15 años ayudando a las empresas mexicanas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre Toast POS

Toast es un sistema de gestión de restaurantes y POS todo en uno creado para mejorar la eficiencia y reducir drásticamente los costes.

Descubre más sobre Toast POS

It is a very easy to use app. Allows to manage your orders, track them and most important to deal with online orders.

Contras:

Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system.

Valoraciones de Toast POS

Relación calidad-precio
3.9

Probabilidad de recomendación

7.5/10

Toast POS tiene una valoración global de 4.2 estrellas sobre 5 según las 515 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Toast POS antes?

Filtrar opiniones (515)

Jayelynn
Jayelynn

Incredibly Efficient!

5.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Overall, I'm thrilled we switched to Toast. It's simple to use, has made us more efficient, and wasn't as expensive as similar systems.

Compared to POS systems I've used in the past, Toast is a lifesaver! It has tremendously improved efficiency and flow of our Taproom. We now have the ability to swipe a card and store credit card information; which is a huge benefit for those of us in co-op spaces. Although they look bulky, their handhelds fit into your back pocket and allow us to close tabs out table side. They are shock and water resistant, plus you can log into more than one device at the same time so if you're working alone, you can close out multiple parties at once. As a GM, I'm grateful that Toast is not only cloud-based, but allows me to access the back end from my laptop or smart phone so I don't have to be onsite to make system changes. Updates are incredibly quick so there's not a ton of down time. There is also Toast Central, where you can troubleshoot issues yourself rather rather than immediately calling Support. They are helpful instructions with screenshots and videos.

Contras:

Customer Support is hit or miss. I always get an answer, it's just a matter of when I get it. After hours and on weekends, I feel like their staffing is very limited which leads to delays in getting immediate help. Thankfully it's only happened once where I needed a quick answer and wasn't able to get it.

hace 5 años

Hi Jayelynn, Jasmine from Toast here. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear how multiple features of Toast have improved your operations, and that you are taking full advantage of Toast Central as a resource!

Adam
Adam
Fuente de la reseña

The system is great! The customer support is not.

4.0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: The product is solid. If you are looking for a highly customizable system, Toast is perfect for you. I would recommend that if you make the change to Toast, have a personal resource that is good with technology so you can avoid customer service calls. Some of their add-ons are not worth the trouble, but the core POS system is top-notch!

As far as POS systems go, Toast is very user-friendly and highly customizable to your restaurant, bar, or venue. It is easy to set up and when changes need to be made, they are easy to do.

Contras:

If you need customer support to resolve an issue, help with a feature you may be unfamiliar with or network support, Toast is very weak in this area. The customer service reps have minimal knowledge and are running off a script with no actual knowledge of the product. In the event they need to "escalate" your issue, the call is over at that point. The ability to speak with someone with the knowledge to help you with your issue promptly is practically non-existent. DO NOT use Toast Payroll services. They greatly messed up on tax reporting and nearly caused a significant increase in our IRS fees due to their incompetence.

hace 6 meses

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback using Toast. We understand customer support is important and will continue to make strides to improve your experience as a customer. -

Allie
Manager and Owner en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

We have yet to find anything that compares to Toast!

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

We love Toast and its modern/easy to use setup. It is very easy for both our employees and customers to utilize. We love the online ordering features, the terminal setup and the customer service.

Contras:

We are always left disappointed with the processing fees for credit cards. We wish we could price compare. This makes the system more expensive than it initially seems.

hace 4 semanas

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Jack
Jack
Bar manager en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 51-200 empleados

I like toast

3.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

User interface is easy. I can find what I am looking for quickly.

Contras:

Can be confused with other options and new updates are hard to confirm

la semana pasada

Hi Jack, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to know that you're finding the interface easy to use! if you haven't already, join the Toast community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurants!

Don Reno
Don Reno
Marketing Director en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 2-10 empleados

Horrendous customer service.

4.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: The product was good enough until we experienced an issue that needed support and this is where they dropped the ball entirely. I would not recommend this product for anybody that needs reliable support.

The app works well and it's fairly easy to use, although they forced an update recently that made the system worse.

Contras:

We use toast at our Food Truck in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We tried integrating doordash into toast and when we visited the shop on Toast it was locked and we were unable to add the integration. After reaching out to our onboarding contact [sensitive content hidden] who was unable to resolve the issue and directed us to Customer Care. After contacting customer care they gave us the runaround yet again ultimately telling us it was not a billing hold but a hold placed by the onboarding team. This hold has persisted now for 5 days with 0 resolution or support from Toast, they have dropped the ball completely on us. We expressed we had an advertisement running for several days that we spent money on to promote that we were on doordash and that money has now been wasted, not to mention the potential sales we have lost. Toast's support has been horrendous. If I knew this was going to be the case we would have never gone with toast.

hace 3 meses

Hi Don, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that this was your experience. We will be reaching out directly to get this resolved.

Clint

Alternativas consideradas:

Integrates with third party deliveries, horrible back end support.

3.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Overall, 1-5 we would give it a 2.8. Its good, not great. Expensive for having a few cool features but struggles to do the main meat of what we need it to do at times and when we need to fix an issue they have many complicated ways of fixing it, nothing is straight forward.

The ultimate decision of why Toast was because at the time they were one of the only POS that integrated well with third party deliveries For that functionality it has been great and done what we needed it to do included wrapping up our payroll and scheduling into one system.

Contras:

A few things. Toast is extremely complicated to get set up for some reason. Unlike other POS systems we have used in the past they do there PCI compliance through a router rather than through there software. However, you can not use their router for regular internet usage so the restaurant needs static IPs, one for Toast, one for everything else. This has made it so our hardware/infrastructure is extremely complicated and every time we have an issue we have to get our ISP, Toast, and now a IT Consultant involved to solve issues. Very time intensive and expensive. Second, when the system has a disruption or even if you want to make certain changes you have to be at the store using the terminals. The backend is pretty useless and as a owner that doesn't live by my store this is extremely frustrating. When speaking to the reps and going through the demos it is pitched as if you can run and correct items from your house but the reality is you can only do a handful of things that are not impactful. For example, when credit card processing goes down, which happens often with them for some reason, you then have to key in cards (which Toast then charges higher merchant fees to do this) and then you have to get to the store and either wait until your slow or closed to fix the issue for the next day. There is nothing you can do on the backend, customer service can't help you, nope you have to be physically present manually doing everything on your own time with maybe someone on the phone to assist you .

hace 3 meses

Hi there, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll be following up directly to learn more on how we can help support you as a customer.

ROB

Alternativas consideradas:

Over all a good decision

4.0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: We are happy, server dig it and we are looking at otherways to see it. SOme of the features like event management or online ordering are too pricey for a small store.

Working with toast on the set up was great and easy. As we have grown their support has been solid. Not like other POS we have used in the past.

Contras:

Reporting is eh and needs work...mostly data is there, just not obvious how to get what you need and they have to data dump and email it. Also, menus for serving customers can get a little much drilling sometimes 2-3 levels deep to do an 8 oz brown ale.

hace 5 meses

Hi Rob, thanks for sharing your experience using Toast.

Meghan
Manager en EE. UU.

We Love Toast!

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Toast has been great for our business overall. Tracking sales and entering orders is so easy.

Toast is user friendly, both on the front end and back end. Making changes on the fly is simple too!

Contras:

Having to hit update so many times. This was a system update and took some learning. My employees feel like they have to push too make buttons to get to the check. Used to be more simple when we first started using toast. Some of the buttons on the screen are also tiny.

la semana pasada

Hi Meghan, thanks for the 5-star review! Thrilled to know that Toast is exceeding your expectations.

Jimmy
Alimentación y bebidas, 51-200 empleados

Toast Review

5.0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Toast has been seamless for us to use. Customer service is always top notch and the amount of mistakes in restaurant has decreased dramatically.

Contras:

Online order was a bit tricky to set up and has been a little harder to implement.

hace 4 semanas

Hi Jimmy, thanks for leaving us a review!

Sarah
Food and Beverage Manager en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 5,001-10,000 empleados

Toast is a Fantastic Product for F&B

4.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Toast is incredibly easy to use for the front of house, back of house, and the back office. The ease of reporting makes my life so much easier. Utilizing the handheld system helps my staff turn tables faster and make less mistakes.

Contras:

We have a hard time integrating with InforHMS and sometimes the integration with Resy malfunctions. The system upgrades and there is no warning, which can be difficult to navigate at first.

la semana pasada

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Matt

Alternativas consideradas:

Be Prepared for nickel and dimming

2.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall it runs smoothly 90% of the tine with no issues. When there is an issue, good luck getting the resolution you were hoping for and be prepared to get very frustrated with them. Unless you're adding on services to increase your monthly bill, your not important to them anymore. Also the install was a complete joke, do yourself a favor and do the self install and save your money from the start.

Very easy to use and make on the fly changes

Contras:

The constant Nickel & Dimming! I have multiple restaurants and its so frustrating that each one has different pricing. I have had toast for over 5 years now and it constantly has changed so much so fast that the customer service line employees have no idea how to get things done. If you power on and off and it does not work you will have to wait for someone to call you back that has higher credentials. Also I have had their special router go out 2x now (funny just a week after warranty both times) and my restaurant could no longer use the POS and they could care less. Its been 1 week and still no replacement. Such a shame their customer service is so bad and it just feels like a money grab at times.

Valentina
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Beware of their promises

4.0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: After 6 months, I am not impressed. I am spending so much more money than I was before, and put in so much effort and time into setting everything up, but nothing is ever on point with Toast.

Nice features and ways to set up the menu for ease of use by employees. User-friendly up to a certain extent.

Contras:

Most of the features promised by the sales rep were all available at an extra cost, after paying a lot of money already for the system and the hardware, you have to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Their customer support is very unreliable, sometimes you have someone great who knows exactly what you are talking about, sometimes it seems like the person has never even used the POS before... They put you on hold for 10+ minutes at a time too.

hace 5 años

Hi Valentina, Jasmine from Toast here. We greatly appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide best-in-class customer support and offer solutions for all of our customers. We encourage you to reach out to your Restaurant Success Manager so we can help your business thrive on Toast.

Sam

Best POS out there

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall, Toast is the most comprehensive POS, best value for the cost, and has great community support.

Software is user friendly. It has vast functionality and great reporting. I also use Toast Payroll which has been amazing.

Contras:

Support is not efficient. It is time consuming to get problems resolved sometimes. Also the equipment did not hold up well- possibly due to the volume of our business.

Sarah

The first year with Toast

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Compared to my past POS systems this is by far the most user friendly system and It keeps me updated. I am constantly finding new things I can utilize. My staff was also able to adapt to the new system easily. They are constantly showing me new things.. Millennials lol. I am sure with more time I will better understand the system and be able to use more of what it offers as I find it.

It is very user friendly. It is built that I can search for most of the things I may be questioning. The toast training videos were very helpful in the beginning. I like that I am able to find all of the reporting numbers I need as well as the guest engagement. Being able to send email campaigns directly from the system is a game changer. The pre loaded templates are super helpful as well.

Contras:

That I did not have someone to actually help me with the initial stuff. We did not get help with end of day paperwork. The reports were off for an entire week until I noticed a discrepancy in the numbers. We Do counter service with a tip pool so we need overall numbers not numbers that I find after deductions. I also Cannot find a way to remove the Tip pool servers tips in my tip pool numbers. I need them to not be part of my final numbers for payroll purposes.

Shaz

Alternativas consideradas:

The Best-In-Class Cloud POS out there!

5.0 hace 2 años

Toast is at the cutting edge of development and understanding of their customers. Their products are always customer-centric and are light years ahead of competition!

Contras:

As with any organization, fast growth means lots to update, but they are handling this well. Support could be better too.

Karin
owner en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados

Toast Changed Everything for the Better

4.0 el año pasado

We started with Toast in 2020 during the pandemic. Toast was the only thing that was good about that year! The integration of the online ordering into our daily or weekly menu updates are seamless. Customers had questions answered and orders filled without our help or guidance. I love the ease of use for service. We have had several new staff members and they pick up the system without too much training. It's easy to transfer tickets and items, cancel sales and give discounts, as well as run all the reports we need for success.

Contras:

I wish there was an app where I could change things, look at reports, and update menus from my phone instead of going through a browser.

Elizabeth
manager en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

I have gone from recommending TOAST to experiencing extreme frustration w/ terrible customer service

1.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Additional CONS that didn't fit in the above box:
*Unable to offer discounts for particular items online. Let's say you want to promote a particular food item that week and want to offer 50% off that item ONLY...can't do it. You can discount the ENTIRE check or offer a BOGO, but no way to discount specific items.
*Can't use APPLE devices with Toast, only Android
*Unable to have a popup or a visible way to notify a customer of something when online ordering. For example, sorry, but we are out of this item or here's how we are doing curbside pickup, etc. There is only a teeny, tiny way to notify guests with a small banner atop your page that no one sees. (but Toast is happy to have their popup promoting their app on your restaurant page.)
*Toast App promotes all business, not just your personal restaurant so if you advise your guests to download it, they might be tempted by other restaurants they see when logging in.
*Toast's NEW online ordering has a complicated drop down menu that causes guests to struggle. If you have a drink menu, an alcohol menu, a breakfast menu, etc. then the guest has to find a small dropdown and toggle between the menus to complete her order. 1. She man never see the drop down, think menu is quite limited & the restaurant loses revenue. 2. She may find the drop down but has to toggle

*user friendly *online reporting accessible from anywhere *online food ordering *easy to add menu items

Contras:

*excessive hold times to reach support, ie: more than one hour and no way to email support anymore (as was the previous system.) *no way to reach support via email, even when Toast emails a restaurant, the restaurant can't reply because the email gets bounced back...instead you have to get off email, find a computer, log in and navigate to support, find the case and respond there. This is a big problem when managers are not on site at the restaurant but still managing a support issue. *support cases opened on their online platform are not addressed and no one calls restaurant to resolve *No way to email a receipt to a guest until AFTER they have paid and the transaction is over...a big problem for CATERING needing preapproval. *Upsell feature with online ordering has Toast making strange pairings. For example, the restaurant guest orders a breakfast sandwich and Toast suggest an upsell of a bottle of salad dressing (instead of a breakfast side)! Only Toast can control the upsell so the restaurant can't promote the items it wants to promote. *Handheld device does NOT support ApplePay. *ApplePay on POS terminal is additional. Actually, a lot of things with Toast cost more money than what sales tells you up front. *No way to comp a gift card online and email it to a guest from Toast Central online. *No way to offer a promo code on your online gift card sales....like during the holidays when you want to offer gift cards for a certain percentage off the regular price.

hace 4 años

Hi Elizabeth, Mora from Toast here. I'm sorry this has been a frustrating experience. The process for applying relief credit does involve multiple internal teams, so thank you for working with our Customer Care team to resolve this. We have been investing in growing our Customer Care team to address the concerns of our community, but we recognize that we still have work to do. Thank you for this feedback, it's helpful to hear what areas need improvement.

Kelly
Director of Operations en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 11-50 empleados

Satisfied user

5.0 hace 9 meses

The online access is the most important. Being able to make changes in real time with no service interruptions.

Contras:

I wish I could process payments for customers on the desktop version. Same for gift cards sales.

hace 9 meses

Hi Kelly, thanks for the positive review and for sharing your feedback. Join our online community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders and get support from the Toast team.

Mahesh
GM en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 51-200 empleados

Best POS with Most Half Baked Features and Worst Support

1.0 hace 4 años

- Easy installation - Easy to use - Suitable for small businesses with doesn't offer delivery services

Contras:

- Worst support - Not suitable for Pizza restaurants - Doesn't offer half and half toppings option - Online ordering doesn't provide any protection against disputes - Every module is an additional charge(online ordering, mobile order and pay, marketing, API, integrations, kiosk, kitchen display system, multi location modules) - Reporting doesn't differentiate between overtime and double time pay - Discounts based on dining options are not available(Discounts can not be set only for take out orders - all the discounts are valid on all type(take out & delivery) order ) - Online ordering page doesn't provide required picture specs(like resolution and aspect ratio). Pictures won't be optimized at all to make the online ordering page faster. - Unable to customize location picker page - They claim that they are the payment processors but fail to take responsibility or help with disputes - Once a restaurant is live its hard to get resolution for any issue(imagine even with 9 restaurant we struggled more than ever)

Michelle

Why I chose Toast

5.0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP. Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Contras:

Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: GetApp

Horrible customer service

3.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Horrible, sales rep, upper management & customer care is a joke. On [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my terminal broke and they said they would over night another one it took three weeks , which really hurt our business , and frustrated our employees, that are hard to come by right now. The terminal they sent had no protective material around it and it arrived broken , waited another week for a new one, NOW 4 WEEKS with out a terminal. I needed to send back the original broken terminal but they never sent me a label. I had no idea where they wanted it send, it took 6 phone calls, one call I was on hold for 53 minutes all phone calls took at least 30 minutes of my time retelling the story and how I JUST NEEDED A RETURN LABEL<,also dozens of emails (their customer care email NO responded) at long last today I received an email [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from FED EX with a label to print.No email from Toast, so I am assuming this label is to return my broken terminal ,by the way they are billing me for the unreturned terminal $1400.00 which has sat on my desk since August.I would love noting more then to send it back to them and get it off my desk. TOAST "customer CARE "is about as bad as it gets. I do not recommend this company . The day to day POS works fine, most of the time but if you need help you will be forgotten and your business will feel the pain . Remember it took us 4 weeks to get a new POS terminal and months to return the broken one only because they would not send a label.

The software is fine, works like most others

The software is fine, works like most others

Rachel
freelance en EE. UU.

Great POS for restaurants

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

Contras:

No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

hace 4 años

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

Mark

Lacking in customer service

5.0 hace 2 años

User friendly and efficient. That pretty much sums it up but they said my response was too short.

Contras:

Many additional charges after purchase Reports cannot be easily pulled for long date ranges LACKING IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Larry
GM/Owner en EE. UU.

Toast at FCD

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Toast takes the guess work out of what's moving and what's not, who is producing and who isn't. Tips tell me if my server is worth keeping. I have been satisfied with them overall.

The analytics and reporting are fantastic. Getting Toast go's for your servers allowed me to cut back on server staff and the servers make more money because they can turn 3 times as many tables

Contras:

Their set up map for delivery is garbage, if you plan on having delivery go with a different system. They have been telling me for 3 years they are going to upgrade and instead we have 3rd party integration with delivery services which are way over priced.

Mike

Toast versus others

5.0 el año pasado

Toast is a simple to use and even easier to train POS platform for all restaurants. Setting up menus and editing are both quick and easy and can be done for multiple restaurants at the same time.

Contras:

Some of the reports have a time constant that you can run them for, like 6 months, would prefer to be able to run full year sales reports or more if needed.