Opiniones de RingCentral Office

4.2 /5
    4.2 /5
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre RingCentral Office

RingCentral Office: el sistema completo de telefonía en la nube. Fácil de implementar y fácil de administrar.

Descubre más sobre RingCentral Office

Mostrando 822 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
Software informático, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/5/2019

"Very Cost Effecient Way to Provide Seamless Phone Service for Local and Remote Employees"

Comentarios: I have had a positive experience with RingCentral. We use it for all remote employees and our local conference rooms. Once the IT team had the process down for adding groups and numbers everything has run smoothly.

Puntos a favor: RingCentral was very easy to setup for our local office as well as remote employees. We mainly went with RingCentral for this functionality. I could order and ship a phone to a remote employee or set up a phone number for remote employee without them needing a phone and all they would have to do is plug in the phone or log in to RingCentral to get going. Call routing and everything else was seamless to the remote employees.

Contras: There is a bit of a learning curve in configuring the different groups. The customer success team is there to help you get started over the phone and generally available to help whenever needed. It was a bit of a pain to get started, but this was in 2015. It was quite a few emails back and forth with an account rep to get the right plan and block of numbers.

• Publicado el 7/5/2019
Cole R.
Operations Specialist
Bienes de consumo, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/5/2020

"Convenient Calling Solution"

Comentarios: Overall, we choose to use RingCentral to making completing and receiving phones calls from external partners easier for our employees. It effectively did exactly what we hoped. Made life easier and solidified an appropriate work life balance. No longer did employees need to give out their personal mobile phone numbers but they were able to use their RingCentral line that went to the very same device. The RingCentral app integrated nicely onto iPhones and made the experience quite hassle free.

Puntos a favor: RingCentral has a handful of pros that make the software great and very ideal for doing business. To begin, RingCentral has a mobile phone app that can easily be downloaded on Apple or Android that completely integrates with the calling system on the device. The software gives you a completely new phone line that we used as work lines but the calls come right through on your existing device. As incoming calls come in, your phone indicates that its a call to the RingCentral line which made deciding when to accept a call very convenient. The software includes all the regular features of a phone, such as voicemail. When voicemail messages were left, I would also receive a notification email to my work email that had the audio message included and could listen right on the computer if I wanted to. Furthermore, the best pro I experienced with RingCentral was the ability to complete International calling and texting, both incoming and outgoing. This was the driving factor in me adopting the software and it worked perfectly. I was able to receive international calls without always needing to arrange a scheduled conference call. This made business very convenient. Discovering that I could text internationally through the RingCentral app was a great bonus!

Contras: What I've liked least about RingCentral are more so areas of improvement rather than full blown cons. Most notably, while the mobile app does integrate well and gets the job done, it can often times lag and be a bit clunky. Overall, the app lacks a sense of intuitiveness that proved challenging. Discovering and completing texting through the app, especially internationally, was very much not straightforward or easy to complete and required digging and research on my end. RingCentral even updated their app, creating a new one entirely, but the old app is also still active and both remain on my phone and it's unclear as to which should be used as it appears that both are fully functioning. Ultimately, I suppose the mobile app is the greatest con that RingCentral faces.

• Publicado el 12/5/2020
Matt B.
President / Civil Engineering Recruiter
Ingeniería civil, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 16/9/2020

"Love it, Love it, Love it"

Comentarios: Again, my experience has been wonderful. Easy to use, easy to set up, solid customer service...I highly recommend their platform!

Puntos a favor: So easy to install and amazingly easy to use. We are an executive search firm and we were able to integrate RingCentral with our Applicant Tracking System so making out bound calls to clients and candidates is as easy as clicking on their phone number in our ATS! Additionally, we check references from time to time, so the ability to record phone calls so we can accurately transcribe our conversations is perfect! And...we can send/receive text messages as well which is AWESOME! I have not used the video yet, but will be testing it out next week - my expectation is that the video will be easy to use as well!

Contras: Hmmm...good question. I am hard pressed to find anything that we do not like about RingCentral thus far.

• Publicado el 16/9/2020
Harrison B.
Customer Success
    3.5 /5
    3.5 /5
  • Publicado el 29/8/2016

"Moderately easy-to-use Phone Software"

Puntos a favor: We make frequent use of the RingCentral desktop softphone applet in office. The applet works pretty well! This applet is probably the sole reason I like RingCentral as much as I do. Its easy to navigate, dial phone numbers, set yourself away, and transferring is a breeze.

Contras: To name a few:
-Round Robin is really the only scalable phone support option. You can sorta make multiple phones ring at the same time, but only in small groups. Essentially, you cannot set up a "ring everyone at the same time" style of phone. I suppose this isn't a big deal for some, but its definitely a downer for us.
-The actual website. Navigating and dealing with phone settings and administration related tasks is not easy. Unless you read the knowledge center or know how to do it already, it takes a LOT of clicking around to familiarize yourself with where things are or what certain features are or even what those features may be called.
-Not every option is available to change or toggle on the desktop softphone applet, meaning unless you know exactly what needs to be set up and how, it can take a while of clicking and navigating menus until you understand where options live and how to use them.

• Publicado el 29/8/2016
Fernando G.
Servicios para el consumidor, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/9/2020

"Best VOIP for small biz"

Comentarios: nothing but a great experience with ring central have advocated to other colleagues and most have changed form other incomparable systems and have never left.

Puntos a favor: I like that the app is real time as well as their desktop app version, very easy to transfer within and outside the phone system. sms messages are instant and pictures come over very quickly. can have multiple lines and can mask your line with the appropriate caller id. good options for multiple office environments, video conferencing is good and allows you to import files to store on cloud and fax out of the app.

Contras: i dont really have anything negative to say about this but if i had to come up with a con it would be the price.

• Publicado el 9/9/2020
John M.
Planning & Investment Analyst
Servicios financieros, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/3/2020

"Great VOIP system for big organizations"

Comentarios: Overall, RingCentral has been a great improvement in the way we communicate with each other and with clients. The extension system is easy to use to communicate with those who are in the organization and the E-Fax feature despite its blips has been a much needed improvement.

Puntos a favor: RingCentral has been a great improvement over our old VOIP system. Among the best features are the conferencing, vacation planners, call forwarding features among many more. Perhaps the best feature that has significantly improved the way we interact with people is the E-Fax feature.

Contras: Although it is one of my favorite features, occasionally I have trouble with the E-Fax feature. Once in a while when someone sends me a fax the entire fax will not come through. Also, clients have had difficulty sending faxes to me in the past. I know for sure it is not on their end because we have a backup physical machine just in case and that has worked on the same days as those who had trouble. We so far have not been able to isolate the problem.

• Publicado el 23/3/2020
Chad C.
Sr. IT Associate
Empleo y contratación, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/9/2019

"Ring Central - New VoIP Solution"

Comentarios: We came from a very archaic platform, that did not give us any ability to report/integrate/etc. With Ring Central, we now have the insight and ease of use. Our users can now use either a softphone or hard-wired desk phone. Click to call has been a game-changer for all of our users.

Puntos a favor: The ease of use with this platform far outperforms the competitors such as Vonage/8x8/etc. With over 500 employees we always look for platforms that are easy to use, concise, and simply. Ring Central check all of those boxes immediately. Another great feature is the integration with Salesforce. We utilize Salesforce heavily and the ease of use RingCentral provides with SF is wonderful. Highly Recommend the product if you are looking for a new VoIP provider.

Contras: We are only 6 months into our rollout and there is not much were are finding at fault. If we could change one thing it would be to allow us to provision licenses at a needed basis. We do still need to reach out to a sales rep to acquire additional licenses.

• Publicado el 24/9/2019
Help Desk Engineer
Seguridad informática y de redes, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 31/7/2019

"All around solution"

Comentarios: The experience thus far has been great, we have not experienced any outages. Another selling point was the integration of Ring Central Rooms which powers all of our conference rooms and is a really great tool.

Puntos a favor: It includes all form of communication: Messaging with Glip, Video conferencing, and standard audio calls.

Contras: A large meeting license (100 or more users on a meeting) is static and cannot dynamically move between accounts.

• Publicado el 31/7/2019
Software informático, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/2/2020

"A Buggy Phone System, and an Unethical Company"

Comentarios: It was good to start, but as of late the service has gotten worst and the product has gotten worse.

Puntos a favor: It works sometimes. 90% of the calls make it to me and I'm able to pick them up and speak to the person on the other end. Sometimes they hear me clearly other times they are not able to understand me.

Contras: A phone system that is buggy, drops on customers and is not built for any serious company with real customers. Beware of Dodgy Contract: This is a company that has an auto-renew yearly contract with month to month payments and when service and support go out the windows and the phone system doesn't work, you are still locked into a contract. Overpriced for what you get.

• Publicado el 28/2/2020
Joshua W.
Consultant
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/6/2019

"Spotty service will not allow termination of contract under any circumstances"

Comentarios: Pretty much scammy. Prices end up being the same as traditional services from the telco but they absolutely rope you in

Puntos a favor: When it works I can make phone calls. Voice mail is decent

Contras: We have used them for a year. We have regular intermittent outages with our phones for brief periods. Not the end of the world I suppose but certainly far worse service than you get from traditional services. They recently ran fiber to our business so obviously we are changing over. Phone lines are included in our fiber plan so we no longer need ringcentral. They will not allow us to terminate our plan early or even reduce our services or stop renting the equipment. They are going to bill us for services we no longer use or need. Very unprofessional.

• Publicado el 26/6/2019
Jenny N.
Director of Operations
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/9/2019

"Highly responsive customer service"

Comentarios: RingCentral helped us to solve the use of old technology like physical faxes. It offered an affordable options for tele-conferences and it provides multiple options for customer service, when needed.

Puntos a favor: It is easy to use and administer. We use this sytem for agents that provide Service Management and other users in the company. We have a combination of soft and deskphones that meets all needs. The RingCentral App and the fax features are the favorites amongst users. It is HIPAA compliant and the customer service is stellar. We haven't experienced an outage.

Contras: Deskphones tend to have echo. For some reason, at the beggining we had a lot of issues with the audio (like dead air or choppy calls) but they were addressed promptly. Reporting capabilities are not as robust as other softwares out there.

• Publicado el 27/9/2019
Dawn J.
General Manager/Accounts Receivable
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/3/2019

"Ring Central (the future phone)"

Comentarios: Benefits from Ring Central for me are the recorded lines. I deal with a lot of chargebacks and unhappy customers at times. To deal with them I need to have facts of what they are telling me and none other than a recorded line will get me those facts of the conversations had earlier with other employees, to determine the outcome of the issue presented to me.

Puntos a favor: My favorite pro on Ring Central are all the lines are recorded and there is easy access to pull up those calls. You simply log into your account on ringcentral.com and all calls can be searched by day, time or phone number. You can save the recordings to your computer and send them where applicable. Another pro is the phone has bluetooth capability. I have hooked up my head set to Ring Centrals phone lines several times. You also can easily transfer calls, add a conference call (3-way calling) and put the phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) if busy. My current Ring Central phone has 4 incoming lines available to ring, although I usually only need 2 lines. My first and last name is also on my phone. You can also set up for your phone to have different ring tones for different people and keep a phone book available on the phone for easy access of calling the people you call the most.

Contras: I have found two cons for Ring Central: Since the phone runs off of internet, if the wifi signal goes down, so does the phone. Unfortunately you will need to wait until the wifi connects again for the phone line to become active again. I do believe there is way to hard wire the phone line as well where it is not connected to wifi. The second would be the recorded calls only go back as far as 3 months. Sometimes in business we need to go back a little further than 3 months.

• Publicado el 26/3/2019
Monica G.
Construcción, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/1/2019

"My experience with Ring Central"

Puntos a favor: We own a installation business that installs different products for 5-7 Big Box Home Improvement Centers. We bought a new home in a different area code and poor landline phone service. Changing your phone number with a Big Box company is difficult and produces a lag time in several areas including fax and invoice payments from the Big Box. Before the move I heard about Ring Central from a competitor Installer. Most of our work came in over a fax machine at that time and when we vacationed or spent days away from the office it was hard to continue business. With Ring central all faxes come over your phone, much like a email and you can forward them to the different subcontractors right from your cell phone, taking your office with you wherever you go. Additionally, we did not have to change our office land line number when we moved but with the cloud system offered thru Ring central we were able to have all land line calls come thru our cell phone in addition to calls generated by people dialing our cell phone number. All this at very reasonable prices. I do not have to pay for land line service or fax service, but am able to fax from my cell phone or computer. Ring Central has been a life saver and very convenient for my home business.

Contras: When talking to customers or coworker thru land line cloud phone numbers---If a call comes in over cell phone, the cell phone call takes leadership and often interupts cloud system calls in progress and disconnects calls over land line number. Inconvenient.

• Publicado el 23/1/2019
Stephen O.
IT Software Specialist
Logística y cadena de suministro, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/12/2018

"Ring Central for Medium Businesses"

Comentarios: We use RingCentral daily as our main phone system and we have a customer call center that uses the phone system very heavily. In general we have not had any major downtime with RingCentral but we do have the strange glitches that cause some users headaches trying to get the softphone to work correctly for them. The phone system works most of the time but because we use Plantronics headsets there can be some tricky configuration that users have difficulties with from time to time.

Puntos a favor: RingCentral Softphone app is similar to a cell phone which makes it easy for people to relate to the functions of the softphone app. We use Glip, the messaging system that is part of the RingCentral phone app every day and we particularly like the gif feature that allows you to search for gifs and post them to chat. I also like that you can have the RingCentral phone app on both your desktop or laptop computer and your cell phone and you can transfer calls between the two devices pretty easily. The contacts tab on the softphone app is also a great feature that allows us to search for anyone in the company's number easily and quickly and is a great improvement over our last voip system.

Contras: There are a lot of strange glitches with RingCentral that happen, like when a user cannot make or receive phone calls and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the user's computer (only seen on Windows 7 computers).We have also had strange issue where a user is not logged into a queue and is set to busy or do not disturb as their status and they get missed calls even though their phone never rang. The support and web results for any issue you search for are not helpful and definitely seem to be filtered to make it seem that there are no issues with the RingCentral softphone app. I also do not like how the phone app will take over my keyboard when I get a call and stop me from completing whatever I was typing when the call came in.

• Publicado el 12/12/2018
Justin B.
Senior IT Support Technician
  • Publicado el 21/4/2018

"One of the most complete easy to use fully cloud solutions out there"

Comentarios: If you are starting out, you might want to try a cheaper provider first, or bundle with Office 365 if you already have that. I know this is a solid solution. I've never had the chance to use anything else for VoIP, but I know this will get certainly get the job done well. I would have no reservations going into this at all if you need to make a quick decision. This company will be able to handle your system and do everything you need within reason.

Puntos a favor: No need to have anything but a desk phone, computer, or mobile device, and the internet to make it work. It is very feature-rich. They work with many phones, even others like Microsoft say are not compatible. If you have a bunch of old equipment that won't work with another cloud provider, RC will be one of your best bets to work with your hardware. If even they don't work with your devices, you probably need to get rid of your archaic technology. Provision is very quick and easy. Their chat support has less than a 10-minute wait, usually no wait. Their support is very capable. They handle all firmware upgrades automatically, at least with our VVX phones.

Contras: Cost much more than a locally-hosted system but I think if money is not an issue, it's much better to let your company do what it does best, and let RC do what it does best. Don't try to be a VoIP provider company just for yourselves. Let the pros do it (unless if you're a VERY large company maybe).
Don't pay crazy more for phones from them, just buy them on Amazon and provision them yourself in about three minutes. For rare, advanced problems, sometimes their support drops the ball and you need to contact your account manager. Sometimes he'll be out of the office for several days though. Anytime we've had more than two phones down, they have been able to solve our problems by the next morning, even for CRAZY issues. Most of the time support is very great and I recommend it.

• Publicado el 21/4/2018
Michael D.
Marketing Team Leader
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/2/2018

"Expensive, but worth it if you abuse the system."

Comentarios: We are able to easily communicate (and keep track of our communications) in voice and text from opposite sides of the world without anyone calling in having any indication that we're not all in the same time zone.

Puntos a favor: RingCentral allows a far-flung Internet-based company to act like a local company in terms of having a local number to call (and call from), while allowing you to quickly and flawlessly transfer callers between extensions even if those extensions are on opposite sides of the planet. It also records all of your texts and calls, allowing you to download and save them for future needs, which is vital in any litigation-sensitive business like property management. On the level of an individual worker, the ability to mix and match a SoftPhone (on your PC), the RingCentral app (on your mobile device), plus seamlessly forward calls from your landline *and* make a VoiP call that then forwards *your end* of that call to your landline and allows you to have the conversation over the phone like normal.

Contras: Really, the only problem with RingCentral is the price. The price per person per month is steep enough that a smaller company has to really be careful with who they give extensions to, and the limitation to two SoftPhone installs per extension means you can't really use an extension for a whole department or team. Right now, for example, my Marketing team has 3 full-time and 1 part-time worker, but the company can only afford one extension for all of the marketing, so I can't even install a SoftPhone on my desktop and my laptop, because the other one of our SoftPhones is installed on a computer in the Philippines so that we have multiple people who can answer the phone in case one is busy. Oh, and I have had occasional problems where texting a RingCentral number from a service like Google Voice will flat-out not work, and we can't figure out why. But that's a really minor complaint, all things considered. :)

• Publicado el 9/2/2018
Kim P.
Social Media and Content Development Manager
  • Publicado el 6/10/2017

"Rock Solid VoIP with great features, but on the expensive side"

Comentarios: It's really quite something to have a portable phone system that you can use on any device that can access the internet.

Puntos a favor: Never had any downtime with RingCentral, which is a big deal to compensate for the fact that we all work remotely. It's important to feel that we can JUST call. We had the occasional weird softrware incompatibility issues withe some USB headsets with the Softphones, but besides that, it felt like it just worked. We have always been able to set up any menu tree, any re-routing option, any special hours of operation we wanted to, in order to suit our occasional business quirks. They have also been quite flexible with our contract, with the occasional downgrade, even when they did not have to. RingCentral also helps us comply with HIPAA standard, which allows us to have health-realted video calls with our clients on a secure platform. The video calls are really quite good, with little to no lag. RingCentral Meetings seems to be another one of their services that seems to just work. The admin portal seems to get better and better, and easier and easier to use. Even though it has a very extensive list of features and options, we seem to be able to manage each individual line ourselves almost all the time and do everything we need to without calling tech support for help.

Contras: The only cons I can think of are the price (although not as high as 8x8) and the occasional (quite rare, really) long wait time to call support. It can feel a bit overwhelming at first because of all the options and features, but once the initial setup is done, it should be fine.

• Publicado el 6/10/2017
Christopher D.
Partner
Práctica de la abogacía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/9/2019

"Best VoIP system out there"

Comentarios: Overall we are quite happy with their service. We have rarely had any issues with our phones other than the occasional tech support issue. Their staff is very reliable and has 24-7 support and sticks with you until the problem is solved.

Puntos a favor: Ringcentral seamlessly integrates across their desk phone, mobile, and computer platforms. Our attorneys are constantly on the go and this helps them stay connected from wherever they are. Using the mobile platforms they are able to connect to their phone to make and receive calls just like they are at their desk. The web browser (chrome) plugins offers features like click to dial and click to text. This means we hardly ever have to manually dial a number to make a phone call.

Contras: With high quality VoIP service comes high bandwidth needs. We have to upgrade our network and internet service to be able to accommodate the increase load from the VoIP phones. The switch was worth it in the end.

• Publicado el 26/9/2019
Robb G.
Technology Advisor
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/7/2018

"Beyond VOIP service a whole business suite"

Comentarios: I am able to have access to phone call's pretty much anywhere I go and if I am not near one of the numbers I have set up, I will be notified of message's and be able to check them from all my devices. With the glimp chat interface you can keep in text message contact with team members from your computer or cell phone and if someone does not have Ring Central it's not a problem for they can just download glimp and your in business.

Puntos a favor: There are so many things that are pros for this software. One of the best things is being able to take a call from multi devices. You can have a softphone (On your computer), physical phone and an app for your cell phone. The configurations are limitless on how you want an inbound call to be routed. The other great feature is being able to fax from your cell phone or your computer via the soft phone. When it comes to notifications, you can get them via SMS, email or both. If you have a team then your really in business for they have GLIMP which is a message service you can use on either your computer or smartphone. The best part is if someone does not have a RingCentral service, not a problem, they can just download the app and your messaging. Lastly the service staff are very helpful and will walk you thru any issue your having and will also teach you if you want to learn.

Contras: If you're going to use the shared line group and have a firewall make sure you get all the ACL IP's for they have a lot and they change often and RingCentral is not good at keeping you updated.

• Publicado el 30/7/2018
Gabriel A.
President/CEO
  • Publicado el 5/4/2018

"Overall great solution for business phone service"

Comentarios: Overall good product but there is a learning curve on the setup (Complex interface) and their phone support isn't great

Puntos a favor: Very powerful solution that can be fully managed through their online interface. I like the support of all of the Polycom phones, support for presence, call queue setups, schedules, etc. It's a very comprehensive system that does a LOT.

Contras: Two issues we have..... 1) We used to use phone.com and we found we had better control of the call flow using their system. We've run into some call flow planning issues due to limitations of Ring Central. 2) WOW their customer support is bad bad bad! At least I just had a terrible experience. We hired a new employee and I needed to setup his phone. We had an existing line setup that we weren't using. I just needed to update the line to use his new phone. It wouldn't let me add his phone to the existing line and wanted me to make a new line. I did that and then I had two lines on the extension. I tried to delete one of the extensions and it said I cannot. I call support and the lady on the phone said she "Ok I can fix this for you but don't ever let this happen again". She was dead serious. I got upset at her about that comment. Long story short, she kept me on hold for 35 minutes then said she couldn't do it and they would call me when it's done. I called back in the next day, talked to someone else and within 10 minutes everything was fixed. What the hell!

• Publicado el 5/4/2018
Lawyer & Notary
Práctica de la abogacía
  • Publicado el 15/2/2018

"RingCentral VOIP services offer great value but not a flawless experience."

Puntos a favor: Having shopped business telephony solutions for my own professional practice, I settled on RingCentral as offering the best value for my dollar. I didn't need the VOIP services specifically, but since getting a suite of services from RingCentral I have used them routinely. Focusing specifically on the VOIP service offered by RingCentral I will say that RingCentral offers all the hard- or soft-line system customization options you could want, and makes it easy to use their VOIP services in whatever way you may require, either in the office or mobile. Meanwhile, RingCentral offers ready and helpful support for its customers.

Contras: Like any VOIP solution, RingCentral's VOIP quality is going to depend largely on the quality of your internet connection, which may be dodgy if you're operating remotely. This isn't a knock against RingCentral specifically, but a general warning. You'll also find if you're responsible for administering a RingCentral account, including setting up VOIP services, that while the system is extraordinarily powerful in terms of being able to customize it to your specific needs, the interface to do so is, frankly, pretty horrible and obtuse. Fortunately, for most purposes you may be largely able to "set it and forget it". However, if for some reason there are settings you may need to rotate on a regular basis, going through the system portal can be a big hassle.

• Publicado el 15/2/2018
Stephen C.
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/1/2019

"PBX in the Cloud - Big Look for Small Firms"

Comentarios: Our customers continually remark that our presence and appearance is that of a much larger company - they are amazed that a small company can have such features as the automated attendant, directory listing, audio conferencing, faxing, etc that we have. The system is ideal for companies with employees on the road. Everything is accessible from a smart phone, soft phone or physical device. We have had no software bugs/issues since subscribing a year ago. We took advantage of the annual billing option both because we are committed to the product and to obtain the discount.

Puntos a favor: The subscriptions are very easy to manage - adding or deleting subscriptions is all done easily online.
The setup is quite straight forward but there are a number of advanced options for which users should look at the help files (which are quite helpful). Voice mail, and fax options for each users, as well as opening hours, also easy to set up.
What is nice is the ability to have calls routed to devices in parallel or sequence. The call-flip feature to transfer a call from one device to another, without stopping the call, works well. Our firm uses call groups to route calls for specific topics to specific agents. The ability to ring one or multiple agents simultaneously (first to pick up takes the call) is really useful.

Contras: The audio conference and the video conferencing are separate applications. It would be ideal if the audio conferencing users could use a web browser to connect the same as the video conference app. I can see the pros and cons of two applications but it can be a bit confusing to subscribers and their customers.

• Publicado el 9/1/2019
Lance S.
Managing Member
Administración educativa, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/12/2019

"Equivalent alternatives exist at a significantly lower cost"

Comentarios: Telephone auto attendants have become somewhat commoditized in their pricing. It's beyond understanding then that Ringcentral would undertake a pricing revision that tripled the monthly cost of their SaS to our company. Perhaps they're contemplating a merger/offering and attempting to boost their value short-term. I can't imagine that in the middle to long term many Ringcentral customers will accept the new pricing strategy when so many lower-priced equivalent alternatives exist.

Puntos a favor: Reliable-- over three years of use the web based system did not have any notable downtime. Ease of use-- easy to implement our telephone map on the Ringcentral system.

Contras: Customer service. Our company had three separate Ringcentral accounts. Sadly, after several years of using Ringcentral they changed their "pricing strategy" which doubled, and then tripled our monthly service charge-- although we did not change our business or the way we used the software.

• Publicado el 11/12/2019
Joel B.
Technology Consultant
51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/6/2018

"RingCentral Rings Our Bell! For a Price."

Puntos a favor: The softphone app performs well and is easy to use. The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop. This means that I can leave my desk and take my laptop with me and still be able to answer my phone. The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software. This saves so much time and makes life so much easier.

Contras: Missed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours. Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10 (besides the standard Windows OS application). Having a native UWP would be a great option for RingCentral Soft phone installs are limited to two devices, so I can't install the soft phone on my work PC, work laptop, and home PC. Limiting the amount of soft phones that can connect to the service could be bumped up to 3 or 4. The soft phone application is easy to use, but I think a revamp of the styling would make it even easier. I often click on different tabs because the icons are not always clear. One icon could mean two different things to two different people.

• Publicado el 23/6/2018
Melissa J.
HR Director
51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 14/11/2017

"RingCentral Phone System"

Puntos a favor: - Good call quality. Since it's VoIP, I was worried about call quality and dropped calls - but we've had RingCentral almost 2 years and I've never had an issue. It's all dependent on your internet connection, so if your internet is not great, then RingCentral probably isn't the best option for you.
- Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to manage accounts and set up new users.
- Great if you don't have a receptionist, or if most of your employees work remotely. You can have physical phones, as well as and app so that employees can use their cell phones.
- Much cheaper than most standard phone carriers.
- Fax option is great, you don't have to have a real fax machine - just a scanner.

Contras: - Implementation wasn't hard, but their administrative account is not the most user friendly. There are a ton of settings options, and if you don't use the phone system exactly how RingCentral assumes you will, it can take a while to configure your way and get around certain defaults.
- Customer service is about what you'd expect - only a call center with agents that are hard to understand. Luckily we only needed customer service during implementation, we haven't had any issues since.
- Employees will need to be trained, you can't just hand them the phone and account and tell them to run with it. One older employee had an extremely hard time with faxing - couldn't get over the fact that there wasn't a real fax machine.

• Publicado el 14/11/2017