Opiniones de talech

Sobre talech

talech es un sistema de software de punto de venta basado en la nube para restaurantes, bares, cafeterías, comercios minoristas y empresas de servicios.

Descubre más sobre talech

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

Contras:

It is sometimes difficult to navigate for reporting.

Valoraciones de talech

Relación calidad-precio
3.8

Probabilidad de recomendación

6.9/10

talech tiene una valoración global de 3.9 estrellas sobre 5 según las 322 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

Filtrar opiniones (322)

Ordenar por

¿Ha utilizado talech antes?

Filtrar opiniones (322)

Cindy

Love it

5.0 hace 3 años

Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it

Contras:

Really I don't have an it's easy to use and any questions I had technical support answered them

kyle

talech Review

Comentarios: so so

the theory of it. the thought that i could do everything i was told it could easily and a low cost.

Contras:

versatility or lack of versatility. i run into issues with contacts and open orders when i try to make changes. the website seems to be very touchy.

Bernie
Fuente de la reseña

Talech, simply HORRIBLE software if you have a lot of products!

1.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Works well for a front end register, but getting issues resolved with tech support just NEVER happens. The people that answer the phone are clueless. This is coming from someone that works in IT for 20+ years and have dealt with and worked in call centers/tech support.

Its has a nice register app and is pretty easy to use and learn the register

Contras:

The instability of Talech.com (where I as the owner do 98% of my work). Time outs and logs you out about every 15 minutes. Stock take dont save after timeout loosing everything. Have you ever tried to count thousands of products to have them all deleted over and over......

Theresa
Alimentación y bebidas, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Works for simple to complex operations

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have used them with two separate businesses. One was a quick service, and the current one is a full service, fine dining environment. The register works with both of these. I was surprised at how easily we were able to expand and control our in-house systems. They have become so feature-rich over the years. Staff train quickly on it. Price point is competitive. Customer service is very good.

Discounting weekly specials - set once and done Tagging for specific printers, discounts Loyalty program Reporting Time Clck and time sheets Online ordering Table management

Contras:

ICMP readers are sometimes an issue Wish there was an integrated reservation system

Christopher
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: The new house account stuff seems to be a benefit for someone like me. I let folks run a tab. The software has gone down on me a few times during a shift and Talech just asks you to be patient. The lack of knowledge from the help desk is frustrating.

Easy to navigate, fairly straight forward.

Contras:

If there is an issue, it all goes down and customer service is not helpful usually. I have had to call other IT people in to get us up and running because help desk usually can't or they take an hour for a one button fix to a problem.

Kate
General Manager en EE. UU.

Marty's Restaurant & Retail Operational Review of Talech POS System

3.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have only solved the items under Pros. although talech systems also begins to make it easier for us to do at least retail inventory easier to determine.
However, dealing with a customer service staff who are really only there to get us off the phone as quickly as possible while attempting to fix a specific problem is frustrating. More often than not, they are not given the time to sufficiently understand the problem or issue or don't really care, and more often than not, we get instructions to go to online help, with not even what specific topic we're supposed to look under. Time and time again, when I've asked for help to create reports I want, there is not only a misconnect in understanding (my tech language is not very good) but most of the responses I have gotten in the past year is that work on the reporting features are not a priority and therefore will not be addressed in any determinable near future.
We got Talech to grow our business. While it has helped it has also been a disappointment as it is not as user friendly as we thought. And the ability of customer service to understand and help us resolve the issues we have, while lately much better on very specific items, has on more complex issues on a admin level been very disappointing. Talech customer service is good about adding techy and trendy additional features but not so good at organizing the information to manage the actual administrative business needs of business owners & managers.

1. Makes it easy for customers to check out faster 2. Makes it easy for servers to send menu tickets to the kitchen

Contras:

1. Reporting features. The totals in each categories (retail, or restaurant) are never totaled. Bank settlement totals for different forms of payments, etc., are the only totals there are except Dine In, and To Go, tips, and gratuity. We got the POS system so we could get reports on costs, profitability, in each category both in beverages (wine, draft beers and food (per menu items- quantities of items sold within each category also) and current inventory in each category, per selected periods of time. I find that we have to basically create our own templates in Excel, download the period of time we are reviewing, and copying the categories & items to our exel templates which then subtotals the categories we want to see to determine how we are doing in each category or with any particular item within the categories.

Brian
President en EE. UU.
Servicios e instalaciones recreativas, 11-50 empleados

Normal POS system.

4.0 hace 3 años

Has lots of options. I can manage employess with this.

Contras:

It is not stable. Especially if I use this with 3~4stations , it is not working properly.

Railan

Talech POS System for a Retail Store

4.0 hace 4 meses

Talech is very adaptable to a retail store in sales transactions, inventory tracking and management, and accounting reports. It is very quick and easy to speak with a Customer Service Agent should you need it, and the Team is very proactive in assisting.

Contras:

There are features within inventory management that could be added to improve inventory tracking and management. For example, when performing an EOY inventory count, it would be very helpful to be able to freeze inventory numbers and then unfreeze them to update the quantities. Currently, to update inventory numbers, a stock take must be done which is a lengthy task if a business has more than 2,000 products. A second feature is to have the ability to manipulate employee access to certain information within the software including inventory updates, and sales reports. You can lock employees out of these things, but when done also locks them out of key features they need to perform their other tasks.

Lulie
General Manager en EE. UU.

Quality Software for Small-Scale Inventory Mgmt./POS

5.0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Our Fishing Tackle/Outdoor storefront started small (less than 1,500 different product SKU's).
When we first launched, Talech served our needs well, and would have continued to serve our needs. However, our business grew and we now maintain 8,000+ product SKU's. Unfortunatly for our situation, Talech's inventory management systems didn't grow with our company's growth. Large reports are difficult to obtain, and when we require special reports, it can be challenging to acquire them.
This software is great to use if you do not plan to continually carry large quantities of inventory (Under 2,000 SKU's).
This is not a hard rule of course, just our experience with this software product.

Talech can easily tackle small-scale inventory management and POS needs. User-friendly, and is easy to train new staff members to operate proficiently in. Software interface is minimal and easy to navigate.

Contras:

Inventory reports are difficult to customize, but can be done by calling/emailing Talech directly. Would like to see Talech improve in their report system with more features and user-customizable reports.

Volunteer Coordinator en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

4.0 hace 5 años

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

Contras:

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

judy
partner en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Not fully baked for a full service restaurant

3.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Can order from the table.

I like that the software utilizes iPads at table side, enabling orders to get entered and executed more rapidly than with a stationary POS.

Contras:

I don't like that it is not ready for use in restaurants, and that our training session was with someone who barely knew the basics of the software. There are so many features that are missing that are basic to restaurant utility. It is not solid like 2touch, the software we were using previously. We have had to struggle through problems, some of which have been addressed and fixed by the developers and some of which have not. Training was poor, and there's no manual, just isolated pages. After months we JUST learned that we can void a payment by swiping left on the payment. Perhaps there should be some visual clue to show this possibility. We are using EMV, and there's no way to swipe to start a tab for a customer. Even if it doesn't use the credit card for charging, being able to swipe to start a tab with the customer's information would be helpful in our busy bar. The chip readers and the iPads are daily becoming unsync'd (bluetooth) for no good reason and have to be re-sync'd. There is no way to schedule or send a daily emailed report at closing time, and there's no way to customize a report for our team. Comps have not been thought through. We were told to use house accounts, which did not work correctly for tax reasons, then told to use discounts, which we are now using. Party deposits have not been thought through. We were told to create a product and a discount for deposits, but will be using house accounts. There's more but I'm at limit.

Brian
IT en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 11-50 empleados

Worst customer support

3.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Software has worked fine. Support - worst I've dealt with. Some reps are helpful, most just want you off the phone.

Software is relatively simple to use. We're using it for a fast service, and it does quite well.

Contras:

The support is HORRIBLE. While they say they offer 24X7 support, pretty much every single call in has been told that it's 48 hours to get any resolution. Anything after hours is pretty much nothing. Something as simple as opening a seasonal store results in HOURS of getting passed around trying to figure out how to get it working. Having support cloning a menu between locations resulted in a completely messed up menu, and then we were told oh, nobody here can fix it until Monday. As if being completely down for the entire weekend is acceptable! With a POS system, it needs to work NOW. Not in 48 hours.

Katie
Owner/manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados

Mixed Satisfaction

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Contras:

It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

hace 6 años

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Ginny
Founder, Head-Honcho Cashier & Litter Mediator en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

5.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Contras:

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

hace 6 años

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

Talech register using iPad

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

Contras:

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Deborah

Something Borrowed Review

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Like the software a lot because it's simple. Some things I'd like to see different is to have the refund button not so easy to hit it accidentally. Then for the online side it would be great to have more subtotaling of receipts by day in order to eliminate the hassle of downloading a report to reconcile with the bank deposits. It also seems to be geared toward restaurants. We are in the rental and floral business. Adding a module for these would be worth an up-charge if it's not too much.

Contras:

lack of reporting See other comment.

hace 6 años

Thanks for writing a review and being a customer, Deborah! We're so glad that overall you are pleased with the software. Thanks for sharing product feedback. I've passed this along to our product team. Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see for your business. It's great to hear from you.

Edouard Moyal
Restaurantes

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Comentarios: Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

Contras:

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

hace 6 años

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Archibald
Fuente de la reseña

pretty good but needs improvement

3.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

ease of use

Contras:

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

hace 6 años

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Cathy
Salon Owner en EE. UU.
Productos cosméticos, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Good product, exceptional customer support

5.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

All the options

Contras:

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

hace 6 años

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Lorna
Owner and Esthetician en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Technical support team are awesome

5.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

Contras:

To much extra stuff, we don't need Simplicity is better for older people

hace 6 años

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Shaheen

Lux Ave boutique

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Not a retail friendly

hace 6 años

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Camille
Owner/Operator en EE. UU.

User Friendly POS always making improvements

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others.
So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

hace 6 años

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.

Tenzing

Simply Simple!

5.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I started my business in Oct 2015 and Talech has been part of my small business. Being a start up there are always issues and problems coming up and Talech and Talech supports staff are always a click away and they even do follow ups. I'm sure I've racked up pretty high on call-ins for issues. Again, simply simple for anyone to use and with Talech Support staff that's one less headache I have to worry about. Business
Tibet Corner
Family owned Tibetan and Indian restaurant

Easy to use and learn and reports are awesome!!!

Contras:

I wish the software was available on iPhones!!!!! And additional devices are free/cheaper

hace 6 años

We're so thrilled to have you and Tibet Corner as a customer, Tenzing. Thank you for the review and for letting what you like and what you'd like to see. We've let the product team know about your request.

Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo

LEAF's 2 cents

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Talech is an innovative and great product. The fact that they are constantly making updates and changes to better serve their clients is what makes it really nice. The customer service is always polite and informative. I have worked with this product for a year now and I have had a overall great experience.

I like the ever changing aspect. The fact that I can give feedback and they will take it into account is wonderful.

Contras:

I think the only thing I do not like is that there are some features that older inventory systems have that telech is still working on.

hace 6 años

Thanks for the review and for being a talech customer, Chris. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with product and customer service. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Kelli
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Ice cream parlor

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Ordered Talech for my ice cream parlor and in the shop it works fine. Back office capabilities are lacking. I cannot seem to easily grab the reports that are important to me but am usually able to piece things together to get what I need. Best of luck if your credit card machine goes down. You just don't know who to call.

Reporting capabilities

hace 6 años

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kelli. I have shared your feedback about back office features and reporting not being robust enough for you. We apologize for the recent processing outages. If you cannot get a hold of your processor, please reach out to us and we can help direct you to the right place. Please continue to share thoughts with us. Thank you for being a talech customer.