classic tech company challenge of adding new code. It is never-ending to keep up with the latest. Fortunately, as a cloud provider, we provide updates every week to the product based on feedback from our clients. If you haven't yet, feel free to provide feedback from the menu at Help > Feedback for your requests. Alternatively, you can reach out to customer support at support@common-goal.com. Thanks again!!!

Valarie S.
Secretary
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/10/2020

"TeacherEase"

Puntos a favor: I think this software is user friendly, I use this as a admim, and also as a parent. Very easy to get around.

Contras: I do wish there was a teacherease manual, I like to see things on paper still.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

I am glad you can use the admin and parent portals successfully in TeacherEase.
In the past year we have expanded our Knowledge Base articles (Main > Help > Knowledge Base) to include answers to the frequently asked questions, and are working on more documentations as well.
Feel free to email us any documentation needs at support@common-goal.com

• Publicado el 26/10/2020
Jeff B.
Technical Services Director
  • Publicado el 10/11/2020

"Fulfills the Needs of smaller schools well"

Comentarios: Relatively easy to set up and transition from year to year it not complicated. Support has been good and they typically respond in a timely manner. There were times that tickets seemed to fall between the cracks, and I was forced to follow up to get a resolution, however, that was an exception. They seem to be responsive to changes in the State reporting needs which was really appreciated.

Puntos a favor: The software is one of the least expensive of those we evaluated. The features are pretty straight forward, with not a lot of frills. If you don't need a Cadillac, this is a good option.

Contras: As a safe school, students do not follow semesters or quarters. Classes are up to 6 weeks and if they get done sooner, then they get the next class. TeacherEase was unable to really accommodate this well, and we have to play some games to get around it. We totally recognize this is not a problem many other institutions would have.

• Publicado el 10/11/2020
Janette S.
Complex Area Superintendent
  • Publicado el 28/10/2020

"Standards-based Grading Platform"

Comentarios: Great product with very responsive staff to provide assistance.

Puntos a favor: I have been impressed with the development of the standards-based grading platform in Teacherease. As a high school principal at a school that implemented standards-based grading, finding an electronic grade book that accurately reflected instruction and assessment was almost non-existent. This function has been such an asset.

Contras: Initially, it took some time for the system to "catch up" with our needs. The standards-based grading platform was not as well developed as it is now and we had to create work arounds to make it work. No complaints now.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

We are delighted to having you use standards-based TeacherEase gradebook. I am also glad to hear your positive experience with our support. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

• Publicado el 28/10/2020
Stella W.

"Easy to Use"

Comentarios: TeacherEase has been great for our district. The company consistently has webinars and also has a knowledge base to help. I have truly made TeacherEase my skill set.

Puntos a favor: This software is easy to use and is parent/student friendly. I also like the fact that when there is a problem, talking to customer support is amazing. TeacherEase backs its product.

Contras: Updates are not always noticeable until you get an error message for completely something one way and it has been changed.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

Thank you for relying on our products and our support to aid your TeacherEase experience. Feel free to email question or report any issues to support@common-goal.com

Kris G.
Math Teacher

"TeacherEase User"

Comentarios: I find it relatively easy to use. I would love an assignment view. Currently the only view is from the standpoint of competencies.

Puntos a favor: It is easy to navigate through assignments, students, and competencies.

Contras: Our use is slightly different than others. It has been a bit of challenge to get the product set up the way we want it. This is mostly in grade calculation.

por Common Goal Systems el 28/10/2020

Thank you for your review. We love your unique use of TeacherEase since you are a CBE school. We strive to be the leader in CBE and standards-based learning. Your calculation methods are not your typical recommended SBL/CBE mathematical models such as Power Law, Decaying Weight, Mode/Median/Average of Recent Scores and more that are out-of-the-box with TeacherEase. To address your complex needs (and others with very specific calculation requirements), we enhanced our standards-based grading with logic-rules and more grade calculation options - https://www.teacherease.com/app/news/article/Logic-Rules-for-Grade-Calculation-in-Competency-based-Education-CBE

As for the assignment view, you can see it by going to Gradebook > Assignments. Feel free to contact support at support@common-goal.com to help you with that feature.

Thanks again!

Julie H.
Admissions Director/Office Manager
  • Publicado el 29/10/2020

"TeacherEase works for us"

Comentarios: I have been extremely happy and grateful for the support staff who help us with the system.

Puntos a favor: It provides for our needs. We are able to record grades, attendance, and medical information.

Contras: Sometimes not as flexible as our needs change.

por Common Goal Systems el 2/11/2020

We're glad to have you back!
Please feel free to reach out to support@common-goal.com with any question.

Amy A.
teacher
Aprendizaje en línea, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 5/6/2019

"Teacher Review of TeacherEase"

Comentarios: One benefit I have discovered is the parent communication log. No more tracking emails and phone calls on my own, I do it all through TeacherEase!

Puntos a favor: I have been using TeacherEase for about 5 years and it is so simple! I use it not only to grade, but take attendance, lunch count, and communicate with parents. I love the report features and how easy it is to track data.

Contras: Every so often the TeacherEase system will be "down" and it can be inconvenient.

• Publicado el 5/6/2019
Susan H.
Supt. Admin. Asst.
Educación primaria/secundaria, 11-50 empleados

"Teacherease"

Comentarios: Being an elementary school, we've discovered an abundance of exciting things we can do with Teacherease which made online registration even easier this year.

Puntos a favor: Online Registration and Attendance features work are extremely easy to set up and use.

Contras: Online Registration: when you create a field, it doesn't carry over to the main demographics. You have to create a new report.

Connor K.
Software engineer
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/11/2019

"Best grade book and teaching system"

Comentarios: Excellent!!!!!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Thank you!!!

Puntos a favor: I love teacherease! It literally does what’s in the name: makes it easy teachers. Many people in my district use this software to achieve easy standardized grading systems and lesson plan making!

Contras: Can lag at times. Other than that though, great software I recommend for anyone in the education field.

• Publicado el 28/11/2019