Opiniones de Deltek Vision

4.1 /5
    3.6 /5
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Deltek Vision

Solución basada en proyectos para empresas de PS (servicios profesionales, por sus siglas en inglés) que combina contabilidad de proyectos, gestión de recursos, gestión de proyectos, gestión de tiempo/gastos y gestión de clientes.

Descubre más sobre Deltek Vision

Mostrando 474 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Nereida B.
ANALISTA CONTABLE
  • Publicado el 26/4/2018

"Important business data in real time."

Comentarios: I am using Deltek Vision to identify problems affecting the performance of our company and hinder the successful implementation of some projects. I am also taking advantage of useful features to improve performance and complete projects successfully.

Puntos a favor: What I like about Deltek Vision modules are purchasing and asset management because they allow me to track purchase orders and fixed assets; It helps me to get new business, improve performance and optimize the operations of our company.

Contras: For some people within the company's user interface it is not always so friendly and does not have much ability to change the screen size. In addition, it may not be ideal for companies that only require specific modules, since all the modules are included in the software.

• Publicado el 26/4/2018
Elizabeth C.
architect
Arquitectura y planificación, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/9/2020

"Adequate, reliable. Not as user friendly as others"

Comentarios: When using Vision, it was very adequate. However, now that I use Monograph, I see how much more capability Monograph has and how user friendly it is.

Puntos a favor: It does its job. It's reliable. It has functionality especially for management and accounting departments. Overall, it's a solid program with proven results and a user base that reinforces trust.

Contras: It's a bulky program compared to the web based program I use now. It wasn't compatible with some browsers so I had IE just for timesheets. User interface wasn't the most intuitive and customer service wasn't built in. Therefore I had to ask my accounting manager for her to contact customer service with questions.

• Publicado el 16/9/2020
Kevin N.
Finance Director
Ingeniería civil, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/3/2017

"Comprehensive software solution, but plan on building your processes around it"

Comentarios: I've been the Vision champion in our organization since 2008 when we began to use it. Vision has been steadily improving over the past 10 years and also been getting left behind in innovation. Over our time with Vision we've evaluated other software at a few points and have not found a single solution that can provide a similar integrated experienced. The power of Vision and the reporting is built on Microsoft's SQL engine, but it does require users to be invested in learning it's use to get the most out of it. Without proper time devotion, training, and some trial and error it does leave users frustrated. Along with the power of the product comes a lot of over-complication and reported amounts that often aren't as expected or isn't fully explained or clear on where the data is coming from and what it means. This is probably the primary problem with Vision in my eyes - data labeled in one area of the program isn't the same as data reported under the same or very similar label in another part of the program. The end user experiences and ease of use is greatly lacking, but should be vastly improved as Vision is (finally) becoming modern and migrating from a .NET platform to a HTML/web-based platform. This upgrade shows promise of having better end user use and intuitiveness. We are hopeful that Vision will continue to be a tool for our company for many more years.

Puntos a favor: Powerful reporting and a mostly, all-in-one solution for managing our firm and projects

Contras: Usability. The lack of a user to be able to sit down with the product and pull the data they want without significant training. Data reported is calculated differently in part of the software - revenue in one area is actual billed amount while revenue in another is hours worked times billing rates.

• Publicado el 7/3/2017
Tiyana L.
Vice President - HR
Servicios medioambientales, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/11/2019

"Vision to Vantagepoint"

Comentarios: We were using Excel for timesheets so having time and expense in one place and tying into our business process is wonderful. We also have the ability to get nice reports.

Puntos a favor: The software helps streamline some of our processes.

Contras: Not easy to navigate through CRM but here to learn.

• Publicado el 20/11/2019
Jun J.
Accounting Manager
Arquitectura y planificación, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/9/2019

"Effective but not efficient"

Puntos a favor: It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

Contras: It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

• Publicado el 6/9/2019
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/7/2018

"Deltek makes us better manage project budget."

Puntos a favor: Deltek is easy to use ,thanks to the intuitiveness of its user interface.
In time past we overly expended on projects to the extent that we crossed project budgets ,and thereby missed key project milestones. Since switching to Deltek over a year ago ,we have been able to better follow through with project budgets without overspending.
Obviously having project planning, business development and Accounting together into one platform was very much helpful. We have been able to customize the Deltek Workflow to fit into the personal needs of my team ,thereby making much more effective.

Contras: From experience so far , Delteck Vision expense reporting is flawed in the area of mobility , receipt uploads ,and ease of customization.

• Publicado el 9/7/2018
Daisy C.
Research & Sales Manager
11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/4/2018

"I manage projects very easy"

Comentarios: Great!

Puntos a favor: It is a very good platform that allows us to keep up with our projects without any problem. I think the reports that this facilitates are very efficient and quite useful

Contras: between projects it is sometimes very difficult to differentiate between projects, that is, to separate work and make it look different from another project. But in general lines I have not had any problem

• Publicado el 17/4/2018
Jack G.
Associate
Ingeniería civil, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/7/2019

"Deltek Review"

Puntos a favor: The interface is very user friendly and allows everyone the ability to use it.

Contras: It is basic in nature so there is not much diversity allowed in the product.

• Publicado el 23/7/2019
Tiffany Y.
Financial Operations Analyst II
Contabilidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/3/2019

"Aaccounting software for project based company"

Puntos a favor: It is quite compatible to companies ran project-based

Contras: Reportings can can a pain at times. Dashboards could be improved.

• Publicado el 12/3/2019
Shivakant D.
Technical Consultant
Software informático
  • Publicado el 21/3/2018

"The extremely useful database, not so user-friendly"

Comentarios: Configurable, customizable fully integrated solution.

Puntos a favor: The sheer amount of customization of this program is amazing - my firm can track tons of information and cross-reference it in multiple ways to keep all of our ducks in a row and coordinate our efforts.

Contras: When differentiating between projects, there are certain areas, "tasks" that can be used for billing and it does make it hard to not customize how one separates the work.

• Publicado el 21/3/2018
Rhonda L.
Manager, CRM Systems
Ingeniería civil, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/6/2017

"I'm a believer in Deltek Vision"

Puntos a favor: We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so therefore understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable through PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.

Contras: Although I live and breathe Deltek Vision, numerous people at our firm just can't grasp the details and complain that it is not user friendly. The learning curve seems slow for some people to overcome, actually many people, but once it's figured out, there seems to be high value in their usage. I like the custom reporting tool but my users find it so difficult that most refuse to use it. I think the most successful firms will have a Vision expert and a strong IT (SQL, reports) and application team on staff. If not, you probably would need a consultant. My team has been able to keep everything in house to date.

• Publicado el 27/6/2017
David P.
Chief Financial Officer
Arquitectura y planificación, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/11/2016

"Twelve Years as a Deltek User"

Comentarios: In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not). Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues. I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

Puntos a favor: The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

Contras: It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

• Publicado el 15/11/2016
Tony B.
Executive recruiter
Construcción, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/3/2018

"See your Vision with Deltek!!!"

Comentarios: This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

Puntos a favor: Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

Contras: The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

• Publicado el 8/3/2018
Susan M.
Self Employed
  • Publicado el 10/1/2018

"Used Vision's General Ledger primarily in my role to produce month end and year end financial stmts."

Puntos a favor: The general ledger was easy and logical for an accountant. The work breakdown structure allowed for reporting consolidated reports as well as subsidiary level, office level, and departmental reports. Vision handled large amounts of transactions and data efficiently. Vision offers functionality to do time sheets and expense reports remotely. Vision has great security features that can remove access to certain areas or information based on an employees role in the Company. It is easy to remove rights immediately when employees leave the Company. In addition, roles can control who can make changes or post transactions. Vision allows for automated reporting. For example, an Accounts Receivable report can be automatically sent to an employee's email on a scheduled basis.

Contras: The software is not logical for non-accountants. The software is primarily for A'E firms but very difficult for those users. Most of the engineers are unable to write and run project reports. When they do get a report, the report isn't easily understood. The software is difficult to support internally and requires a database specialist to get maximum value. Vision contains a massive amount of data but the canned reports do not always offer the different types of data in same report. Unless you can write custom reports, you will have to pay expensive consulting fees.

• Publicado el 10/1/2018
Imran S.
Senior Financial Advisor
Administración educativa, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/3/2019

"A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features"

Comentarios: Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

Puntos a favor: Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators – from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the company’s resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

Contras: A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

• Publicado el 27/3/2019