Opiniones de MemberPress

4.5 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.8 /5

Sobre MemberPress

MemberPress es un complemento de membresía de WordPress fácil de usar. Este software de membresía te ayuda a comenzar a cobrar instantáneamente por el acceso.

Descubre más sobre MemberPress

Mostrando 212 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Veronica P.
Administración educativa, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/1/2021

"The course add-on is simply the best"

Puntos a favor: After struggling for months (and at each and every WP update) with a different LMS plugin, I finally transferred all my courses on MemberPress. I cannot tell you how much everything changed in better, I have now no more issues and finally I can manage all my courses and memberships from one and plugin! I love this add-on.

Contras: I don't have any complaint, especially after the Elementor integration now MemberPress seem to have all the elements and qualities I wished for.

• Publicado el 8/1/2021
Trisha C.
Servicios e instalaciones recreativas, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/1/2021

"Finally, a robust membership platform that integrates into our website"

Comentarios: With MemberPress we have been able to consolidate everything into our client facing website. There has been a slight learning curve coming from a competitor's software, but that is to be expected.

Puntos a favor: I love that this integrates right into our Wordpress site. I also love the ability to create corporate accounts and monthly recurring memberships, and that there are so many available add-ons and third party integrations that we can use.

Contras: We switched from another membership software, so it was a little tricky importing information in a similar way to what we had set up. I also wish that the software had the ability to split tender. Membership reporting is pretty surface level, it would be nice to be able to run more detailed reports on specific memberships - or members that that are about to expire.

• Publicado el 18/1/2021
Katie A.
Executive Director
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 2/10/2020

"Unless you have weeks to dedicate to setup or you're a coder - don't bother"

Comentarios: I've spent DAYS asking support questions. They give the minimum answer with no real interest in helping to find a solution. If we weren't already in so deep, we'd move to a simpler, more user-friendly, platform.

Puntos a favor: Ability to work with existing content in Wordpress

Contras: Horrible implementation and setup - especially for anyone with an existing membership.

Respuesta de proveedores

por Caseproof el 19/10/2020

Hello Katie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and Capterra community. Though it's always disappointing to learn that a customer has had a negative experience, we consider these times an opportunity to focus on how we can improve. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns, please contact us at outreach@caseproof.com. Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope that we can work together to find a solution to your problem.
Sincerely,
MemberPress Customer Support

• Publicado el 2/10/2020
Andy M.
Música, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/2/2021

"Collects Payment While You Sleep"

Comentarios: Memberpress allows me to drip feed newsletters, course tips and customer retention quite easily. Take all of those aspects seriously because they really impact your business over the long term. Memberpress has everything built in and they have spent time thinking about this from a sellers point of view.

Puntos a favor: Memberpress changed my life in a good way because it did everything automatically which was the dream scenario I always dreamt of having. Once you have a product or service then the only missing link is Memberpress to bring in the money - and it does that without my manual interaction.

Contras: Was not easy to customise the interface but after receiving support with a few hours I was guided on how to modify aspects of the plugin. I am not a coder so getting a non-techy response was very welcome. There could perhaps be some templates to select from in future versions to make this easier.

Externalización/deslocalización, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/2/2021

"Outstanding Features! Superb Support!"

Comentarios: It solves the need of our organization with course and membership management. No plugin in WordPress yet can do such as of writing this review.

Puntos a favor: The 2-in-1 feature of Course and Membership plugin for WordPress is very convenient for setting up our course site. The support is also outstanding and helps to solve the errors quickly.

Contras: The limitations in course completion. However integration with other features like gamepress is great

Jim briant B.
Boss
Aprendizaje en línea, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 22/10/2020

"The ONLY one"

Comentarios: The best solution for subscription type e-learning or for restricting your content. Sadly it is a little bit hard to customize if you’re new to this and the design with regards to payment methods or log in are flat “boring”. The courses “new feature”, needs a lot of things to improve, I don’t even know how to use it and I can’t use elementor with it and has no quizzes available yet. There is also not enough guide on how to use it, the guy from youtube is confusing. Overall with regards to content protection I love it. I forgot to mention, some customers who request for password reset don’t receive any reply - again maybe I don’t know how to set it up.

Puntos a favor: I really love the access restrictions, wherein you can select any content that you want to block.

Contras: The new feature “Courses” needs at lot of improvement and also need more guide on how to use it.

• Publicado el 22/10/2020
Terry C.
Data Analyst
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/2/2021

"Great time saver and essential business tool"

Comentarios: I looked at doing my membership site on my own. This is a no-brainer, time saver that gets me working on my business and my content now.

Puntos a favor: MemberPress has the all the tools to create a place to gather your users and provide a community very quickly. The ability to get lessons up, deliver content, and provide value is amazing.

Contras: Some of the integrations take some time to figure out. There has been some learning on my part that slowed things down.

Scott G.
Owner/Fitness Professional
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo

"My LMS Choice"

Comentarios: MemberPress fits nicely with my vision for online course creation. I am new to the LMS world and did my due diligence before going with MemberPress. This involved price and functionality comparisons. It is easy to use and the documentation is great. It also integrates well with Elementor which is a plus.

Puntos a favor: I needed a learning management system for some online courses that I need to create and MemberPress was my choice. The introductory price was the biggest draw for me. Also, I appreciate that it integrates with Elementor. Setting up the courses is straight forward with great documentation. I'm still in the process of creating my courses, but so far I'm happy with my purchase of MemberPress.

Contras: I am still in the process of creating my courses with MemberPress, but so far, I haven't encountered any challenges or functionality limitations that impact my desired results.

Joseph A.
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 11/2/2021

"Robust membership plugin"

Comentarios: Very smooth experience

Puntos a favor: It's effortless to use. I just follow the videos and instructions on setting up certain features. It has most of the things we want for a membership plugin. If I stumble into a problem, their support department is very much willing to help, and they answer at once. The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Contras: The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There's a bit of complication when using a caching plugin and CDN service with this. You have to remember to follow the instructions if you do have those plugins to help improve the website's performance as it can provide some frustrations. Clearing the cache is always the key to resolving issues.

• Publicado el 11/2/2021
Marie P.
Redacción y edición, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/12/2020

"After Much Research, It Was a Great Choice"

Comentarios: I love having my membership site ready to go without weeks of work to get there.

Puntos a favor: I liked how easy it was to put my private pages behind a paywall. It was quite user friendly.

Contras: I did have some difficulty adding Stripe and Paypal and lacked confidence that it all worked, but in the end it did! Also, it did not integrate with my email provider, SendinBlue.

Donna M.
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/12/2020

"Memberpress is the best!"

Comentarios: Awesome

Puntos a favor: I like the ease of use - can set up a new product, membership, rule in just minutes.

Contras: Would like to track coupons on same export as transactions.

• Publicado el 8/12/2020
Laurie W.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/12/2020

"The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!"

Comentarios: I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

Puntos a favor: I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

Contras: I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

Miles W.
Owner Operator Magicmiles Software
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 6/10/2020

"Best Software In Its Class!"

Comentarios: I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

Puntos a favor: The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

Contras: This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

• Publicado el 6/10/2020
Daniel F.
  • Publicado el 5/12/2017

"The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins"

Comentarios: Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management. Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

Puntos a favor: It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings. Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins. Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily. Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Contras: Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress. The forms and payment workflow could be nicer. The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes. More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

Respuesta de proveedores

por Caseproof el 12/8/2020

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

• Publicado el 5/12/2017
Aaron R.
Ocio, viajes y turismo, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 1/5/2020

"All of the power and options, with much less hassle"

Comentarios: MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

Puntos a favor: I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Contras: Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

• Publicado el 1/5/2020
Maggie D.
Website Manager
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/5/2020

"Robust Membership plugin for Wordpress"

Comentarios: Overall, MemberPress is a really versatile and useful plugin for building a membership site and has lots of great features. We've found it to be a good fit for our business and are happy with it. Customer service is always fast and friendly if we have any questions or problems.

Puntos a favor: It's really easy to set up rules for which members can access what content. Our particular site offers downloadable resources, so Members are able to access all pages, but certain resources are only able to be viewed and downloaded by Members of specific membership levels. Once we set it up the first time, it has worked wonderfully and makes uploading new resources for various membership levels very easy.
The plugin is also fairly easy to adjust to suit our needs with very little coding knowledge needed. Most features are already included and it's just a matter of selecting them.

Contras: We offer a different annual price every year for new members, but old members continue to pay the price they first signed up with. At the moment, the 'Membership path' (going from free to paid, or paid down to free, for example) only allows a certain membership to be used once in paths. It would be much simpler for administrators if they could use a membership level in more than one path. As it stands for us, members who have signed up in previous years do not automatically go down to the free version if they stop their paid version. They simply cease to have access and we have to manually give them free access.

• Publicado el 4/5/2020