15 años ayudando a las empresas mexicanas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre SIMUL8

Software de simulación potente e intuitivo que cualquiera puede usar para obtener resultados rápidamente. Mejora los procesos, aumenta la eficiencia y reduce los costes.

Descubre más sobre SIMUL8

Contras:

Hard to record videos of a simulation run. I used a third-party program.).

Valoraciones de SIMUL8

Relación calidad-precio
4.6

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.9/10

SIMUL8 tiene una valoración global de 4.6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 124 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado SIMUL8 antes?

Filtrar opiniones (124)

Kristina
Kristina
Industrial Engineer II en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 1,001-5,000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Ease of use and WONDERFUL customer experience

5.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: 10/10 - I would purchase again. I also took the training with customer service rep and that unlocked my use of the tool more than if I were to just buy and use without going.Both the reps are the two employees I interface with most and I can't say enough positive things about my experience as a customer and user. They already had the sale, they didn't need to keep helping me but I feel their attitude is for the product to truly help my decision making.

Product is easy to use but the absolute BEST feature is the support. I can shoot an email with a question and get a very helpful response in under a day or, even better, I have emailed them my file and had support respond with where my error was. I wish I could give them 6/5 stars in this category.

Contras:

In today's world we are spoiled with things like the iPhone "just working" and there are a few features that require some extra clicks when trying to make changes. Also could have more "flashy" charts/features but I just export the data to excel when needed to make these.

Grace
Sales en RU
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 11-50 empleados

Simul8 to sell

5.0 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: I have worked hard to learn and understand it. Constantly changing what i use and how i use it.

Being able to prove to a customer that our conveyor system would work and to show any issues and changes that we would need to make.

Contras:

Moving images and uploading your own small images for the activity icons would be good.

Justin
Regional Director en RU
Ingeniería civil, 201-500 empleados

Ashford user

4.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: A good experience overall but the support team are essential to enable one to get the most out of the product.

The basic building blocks are quite intuitive and simple scenarios easy to model. The Simul8 support team are excellent for help with more complex schemes.

Contras:

The visual logig guidance assumes a degree of coding familiarity. Given it is such a powerful addition to a model I feel the introductory guidance on line could be better presented.

Iris
Analyst en RU
Administración gubernamental, 5,001-10,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great support staff. But poor documentation.

3.0 hace 3 años

I value the availability of the support chat function. The support staff are very forthcoming and helpful.

Contras:

I need to use the visual logic functionality for most of my modelling. But the documentation for this is lacking. Comprehensive documentation, tutorials and documented examples would improve the experience significantly. The VL interface is also quite frustrating as compared to normal programming languages. Finding commands is difficult, and the use of the interface is not intuitive.

hace 2 años

Hi Iris, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, user feedback is so important for helping us improve. We originally replied back in 2020, we wanted to follow up again as we've made improvements in the areas you suggested improvements. Firstly the Visual Logic editor has had a major update. Yourself and other users wanted us to make it completely free type like other programme editors you use. We've now done this, so you can type freely with no verification getting in the way. To help beginner users we've kept the line validation but moved it to a separate mode. So now all users can have VL behave as suits them. In terms of documentation we've since introduced Simul8 Academy and have introduced a range of new examples for Visual Logic. We'll keep adding to this bank each week so it will grow as a resource. Again, thank you for the feedback. It has been invaluable and directly inputted to our product development. Thank you. Frances Sneddon CTO, Simul8

Aida
Clinical embryologist en RU
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 1,001-5,000 empleados

A user friendly

5.0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: I can’t praise the simul8 team enough, very knowledgeable, patient and flexible. Everyone has been very supportive and they are still supportive through my project. The team has ideas and is always looking to improve and find solutions. My project was with the university and in a hospital and the simul8 have been very flexible about availability.

Simul8 made the very complex IVF lab structure easy to picture and see and understand. This is key to showcase how difficult planning is and what are the main bottlenecks. The visuals are important and the quality of the inputs is very high.

Contras:

To be able to utilise simul8, I needed help so I still can’t use it by myself. I have been handheld all the way through. I suppose if someone has the time and the ability to learn they can do it I work in healthcare and have a full time job.

Industrialization Principal Engineer en Irlanda
Dispositivos médicos, 10,000+ empleados

Stryker & Simul8

5.0 la semana pasada Nuevo

Comentarios: The support provided is outstanding.[sensitive content hidden]was partnered with us. She was amazing. She helped us build something from scratch by outlining a structured approach, being collaborative, working through together and explaining things a we go. Fantastic support, great knowledge, ability to create and nice communication style in getting things done right.

The simplicity of the software and its capability. Need more time using software to get familiar with it. Like the

Contras:

No issues to date. It is capable of doing what we need. Need more time using software. Basic input creation has a lot of options but it may help to have quick tip guidelines or scenario examples. Handover of model, in package provided it would help if support was provided here for a set period of time. A support service just to understand things better and possibly refine things in model.

Bill
Senior Statistician en EE. UU.
Papel y productos forestales, 10,000+ empleados

Simul8 Support and Service

4.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Their customer service and support are second to none. As a statistician I used to think SAS had the best service and support, but Simul8 tops them which I didn't think was possible.

Great tool and very powerful. Like everything there is a learning curve, but you can get good results very quickly and as your learning progresses, you can build even more insightful models.

Contras:

Don't have any big dislikes. The graphics are not quite as elaborate as some other packages, but those packages are more expensive. The graphics quality does not detract from the results of the models.

Jodh
Management Consultant en RU
Defensa y espacio, 10,000+ empleados

Logistics simulation review

4.0 hace 2 meses

Can set up effective simulations in which scenarios can be easily altered to show the supply and logistical constraints etc.

Contras:

Navigation within the tool can be slightly difficult, as can designing dashboards on the tool

Colin
M E en RU
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 501-1,000 empleados

Great Product

5.0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Enjoyable to use and making the simulation.

Support from team on getting started and support.

Contras:

Training in the start up package should be longer.

Joseph
Engineer en EE. UU.
Automoción, 501-1,000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Good job with caveats

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: The simulate training should have included more hands on usage of building a system to use the tools.

The software was really powerful and a lot of functionality built in. The help function included a lot of helpful info.

Contras:

The training would start several minutes late each day. We would be in a TEAMS waiting room with no info as to when or if the meeting would start. The meeting should have started on time each day.

Stacey
Analytics Manager en RU
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados

A powerful tool

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Overall I have had a very positive experience of using the software. We've used Simul8 for looking at explaining why ambulances queuing at emergency departments in recent years has increased. Currently are using it to look at staff required to deal with call demands at GP practices. We also use it for training other analysts to help them understand what discrete event simulation is and can do.

I find that the visualisation aspect of using Simul8 software for discrete event simulations really helps management and frontline staff to enagage in discussions around how to improve their system and gives them more confidence in results. Some of the features included make producing a model quicker for me than alternative solutions. One of the main reasons I'll use Simul8 over alternatives is the speed of reply and the very knowledgeable support staff. The ability to export full documentation of your model does help in making it more transparent to those who want to reproduce a similar model in alternative software and it does now connect to R as well as Excel. Really like the ability to use the online version of Simul8 as well as the desktop version. You can build simple models with the standard features quite rapidly which is great for beginners but the additional features like Optquest and Visual Logic expand its possibilities much further.

Contras:

The obvious one is being a commercial company there is always going to be a cost and my organisation being public sector means there is a push right now to use opensource solutions instead. I sometimes find the visual logic help on the website doesn't resolve my query but a quick sometimes usually export to R or Excel for final versions. It is possible to occasionally crash but I can't remember it ever not recovering my work.

Brian
Simulation Specialist en EE. UU.
Automatización industrial, Trabajador autónomo

SIMUL8 for Manufacturing Applications

4.0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Having over 24 years in the simulation field, I have used several different simulation packages. SIMUL8 has surfaced at the top of the list for several reasons: Low cost per seat, Ease of learning the tool, Power & Functionality of basic simulation objects, Ease of data import/export, Ease of analyzing results. SIMUL8 has proven to meet typical manufacturing design objectives such as:
1) Bottleneck Analysis and applying "Theory of Constraints" to designing and improving manufacturing operations.
2) Determining the optimal number of carriers within a material handling system (i.e. Power & Free, Electric Monorail, etc)
3) Determining optimal operator & resource utilization; including operating patterns & shift patterns.
4) Optimizing mixed model assembly lines; including scheduling and sequencing objectives.
I have learned staying with proven basic simulation objects works best when building models. SIMUL8's "Visual Logic" contains enough commands and logical constructs to capture coding conditional events throughout complex areas within the process. Basically, learning how to apply basic "IF-Then" statements in conjunction with commands is all it takes to tap into its power. Cons: Limited graphics & annotation, Save often as model can lock-up, Operator Travel Links can become corrupt. Good point is with time... you can usually find work-around's to avoid some of the listed shortfalls.

I stay with the basic simulation building blocks and design and implement complex manufacturing designs.

Contras:

Annotation and screen graphics are lacking. Operator travel links can become corrupt.

Scot
President en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, Trabajador autónomo

SIMUL8 for healthcare use

4.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: The tool is great for modeling and addressing process throughput and constraint troubleshooting and forecasting. The SIMUL8 support team is also responsive and knowledgable.

Creating initial models in SIMUL8 is very easy - like Visio on steroids. Once we got the flow parameters of the processes we were simulating, the current state model was built in hours, not days or weeks. Doing what-if adjustments and scenarios in cycle times etc to test future state is relatively easy. The model scenarios show 2 critical things very quickly; the points of constraint in the process, and the ability to meet end to end process throughput goals.

Contras:

Would be great if the multiple scenario adjustments for future state modeling & results could be tried and recorded in more rapid fire/automated fashion. That would allow for quicker optimizing of future process throughput/cost etc. Another helpful tool enhancement would be to install SIMUL8 on top of current enterprise software platforms (ie. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc) to monitor and record activity timing that would auto-create the current state SIMUL8 model. This is very sophisticated, I realize.

Joshua
President en EE. UU.
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados

SIMUL8–A must have tool

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We use Simul8 to solve complex problems for our clients in healthcare, manufacturing and service industry.

It’s easy to use. Everything about the software is excellent. Each year there are awesome updates to the software, adding new features to put the power of simulation in the hands of users.

Contras:

There is nothing l do not like about the software.

ernest
LEan/Six Sigma Black Belt Process Engineer en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 10,000+ empleados

Excellent Simulation Package

5.0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: We have experience with Process Map, Arena, , iGrafx, ProMap, and have tested others. Simul8 represents, for us, the best value for capability and value for support from the one we know. It is very easy to start with and has great depth and breadth to grow into. The ability to distribute models to users with a free viewer, providing some functionality to the end-user/customer while maintaining data integrity is unmatched by any other package, and allows us to deploy simulation more efficiently and cost-effectively than any other package, with no hidden fees in the future.

ease of use, great power as you grow into it, 3D capability, functional user deployment that does not require resources to maintain.

Contras:

sometimes crippling problem with modern high-resolution monitors that is not being resolved.

hace 2 años

Ernest, thank you for taking the time to write a review. User feedback is crucial for helping us improve. Thank you for the positive comments about our software, ease of use is a key focus for us, so it's always so nice when users tell us we've got it right! We also wanted to let you know we've addressed the issues you highlighted around high res. Since your review we have resolved all issues with high res display. They were resolved in our 2017 edition. Thank you for your feedback which has fed directly into our product road map.

Cosimo
Business Intelligence en Alemania
Logística y cadena de suministro, 10,000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Powerful and user friendly!!!

4.0 el año pasado

The interface of the software is very intuitive and fast to use. All the needed tools for simulation are at a click available. The possibility to interact with VBA and Python makes it a good candidate to develop a digital twin. Simplicity of use also in complex environments and great customer support Team.

Contras:

Some more advanced features needs to be developed more in depth.

Emma
Analyst en RU
Banca, 10,000+ empleados

Fast and Flexible

5.0 el año pasado

It's very easy to get started and build your first simulation model. The range of features and customization options make it a great way to model both simple and complex processes. The interface and different graphical elements lets me show stakeholders the most important information from the model in a concise and attractive way. I also have the option to use the software as a desktop application or in the browser which is extremely flexible. The Support team are also absolutely fantastic and really help answer any questions that I may have - they are such a great asset!

Contras:

There's nothing that springs to mind that could be improved, the software is regularly updated and new features are always being added which is great!

Warren
Principal Engineer en EE. UU.
Software informático, 10,000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best Simulation product in the market!

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have had many years using Simul8 in Industry, consulting, and it University Classroom. This tool fits in too many ways to point them out in a brief review

Ease of use and provides so much professionalism in presentation

Contras:

The robust features of Simul8 cover 100% of my needs.

el año pasado

Hi Warren, We are so pleased that you are getting so much value from Simul8! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We look forward to you continuing your Simul8 journey with us, and if there is anything you may need, the team will be happy to help!

Anteneh
Manufacturing system analyst en Italia
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Simulation building tool to rapidly analyze and optimize manufacturing systems performances

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Manufacturing systems modelling, analysis and optimization.

SIMUL8 model building blocks are simple to use but are packed with a lot of customizable attributes to model machines and other resources that are common in manufacturing systems. The SIMUL8 programming language (Visual Logic) gives additional customization capability and control of the simulation details. Moreover, Visual Logic programming environment offers simple interfaces and procedures to build the code. Sharing simulation online is an excellent feature to review simulation models with collaborating teams.

Contras:

So far the support of the software to build 3D simulation models is limited. It can be a requirement for some users who are interested to visualize a realistic representation of the real systems.

Andy
Chair, Mechanical Engineering en Canadá
Administración educativa, 501-1,000 empleados

SImul8 - a great simulation and educational tool

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: My experience with Simul8 is very positive. I have been using it for several years now. It is easy and intuitive to use and you can be up and running wiht it very quickly.I would recommend it to anyone looking at operations research or trying to imporove their process flow.

The software is easy to use that anyone can get started very quickly. A user can build a model quickly, run it, and see the results. From there users can quickly expand on what they have learned and adapt it to their speific requirements/needs.

Contras:

Some of the advanced features are a more challenging and a little abstract.

Alastair
College Lecturer - Manufacturing Engineering en RU
Administración educativa, 501-1,000 empleados

HND Manufacturing Engineering class

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Extremely satisfying, I believe more organisations should be using Simul8. Students taught loved it, enjoyed the classes and spoke of trying to introduce current and future employers to Simul8

Extremely user friendly. Students spent time using it and barely needed to refer to my guidance and notes. They picked it up in their own way very quickly and competently.

Contras:

Students did not use the graphics options much which could've enhanced the aesthetics of their models. This does not necessarily mean they graphics options need improved but perhaps they were not attracted to use them as they didn't look appealing (they're used to photo type gaming graphics)

Gosse
Process Technologist en Países Bajos
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Synamic - Simul8

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We're using simul8 as an addition to our consultancy activity so the application differs from customer to customer. But so far we used it as;
- a planning tool for an existing factory.
- bottle neck analysis.
- reviewing factory expension concepts.

It's easy to learn the basics and as soon as you get the hang of it, it's very easy to increase the level of difficulty in your models. Web engine makes it very easy to show at customers. The share functionallity gives our customers the ability to work with the model themselves.

Contras:

It would be a great feature if desktop and web-version acces files from the same cloud based folder.

Vicky
Teaching Associate en RU
Aprendizaje en línea, 501-1,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Excellent for teaching my manufacturing management class

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Excellent. The representatives we have dealt with from Simul8 have been fantastic assets. They have been so so helpful supporting both staff and students in our use of the software.

Simul8 has been easy to learn for my students, and the support on offer from their customer service team through supporting delivery of a lecture and the Simul8 academy has been very helpful to them all. We have been able to design an assignment focussed around the software, which students have thoroughly enjoyed and felt it gave them real life practical skills using simulation software.

Contras:

In all honesty, there is nothing I can think of. It is easy to learn, a user friendly interface, provides us with the reports and outcomes we need for our class!

Kanchanit
Business Data Scientist en Tailandia
Productos químicos, 10,000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great software for discrete event simulation

4.0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: I can solve healthcare problems easily while using Simul8 rather than writing Python code by myself.

- Easy to understand of the UI of the software- Several options to set for simulation- Great diagram- Easy to interpret results

Contras:

I used a student version of the software when I was a Master's degree student. Thus, there were limited features to use and I could not link data directly for result analysis or plotting graphs.

Harry
Harry
Student en RU
Hospital y atención sanitaria, Trabajador autónomo

Invaluable Customer Service

5.0 hace 4 años

I would first like to highlight that this is not a review of Simul8 but is feedback of the immense customer support I recently received. I was recently in contact with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], an employee at Simul8, regarding assistance with a project I am currently undertaking in my final year of my mathematics degree at university. Not only was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] extremely considerate of my lack of knowledge within Simul8, but his impressive depth of knowledge and thoroughness of his teachings has helped to provide invaluable information and insight into Simul8's diverse and powerful modelling tools. I cannot articulate how magnificent [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was and highly recommend that any queries or troubles one may encounter with Simul8 that you seek [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] support; he is an erudite in Simul8!

Contras:

I have nothing negative to say regarding Simul8.