Opiniones de SchoolAuction.net

4.6/5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.9/5

Sobre SchoolAuction.net

Servicio basado en la web y diseñado para facilitar la gestión de subastas y otros eventos de recaudación de fondos para escuelas públicas, privadas y parroquiales.

Descubre más sobre SchoolAuction.net

Mostrando 199 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Wendy D.
Administrative Assistant
51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/2/2018

"User Friendly, Easy for First Time Users, Self-Explanatory"

Comentarios: We have used this software for years now. Myself, the last two. It is easy enough to teach the least computer literate person to use.

Puntos a favor: It is so comprehensive-- everything from setting up your event, selling tickets, vaulting credit card info to make for a faster checkout, logging all your items... it's all there! And after the event, there is a good system of reports that let you see how well certain items or categories did, which ones earned the most, who your big spenders were-- everything! We liked the software so much that we've also used it for selling tickets to other school events-- you can set up multiple events in the software and just use what parts of it you need for each event. It really is that easy!

Contras: Because so many not for profit organizations use this software, I wish that it could be paid for on a sliding scale; depending on what's it's used for, the people that it may be used for, etc.

• Publicado el 15/2/2018
Doug S.
Auction Chair
Educación primaria/secundaria, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/8/2019

"Answered our prayers"

Comentarios: We had been using a different auction package for a few years. It had a dated, inefficient interface. It tripped us up in the middle of our event. We needed something more modern and responsive. We were investigating more expensive, top-tier packages when another volunteer saw SchoolAuction.net in an ad. We read up on it and found it had the features we wanted, but seemed like just a small startup (loved the story, but could they support us?). I called and had their founder on the phone in no time and he quickly put me at ease with their ability to meet our needs and support our events. We decided to try it out and were not disappointed. The documentation was amazingly clear and very easy to follow. We got rapid support when we needed it. Including a few more calls to their founder who also helped us get connected with a payments gateway. We pulled off a great event and were even able to re-use the software for other events within the same year. ALL of our events yielded higher revenue than in past years as a result of their great tools and we saved money over the other packages we evaluated.

Puntos a favor: Easy to learn and use. Great documentation. Superb customer service. Comprehensive feature set and flexible enough to meet needs outside of our original auction intent. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Contras: Would have enjoyed a little more customization capability in the site look-and-feel, but the included templates were good enough to meet our needs.

• Publicado el 28/8/2019
Kara M.
PTA Secretary
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 29/7/2019

"Good for Project Administrators, Complicated for Helpers"

Comentarios: As one of the administrators of the auction, I spent a lot of time using SchoolAuction.net and the more familiar I was with it the more I liked it, however, it was hard for people who could only donate a small amount of time to help with it, which was problematic.

Puntos a favor: I loved the customer support and online tutorial.

Contras: I felt it was not easy for new comers to navigate. I also feel that the auction site itself was not very user friendly and many people complained about having difficulty bidding and/or finding specific items. I also did not like the layout of the site when using a mobile devise.

Trent G.
Volunteer - IT
Recaudación de fondos, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 21/7/2019

"Easy to use during the event"

Comentarios: Those of us tasked with entering items and organizing were done so far ahead of schedule compared to prior years, that we had to go back and correct issues that arose later. Next time, we’ll just be patient. A good problem.

Puntos a favor: Mobile/Tablet compatible, SaaS
Intuitive, very little training for volunteers.
Very easy to integrate credit card processing connection.
Help videos to show volunteers. Extensive text-based help database as well.
Multiple users at once; admin can set permissions.
Option for online auction.

Contras: Some signage/descriptions signage was only available in one export size/orientation and it wasn’t our desired size.
Can’t add new user while in the screen to add new item. Must switch menus.
Indicator for volunteer at check-out to pull certificate needs to be larger and/or a pop-up should be utilized.
Managing seats at gala tables; doesn’t indicate well when particular table hits capacity.
No option to suppress unavailable physical bidder paddle numbers (when using existing paddles).
Silent auction tab sheet doesn’t continue to a second page for more entries.
No place to include other expenses from event so we can build complete picture of our success.

por SchoolAuction.net el 23/7/2019

Thanks, Trent! We're delighted that your job was faster and easier - and that you are going to keep us on our toes by pushing for more improvements. We love the constructive, detailed feedback!

• Publicado el 21/7/2019
Renata S.
Director of Special Events
Educación primaria/secundaria, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 29/7/2019

"Worth the learning curve! Switched from software we had been using for the past 20+."

Comentarios: We really enjoyed using schoolauction.net and will continue to do so for our school gala/auction event. In fact, we were so pleased that we are looking at how we might be able to use it for other events as well. There was a learning curve, especially for those team members who aren't especially tech-savvy , but the majority found it very easy to use and were thrilled that we made the switch!

Puntos a favor: Easy to import info from previous software.
Intuitive and generally very user-friendly.
Good for those who can self-educate - lots of video tutorials and a comprehensive help center.
Very quick customer service response through email.

Contras: Some team members struggled with the lack of phone support. We had an issue specific to our gala-style event, and thus I would not recommend this software for an organization whose priority is finding a seamless way to handle guests with regards to tickets, tables, table captains, and comped tickets. We were able to find workarounds but it got a bit confusing and we weren't able to use the reports and analytics that would have otherwise been very helpful.

por SchoolAuction.net el 30/7/2019

Thanks, Renata! We appreciate the feedback, and... we're working on it!

Melanie B.
Development Manager
Música, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/7/2019

"SA.net user since 2014! So easy to use for our school fundraising that I started using it for work."

Comentarios: I'm entering into my seventh year using SchoolAuction.net, and I continue to recommend it to others.

Puntos a favor: It's incredibly easy to train volunteers, capture all of the info that I want from users and guests, and process guests quickly on event night.

Contras: It's often slow on weekday afternoons, hard in the weeks leading up to events. It's a bit of a long and clunky URL.

por SchoolAuction.net el 11/7/2019

Thanks, Melanie! Reach out next time - we've got tricks to make it easier to drive people to your site than publishing the URL...

Roger

Carabeth R.
Development Director
  • Publicado el 27/2/2020

"School Auction Review"

Comentarios: We solved our school auction with this software, I loved it because we mostly use volunteers to staff the event and it was very easy to have people with no previous experience with the software use it that evening with ease.

Puntos a favor: School Auction is a great platform! We started using it for our annual auction and it was a game-changer for our school. It's super easy to use and set up.

Contras: I feel like the website that you can create for your event could be a little more robust. You can change the colors but the layout options are limited.

• Publicado el 27/2/2020
Suzanne T.
Program Coordinator
Administración educativa, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/12/2019

"Makes coordinating an auction easy!"

Comentarios: I have coordinated a number of auctions, and found that the customer support offered to us by SchoolAuction.net is unparalled to what other auction software companies provide.

Puntos a favor: Everything! SchoolAuction.net streamlined the check in, check out, and bidding. The tutorials were very helpful as well.

Contras: There wasn't anything that I saw as a negative about this software. I do wish the price was a little lower, but I think in the long run it paid for itself.

por SchoolAuction.net el 5/12/2019

Thanks, Suzanne!

• Publicado el 4/12/2019
Dayna G.
Development Associate
Recaudación de fondos, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/2/2020

"Easy to Use"

Comentarios: I used this website to run 2 auctions. I have never used another auction website.

Puntos a favor: This website makes it very easy to run and auction event, even if you have never done so before, and has all the tools you need.

Contras: Some things are hard to figure out how to do them/ where they are on the website but the staff is very helpful.

• Publicado el 15/2/2020
Freelance Writer/Blogger
Administración educativa, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"SchoolAuction.net is a life-saver!"

Puntos a favor: SchoolAuction.net is a life-saver! I can now effectively organize fundraisers without hassle!

Contras: I have no complaints! It's practically glitch-free!

• Publicado el 27/8/2019
Monica M.
Director of Development
  • Publicado el 17/7/2019

"Clean, Updated Look to Event Software"

Comentarios: For our annual fundraising event I decided to try a new software as our planning committee was looking for new ways to manage the event. We specifically loved the self check-in and out capabilities, the ease of entering catalog items and photos, and the ease of emailing guests. Another really nice aspect was the fact that we did not hire a cashiering service because it was easy to train volunteers to input sales at the event.

Puntos a favor: The software creates a clean, esthetically pleasing event website. The catalog looks fresh with updated design options compared to other auction softwares. It is pretty user friendly, easy to figure out. I loved the ease of sending out messages to attendees and I also loved the self check-in and self-check out components. There is no reason to hire a cashiering service for the night of the event because training volunteers to enter sales data is super easy. We loved that we could do this ourselves.

Contras: 1. There is no way to enter attendees as couples. In other auction software, there are households in which two names can be entered. Each person within the household has a very succinct "profile" and then they are linked. This makes it easy to print name badges with the same bidder numbers etc. In my opinion, SchoolAuction really needs to address this issue.
2. I didn't like the look of the template of the receipts/thank you letter and it was super hard to manipulate to make it look decent. I would like it to look more like a regular letter with the receipt part in the body of the letter. It would be nice to have the ability to have more than one template.

por SchoolAuction.net el 20/7/2019

Thanks, Monica! As you get ready for next year, reach out to us to show you how to enter couples/households as attendees - it's a slightly different process than in some other systems.

• Publicado el 17/7/2019
Trish K.
Event Chair/Auction Coordinator
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/7/2019

"Simplified my life tremendously!"

Comentarios: My overall experience has been very positive. Everything the software does to make life easier is fantastic. It was created by people who have worked in the trenches of the hellish auction so they totally understand. The rep is also awesome about making himself available to help with event logistics. We've had moments where we were having a hard time figuring out how to transition to a database-run event and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] would spend time on the phone giving us pointers.

Puntos a favor: We started using this software in 2017. Before signing on, we used an email marketing program for registrations and did everything else manually. It was a nightmare and the event was always stressful and left me feeling drained. After shopping around I settled on School Auction. I work with an animal rescue, not a school, so the platform I use is called Tofino. Same great product but a different name for non-schools. I love everything the software does for us. It keeps track of registrants and lets you add pre-sale items and different price levels, it assigns bidder numbers and can link bidders together to share one number. It keeps track of auction items, numbers them, lets you bundle them together in lots, creates display signs and bid sheets. It's all online so anyone on your team can access and enter data. A couple features that really made life so much easier are the self check-in and self check-out. Guests can check themselves in, vault a credit card, make all their purchases with their bidder number and then at the end of the night you send them an email with their invoice and they can pay securely on their phone! Not having the end-of-the-event nightmare lines out the door is one of the best things. They also have a series of reports that you can run post-event. Everything is broken down so you can see how much the auction made or how much each item sold for, how much merchandise was sold, how many glasses of wine were purchased, etc.

Contras: The software is set up so people can teach themselves how to use it. All the videos and help articles are great. But, I gotta say, it would be nice to be able to talk to customer service now and then. For the basic package all customer support is done via email. Now that we're in our third year, that's not such a big deal but year #1 was a bit frustrating at times trying to figure things out with back and forth emails. I will say, though, that they answer the emails quickly so you can usually get resolution in a timely manner. Also, on event night they give you a phone number to reach an on-call support person in case any problems arise. So it's a huge relief having that option on hand.

por SchoolAuction.net el 11/7/2019

Thanks, Trish! We appreciate the feedback and the continued opportunity to help you!

Jennifer H.
  • Publicado el 29/11/2016

"Good school gala software"

Comentarios: We used this software last year for our school fundraising Gala. we have opted to renew and use again this year. It's fairly easy to jump in and get started. There are video tutorials to help you get started. If you organize yourself well, the reporting at the end is great. If you don't categorize as intended, it will affect you at the end. Make sure everyone entering information and creating sellable items, tickets, free, retail, tax info, etc. understands the reason for certain categories because this software can do a lot for you. There were some live features during gala that I would have liked to see -- like a full list of each current bid - it scrolled through and took forever for people to see the current bid on the item they wanted. This may be a feature, but I couldn't find it that night. Make sure to set the settings for live bids to allow your guests to put in their max bid. This was something we did not do, but wish we did. For our first year, I feel that we didn't fully understand the power of the software, and are learning it better prior to the event this year. I am looking at last year as a trail run for us and am hoping from what I've learned in closing out the event that this year will be much more smoother now that I see things we should have done when setting up the event. Overall, last year it was a 4 without much planning into how to use the software. I am hoping with better planning on our end, we can use the software to its full potential. The important things to consider when creating event are: Roles assigned to Users, Settings for your Guests software experience, and categorizing each sellable item, auction item, ticket, sponsorships, etc. If set up properly, the reporting within this software is great at the end and live during the event. If it's wrong, you can always fix during the reporting phase at the wrap up, but the information won't be accurate leading up to and at the event. There is a lot of great tools in this software, but take the time to use it at its full potential.

Puntos a favor: Reporting, organizing, invoicing, collection of money, database creation

Contras: live online bidding wasn't as smooth as we had hoped due to not understanding how to show current bids of a large number of items easily for guests.

• Publicado el 29/11/2016
Daniel L.
Development Manager
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/11/2016

"User Friendly, Easy to Engage Volunteers With! "

Comentarios: Our organization has used School Auction for over 4 years for our major gala event. We are committed to creating an enjoyable event, and School Auction has been our key assist to making the event run smooth. The tool is useful because it automates so many core functions at a gala fundraiser: Pre-planning, the tool is easy to use for helping to sort and ID guests. It's a great repository for our Gala Auction items to keep track of items, and can be used to print out the descriptions of silent auction items for the event. During the night of, we're able to collect the credit card information of our donors at check-in (no messy exits), and are able to update all information night of real time. We organize a training for our volunteers a few days before the event, which helps to familiarize the team with the tool. It is a good idea to have one or two "Go To" leads for the night of to assist with questions. Best of all, if you have questions or concerns the night of the event, School Auction will answer your questions! I've found the team to be very helpful and response to email communications and assistance. One of my favorite parts of School Auction is the data analysis we are capable of - it helps easily ID through charts and graphs what amount of our revenue came from particular items, and using the same software year over year makes for easy comparison. Very useful and I would recommend!

Puntos a favor: Very user friendly. The data for after event comparison is very helpful in designing and planning what is most effective.

• Publicado el 28/11/2016
Corinne N.
  • Publicado el 28/3/2017

"Escuela Key Auction March 25, 2017"

Comentarios: Generally very good experience. 3 Major Problems that I would like to discuss with someone for next year. (1) When guests with a shared bidder number checked in, the guest whose email was secondary in the account got an error message that they needed to create a password and vault a credit card. That made no sense because the first guest had already done so. We don't know if we were doing something wrong at check in or what but it frustrated our guests and slowed them from getting to room to start bidding. (2) Despite being told in advance of the auction that we could go to Auction Night/Will Call to see what had been sold/won periodically through the night (so that we could collate the items to the winning bidders' folders), I could not get Will Call to show the winning items during the auction. It showed only the pre-auction sales. This was a major problem and slowed down our process for getting items into the hands of winning bidders' folders for check out. After the auction, I see that Will Call does list all the winning bids. We will need clarification on this for next year. (3) With shared tickets, the second guess did not always get outbid text notifications. How can we fix this for next year?
Also, less of a major problem: We were selling some items for a fixed price. We were doing mobile bidding. When we selected "buy now" for "price to display", the mobile catalog properly shows the "buy now price." But our printed description sheet listed "cost" with the FMV. This was confusing and I could not figure out a way for the printed sheet to show the buy now price.
Is there a way for me to talk to/email directly to SchoolAuction.net to get clarification on these things for next year. We can't have the check-in problem and Will Call problem again.

Puntos a favor: Easy to load the catalog and to enter data. Easy to bid. Easy to check out. Easy to close out orders. Easy to do returns. Generally, really great to use this software. Would definitely use again next year.

Contras: After editing an item in the catalog and hitting save, you bounce back to the top of the catalog. The whole situation with raffle items is confusing. It was never clear to me whether the items being raffled should have been categorized as "raffle" or what.
Major problems checking in second guest on shared bidder number.
Major problems with Will Call report during the auction.
Sellable items -- "cost" (ie FMV) displayed on the printed description sheet. Should display the "Buy Now" price.

por SchoolAuction.net el 28/3/2017

Thank you, Corinne! We appreciate the feedback, and will reach out to you directly to discuss the issues you saw.

• Publicado el 28/3/2017
Courtney W.
Web Support
Instituciones religiosas, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/7/2019

"Best Auction Software We've Used!"

Comentarios: Overall we've had an amazing experience with SchoolAuction.net. We just renewed our subscription for the 3rd year and enjoy using it for not only our annual auction but for other fundraising events throughout the year. I would highly recommend this software over any other.

Puntos a favor: This software was created with the average computer user in mind but also gives the customization tools for a super user! It has a beautiful website for the bidding audience and a fully functional database with excellent reporting for the auction team. I would say the best thing about this software is its ease of use for everyone, our bidders, ticket buyers, donors, and especially our volunteer team. I don't have to spend a bunch of time training them how to use the software, it has a very detailed search system and walk through function so my staff can learn how to use it on their own.

Contras: There's a few minor things I have complaints about but I've brought them up to the customer service department and they are working on making changes to those areas of improvement.

por SchoolAuction.net el 16/7/2019

Thanks, Courtney! We really appreciate your feedback - stay tuned for announcements on the upgrades coming later this summer.

• Publicado el 11/7/2019
Robert B.
  • Publicado el 13/2/2017

"The best we've found - it does everything."

Comentarios: SchoolAuction.net has been an incredible upgrade from the software we used for a few years. It's a complete system that essentially provides everything you need in order to conduct an online and/or live auction, from selling tickets to selling items, assigning and printing bid sheets and bidder cards, as well as invoicing, tracking and receiving payments, and reconciliation. Essentially, it's a complete system. We compared many systems before converting to SchoolAuction.net 3 years ago, and once we chose this one, we havent looked back. Each year they have added new and exciting features (they even have mobile bidding and self-checkout with automated email reminders to pay), and their support is fast and clear. They also have very good tutorials and videos, which makes it easy for me to train new users each year (thank you for that, guys!). As a system administrator for several small-to-medium sized clients, I have a great deal of experience with various types and scopes of business systems, including overall operational systems, online commerce, financial and more. I am impressed that this one system offers so many features and functions all in one program, including credit card transactions. I give it an absolute "two-thumbs up"! I'm not impressed easily, but I'm definitely impressed with this program and their people. Robert Brannan
Auction Admin and Online Auction Chair
2015, 2016, 2017 Auctions

• Publicado el 13/2/2017
Isaac K.
Operations Manager
Oficina ejecutiva, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/1/2017

"Excellent All-In-One School Auction Software!"

Comentarios: I have been using this software for the past two years and it is excellent and very user friendly! I have run the entire auction event from start to finish with this site and I have no complaints about it at all. The customer support is second to none. They have addressed every single ticket I have submitted in under 30 minutes and have always addressed my concerns. The front end is great and easily customized to meet your needs. The backend is straightforward to navigate for anyone with even a little technical ability. They allow you to migrate data between sites in order to preserve donor and item information which makes follow-on years very easy to implement. I have researched other products and I sincerely believe this is the best product for a mid to large size event. You will not be disappointed by this product or their customer service!

Puntos a favor: Easy to use, end-to-end management of auction event. No need to use any other product for any other portion of the event. Easy to convert items from silent to online auction. POS is very professional and just as good as anything you would find in a retail store.

Contras: It is a little more expensive than some of the cheaper auction software out there, but I know this is because it contains much more functionality. If you have a very small event then it might not be worth the price, but for anything mid to large size this is the best product.

• Publicado el 17/1/2017
Kate F.
Executive Director
Instituciones religiosas, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/1/2017

"You'd be silly to attempt an auction without it!"

Comentarios: When I came on-board at my non-profit, they had been using just Excel sheets and word docs for all of their auction needs. That gave me nightmares! When we finally started using School Auction, it was a game-changer. As we began last year, the committee asked "Are we using the auction software again?" I stopped them dead in their tracks when my reply was, "I refuse to participate if we DON'T." That's the power of School Auction.Net! :) Better yet, their leadership team provides personalized attention and support around the clock. That's something that is hard to find in a software company--but they want you to be successful, and so they are committed to answering any questions and addressing any issues you may have. I can't say enough!

Puntos a favor: Ease of use. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and it provides everything from donor information to the actual gift certificates/vouchers you can print in the absence of a tangible item. Personalized, reliable support is amazingly helpful too!

Contras: It'd be great to run off complete lists of items that sold, who purchased them and how much they paid. Also, selling single items, like raffle tickets was a bit difficult last year, from what I can remember.

• Publicado el 19/1/2017
Tony C.
Board Member
  • Publicado el 14/9/2015

"Non-Profit Preschool with yearly Gala & Silent Auction fundraiser"

Comentarios: I was referred by another local Austin non-profit to the SchoolAuction platform while researching online event and silent auction software in 2014. After conducting product reviews with the sales staff for two other vendors I was very pleasantly surprised when I called and spoke to Roger. One of the questions that Open Door was wrestling with was whether or not to implement mobile bidding. Keep in mind that this would be our first year using any event software. Our event had been growing in size and complexity and we wanted a tool that could give us competitive experiences with top tier non-profit events. Of course we wanted mobile bidding. Everyone was doing it. When I spoke to the other two auction software vendors they explained that mobile bidding would add between $1500 and $2500 to our annual licensing expense. Worse it was a scaling expense based on the amount of auction sales we had. While discussing our needs with Roger he offered up that mobile bidding wasn't the silver bullet that event organizers sometimes thought it could be. It required more thought on infrastructure (how good would wifi / cell coverage be at the event) as well as creating an limitation on who would participate in the auction (would everyone feel comfortable bidding through their phones or could we staff auction volunteers with mobile devices to facilitate bidding). Our event, while growing, is still more intimate than commercial and we receive the majority of our ticket sales and donations via mail & check rather than online sales because that's how our donors prefer to interact with us. Would pushing the silent auction to a mobile-only bidding solution really help us? Now so much. At least not now. I can't tell you how refreshing it was to know that the vendor I was talking to wasn't all that interested in up-selling me. It was really a conversation about right-sizing their features to our event. What's more SchoolAuction's pricing reflects that strategy. They offer flat fees rather than a small up front fee with scaling embedded costs. They don't force you to use their own payment processor with hidden fees. Last thing, as a software developer myself I'm pleasantly surprised by the usability of the School Auction tools. The help is very informative and easy to navigate. The User Interface is straight-forward and logical. I'm able to on-board new event volunteers and staff with minimal explanation and training. Nice work.

• Publicado el 14/9/2015
Carol R.
Development Director
Administración educativa, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/7/2016

"Great option for Development Directors"

Comentarios: This software was exactly what we were needing to make our processing faster and easier. Our parents loved the phone check-out system and it put less pressure on our check-out team and alleviated lines at the end. The credit card set-up was a bit confusing but in the end it worked great.

Puntos a favor: speed of system and ability for all my team members to access and edit the parts they are responsible for - and everything doesn't have to go thru my hands to get done!

Contras: It is very hard for the pick up team to know when the calling team has secured a donation. The pickup team has to keep checking thru all the potential donors every day since there isn't a mechanism to see updates and notes on who to ask for etc. because it all goes into the donors regular info instead of a place to put info just pertaining to that year. It was hard for most team members to understand that you have to go between the donors and the items.

por SchoolAuction.net el 19/7/2016

Thank you, Carol! This is excellent feedback!

• Publicado el 12/7/2016
Matt J.
Volunteer
  • Publicado el 11/1/2017

"3 Year Returning Customer"

Comentarios: We have been a customer for 3 years, going on 4. To start with, the system had all of the base functionality that we needed to run our auction as is. Each year, we have used some of the new features (online check in/out, online bidding pre/post auction, etc) to improve our auction for our school community. The support, both the online help features and the ability to call/email, has been the best part of using SchoolAuction.net. Each year we have new volunteers running the system, so having the tutorials really helps. SchoolAuction.net has helped us to improve our auction each year.

Puntos a favor: The support, both the online help features and the ability to call/email, has been the best part of using SchoolAuction.net. Each year we have new volunteers running the system, so having the tutorials really helps.

Contras: The first 2 years we did not understand the difference between the Tacking and Item Numbers and how to change the Item Number using the Tables feature, which caused some headaches for tracking our physical items. Now that we know the difference, that issue is behind us.

• Publicado el 11/1/2017
Valerie W.
Chief of Staff
  • Publicado el 4/2/2015

"The best tool for optimizing your fundraiser"

Comentarios: I initially looked into online and mobile bidding tools for our company's silent auction due to new logistic challenges. Specifically, the event was growing and with limited opportunities to maximize our event space, we needed a solution to improve flow and reduce lines at the silent auction tables and check-out station. After conducting some research, SchoolAuction.net/TofinoAuctions.com clearly stood out as the best option. They offered all of the functionality we needed at a price that permitted us to maximize our fundraising and still provided exceptional customer service. Roger Devine gave us a thorough overview to ensure the software would meet our needs and that it would be a mutually beneficial relationship. While the interface is very intuitive and easy to use, their staff walked me through the entire process -- from setting up the event page in the beginning, to adding auction items and establishing communication templates. They ensured I was set up for success. They scheduled meetings a week and even day prior to touch base and verify that I had all the tools and information I needed. Their 24/7 support makes them an extension of your auction night team. I had a few last minutes questions and called into their support team, and my primary contact, Kris, was readily available to help with anything I needed. She was so gracious and patient even while I dealt with background noise and poor cell reception on my end. We primarily used this service for the mobile bidding tool, so that our guests could place bids from the convenience of their seats. Our event staff walked around with iPads to assist those who had trouble placing bids on their own, but the vast majority of our guests were extremely comfortable bidding on their own. The convenience of this service allowed us to raise more funds than the previous year, despite a lower FMV (fair market value) total from our donated items. Close to two-thirds of our guests used the self check-out, minimizing the check-out line and permitting our guests to leave quickly when the event concluded. Regardless of your experience with auctions or comfort level with technology, I would recommend this product. Roger, Kris, and the rest of the School Auction team will set you and your event up for success and optimize your fundraising potential.

• Publicado el 4/2/2015
Julie D.
Founder & Event Manager
  • Publicado el 1/2/2015

"Essential tool for non-profit event management"

Comentarios: In my role as our school's fundraising & auction chair, and a professional event planner for corporate, government and non-profit clients with over 15 years' international experience, I need a complete event software package - it has to be easy to learn, easy to use, come all the features and have a cost-effective and clear pricing structure. Technical support is also a must, as is data ownership - I stay away from companies that would take my guest and parent info and use them for their own marketing purposes. After having worked with a number of software tools, ranging in price from $500 to $40,000, I came across Tofino / SchoolAuction.net. Their staff are friendly, responsive and knowledgeable, the price structure is uncomplicated and very affordable, and the software is intuitive and easy for just about anyone to pick up and run with. Pros - Simple to use for both customers and event staff. Easy to configure look / feel. Data structure is smart and all information is linked so double-handling is at a minimum - and it is impossible to accidentally delete something! Reporting is robust and everything can be exported for further manipulation. I have confidence in the software's built-in credit card security protocol and their server back-up protocols, so that no event data will be lost in the event of an outage. I love that I'm not locked into a contract and that there is no additional % processing fee on top of our merchant account fees. Mobile bidding is fairly new - we were the first client to use it - and it did everything we needed and more, bug-free. The email support is excellent - I am often delighted to receive a response in under 10 minutes, with the option to have them fix it or teach me how to. The online documentation is thorough and clear. Their releases are planned and carefully executed to ensure consistency and minimal interruption. Cons - nothing major. I've put forward a few suggestions which have been added to their wish list, and some prioritized higher because I took the time to feedback. Tofino / SchoolAuction.net understands what event organizers need in a software tool, and what non-profit organizations need to be successful in raising money. I love working with Tofino and recommend them without hesitation.

• Publicado el 1/2/2015
Amelia K.
Events and Community Engagement Manager
  • Publicado el 10/7/2019

"Great software, ideal ease of use and functionality"

Comentarios: We loved this software and have already recommended it to other schools and organizations! We are excited to utilize all of its features as we continue to engage our school community.

Puntos a favor: School Auction has been an immediate success with our Development Staff and the parent community. We loved the online auction's interface and it was easy to track items and bids in real time. The self-check out and user-friendly interface allowed for us to collect payment promptly and we experienced almost no issues with individual account setup, something that was very difficult for users of our last software. The communication tools also made it easy to develop templates and contact multiple users at once. While we didn't use them this year, we are also excited to develop the contests and mobile bidding features.

Contras: Not enough direct customer service/software support. When we had a software issue we were told to check online tutorials and didn't get help directly from support or our sales rep. I appreciate being an independent user but sometimes it's nice to speak with someone and receive advice directly from the experts or developers. The customization tools and email templates also didn't allow for much creativity and it would also be helpful to integrate with a CRM (Raiser's Edge) but we can live without that for now!

por SchoolAuction.net el 11/7/2019

Thanks, Amelia! We appreciate the feedback - and we'd love to have an integration with RE - we'll keep trying!