Opiniones de Direct Mail

4.7/5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.6/5

Sobre Direct Mail

Aplicación de macOS que cuenta con un editor de plantillas de correo electrónico divertido y fácil de usar, herramientas de gestión de listas e informes de analíticas de campañas perspicaces.

Descubre más sobre Direct Mail

Mostrando 48 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Terry L.
Photographer
Fotografía
  • Publicado el 6/11/2017

"The latest version is great, major improvements and great for my business"

Comentarios: It's on my Mac rather than being in the cloud.

Puntos a favor: There are online email companies but I always find them a bit awkward. I first tried Direct Mail years and years ago and it was okay and did a job but this year they have updated it which has made the software fantastic. The email design is really easy and simple with some great free templates built in while still giving you flexibility should you need it to customer deeper. I've changed my current newsletter styles over to the new ones and it's given them a fresh new look and total compatibility no matter what device the emails are read upon. Being able to delve into who has looked and even clicked is a real big plus point for managing my marketing and I can really target further contact by this response. You can, of course, buy email credits from them or use your own email sending system. I personally use both, credit from them for my loyal customers and potential customer (the list is huge) through my own servers (it's cheaper for me this way). Oh, and it also links with y database system - Daylite which helps keeps everything organised an on track.

por e3 Software el 7/11/2017

Thanks a million for the review, Terry! We are really glad that you are liking the new update.

I wanted to let you know that we added some great cloud features to Direct Mail a little while ago. You can now save your projects to the cloud, access them from any Mac, and even sync and collaborate with other users. More info is available at our website.

Thanks again!

• Publicado el 6/11/2017
Carrie H.
Producer
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/4/2020

"Direct Mail made me happier and swear less (and saved me money)"

Comentarios: Direct Mail has meant it takes me about one fifth of the time to compose and send an email campaign (compared to MailChimp). The user interface means I'm more confident about writing emails because I don't end up fixated on all the fidgety formatting and targeting issues I had on MailChimp. I've probably increased the number of EDMs I've sent out by about 80% because of how easy it is to use Direct Mail. I've had a much better engagement rate from my lists, and I swear at the computer a whole lot less.

Puntos a favor: I switch to Direct Mail from MailChimp and have no regrets. I basically love everything and can't choose one. I love the fact I can work on campaigns locally on my computer without being online and not in a browser. The lists and address management is simple yet agile. I've been able to integrate the sign up form on to my website very simply without needing a third party plugin. The emails I send are irregular, - some months I might send thousands, and others none at all - so the pricing structure is ideal for my business model. I'd never be able to sign up to a program that was charging a monthly subscription fee.

Contras: It was a bit difficult to get in touch with customer support while I was figuring out the software, and it would be good if there was a community forum for users to exchange knowledge and tips. I ended up abandoning my original idea and using a workaround because it took too long to be able to contact customer support (I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, so the time zones don't easily match up).

• Publicado el 20/4/2020
Pascal G.
Edición, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/7/2018

"Sending mails from an external database was easier before"

Comentarios: Time

Puntos a favor: It is doing what I want. Connect to an external database, send mail via an externa provider. But things are not working so well. The thing is that data in database are evolving and, in the new version, I have to re-right the request to the database each time in different adress group coming from different database. Spam test is not working. Preferences ares sometime not kept, situation on the screen for exemple.

Contras: Again it does exactly what i want but less easier than previous version . Main point is database connection.

por e3 Software el 17/7/2018

Thanks for your review, Pascal. If you are having any trouble with importing, spam tests, or preferences, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to get things straightened out. Thanks!

• Publicado el 13/7/2018
Yon H.
Juegos de ordenador, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/10/2019

"Longtime Love Interest"

Comentarios: My overall experience has been wonderful. This is a pro-level tool that every small, indie, business should make great use of. It is light on the wallet and there every time you need it.

Puntos a favor: What I like most about this software is that it is there just when I want it. There is no needling "missing you" emails, no fees for when I have a busy time and just can't get to it and no fuss on telling me how to make my emails better. It is an all around pleasure.

Contras: What I like least about this software is that it has such a tight complaint algorithm. I, totally, understand why and the reasoning for this. I am aware the industry is traditionally squirley about spam reporting. Not saying any company has handled it better than this software. However, as a business who tries hard to deliver information with lots of paths for people to opt-out, it always amazes me when people simply forget they opted-in ;)

• Publicado el 24/10/2019
Doug J.
Principal
Consultoría de gestión, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 21/8/2019

"Tracking Readership for a small business"

Comentarios: As I learn all its features I like it more and more

Puntos a favor: Once I had figured it out, with some help from helpful 'Help' people at Directmail, it has been extremely useful to me in doing was email broadcasts to my client and subscriber base, something I could to do with my usual email software, [Mac]Mail. Works very well on my Mac. I sue the subscriber option which allowed me to install the software on my isp's server. cost effective and looks to my readers as coming directly form me.

Contras: The reporting could be improved(?) if we could be sure the receiver has actually 'opened' the email, or merely saw the summary on their device, especially the case for people who receive the email on there mobile device. I haven't figured out how file management works on the system yet.

• Publicado el 21/8/2019
Stephen R.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/8/2019

"Nearly Perfect"

Comentarios: I have maintained various mailing lists and mailings over the years and DirectMail has always been the perfect tool for me. Now that I am retired and I only use the app to organize my monthly dinner parties, it has scaled down nicely and is still the perfect tool.

Puntos a favor: Easy organization makes easy to maintain compliance with all laws and common decency.

Contras: It doesn't bend to my personal case use, but I could hardly expect it to.

• Publicado el 3/8/2019
Gianni C.
  • Publicado el 13/12/2017

"A great all-around DM solution"

Puntos a favor: Great Templates, Ease of use and customization, Very good analytics. Renders very well on all kinds of devices and there's plenty of additional testing functions. The automatic management of unsubscribers is also very handy. For someone with zero previous DM experience but wanting to send out a weekly newsletter this is fantastic value for money.

Contras: Can't think of anything specific even though I would like to group reports (i.e. comparing flights of the same campaign or issues of the same newsletter. Presently I export to Excel but it would be practical to have these inside.

• Publicado el 13/12/2017
Ray M.
Co-Founder / Fine Art Photographer
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/9/2018

"Amazing"

Comentarios: Great product. Great customer service!

Puntos a favor: It does everything I'd ask for in an email blast program -- localized software, easy to import, create groups, build templates, send out mail campaigns, collect online data, link with other software, etc.

Contras: The only one thing that I don't like about it is -- if I schedule a number of emails (over the course of the week) and new subscribers come in -- those new subscribers won't get my already-scheduled emails. Because of this, I can't schedule more than 1-2 days of emails.

• Publicado el 20/9/2018
Paul N.
Sole Trader
Música, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 27/4/2020

"Enthusiasm"

Comentarios: The reports keep tabs on and flag up bounces and soft bounces - such facilities leave me free to draft the content.

Puntos a favor: This is mature mac software that grows over time. I have been using it for years and in the work place I have a handful of softwares that are the business. In addition to doing what is asked of it reports are chelated and exported effortlessly. A potentially drudge job becomes a pleasure with this, the right software.

Contras: I haven't found anything to complain about yet.

• Publicado el 27/4/2020
Gianni C.
Petróleo y energía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 14/12/2018

"Great value for a non-professional user"

Comentarios: I have used DM for Mac for several years and found it truly powerful and complete. Even the novice user will appreciate powerful yet easy to use features such as automatic unsubscribes, bounces or complaints, helping you keep your mailing list clean and well-managed. Hundreds of templates make sure you can find the format that's right for you and then customize with graphics, logo, etc.

Puntos a favor: Ease of use, editor, templates, address manager

Contras: I would like an option to compare performance of weekly newsletter

• Publicado el 14/12/2018
Marty M.
Operations Manager
Servicios medioambientales, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/6/2019

"If you knoow what you're doing - DirectMail is the best"

Comentarios: Having used a range of programs - DirectMail certainly gives you the most hands on experience. The biggest draw back is being app-based; while most competitors are all online - but this is what also provides the biggest advantage in terms of tools and functionality.

Puntos a favor: Control of the whole process - from HTML editing to subscriber management to design and spam testing - it's fun to work with.

Contras: No online tool. Reporting is limited, there aren't enough ways to compare and contrast. Very hard to export reports and data in bulk. Hard to get examples out as PDF / Image filles.

por e3 Software el 27/6/2019

Thanks a ton for your review, Marty! Much appreciated!

I wanted to mention that the latest version of Direct Mail includes expanded options for exporting report data and for exporting your messages as PDF files. You may want to update and take a look. Please reach out to us with any questions or feedback. Thanks!

• Publicado el 26/6/2019
John S.
NA
  • Publicado el 21/5/2018

"Great Software but AWFUL management and support after "

Puntos a favor: One of the easiest and good looking mail sender on the Mac have used it for years. (not anymore though)

Contras: You have to pay them to send using your SMTP, which is fine, but as soon as you offend their very strict rules they disable the whole part of the sending process, meaning the softwares useless. Then thats where you find out the support is AWFUL, as it seems to me theres only 2 people that work there, they refuse to talk on phone, and despite promises when chased up, they don't answer emails. genuinely terrible.

por e3 Software el 28/5/2018

Thanks for your review, John. Sorry that you had a bad experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service (via email and live chat), and are grateful for the many five star customer service reviews we've received here and on other sites.

In order to maintain a high quality of service, we ask all of our customers to agree to an anti-spam policy that forbids the use of illegal or purchased email lists. If that policy is violated, we are happy to explain how to resolve the issue. However, we are not able to help customers who repeatedly harass and threaten our employees.

• Publicado el 21/5/2018
Kirby S.
proprietor
Electrónica de consumo, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/1/2019

"Terrific Basic Service for Digital Marketing"

Comentarios: Very Good!

Puntos a favor: Great product for the price We use Direct Mail to manage our customer base for two separate target audiences. The service is helpful and easy to use, being able to create, reuse and modify previous campaign flyers, driving traffic to our websites, providing useful metrics, keeping our database relevant when clients change email addresses or are no longer interested in receiving annoucements. Overall DM has worked well for our small business. We cannot afford to invest in other CRM services such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, GetResponse or other email marketing services. DirectMail fulfills our current needs.

Contras: Wish the interface were more user friendly
Wish there were more customization tools for the templates

• Publicado el 5/1/2019
Craig P.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Publicado el 23/1/2018

"Excellent application. Fairly easy to use. Good interface design."

Puntos a favor: Best means (by which users are honored in terms of their time for messaging) to communicate with various constituents.

Contras: Often have to retype names of messages as the app updates indiscriminately. Would love to be able to stop sending, then start again without starting at the beginning of the mailing list.

• Publicado el 23/1/2018
Sid L.
Presiden
  • Publicado el 15/3/2018

"I love using this program"

Puntos a favor: I love using this program. But best of all, when my computer damaged a key file, I sent it to Direct Mail. They sent an auto email saying it would be repaired in 24 hours. They sent the file back in two hours and it has worked perfectly ever sense. I highly recommend this program and company.

Contras: I would love this program to some how tie into the Outlook database so I only have 'one' set of contacts.

• Publicado el 15/3/2018
Pittershawn P.
Writer
Redacción y edición, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 7/6/2019

"Alternative to MailChimp"

Comentarios: Wonderful! Amazing app and great experience so far.

Puntos a favor: It is very easy to use and provides the basic bells and whistles needed to track any campaign.

Contras: I know it is not possible, but there needs to be a way to track reasons why a person would file a report. I've experienced people I've known well reporting me, rather than merely unsubscribing. One I called up and she said she did it by accident. Not even sure how that can be an accident, but ok. It would help to understand user behavior with clear reasons to get a better sense of what I might have done wrong with a user, so I can avoid certain pitfalls in the future.

• Publicado el 7/6/2019
Bob R.
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/2/2019

"A Great email marketing application"

Comentarios: Having used Direct Mail for many years I can attest to the effort put into keeping it fresh. The customer support is outstanding.

Puntos a favor: Well thought out and updated on a regular basis, you can tell that the developers of Direct Mail take pride in their product. It is a solid and stable application that I have relied on for years to do my email marketing campaigns for clients.

Contras: As with any application you always say, I wish it did x, but nothing significant enough to warrant inclusion here.

• Publicado el 22/2/2019
Caryn C.
Web Development Coordinator, Student Services
Educación superior
  • Publicado el 15/2/2018

"Best emailer software I've ever used"

Comentarios: Does what we want, when we want, and we know exactly what the client will see, which is essential in complicated multiple-option emails.

Puntos a favor: Easy to customize, easy to make the final look good AND easy to check every email to make sure imported exactly as you wanted.

Contras: No metrics server in Canada. (A legal requirement for our usage if we want to get stats.) Otherwise, we'd be using it every day to contact our students and prospective students.

Lloyd S.
Pres
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/8/2018

"Great Mail Manager at a great price"

Comentarios: Been using it for years and never a problem. Clean, easy interface. Can handle your emails through your own servers or theirs--software is free to use if you use their servers. If you have a small list to manage, that is even free. They are constantly updating to software.

Puntos a favor: Easy to use, works well, they continually update. Software is free if you use their servers, and they have reasonable pricing tiers.

Contras: Nothing really. It works well, just as advertised

• Publicado el 6/8/2018
Clint P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Seguridad informática y de redes, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/5/2018

"Super cheap emailing service. "

Comentarios: Affordable enterprise level email management system.

Puntos a favor: I like that they offer the one time payment for their software in order to use it with your own email servers. It provides a super cheap option for enterprise level emails.

Contras: You get what you pay for. With their one time payment option you don't get much customer service and you'll need to maintain your own servers.

• Publicado el 10/5/2018
Roberto V.
  • Publicado el 1/2/2018

"Using this software since years - great value for money"

Comentarios: Great value for money. Forget MailChimp or others, where you pay a lot when your mail lists grow ...

Puntos a favor: You can buy a one-time fixed "SMTP" licence and use the software without any transactional costs. We send hundreds of thousands of emails without an costs and great convenience. The product never failed to work and is easy to use.

• Publicado el 1/2/2018
Bob R.
  • Publicado el 15/2/2018

"Outstanding e-mail marketing app"

Puntos a favor: Consistently improving and enhancing the application. Great value for the money. Outstanding customer support. Excellent selection of easily, editable templates.

Contras: Occassionally requires reading the user guide to get a handle on some of the functionality. Not so much a con as operator laziness.

Chris D.
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/10/2019

"Why Direct Mail"

Comentarios: Excellent, this is so much easier to use than Mail Chimp

Puntos a favor: The software is very straightforward and easy to use and immediate feedback on campaigns

Contras: The page design element is basic and easy but could possibly be slicker with more intuitive options

• Publicado el 16/10/2019
Jason W.
Servicios financieros, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 5/6/2019

"Beautiful App"

Comentarios: It's helped me design beautiful looking email broadcasts, great design and content + the feedback reports post transmission are really terrific, showing how many clicks, how many opened, what email client the recipients are using, fantastic platform.

Puntos a favor: I bought Direct Mail years ago and it continues to impress me with its functionality, ease of use and clean look & feel. Really easy on the eyes in keeping with MacOS tradition, this app is simple enough for novices and has plenty of features for expert level users. Great alternative to MailChimp and other similar platforms.

Contras: I really can't say anything bad about the app to be perfectly honest...

• Publicado el 5/6/2019
Ed D.
Personal
  • Publicado el 27/12/2017

"Great program for managing and mailing to lists for business, music promotion, etc."

Puntos a favor: Easy to use and easy to manage lists, messages and campaigns. Can get new message campaigns off quickly.

Contras: Takes some getting used to. Using images could be easier. Would really like an iOS version that would work with an iPad Pro.

• Publicado el 27/12/2017