Sobre EmailOctopus

Marketing por correo electrónico por menos, a través del SES de Amazon.

Descubre más sobre EmailOctopus

Integration was easy, the software is easy to use overall. Easy to manage your contact lists for ab testing.

Contras:

Lack of functionalities as for automation and possibility of team work.

Valoraciones de EmailOctopus

Relación calidad-precio
4.8

Probabilidad de recomendación

9.2/10

EmailOctopus tiene una valoración global de 4.7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 246 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado EmailOctopus antes?

Filtrar opiniones (246)

Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo
Gestor de Imagen Web en Panamá

Gran herramienta de Email Marketing para Microempresas

5.0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Me estoy beneficiando de poder crear secuencias de correo automatizadas.

Su gran facilidad de uso y su gran atención al usuario, te responden con prontitud todos tus correos.

Contras:

Más disparadores para las automatizaciones.

RYAN
RYAN
Trustee, Area 7 en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 1,001-5,000 empleados

Best Email Service Anywhere

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times. The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy. The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Contras:

None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Donald
Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

A good inexpensive way to get your email business rolling

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall EmailOctpus has done a good job handling what I throw at them and they fit my budget pretty well. Service has been better here than in the other more well know places tried in the past. They seem to be more service-orientated and willing to go the extra mile to help if needed. I'd say I have been pretty happy with most of what they have to offer.

The 2500 price point is a great help for those starting out gives them a bit more time to learn and start making some money with their list and to make the payment easier too. Most of the help tutors are easy to understand and if you have trouble the support has been outstanding. Even though it is a chat and I usually don't care for that but theirs has been top-notch. They have good knowledgeable people working the chat and that really a big plus.

Contras:

Pros: They are reasonably priced and offer excellent support. Easy to learn and use with a low learning curve in most areas. They also have more advanced options for integration into many of the more well-known platforms for controlling larger businesses. You also have a knowledge base you can go to when Chat is offline at night that which is very helpful for people like me that do a lot at night.Cons: My biggest pet peeve with them is not being able to use HTML templates made by others you are kinda stuck using theirs and some of them are not too professional looking or fit the needs to might have. Yeah, I'm old school but I can make them work the way I need easier to install on some websites I have custom software and I have to create workarounds to get things working sometimes.

Ankit
Founder en India
Fuente de la reseña

A good affordable email marketing tool

3.0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Overall, I had a good experience, but I really wish that they fix their email builder, and it's buggy.

Even though EmailOctopus(EO) is a relatively new tool but it has all the features you will expect it to have. The best this is that it's really affordable.

Contras:

The major problem with EmailOctopus is there UI of email builder. It's really bad and buggy. Also if you try pasting content from Ms-Word or Notion then it changes the formatting which is troublesome to edit. Also if you want to run referral programs for your newsletter then EmailOctopus has very few integrations. They also pushed new update for their forms which makes it compulsory to use it with iframe and not custom html tags. That makes it very static and you can't use your own designs.

Respuesta de EmailOctopus

hace 8 meses

Hi Ankit, Thanks for the review and glad you love our value for money. In respects to your feedback around the email builder, you'll be glad to know we are overhauling it this year and making it much simpler to copy and paste from your favourite tools, while retaining the correct formatting. Our forms, as you've also mentioned, saw an update last year. I think you may have misunderstood the update, as we do not use iFrames and we never have done. All our forms can be style completely by you using CSS, and we have no plans to ever change that. We agree iFrames are not the right solution to use. If you'd like help styling your forms, please contact our team and we'd be glad to show you how.

George
Software Engineer en EE. UU.
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

Refreshingly Simple and Straightforward

5.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: An excellent tool for most email-marketing situations. I've used it on several client sites for letting them build their own newsletters and email lists, and have not had a single complaint about it. If you are looking for a tool to migrate your email list of hundreds of thousands of users to, EmailOctopus probably isn't for you—but if you're an average-sized business or creator, it's really my preferred option now, and much less spammy/convoluted than something like ConvertKit!

Email Octopus is really a great tool for—in my opinion—80–90% of situations where you need email marketing. For the large part it "just works", and I have no trouble getting my clients to use it, which cannot be said about other similar tools.It's quite easy to make great-looking forms and landing pages, and the WordPress plugin is a joy to use—makes things much easier!

Contras:

If it's a great tool for 80–90% of situations, then I have to admit it has some shortcomings for those less-common use cases where you really need something robust and more flexible.Its API documentation is a bit lacking, for example, and while things "just work" for the most part, a consequence of this is that you don't have nearly as much control over precise details as you would with a larger—and admittedly more expensive—tool in this same spce.

Alternativas consideradas: ConvertKit, Campaign Monitor y Mailchimp

Razones para elegir EmailOctopus: ConvertKit's branding is a bit of a turn off. It's either just...bad (remember that whole weird thing of temporarily being named "Seva"?), or has a very heavy marketer/car-salesman vibe to it.But it was a decent tool for a long time, so worth using.I came across EmailOctopus via its WordPress plugin, and was intrigued by the simplicity and refreshing marketing and design, which felt so much more "normal" and straightforward than e.g. ConvertKit.I started using it one some personal projects, and after loving it, am now using it with some freelance clients. A few of those are switched over from ConvertKit and we're all happier for it.

Software anterior: ConvertKit

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: There are situations where I'd go with a tool with more features and more developer possibilities (i.e. a more fully-fleshed-out, better-documented API with ideally some SDKs ready to go).But EmailOctopus is a great balance of focused feature-set, cost, design quality, and customer support, so it's becoming my go-to!

Yasmeen
Social Media Marketing Specialist en Egipto

A Comprehensive and Cost-Effective Email Marketing Tool: EmailOctopus

5.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall, EmailOctopus is an effective yet affordable email marketing solution that provides a range of useful features. Its drag-and-drop builder makes it easy to design professional-looking emails, and its powerful automation tools allow for complex campaigns to be set up quickly and easily. Its reliable delivery rate makes it an ideal choice for businesses looking to maximize the impact of their email campaigns.

EmailOctopus is an intuitive and user-friendly platform that provides an extensive range of features for a fraction of the cost of other email marketing solutions. Its drag-and-drop builder makes it easy to design professional-looking emails and its powerful automation features allow for complex campaigns to be set up quickly and easily. On top of this, its reliable delivery rate makes it an ideal choice for businesses looking to maximize the impact of their email campaigns.

Contras:

Although EmailOctopus offers a great range of features, the lack of design customization options can be a bit limiting. The platform also doesn't offer any detailed reporting options, and its customer support is only available via email.

Mingjie
Cofounder en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great service for the engineering-focused teams, while better alternatives exist

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

It’s a relatively simple service that gets you exactly where you want to be — send campaigns, post emails for subscription, etc.

Contras:

It’s stuck somewhat in a limbo of not the absolute best experience for non-engineers (products like Mailchimp) and also not the best experience for engineers (products like Postmark)

Alternativas consideradas: Mailchimp

Razones para elegir EmailOctopus: Mailchimp’s WYSIWYG editor is terrible even after years of complaints.

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: Less deployment and engineering overhead.

Blake
Owner, founder en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la reseña

You cant beat the free trial!

5.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

As a small business owner, I really needed to be able to start sending out email campaigns. Email octopus is the only company I found that makes it inexpensive to get started sending out professional emails to your subscribers. Company doesn't seem like they are always trying to up sell me either. The free trial comes with tons of good features and once I start expanding and need to upgrade, I will most likely be staying with email octopus for my email campaigning needs!

Contras:

I have yet to venture very deep into the software so not quite sure!

Alternativas consideradas: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: The sliding scale for payment! That is exactly what I needed to get started with my email campaigns.

Lea
Director en RU
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

This is what I've been looking for

5.0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Excellent,

Easy to set up, accounts are manually approved meaning my business which is classed as High Risk is permitted and I haven't spent time setting up an account to then have it restricted. Support emails are answered quickly and it's so easy to use and set up templates.

Contras:

I haven't yet found any way to integrate this with Woocommerce or Epos now which would mean lists can be updated automatically rather than manually.

President en EE. UU.
Formación profesional y coaching, Trabajador autónomo

Just diving in

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: I love that it's a small team, dedicated to helping us succeed. The experience has been great so far.

The support I've received has been amazing.

Contras:

It would be nice to be able to have a "brand kit" or something so that when we create a new template, branding, colors, fonts etc. are already preselected. It takes a lot of effort to change things on every new template.

Maisarah
Maisarah
Marketing Executive en Malasia
Telecomunicaciones, 1,001-5,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software

4.0 hace 2 años

EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

Contras:

I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

Josh
CEO en Sudáfrica
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

Contras:

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Alternativas consideradas: SendGrid

Razones para elegir EmailOctopus: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

Mikey
Author en RU
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo

Reliable and cost-effective

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Contras:

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Alternativas consideradas: MailerLite y Mailchimp

Razones para elegir EmailOctopus: I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Jeff
Online Lead Generator en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Great "out of the box" features!

5.0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: I have been able to build an email list because of ease of integration into my

Started out using the free version. It has all of the features of the paid version which you can't say that about their competitors. Can immediately have more than one list as well as use automations. Gave me a great idea. how the program works and now I'm paying and a huge fan.

Contras:

I am able to integrate Email Octopus pretty much everywhere I want. But, occasionally I need to use a third party software to do so. Which isn't a huge deal, but I'm sure that will start seeing email octopus in more and more native integrations.

Alternativas consideradas: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: Because the price is significantly lower and the support is better.

Sumeet
Founder en India
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Best Email Marketing System

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Contras:

Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

Ben
Web Developer en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la reseña

The best Email Marketing option!

5.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: I'm very happy using this email marketing provider, I'm sending one Marketing mail weekly!

I tried several email marketing tools, and EmailOctopus is the best option, is very friendly and easy to use.

Contras:

No negative feedbacks for now, I'm very happy to find and use this tool to connect with my client's trough this e-mail service.

Alternativas consideradas: Sender

Razones para elegir EmailOctopus: The free version of MailChip is limited to 500 contacts and Octopus the limit is 2500

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: I invest a decent time in research looking for an email marketing provider and even when EmailOctopus is not too popular is having the right tools to send and succeed my marketing campaign emails.

Kristian
Founder & MD en Países Bajos
Internet, 2-10 empleados

Simple & Effective

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Incredible. In the time & age where platform are becoming extremely bulky, EmailOctopous keeps it simple, clean, automated. Customer support is on point every time.

- Simple yet powerful - Not overwhelming - Incredible customer support - Fantastic automation

- Segmentation features - Advanced automation & workflows

Founder en Portugal

Simple mailing lists

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I don't think I've ever had a better experience integrating with an API than with EmailOctopus. Their email support is also one of the best I've ever dealt with.

I like how quickly I was able to set it up. I also frequently give their API documentation as an example of a perfectly written document. While composing a new campaign, the UI doesn't get in the way and I'm able to just get down to work.

Contras:

I couldn't figure out a way to "merge" multiple user lists, or send a campaign to users from multiple different lists at once.

Jim
Customer Service Director en EE. UU.
Servicios e instalaciones recreativas, 11-50 empleados

Email Octopus

4.0 hace 3 meses

Email Octopus provides good value for the price.

Contras:

Some features could be refined, such as being able to keep various campaign emails in folders, global delete emails in lists.

Ashleigh
Author en EE. UU.
Redacción y edición, Trabajador autónomo

The Perfect Solution

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

Contras:

The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

Alternativas consideradas: ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, MailerLite, Mailchimp y AWeber

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: EmailOctopus had the largest number of subscribers on the free version and was the easiest to use.

Kelly
Administrative Assistant en EE. UU.
Música, 201-500 empleados

Very Sleek

5.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Love EmailOctopus; gave us space to grow reasonably from the free version to a paid one with more emails.

Easy to duplicate old templates and change details, ideal for our weekly events newsletter. Looks sleek and professional on all devices

Contras:

Some file limits on photos, can be tedious to drag and drop but I think that's more my computer than EmailOctopus.

Alternativas consideradas: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: Emails looked more professional, easier to use

Chuck
Retired en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

EmailOctopus provides exceptional customer supprot

5.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: I would recommend EmailOctopus without reservation.

The customer support was the best feature of EmailOctopus. Every question I had was promptly answered with useful information. Customer service really went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied.

Contras:

My requirements were quite basic. While not a "feature" of the software, the only area where I saw an opportunity for improvement was to have customer service available during standard US business hours (EmailOctopus seems to be based in the UK.)

Alternativas consideradas: Mailchimp

Razones para elegir EmailOctopus: Wanted to try something different.

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: Wanted to try something different.

Phil
Phil
Digital Director en RU
Fuente de la reseña

The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!

5.0 hace 2 años

Nutshell - AWESOME. Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

Contras:

No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks. Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

Geraldine
Website Manager en RU
Instituciones religiosas, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Fine Product, not overpriced!

5.0 hace 3 meses

The product is easy to use after initial set up and I've found it easy to teach others to use it.

Contras:

There were some design issues in the early days, but those have mostly been fixed and so I really don't have anything to dislike!

Razones para cambiar a EmailOctopus: Price and availability of options

Travis
Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Sector textil, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Never have to find another provider

5.0 hace 3 meses

I've been in online marketing since mid 90's and this by far is the easiest, most user friendly and reliable email service.

Contras:

nothing nothig nothing fill up space to submit this form