Opiniones de Dropbox Business

4.5 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.2 /5

Sobre Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business es la solución segura de almacenamiento y uso compartido de archivos que los empleados adoran y en la que confían los administradores de TI. Comienza gratis hoy mismo.

Descubre más sobre Dropbox Business

Mostrando 16,963 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Cesar C.
gerente general
Telecomunicaciones, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/3/2020

"Uso excelente"

Comentarios: Poder tener a la mano los archivos importantes de la empresa, con solo abrir una app en el teléfono celular, es lo máximo.

Puntos a favor: Excelente herramienta de guardado en la nube, con posibilidad de crear diferentes carpetas y sub carpetas. Fácil uso.

Contras: Considero un poco la falta de espacio de almacenamiento que trae por defecto la aplicación. Si deseas mas espacio, debes comprarlo.

• Publicado el 30/3/2020
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant
Producción audiovisual, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/4/2020

"Power To The Drop"

Comentarios: I have been with Dropbox for over 3 years and will continue to use the software. I believe it's crucial to carry heavy files in a web page without crashing. Something that you don't realize is extremely important to a storage software.

Puntos a favor: Where can I begin, except for the fact that Dropbox has a powerful engine? From my experience, I am impressed by the energy this software has. I work in media production, so capacity and performance are primary factors in how we store content. Dropbox sees to it that our heaviest files are taken care of. I often transfer computer animations as well, which requires a lofty amount of memory to carry certain files. With that, this software is able to store and load the pages that contain each modeled/rigged subject with ease.

Contras: I would only suggest that the import/export functions were at more of an ease in terms of loading. They often require additional steps to just get a file through. Anything as simple as import to browse would fulfill my only concern.

• Publicado el 16/4/2020
Benjamin A.
Fotografía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/10/2020

"If you have a team that needs to collaborate, look no further"

Comentarios: my overall experience has been positive. there has been some issues as with any service, but dropbox has been great to work with and has been helpful. Adding the FTP capability a couple of years ago has been a huge upgrade to the account and makes me want to stick with them indefinitely

Puntos a favor: Dropbox has been my go-to software for over 5 years. We use dropbox to collaborate between video projects, graphic projects, and photo projects. We have editors all over the world and nothing works better than dropbox. I've tried using google drive multiple times, but dropbox's desktop sync has been the best thing for our collaboration. Transferring files to clients have been so simple on both ends. Every time we've sent files using google drive, we've had nothing but problems. Dropbox makes it super easy to send files and to gather files. Their file request functionality has been amazing to work with and makes it easy to collaborate with clients outside of our dropbox network.

Contras: The syncing can be a little slow especially with large files, but our work around is using an FTP client to log into dropbox to download and upload files directly to and from dropbox. sometimes we'll have syncing issues, but their file conflict solution has made it manageable to work with but still needs some work. the pricing it through the roof, but when you break it down into it's benefits, it's not so bad—but i do find myself constantly talking myself into the price being ok every time that annually payment goes through.

• Publicado el 18/10/2020
Chase G.
Structural Engineer
Materiales de construcción, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 14/12/2017

"Too expensive for what you get. Other services that give you more functionality for less money."

Comentarios: It's good for syncing files from one computer to another (e.g. work, home, mobile). I would not say it is good (or cost-effective) as a business cloud file storage service. Perhaps it is beneficial as a business's cloud backup of their local server.

Puntos a favor: Smart Sync allows you to to sync files on-demand. This allows you to see files in the folder(s) via Windows Explorer without actually having to download those files onto your hard drive, which is the difference between Smart Sync and the "less-premium" Selective Sync. This is essential if you are intending to utilize Dropbox as a true cloud server in the same way you might utilize a local file server. Without Smart Sync, if someone on your team (or shared folder) uploads or changes a bunch of files, then everyone starts downloading/syncing those files and it kills your internet speeds. OneDrive has this capability, but requires Windows 10. Google's G Suite just added this functionality as well. Office 365 Integration/Badge is OK. It's not as good as utilizing OneDrive (which is included in O365) because it does not let you edit documents simultaneously in real-time. Multiple people can open a document at the same time, but you can only work in the document and save one-at-at-time. It at least notifies you that someone else is in the file. Paper seems neat and you can add Slack integration so that's cool too.

Contras: I do not understand how they can charge so much for their Business plans. The only service being provided is document storage, so you have to compare it with MS OneDrive or Google Drive. Chances are, your MS or Google subscription includes OneDrive/Drive anyway so why would anyone want to pay extra for Dropbox? The only benefit is the on-demand syncing (OneDrive requires Windows 10), but you can get the same feature from Google Drive for half the price, as well as document-creating apps and simultaneous editing/collaboration (as opposed to simply being notified that someone else is currently editing the file, so wait your turn). There is no way to create a file directly from the Dropbox web version...because there are no document-creating tools provided. OneDrive and Google Drive both allow you to create a new document directly from the web version of their services. You cannot add tags or comments to a document. Both of which would help with organizing the document and finding it later. The search feature is very basic. It would be nice to have some advanced search criteria (e.g. "pictures", "PDFs", date ranges, authors, owners, etc.) You can only share folders among team members. The only way to share specific files is by using a URL, which then makes the file accessible to the entire world, so long as someone can guess the URL. If someone isn't on your team, they can only VIEW files (or you have to give URL access, opening it up to the entire world).

• Publicado el 14/12/2017
Sarah H.
Media Director
  • Publicado el 19/7/2020

"Dropbox Business for Small Teams"

Comentarios: Our team uses Dropbox Business every day and we organize it by our projects which makes finding documents and assets very efficient. We love the ability to instantly add a shared Dropbox folder from a client directly into our Dropbox dashboard in a matter of seconds. It's one of the most useful features. The history and version control is also really useful to ensure we're using the latest files.

Puntos a favor: This cloud-based storage tool has been incredibly effective, especially now that our team is working remotely due to COVID-19. We are able to organize our documents very efficiently using the tools instead of having to use an internal server. It's game-changing to be able to access documents, photos, and videos from any computer without having to use a clunky VPN login.

Contras: I wish the thumbnails were larger when previewing photos and sometimes when you hit the back button, it takes you to the home page instead of the last page of you breadcrumb trail but the ease of use makes it worthwhile, once you get used to it.

• Publicado el 19/7/2020
Michael A.
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/9/2020

"Expensive, yet you need it"

Comentarios: I like Dropbox for Business. It helps me a lot in:
- Sync files across device
- File sharing with my team
- Team work (for people who I require them to send me some file) , instead of sending hundreds of MB file via email (googleDrive), this Dropbox works better for me.
- with certain package, you have the option to only keep your file ONLINE. Very helpful for me, it saves my storage.

Puntos a favor: 1. It's flexible, you can have it online, or offline.
2. It's reliable. I've never experience system down.
3. It works well across platform. I use it on my mobile, tablet and laptop. All works well. I've been using this app more than 5 years.

Contras: It's a bit expensive. The price you see now on their website is the new price. Before, they had the cheaper price. After several years using this service, they increased the price. However, they fairly added the features :) which is helpful. The downside is, you didn't have the options anymore to use the cheaper package with the less price.

• Publicado el 23/9/2020
Ko-ko O.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 21/7/2020

"My Preferred Cloud Storage Solution"

Comentarios: Using Dropbox has helped me solve my file storage issues. With this software I have been able to better organize and effortlessly sync my files to the cloud. I have more than enough space to save all of my design work, as well as video projects for my clients, and I love being able to access my files on the go with the Dropbox mobile app. This software continues to improve, and I look forward to more new features being rolled out in the future.

Puntos a favor: I love how easy Dropbox is to use and the wealth of features that it offers. When using the online version of Dropbox from a web browser, a brief overview of the various features is available to the user. The desktop app makes saving, organizing, and sharing files incredibly quick and easy.

Contras: I would love to see a fresh new layout that is a bit more modern and compact for the web browser version of Dropbox.

• Publicado el 21/7/2020
Ricardo P.
  • Publicado el 11/8/2020

"Palaciobox using Dropbox"

Comentarios: Overall I love using Dropbox for my business and with my team. We have all of our files organized and my team never has an issue. We share folders all the time within the team and with clients. Highly recommend Dropbox!

Puntos a favor: What my team and I like the most of Dropbox is the integration to many other applications. We use Dropbox to store various files for the company. Sharing files is extremely easy and we can connect various devices.

Contras: Selective sync! I don't like that Dropbox can take up space on your computer hard drive. Sometimes I notice that my computer will run a little slower if my entire Dropbox is synced.

• Publicado el 11/8/2020
Phill C.
Entertainer/Content Creator
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 22/9/2020

"For today's content creators, a must-have"

Comentarios: Of all the file sharing services I've used, Dropbox has been the most easy to use and learn. I don't think I could go back to a basic subscription.

Puntos a favor: I enjoyed the integration into my Mac Finder app. It's very simple to add files and free up space on my old Macbook! I mostly use this for sharing large folders with music collaborators and pinging media between my Mac and phone for creating engaging content for my business.

Contras: There are a few bugs with storing files to the cloud. My app keeps downloading files that are supposed to be online only. I'm sure this will be fixed in later editions.

• Publicado el 22/9/2020
Anton M.
Assistant Technical Director
Entretenimiento, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/9/2020

"Great for keeping common files in one easy location"

Puntos a favor: Dropbox Business makes it easy to keep all importance documents in one place, cloud based and easily accessible for all users to find, edit, update etc... I especially like the sync software, makes moving files in and out a breeze.

Contras: The windows desktop and web-portal browsers arent great but still get the job done. Also having to share an entire 'folder tree' just to share one file to one user could be improved.

• Publicado el 30/9/2020
self employed
Arte y artesanía, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 24/10/2020

"Good option for business and work from home"

Comentarios: In general, is good platform to use in business and work from home. I wish it would be more popular.

Puntos a favor: Fast and secure cloud storage. Also, I can access to my work from different devices.

Contras: Not having a good display of icons or images. The free trial should be longer and the prices are a bit expensive, I think there are better deals on the market.

• Publicado el 24/10/2020
Business Owner
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/9/2020

"Dropbox For Business"

Comentarios: I've been overall very happy using Dropbox Business. I have worked with all methods of file sharing and this is the one that I prefer generally.

Puntos a favor: I like that it syncs so well across devices. The majority of the time it is easy to locate all the files that we need, simple to share documents, and it integrates well with our encryption software. I like being able to open it in an explorer view to find files that have been download, and I'm happy that they've made it optional to download only certain files on the computer and leave the others cloud-based while still seeing them in the different views available on the device, so that there are no large downloads happening anymore on all devices. I also enjoy the roll-back to previous versions that are available.

Contras: There have been instances where we have experienced sync conflicts in folders that resulted in multiple copies of documentation sitting around and that can get confusing. We have worked to mitigate this but sometimes it is unavoidable. Sometimes I have experienced that it is difficult to find documents even with the full text search and I am able to locate them easily by going to the explorer view. I wish the website had a better explorer view.

• Publicado el 8/9/2020
Jeanne M.
Artes escénicas, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/8/2020

"Love it, hate the price"

Comentarios: I love it!

Puntos a favor: Love the functionality and custom settings.
Love that I can choose not to sync or “online only” folders.
Love that I can connect my personal account to my business account.
Love how much space we get.
Love that we can use Dropbox as a server for our small org.
LOVE LOVE LOVE AND NEED the automatic saving / versioning. This has saved us so many times. This is the main reason, along with using it as a file server, that we pay for Dropbox.

Contras: The price is very steep in my opinion.
Many people I know and work with do not use Dropbox because of the cost.
It drives me absolutely insane that business requires at least three users. That’s insane to me! Insane.
The other thing that is very troublesome is that it doesn’t automatically lock files when you’re working on them and someone else opens the same file. It has some integration that sometimes provides warnings through Excel, but other file types are completely at risk of having conflicting copies. This is very tricky for the non-tech savvy and it is a weakness.
Most of what I love comes with the paid version. As a free product, I can see it annoying people as they near their limits.

• Publicado el 24/8/2020
Camillia C.
Graphic Designer
Producción audiovisual, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/5/2020

"Upload With A Simple Drop!It's so Easy"

Comentarios: My experience with dropbox has been epic. Its saved much time and frustration of carrying hard drives and switch computers. No longer do you have to worry about "Storage is full delete or move items to make space." No longer do you have to worry about. Panicking because you accidentally left the harddrive in your other suitcase and your outta town so your projects is on hold. NOPE! Not with dropbox.
It's so easy to use I recommend it for anyone that's on projects of ant kind. Or just simply wants the security of knowing their stuff is backed up safely if the computer crashes or a exturnal harddrive fails or gets broken.
I love how everyone on the team can be on it at one time. Accessing all they need. It's so easy to use. And everything is easy to find. It's way more organized than Google drive.

Puntos a favor: When I say that LOVE this software. I LOVE this software. I worked on a media team so we produce alot of videos, promo flyers edits ,photoshop edits, Premiere videos, We use ALOT of storage and each person on the production team has a different task to perform. We used to store stuff on hard drives and unplug them from computer to computer which is a hassle. One time the harddrive dropped and stopped working so we lost all our data. Talk about a mess! But not with dropbox! We uploaded the entire Terabyte of data unto dropbox. And it saved sooo much time and protected our artistic works that's accessible at anytime. Dropbox allows you to create accounts for each person on the team so they can have their own storage and files without it being in the way of others. You simply take a file from your computer Click, Drag, and BOOM its uploaded to Dropbox! It's probably the best storage site I've experienced honestly. Each person has their own individual space and login information.
As the admin you can lock projects, restrict access to other people on the team. Or choose who can add files and see content on specific folders.
You can create folders and subfolders to organize everything from pictures to videos and let's say "Camillie's Movie 2019" You can add and categorize folders within that folder for say "Drafts folder" or "Jan-March footage"
or however you want to break it down.

Contras: Sometimes when uploading depending on the internet speed it can take quite awhile to get everything uploaded. But it's totally worth it because you can save space on your computer and hard drives and can access it anywhere you go.

• Publicado el 12/5/2020
Tamas hunor D.
rental expeditor
Películas y largometrajes, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/4/2020

"6+ years with Dropbox"

Comentarios: Dropbox is my daily driver for file sharing and backing up my work. It is a convenient and secure solution. Great to share folders for a limited time, protecting with passwords. The new software allows saving space on my computer by managing local/online files. The only thing is I miss a feature mark, select pictures (or files) by a customer and export it to a list.

Puntos a favor: Pretty fast syncing, compared to other competitors. Really capable desktop and mobile app with a lot of features. Good money/value ratio.

Contras: Sometimes it can be slow with really large files. You have to collect all files in one folder.

• Publicado el 19/4/2020
Sara L.
Professional Musician
Música, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/4/2020

"Dropbox Allows Musicians to Share and Protect Files"

Comentarios: Dropbox solves sharing obstacles, as I can directly share songs and ideas immediately after I upload them. This makes working together possible even if we are not in the same room together. We can freely send ideas back and forth instantly and with ease. Dropbox offers a large amount of storage which is very useful when working with large media files. I know that my files are safe and will remain where I store them no matter what files I may lose on my personal computer. Dropbox has saved me from losing hours of work by safely storing my songs and music ideas.

Puntos a favor: Dropbox is a web based service that gives you a free space with an option of additional storage for a reasonable monthly fee. As a musician, it is essential to protect and share your music. I am able to upload files onto my Dropbox storage and send direct access to anyone I choose from all over the globe. Media files are typically large, so there is a huge benefit to have the ability to purchase additional data at any time. I feel safe knowing that my files are protected in the Dropbox cloud, especially in the event of a computer or program crash.

Contras: The Dropbox file compression will degrade the media quality to a noticeable extent when clicking a direct play link. The compression isnt as noticeable on downloaded media files.

• Publicado el 7/4/2020
Myrna V.
Attorney
Práctica de la abogacía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/3/2020

"My go-to cloud service"

Comentarios: When my firm was looking at products/software to move towards a paperless office, we decided to go with Dropbox because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, and brand reputation. Given that several of our employees were already familiar with Dropbox for their personal needs, the transition to the "cloud" was quite easy. Just upload your existing files into organized folders, and you're done. At first, it took awhile to upload everything to the cloud due to the sheer volume of files being uploaded. But after the initial document "dump", adding new documents/files has been a breeze.

Puntos a favor: I like Dropbox's simple and easy-to-use interface. And from a business standpoint, the price is fairly reasonable. I also love the security that Dropbox provides by acting as a digital backup just in case anything happens. I like that you can access Dropbox through multiple platforms and devices--you can access it through a website, a computer application, your cell phone or your tablet--which is helpful when you're working from home, from different locations, or while you're on the road. Plus, sending documents via Dropbox gets there quicker, more secure, and eliminates paper waste, which ultimately saves time and money.

Contras: I really have no complaints about Dropbox at this time. The upload speed is quite fast, and I have no issues with accessing Dropbox.

• Publicado el 26/3/2020
Abraham C.
Active Directory Administrator
Administración gubernamental, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 19/3/2020

"Dropbox Business - Pros & Cons"

Comentarios: Dropbox has provided the opportunity for employees in the organization to manage and share files locally and remotely without the need for carrying thumb drives from workstation to workstation. Not only has this feature enabled flexibility and efficiency in the work space but also improving the standard of work, saving time and energy as compared to other file management solution. While the sharing of information is critical Dropbox for Business allows the administrators to issue special permissions for users to access links and files. Administrators can further perform other security tasks such as the setting of expiration dates for every information that has been shared to the Cloud. This type of security measures are available to avoid breach of information on Dropbox for Business. Overall I would recommend this solution to any business that have the ability to implement the system.

Puntos a favor: The first time I heard about Dropbox for Business I didn't have the slightest clue what this system could do, let alone the benefits and impact it could have on an organization. What I like most about the software is the user friendly interface and how easy it is to setup an account compared to other systems out there. Once the account has been setup, you can give employees access immediately, so they can start syncing files, uploading files and creating folders between other computers from any location. As an administrator Dropbox for business made my life easier when managing multiple accounts. It gives you the flexibility to track existing files, lost files and other issues that come up from time to time. And if you already have Dropbox installed, you can upgrade to the business option from a free or Pro option, therefore incorporating existing user accounts into a business account without any additional work.

Contras: As it is common for any cloud solution, there is a price factor that needs to be considered carefully before a decision is made to go with the solution at hand. Dropbox for Business maybe a bit too expensive for small to medium size businesses. There is a 30-day free trial use for limited users only and if you do choose to go with the paid option, you will be looking at paying a price of $750 per year for just 5 user licenses. If you want to add more users the cost keeps increasing. Having Dropbox running within your organization can also impact the performance of your network bandwidth, that's if your users are uploading large files during peak production hours. You may have to do some tweaking and configuration from a network perspective to accommodate this new solution.

• Publicado el 19/3/2020
Ian R.
Principal
Automatización industrial, 2-10 empleados

"Preferred solution"

Comentarios: We've solved the need for expensive hardware, staying current, online security, backup and version control, access privileges both internal and external.

Puntos a favor: I find dropbox very easy to use, integrate and administer. We've been using it for several years now (probably 10). It was always good but just continues to improve. We're setup with varying levels of access and use it as our company server - negating the need for any hardware or IT. We've looked at switching to Sharepoint / oneDrive as it's included in our Office365 subscription. It's just not as clean and simple as dropbox. My engineering team does not want to move over because Dropbox is working so well for them.

Contras: Honestly I can't come up with much but I would like to see integration with Office365 as I see usage of Teams as a real benefit in working remotely and managing project communications.

Leng V.
Director of Operations
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
  • Publicado el 2/3/2020

"Great Tool for Teamwork"

Comentarios: My overall experience with Dropbox Business was excellent, but I had to drop it due to the high price, which competes with Google Drive. I still use the free version of Dropbox for my organization, especially with everything related to team work, but I have to say that the Business one has better features and offers more space for your documents.

Puntos a favor: I love that this software allows to share information in real time. I think is excellent when working with a team. It provides a digital working space, which is very needed these days. Also, people are able to make changes to the same document without loosing its original functionalities. It can opens either with the explorer window (internet explorer, google, etc) or with the file explorer of the computer.

Contras: What I like the least about this software/platform is the price. It's very expensive, especially for small business or organizations. Of course, you can always use the free version, which I ended up doing, but the feature for modifying documents does not work properly. I understand that if you want that to work fine you ahve to pay for it, but I will be willing to sacrificy space for this function. Just something to consider for the developers.

"kennedy" marie H.
Attorney
Servicios jurídicos, Trabajador autónomo
  • Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 22/2/2020

"Best Document Management Software for Personal Use and Small Businesses"

Comentarios: Overall, this is an excellent product. I can't imagine using anything else for my small law firm and for my own personal document management needs.

Puntos a favor: There aren't many negative things to say about Dropbox. They dominate this corner of the market, and it shows. Businesses nowadays are all about integration and automation. Virtually all other noteworthy software integrates directly with Dropbox, making automation a breeze. Dropbox's integration with MS Office 365 Online now makes it possible to make edits to MS Word and Excel documents right from Dropbox. "Dropbox Transfer" allows you to share or transfer a large number of documents with others, right from Dropbox. And if you subscribe to the "Professional" level, you can "rewind" changes and deletions to folders and documents for 180 days.

Contras: Not really a Con, just wishful thinking on my part: Dropbox integrates with Adobe Sign, which is great. However, right now, there is no integration to Adobe Document Cloud, which would allow a user to do more with PDFs right from Dropbox. But it looks like they are headed in that direction soon. Also, I'm not crazy about the "per user" pricing structure, but that is how most services charge nowadays. I do wish that the "rewind" feature was available for the Business and Enterprise levels.

• Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 22/2/2020
Isaac F.
Accountant
Tabaco, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/2/2020

"Dropbox Review by Isaac Fungura"

Comentarios: At one time I travelled to Namibia, lost my laptop in transit, but since I had my files synced, I easily got my files and continued with my work 2000km away from home
I have managed to keep my important files like documents and pictures intact for more than 10 years
I often use Dropbox transfer to send files up to 100GB large with password protection for sensitive data to my colleagues who are not Dropbox users without giving away access to my original document.

Puntos a favor: Keeps all data organised and can sync across all your devices - mobile and desktop
Sync allows files to be accessible offline on the synced folder
Allows collaboration of multiple users able to comment on files
Dropbox paper allows writing documents, editing, brainstorming, reviewing and collaborating with anyone with the shared URL.
Also allows user to create to do lists and due dates
You can recover files that have been deleted so there is no risk of permanently losing data through an error
Dropbox keeps track of all changes and versions and you can easily restore prior versions of the file in case you make a mistake. When collaborating with multiple users, Dropbox keeps an audit trail of who has edited a document
Can create file requests - inviting someone to upload or tag you to their file

Contras: Mobile version faces challenges when dealing with big files hence not as flexible as the desktop version
Syncing folders from desktop may end up uploading unnecessary files as long as they are added to that folder
Affected by internet speeds on downloads and uploads which frustrates the user especially on large files

Aaron P.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 20/2/2020

"Dropbox primarily does one thing - syncing files, but does it very well."

Comentarios: Dropbox is dead simple to use, and thus extremely easy to setup for various clients. I use the free version of Dropbox (only 2GB of cloud storage) for small items to sync b/w multiple devices, and I have other clients that use the Business version of Dropbox across the entire organization. Despite its many short comings, and frustrations in pricing, Dropbox is simply unmatched in its file syncing capabilities.

Puntos a favor: Dropbox is truly designed for two things, syncing files b/w multiple devices and sharing those files with other Dropbox users. It does those two things extremely well. Dropbox has fantastic conflict resolution features - automatically creating a "conflicted copy" of a file whenever a potential conflict is detected (i.e. a file is being edited by two people at the same time). Dropbox also has plugins for Microsoft Office that allow for multiple people to edit a file simultaneously without creating conflicts. In addition, Dropbox provides a "smart sync" feature, allowing for files to be seen on the computer locally, but not stored locally until opened up. This allows a user to access all of his/her Dropbox files without using up disk space (though it does require an active internet connection).

Contras: For the price, Dropbox for Business is very limited compared to alternatives. Both Google's G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 cost comparable or less, and includes not just file syncing capabilities but an entire office suite. Dropbox's business practices are also somewhat suspect, as they have continually increase the price/month while reducing the features set. Often times, you can restore these missing features for an increased amount/month.

Youssef K.
CTO
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/2/2020

"the best solution to work on shared files with a remote team"

Comentarios: We've been using dropbox business for the past 3 years. As a global team with a presence in different countries, dropbox became our file server. Synchronization is very fast and managing permissions is very straightforward.

Puntos a favor: Fast synchronization, file versioning and the ability to restore a previous version of the file, folders sharing

Contras: there is nothing specific that I don't like, only the overall cost is a bit expensive especially since we are a big team

• Publicado el 12/2/2020
Greg A.
  • Publicado el 19/1/2020

"Dropbox Has Completely Changed the way we Share Work with Clients"

Comentarios: The biggest business problem we are solving is the ability to share all of our office files in a single repository. This eliminates email requests and even Slack requests as everyone knows that all files are in the Dropbox and everyone has access. This saves our team quite a bit of time and keeps people locked in on creative projects without getting distracted with too many requests.

Puntos a favor: Our number one favorite feature in Dropbox is the ability to share a link to a file with clients and have them make comments right on the file. If we're sharing a video, they can comment at exact spots in the video, and they can markup graphic files. Additionally, Dropbox saves us an incredible amount of time in the office, as we no longer have to request files from various members of our design team. With our shared Dropbox folders, everyone can access everything, and with version control, nothing is ever lost.

Contras: Occassionally we've had issue with the "smart sync" feature downloading files to our machines when we didn't request to have that happen. It's a minor annoyance that we're hoping to see fixed in a future release.

• Publicado el 19/1/2020