Much to be desired

Scott W.
Administrator
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We understand Campainer is not just an email program, but they don't seem very interested in our suggestions along the way. It's disappointing that in all these years, there hasn't been any kind of redesign for ease of use. At what we are being charged monthly; we are likely going to shop around and see if there is something better matched for our needs, and priced more competitively.

Puntos a favor: We use it for simple email blasts to our neighborhood association. We don't use it for marketing campaigns, so therefore do not have the need for some of the functionality available with Campaigner. For our needs it works.

Contras: Ease of use. It is not intuitive, and they haven't done any kind of software or GUI redesign since we started using it (6+ years ago).
Making a template should be a lot easier than it is: Creating and editing templates has a lot of old graphic (frames?) technology that makes for a frustrating experience when trying to line up text blocks with headers, footers and images.
Writing an email with attachments should be easier. Having to upload a file/image to the media library, and then importing it into your email is a lot of steps. Instead, allow a person to add a file/image to an email note in the same simple fashion as any other email client works: add a paper clip button and allow us to select the file to add to the note. That seems like it should have been done a long time ago.
Also, if you accidentally remove a person from an email list, you have to call up Campaigner support to get it fixed; you can't manually fix it yourself. Very annoying.

por j2 Global el 15/10/2018

Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to review the platform.

We appreciate the feedback you provided in regard to the platform and have passed the feedback on to our product team. If you have any additional issues or questions please feel free to let us know.

-The Campaigner Team

Worst customer service and platform ever - plus they unsubscribed all of my customers and didn't let me know

Publicado el 3/5/2018
Faith O.
2-10 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Nothing I can think of at this moment. You can see under "cons" what I really think of their product.

Contras: 1) They have terrible customer service. Most of their CS reps on the phone are rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. Their standard response is to tell you to look up one of their online training videos. They don't want to take the time to help with anything or answer any questions. This has been going on for two years. I just spent 20 minutes - yes 20 minutes - waiting for their online chat guy to answer a simple question: "I sent an email in earlier today - can you let me know if you'll respond by email or I need to check your message center, and about how long is your average response time." Yep, 20 minutes waiting for their customer service representative to answer that one simple question. I gave up and disconnected after prompting him multiple times.
2) Last year they accidentally unsubscribed almost all of my customer database - 10K names - and didn't tell me. Because of the nature of our emails, we didn't notice for about two months - what a disaster. They said "oh that happens," didn't apologize and did not give any type of credit. They did, however, restore the unsubscribes as they found the exact time they did it.
3) The platform is clunky and the searches and segmenting are difficult to use. They do not have an easy way to do a date range search for bounces, or other things.
4) We get conflicting answers when we call customer service.
In other words - it's a really really terrible platform with terrible people. We've been using ESPs for 14 years. We decided to use Campaigner about two years ago for our customer emailing only, based on someone's recommendation. It was a big mistake. Avoid at all costs.

Good value for the money

Dave I.
Web Designer
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: The experience has been more or less good. The times I have needed to contact customer support, they have been amazingly responsive and helpful.

Puntos a favor: I prefer the full editor approach to creating our newsletter emails. It makes it easy to copy information from our website to the newsletter. The sending out of draft message is easy, as is the eventual scheduling of the newsletter.

Contras: The count of our current mailing list is not displayed in a useful manner. I believe it is reporting the entire size of the list, not just the number of active subscribers. It makes our list appear much larger than it really is.

Easy to use!

Gurpreet K.
Estudios de mercado, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Any time I've had questions or issues with Campaigner, Customer Support has been able to help. Whether it was a temporary power outage that prevented invites from being delivered to providing the domain/ip to prevent invites from being sent to junk mail. Campaigner makes good to deliver on their promises. I don't dread having to reach out to Customer Support because I know Campaigner will help me every time.

Puntos a favor: Being able to pull up old invites and using them as a foundation for new projects makes working on Campaigner very easy. The customization options are not limited and allow me to create unique invites and format them based on project specific needs. The reporting tool is extremely helpful and creating internal reports has never been easier with the stats breakdown (i.e. clicked, opened, delivered, etc.). Overall, a great product and much easier to use than other similar platforms.

Contras: I don't always receive test invites. I might get it once in a while but end up always having to send out an actual invite to myself or team member so that I can view what my recipients will see.

I have been using campaigner for about 10 years and my experience is always good, tech support great

Publicado el 16/4/2018
Carina S.
Artículos de lujo y joyería, 2-10 empleados

Comentarios: nothing really

Puntos a favor: great tech support! I probably would have gone to another service but your text support is so good - I love the fact that I can talk to a real person, I don't have to wait on hold forever and they are always kind, even when I am not such a tech savvy person, they are still patient and helpful.

Contras: the interface is a bit PC, in that I mean it's not very intuitive, it's not visually pleasing, which I think if you want to show people how to send out well-designed pleasing emails to their customer it should be more graphically interesting. I completely create my own emails and I do not use any of your templates because they are not designed well.

por j2 Global el 4/5/2018

Hi Carina,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform.

We love all the feedback and have passed it along to our team.

If you have any questions feel free to let us!

Long time user

Publicado el 3/5/2019
Andrew I.
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Petróleo y energía, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Campaigner is a reliable and flexible software that has allowed us to grow our e-marketing campaigns.

Puntos a favor: We have been using Campaigner for about a decade and it has been a reliable and user-friendly software. They have worked to keep the upgrading the functionality over the years.

Contras: The reporting on clicks is very painful and manual. I'd really like to the ability to download a report that shows me who clicked on the campaign and the name of the link they clicked on with all the contact details. At the moment, we spend hours manually doing this.

Hi Andrew,
Thanks so much for the review and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Your feedback on reporting has been reported to our product team.

If you have any additional questions or comments you would like to share please do let us know.

Thanks so much
The Campaigner Team

Useful platform for contacting my clients and prospects

Publicado el 4/5/2018
Myles M.
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: It helps my business keep in touch with my clients and with people who buy my services

Puntos a favor: Easy to use, functional. I was able to set up well with lots of help from customer service. Now I am familiar with it and I use it every 1-2 months. I don't believe in pounding people with emails every week. It's great to have the stats from the emails to see how the subject lines are working. I had some problems in the past with some of my lists but that was sorted out with help from sales and customer service.

Contras: It's quite expensive for my small business. Probably need to prune down my databases. I have no idea how to do that and I am not sure if the contacts duplicate between different lists. I really don't have a lot of complaints about campaigner. I find the service way better than constant contact which was awful.

por j2 Global el 18/6/2018

Hi Myles,
Thanks so much for reviewing our platform.

We are excited to hear of your success with Campaigner.

Our platform does not add duplicate contacts to the add, it only counts it as one even if it appears in multiple lists. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.

-The Campaigner Team

I use campaigner to send multiple campaigns daily. Downtime is rare & customer service is excellent!

Publicado el 12/9/2017
Kim L.
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Easy to use, statistics, copying campaigns, friendliness & knowledge of staff/support, I can insert a jpg file or create or copy & paste HTML

Contras: I would like the ability to see what percentage of each of my lists opens each campaign so I can modify accordingly. Would like the sign up sheet to alphabetize areas so clients can easily pick which list they would like to be a part of.

por j2 Global el 15/9/2017

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the positive review. We are so pleased you are enjoying our service. We work hard to make sure every client receives personal attention and quick responses from our customer support team.

We appreciate the product feedback and have sent it over to the product team.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.

My Preferred System

Publicado el 26/3/2019
Internet, Trabajador autónomo
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I use campaigner to prepare newsletters for a State Representative and send them out to a large constituent base. Campaigner gives me the flexibility to develop a template that is easy to use and easy to read. Compared to the other systems I use, I much prefer campaigner and wish that more of my clients would use this system.

Puntos a favor: I have used several systems during the past several years, and my favorite is Campaigner - it is very intuitive, user friendly and incredibly flexible as templates go.

Contras: Like many systems, the constraints of templates and other considerations sometimes make it desirable or necessary to use the actual code to best format newsletters. I found that to be the case with Campaigner - but, no more so than most other systems - and Campaigner is very accommodating to downloading code, updating offline, and reloading updated code for the final newsletter.

Hi there,
Your review made us smile! We are happy to hear that we are your go-to email platform.

We appreciate your feedback very much and we have passed it along to our product team.

If there is anything else you would like to share please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks!
The Campaigner Team

Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years.

Publicado el 18/7/2017
Tim S.
Client Success Team Manager
Medios online, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.

Puntos a favor: The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Contras: The dashboard, itself, looks a bit dated. I know that's only for backend users eyes, but there could be some updates to intuitive features, like drag and drop email builds.

por j2 Global el 6/9/2017

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and feature to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns.

We appreciate the feedback you provided about our dashboard, we have passed it over to our product team.

If you run into any issues or have questions do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

-The Campaigner Team

I got a bit lost with the overall design but we have used the system for years and years.

Publicado el 2/4/2018
Audrey B.
Account Executive
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Does the job for the price point and flexibility. We have explored using other competitors but have never pulled the trigger based on what Campaigner has to offer.

Contras: The overall designing of the email was a bit over my head at times. Also, adding in first names fields was not designed well in the software. If I recall, you could drag that field into the body, however, the correct way to do this was not with a drag. Or perhaps that was opposite, it's been awhile since I used it. Either way, I did it wrong, even though in the email it had the field in place, it actually showed up as, Hi (insert first name) instead of actually inserting their first name. This went out to a large email before our biggest trade show and had so many people forward this back to us. Embarrassing. Now I have to double test but the system should not have allowed you to add this field without it pulling the data behind it.

por j2 Global el 9/4/2018

Hi Audrey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the feedback. If you have any other comments or questions feel free to to let us know!

-The Campaigner Team

We send out out HQ campaigns and control of 36 chapters campaigns, Solution worked. The team I wor

Publicado el 23/1/2018
Paula H.
Sr. IT Project Manager
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados

Comentarios: Ease of mind

Puntos a favor: Once it was set up, it was very easy to use. Reporting was fast, once you figured out how to use it. Staff were friendly . Users ( 39) had very little problems using project with minimal direction.

Contras: You cannot delete from list, you just make inactive. Our membership jumps controlled list. removing them would be our preference.

por j2 Global el 24/1/2018

Hi Paula,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review online!
We are happy to hear the ease of use with our platform and we hope you continue to see success in the future.

We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the list management and have passed it along to our development team.

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Design with functionality

Dj K.
Director of Business Development and Marketing
Servicios jurídicos, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We are able to automate a portion of our sales process and reach a lot more possible clients in a short amount of time. We are also able to send visually appealing email campaigns to current clients.

Puntos a favor: The reason I chose to use Campaigner over all of the other email marketing software companies is because it allowed me to have the option to fully design the email by writing code, but also gave me the ability to design the email using templates and other built in design tools.

Contras: One thing that I would change is to make sending reoccurring emails to different lists easier. I find that I wind up copying previous emails just so I can assign a new list of recipients.

Really big disappointment - AVOID this ESP

Publicado el 10/8/2018
Creator/ Owner
Prensa, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Really disappointing experience they charged me a lot of money and it was a year contract when features which were vital were not working i asked to pause billing till i could use the platform - i tried to negotiate instead they made general promises and when i asked specifically to pause billing so i can use it they locked me into a recurring billing despite many tech glitches and features not working. Now I am forced to dispute with my credit card company which is first time this year and something i almost never do. I dont recall ever being locked into such an expensive long term contract where so much inflexibility was shown especially when They promise a lot and deliver little. Also the PCMag review says Campaigner is great but Campaigner and PCMag are owned by the same parent company, i wish i had not read that review. Look at the review prior to mine also it seems that their service is deteroarting .

Puntos a favor: If the platform actually worked like it was supposed to and customer support was actually there i could mention 24/7 support and great features but this has not been the case at all Mailchimp and Mailigen both of which i reviewed are far far better bets

Contras: Customer service is supposedly 24/7 but when i would go to chat with them online they were usually unavailable even during normal business hours. My dedicated account manager would not answer emails and when i had tech issues he would ant to schedule conference calls to give vague assurances even when the issues were specifically tech related and from their end. Also when i first signed up it took weeks to solve the issue which turned out to be related to a program many use (think like IOS) and they do not plan a fix anytime soon. So if you use this very popular sofgtwar you cannot use Campaigner on it for foreseeable future

Commercial Real Estate

Sheren Z.
Marketing Coordinator
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: I like the thought that was put into the little details such as, being able to put in a subject to any email link when linking to an image or text. I appreciate that because our Constant Contact account is very complicated when adding a subject to an email link.

Contras: It's a little complicated to use. I've had multiple issues adding and changing minor things to the blast. Sometimes you add a photo and boom its huge and you have to get in there and minimize it; sometimes you have to minimize the width and not the length. It's not as user friendly as Constant contact. The functionality of constant contact is very straightforward and consistent. For example, if you need to add an image somewhere to your blast, just drag the image icon to the area of choice; if you want to add a button, then just drag the button to where you like. We currently use both CC and campaigner and had thought of switching to campaigner which is why we started testing it out but cannot because we are very busy and need to be able to move through setting things up quickly. That's the thing holding us back from switching.

Great Way to Stay in Touch with Customers

Lisa R.
Program Coordinator
Hostelería, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: This was an easy and cost effective way to get promotions and information to our clients. It allows us to get updated information in an easy way.

Puntos a favor: This is an easy way to keep in contact with our customers. It's easy to see who did or didn't open an email so that we aren't bothering the ones that already did! Very easy to use and manage contacts and lists. Like that you can schedule when you want an email to go out so that you can load and manage ahead of time.

Contras: Occasionally I will get a bounced email and when I try to find them in a list, it doesn't come up.

Easy to use

Diana L.
Director of Operations
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Campaigner is easy to use and relatively inexpensive compared to other database marketing tools out there.

Contras: Seems slightly outdated. Constant Contact's dashboard seems more updated and easier to use but it's more expensive.

Very User Friendly

Publicado el 22/3/2018
Eric Z.
Shop Manager
Automoción, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Ease of use and track-ability on subject line options.

Puntos a favor: The ease of use is the best, the templates for all the holidays and situations rock. It is great how it integrates with our business Facebook also. The tracking features are wonderful, you can see the click rate for each link in the email. The duel subject line option works well. Really like the total package and customer service has helped us every time we needed it. The scheduled sends for future sales or events is a great tool to have.

Contras: I wish it had a spam checker like our old software, which would give you a (%) of spamminess and show you which words were causing the rating. Sometimes we run into glitches using Google Chrome along with spelling/grammar apps, but easily solved by using any other browser or shutting off grammar app.

por j2 Global el 27/3/2018

Hi Eric
Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner.
We are so happy to hear of your success with our platform.

Thanks for the platform feedback as well, we have passed it on to our product team.

If you have any other suggestions or questions in the future please feel free to reach out.

review

Publicado el 23/8/2019
Jillian P.
Director of Marketing and Operations
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: i've used campaign through fire engine red as an end user, as well as a re-seller at platformq education. both experiences have been "meh". it does what we need it to do, but we run into small bugs and quirks that are annoying, the admin screen and the reporting aren't great, and the email templates are difficult to customize. i've had mixed experiences with various members on the customer service team. our old customer service rep was great. since then its been downhill.

Puntos a favor: Simple is better, so that makes it easy for non-experienced users to learn.

Contras: The email builder can be buggy sometimes, and I've found dynamic segments to be unreliable.

Use What You Know

Publicado el 18/9/2018
Kristi D.
Interactive Marketing Manager
Arquitectura y planificación, 201-500 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years.

Puntos a favor: This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

Contras: Working with the templates can be really finicky. It can be difficult to get it to do what you want at times. It is also not as user friendly as MailChimp, for instance. Their reporting is there but you have to do click more time to get to it and comparing email sends can be annoying the way it's laid out.

por j2 Global el 15/10/2018

Hi Kristi,
Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner.

We are happy to hear that the platform works well for you and your team. We also appreciate th feedback you provided and have passed it along to our product team.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Quick and Easy to Use!

Amanda T.
Estudios de mercado, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We crossed over from another platform Streamsend, and the integration was very seamless. Was able to pick-up Campaigner pretty quickly with minimal support. Overall, thumbs-up. I enjoy this platform more then the former.

Puntos a favor: There is a great feature which I have not found on other platforms whereby you can upload lists separately and still send them as a part of the same campaign. Re-sending campaigns is also very simple. User-friendly for first time users.

Contras: There should be a legend for mail merge fields that shows if they are valid/ working and what they are mapped to. One of my campaigns did not send one time because I had incorrectly labelled the mail merge field and I could not figure it out.

Great tool to send out Notification via API (integrate in your product)

Publicado el 25/1/2019
Gaurav K.
Chief Technology Officer
Ocio, viajes y turismo, 1001-5000 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: We integrate with Campaigner using their API and it is easy to use and integrate with all tokens and cc list you can pass in the API

Contras: More features should be there like Subscription based notifications etc.

Hi Gaurav,
Thank you for taking the time to review Campaigner. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience so far.

We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the additional features. We have passed it along to our product team.

If you have any additional questions or comments please do let us know.

Thanks

Campaigner Review

Sarah N.
Admin Assistant
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We love how we can easily, mass contact all of our contacts with Campaigner. It is quick, easy, and very user friendly. You can preview and edit your email blast before you send it out, saving us from being inefficient.
One of our staff just started using it, and is very comfortable using it because it is so user friendly and easy to use.

Puntos a favor: I love how easy it is to use. You can easily search to see if the contact email is already in your mailing lists. We are able to have multiple lists to serve our needs. I love how you can use the back button to go back to what you were working on.

Contras: I dislike how sometimes you get an error stating that the attachment is too big, when in fact it is not. Often times, if you restart your email blast with the same attachment it will work, it is just a glitch in the system. But other than that, we are very pleased with the software.

Campaigner is invaluable in regularly reaching out to my customers and prospects.

Publicado el 21/12/2017
George M.
President & CEO
Software informático, 2-10 empleados

Comentarios: See review...

Puntos a favor: The ability to quickly and efficiently frame and then launch a communication to my customers is an essential element that Campaigner brings to the table that is invaluable. This combined with Campaigner' exceptional reporting capabilities provide me with a comprehensive tool that is usable and effective. In addition, the flexible monthly billing cycle allows me to align my marketing costs with the revenue generating activities that Campaigner aids us in driving. Lastly, the Campaigner platform is provided at a superb price point. Every campaign pays for itself in short order. All told, it is by far the best use of my limited marketing dollars.

Contras: I wish the Smart Email Builder's canned templates looked more like what is possible if you happen to be an HTML master.

por j2 Global el 9/1/2018

Hello George,
Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and features to help you build effective email marketing campaigns.

We appreciate your feedback in regard to the Smart Email Builder and have passed it on to the product team.

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us at feedback@campaigner.com

simple, easy yet powerful Email Marketing system

Publicado el 9/8/2019
Kevin W.
Web Technical Support/Developer
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: It is a great email marketing tool. Our organization have been using campaigner for years.

Puntos a favor: - efficient and easy to use Web User Interface
- flexible and customizible fields in addition to the standard fields set
- Restful API integrations with wide ranges of system coverage
- reports of email campaign's results

Contras: - multiple accounts in a organizational level not able to share contacts data set