Sobre MEGA

The most sophisticated cloud storage in the world. MEGA provides private, secure cloud storage, using end-to-encryption technology.

Descubre más sobre MEGA

I liked the ease of use, anyone can use it easily. The variety of programs that it allows you to download at no cost.

Contras:

I didn't like the customer support. I had some problem for the payment it took me couple of days to hear from them.

Valoraciones de MEGA

Relación calidad-precio
4.0

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.1/10

MEGA tiene una valoración global de 4.4 estrellas sobre 5 según las 37 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado MEGA antes?

Filtrar opiniones (37)

Ingeniera en Nicaragua
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Mega en tu pc

5 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: Es una herramienta muy útil, puedes compartir información en cualquier parte del mundo a cualquier persona de manera inmediata.

Muy buen espacio para la cuenta gratuita siempre esta actualizando lo que tienes, te envía avisos cuando tu cuenta esta por llenarse. Puedes subir, guardar o enviar archivos de manera inmediata. De por si eso ya lo hace un gran software.

Contras:

en realidad n0o tengo nada en contra de este software es bastante bueno y útil no solo para cosas profesionales guarda todo lo que quieras.

Said S.
Said S.
Educacion en México
Administración educativa, 201-500 empleados

O-Mega-Drive

5 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: I used it for a short time as my main cloud, but I think it is not for me. It is for people who store a large number of files, mainly multimedia

I must admit that MEGA's storage modalities are exorbitant, it is a lot of storage and software that allows you to upload or download files very quickly. The organization as a search engine or file finder is what attracted me the most since it is the easiest to use of all the online storages that I have tested. And the ZIP storage compatible features saved me a lot on my SSD

Contras:

The price was what made me disinterested since the options they offer are too good, but they were too much for me and those who collaborated with me, in addition to sometimes not understanding how privacy worked.

Marcius R.
Entrepreneur en Rumania
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Great performance, generous resources at great prices!

5 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: I've been using MEGA for a few years now. It's not the only thing I use, I also use Microsoft 365, mostly because I'm stuck with it with my S Mode laptop. I use free version of Google Drive. I used IceDrive and most recently I started using Storj for the cheaper price.
I completely gave up on using DropBox (always hated it).
MEGA is great. It's the kind of reliable service where you just set-it and forget-it. I've set everything up in the beginning - the folders that I needed to be synced - and then I don't even need to touch it, unless I want to pull something out from it. You could say that I use it daily, but it actually just runs itself in the background.

Everything you need from a file storage service you can get it at MEGA. You have a desktop app, to auto-sync whatever folders you selected. You have a phone app, to auto-upload and store your photos and videos. You have encryption. You have file sharing. You have team members. You have a browser extension. You have a quick pie-chart of used capacity. You have great speeds. You have great prices. Absolutely everything you need in a file storage service. I can't think of anything missing.

Contras:

The only con here is the pricing. While yes, it's lower than mainstream deals, it's still not ideal. Pricing is great for higher levels, but most people don't need 16TB of file storage, so we're either stuck trying to squeeze things into the 400GB or need to get the bigger 2TB option. It does seem like the pricing structure is setup for you to go after the 2TB option. The one thing that I would LOVE if they get, is to add their app to the Windows Store. I can't install MEGA on a Windows 10 in S Mode laptop because it's not in the Windows Store and I don't want to exit the S mode on that laptop. So for file storage services I think it's important if they get this extra step. But the Windows Store is mostly empty and no-one gives it any time, yet for the S Mode computers it's important.

Houssein H.
biology teacher en Líbano
Aprendizaje en línea, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

fast and secure app for sharing documents and files

5 la semana pasada Nuevo

Comentarios: so fast and secure software to store your file and share it

it's easy to use and fast to upload and download files, and secure

Contras:

after 2 years of using it, I feel its complete software in the domain of data storage and documents sharing, there is no idea in my head of how software like mega will be better

Ibrahim S.
Designer en Turquía
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

They should be more fair at local pricing

3 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

My favourite thing about MEGA is its transfer speed.

Contras:

I do appreciate that we get 20 GBs of storage for free but it could have been higher. I know it used to be higher but they should have never been downgrade it or they could do better at local pricing.

Mohamed I.
Network Administrator en Egipto
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 201-500 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Best cloud storage services for file management

4 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: A good experience that I am using to this day personally and with users I think it is the best and easiest to use.

What caught my attention the most is the process of managing users, downloading files to them, and being able to see how they use them And we don't see this in the big companies In addition to its easy download for the user and its very clear interface to ensure that all files are fully uploaded One of their advantages is to increase the space when you invite other people, which gives you an opportunity to upload more files for free. It distinguishes the existence of a chat between you and other people to facilitate negotiation during file transfer.

Contras:

I don't see drawbacks compared to competitors like Google Drive and SkyDrive .

Nasir A.
Nasir A.
Senior Project Manager en Pakistán
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados

Cloud Storage with Best File Manager

5 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: Overall experience with Mega is great. We use it for file sharing between agency and client. It is so convenient for technical people at the agency and the laymen at the client-side. Apart from the bandwidth thing, it is so simple and easy to use, and highly reccomended.

The best thing about Mega is its File Manager. The File Manager or the UI is so simple and easy to use. There is Drag and Drop Functionality which is very helpful. Unlike other cloud storage, its interface is just like our operating systems where file management is so easy and simple. Even a layman can use it easily. 2nd thing is its free space, as it provides 20GB to 50GB free space for new users.

Contras:

The least likable thing about Mega is its bandwidth limitation. As you can not download and upload unlimited data on the Mega free version, even on paid version there is a data upload and download limit. On the comparator Cloud and File sharing, there is almost no bandwidth.

Fred J.
Fred J.
ESL teacher en Turquía
Aprendizaje en línea, 501-1,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A trusted cloud for your docs

4 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: Mega came to me the moment I wanted a trusted cloud to put my video files there I couldn't pay that much for One drive and Google cloud and I needed a trusted alterative. buying subscription never been easier It includes all the payment options from Crypto to PayPal and the price is amazingly fair .The servers never let you down no matter what location you try to upload your files .I definitely suggest friends to sue Mega as their primary cloud while I don't know whether my friends in China would be able to sue it as well or not .

Well the servers are powerful and smooth ,the UI and connectivity is legit and straightforward also I could use Cryptocurrency for buying subscription Which I personally love that so much . The files and folders are well categorized the way I could find all of my files in the shortest time .The availability of the app on both windows and Phone make me relax .

Contras:

I didn't like the customer support . I had some problem for the payment it took me couple of days to hear from them .nothing serious about Mega I like using it .

Yusuf T.
Game Developer en Turquía
Desarrollo de programas, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la reseña

MEGA makes clouding much more easy.

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

I love MEGA because i can make everything very fast without hassle. MEGA app really good option. Nowadays being quick is important and MEGA do that.

Contras:

It is really expensive. Other famous cloud services were okay too but they are inexpensive.

Artyom A.
Artyom A.
Risk Business Analyst en Armenia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1,001-5,000 empleados

Alternative for Google Drive and Dropbox

4 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: If you need cheap and big cloud storage and you need it especially for personal files, Mega probably is the best available option for you.

Base free space starts from 20GB and you can extend it by completing some tasks. Mega also offers you a referral system that other cloud storage services doesn't do.

Contras:

Mega has just a few integrations unlike Google Drive.

COO en Bangladés
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

Think before choose

4 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Very poor!

In term of space, price, it's the best, no doubt.

Contras:

Unfortunately I doubt about the security! I've lost ALL data I saved to mega! So, please think carefully.

Muhammad I.
YouTuber, Freelancer en Pakistán
Internet, Trabajador autónomo

Mega, Perfect Place For Personal Use

5 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: If you want to judge my overall experience with the mega, Then you can imagine from here, I start using the Mega in 2016 and now my whole family is using the mega. Even we also use to prefer mega for chat purposes too. Do you know why? Because mega has a cloud messaging system and my family messages are not going to disappear anytime. I can always read the chat of my family and friends anytime I want and can enjoy the moments when I received that message.
Now if you are also thinking of start using the Mega, Then definitely I will recommend you with a 10/10 rating and I assure you that mega will never disappoint you.

I have liked to encryption system of mega too much. There is always an option of generating the password key separately as well as combine with a link. I'm using the mega for cloud purposes. And I'm saving my family's memories on the mega server. I have stored a lot of pictures and videos related to friends and family. There are also a lot of documents that I have stored on the mega server and I have not afraid of getting into any problem. I can manage folders and files inside mega. I have liked the folder system of mega too much and the basic plan is also an amazing service at all. I was unaware of Mega and then I start using the Mega with the basic plan. After that, I realized I may lose data from my system so I should store it in a safe place. Then I came to the Mega for a safe and trusted place. There is always an option of sharing files any time I want without my hesitation. The chat system of Mega always remains my favorite at all. I can share uploaded photos, videos, and documents with my family through the Mega chat system. I'm using the Mega android application for chat purposes and for sharing files with my family and friends. But for uploading and manage folders I use to prefer the Mega site. I found both methods reliable and safe.

Contras:

Of course Mega is my favorite at all and there is nothing that needs to be complained about or needs to be improved. Mega has changed my life very smartly and now I am using the mega on a daily basis. Memories are the perfect way to change your mode when you feel alone. And I use to store my memories on a mega server. I have my engagement pictures and videos on the mega server. And I use to enjoy them, whenever I use to go away from my home. I started using the mega from the basic plan and now I'm using a paid package plan. And I found the pricing section very affordable. Now if anybody will ask me, where you will be storing your personal data for the next 10 years? Then definitely my response will be the Mega sever. I have used a lot of cloud services but I found it mega different at all. And I'm going to use this for a lifetime.

Falisha Z.
Falisha Z.
Software Engineer en Malasia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10,000+ empleados

Cloud storage with MEGA

5 hace 8 meses

MEGA works well as a cloud service and file-sharing program. It offers a large amount of free storage space for those that sign up for an account with them. If a video file is saved here, it has a streaming media player that can watch and play a video without first downloading it.

Contras:

I'm not too fond of the fact that the data are initially stored on the cloud storage throughout the downloading process rather than immediately on my computer's local storage. I can only download the files into my computer's local storage after the file transmission is complete. Additionally, users must set up an account with MEGA before downloading anything.

Haszleen S.
Haszleen S.
Brand Manager en Malasia
Telecomunicaciones, 501-1,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The pros and cons of MEGA

4 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: MEGA is quite fast in downloading files, and can resume the download process is there are interruption on the internet connection. There are some feature that i don't like, but still it is a good software.

MEGA as a cloud storage and file sharing software is pretty good. It has a large free storage for a free account that are registered with theme. If a video files are stored in here, it has a video media player than can stream and play the video without having to download the file first.

Contras:

I don't like that in the downloading process, it will store the files on the cloud storage first and not directly on my computer local storage. Only after the files transfer is complete, i can download it into my computer local storage. User also need to have an account with MEGA first before they can download the files.

Shahirah L.
Shahirah L.
Personal Banker en Malasia
Servicios financieros, 10,000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best for storing media type file

4 hace 8 meses

I have use MEGA to share and store media type files, like video and audio, as they has an embedded player than can stream the media directly from the software without me having to download the file before playing it. They have a free account that has decent amount of free storage that user can use it freely.

Contras:

Downloading the files from the web browser version of the software is not effective at all. I need to stay on the MEGA webpage on the download process, and if i change to the other tab, the download process will be halt and worst, i had to start the download process from the beginning.

Rita carla francesca M.
Rita carla francesca M.
Author en Italia
Edición, Trabajador autónomo

Great cloud service

5 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: I'm using Mega together with two more cloud services to be sure I have a back-up copy of my files in more places, so that they don't get lost. It works seamlessly together with other similar applications without conflicts.

Having 50 Gb of free space, which gives you the opportunity to try it for a long time with a huge amount of files before deciding to buy it. Moreover I especially like the fact I can pause the upload process of each single file, thus deciding which one is uploaded first.

Contras:

The upload process for a file sometimes fails when it's almost completed and it starts over again. But you can prevent it from happening by pausing the upload of other files.

Student of Electrical and Metrology en Portugal
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 51-200 empleados

Best cloud service ever!

5 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: I have been using MEGA for some time, I use it to save some files as a Backup. MEGA has saved me a lot of troubles a few times. Thanks MEGA!

I love that MEGA offers you possibilities to increase your cloud storage such as inviting your friends and for each friend invited you to earn 5GB of additional storage!!! Also, if you don't want to invite someone, you can always earn additional storage by installing their software, verifying your phone number and etc. I earned 15GB additional storage just verifying email, phone number, etc! Cool right? I don't think MEGA has download speed limits, I always download at a reasonable speed! And of course, MEGA is all encrypted.

Contras:

I just think the upload speed is a little bit slow.. sometimes the speed does not exceed 100kb!

Santiago M.
Santiago M.
Student en Argentina
Servicios medioambientales, Trabajador autónomo

Mega is good

4 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: I like use Mega for personal backups, but i prefer other options for my business.

The best of Mega: Easy of use, very fast and very secure

Contras:

The worst of Mega: If you receive the file, and you have free account is a little frustrating because Mega have a transfer limit.

Ismayil K.
Junior Software Engineer en Azerbaiyán
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

Best Software for Data Transferring

5 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: This is a great software for transferring any data and I use it almost every day. I recommend this software for sure.

The most important advantage of this software is that you can download any files at a high and stable speed. Also, MEGA gives a lot of bonuses like storage space and data transfer permissions.

Contras:

There are some limitations for free users like limited data transfer for 24 hours. However, you can still use it more by gaining bonuses.

Kyle H.
Dishwasher en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great storage app with lots of options

5 hace 8 meses

You start out with 15 gb of storage, which is the same as Google Drive, but you can quickly bump that up by downloading there web extension, referring friends, and other tasks. Very quickly you have a lot of storage for free. The download speeds are great, and it is end to end encrypted, so you know it is secure. It will also let you make links to files so you can share the file with a friend. I use the app a lot.

Contras:

It would be nice if it worked with Google Drive better. And they keep your transfer quota to 5 gigs for the free version.

Pierfrancesco maria P.
Pierfrancesco maria P.
Ceo & Founder en Italia
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Extra gigabytes and always available

5 hace 3 meses

Tried years ago out of curiosity, now it's my first storage resource

Contras:

Even with the free version there is immediately a lot of extra space available ... convenient even for large files

Juan manuel C.
Juan manuel C.
Web Developer en Argentina
Servicios para el consumidor, 51-200 empleados

A favorable evolution

4 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: A great evolution of its predecessor "megaupload". The entry service already offers a large number of gigs (50GB compared to 5 or 15 of the competition). And the plans, although they are expensive for the region, have a very fair price. For example, they are worth twice as much as Google Drive but offer 4 times more space.
The end-to-end encryption system is a great success. The interface is very clean and clear and it also allows you to assemble folders in a very comfortable way.
A detail that is not minor, is that it is a service used by many who share their files and this allows you to have a connection

- Lots of free entry space. - Guaranteed security - Encrypted files - Well known and used service

- The price - Some slowness when uploading files

Jamieal J.
owner en Belice
Ropa y moda, Trabajador autónomo

storage review

5 hace 6 meses

love the way this software has its storage set up and that it has the app to make accessing your storage a lot easier and with downloading from here you can send out your link to have others download your file also...

Contras:

well there is nothing wrong with this software well at least i have found nothing as yet...

Alejandro S.
Alejandro S.
Engineer en Ecuador
Petróleo y energía, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Mega, just another cloud storage service

3 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: It worked quite well for me to save documents and files that I needed to have on hand anywhere, sadly when the free space filled up and I wanted to create another account with my other email address, the space they gave me was only 20 GB and I decided to switch to Google Drive in its paid version, which was cheaper than Mega.

Personally, I use the free Mega service, since at the beginning it offered 50 GB of capacity and this was a great advantage over other services such as Google Drive or Dropbox, currently it only offers 20 GB for free, which is still more than that offer other services.

Contras:

Mega's payment service is more expensive than other alternatives like Google Drive, so it is not worth paying for it. In its free version, having reduced the capacity from 50 to 20 GB, also made me look for other free alternatives that offer more space

Videomaker en Italia
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo

Indispensabile

5 hace 7 meses

Indispensabile per avere tutti i file necesari a lavorare disponibili su tutti i dispositivi.

Contras:

La versione gratuita ha spazio abbastanaz limitato, ma questo è comprensibile.