Great email marketing software for ecommerce!

Publicado el 9/8/2018
Marketing Director
Alimentación y bebidas, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: I've been using Klaviyo for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It helped me increase the proportion of monthly store revenue by email from 10% to 50% in under 6 months. It's easy to use, easy to integrate with Shopify, and provides awesome functionalities that any ecommerce store could need. Their automated flows (abandoned carts, thank you emails, welcome series) all work seamlessly. They have many email templates to choose from, but you an also create your own templates easily with their template builder. No need to know how to code. Another reason to love Klaviyo is their ability to segment your audience. It's so easy to segment your audience based on their activity and interaction with your website. For example, creating segments of customers who purchased product X but didn't purchase product Y, or customers who viewed a certain product page but didn't make a purchase. By having these segments you can send very targeted emails to them, upping conversion rates. Their support is also fabulous. They're very responsive via live chat and/or email, and really take their time to help you. I've asked them so many things, and every single time I've been given tremendous support. The final reason why Klaviyo is great, is its price point. Other email marketing software such as Hubspot may have more features, but the price is unbelievably high. For a small business like ours where every penny makes a difference, we are so grateful for Klaviyo's prices.

Contras: I love Klaviyo, but what I wish they had is more features. Although, this makes sense because they offer everything at a lower price point than say, Hubspot. Many things are in the works though - I'm constantly in conversation with the support team, and they tell me that sophisticated features are in the works! Despite not having the most features in the email marketing world, this has never been a problem and has never deterred us from getting a lot of revenue from email marketing.

Klaviyo

Publicado el 20/5/2019
Carlos G.
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Puntos a favor: This is probably the best platform for email marketing I have ever tried. Well, I use it for my online store in order to send twice a week week newsletters to my customers' inboxes. Besides the multiple options that Klaviyo has, which makes it easy to give life to any pattern / combination of emails possibly out there, pricing is really fair, and they count with a free plan as well. Designing is also easy. I have fulfilled all my expectations when it was the time to create emails to be sent to customers. Something that I really like is the local time for delivering emails because sometimes customers have different time zones; if email is supposed to arrive at 9AM, then it would arrive at that time (for customers). Also, I have to mention the extense documentation that Klaviyo has. Customer service is through email, but they always answer back to you in as soon as 2 hours or less.

Contras: They could make pricing a little more advantageous for their clients.

The best email solution for ecommerce

Publicado el 5/12/2016
Hjalte R.
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Klaviyo is hands down the BEST solution for any serious ecommerce shop. If you are using shopify, there is no question, that Klavio is the way to go. Want to only send an email to people who bought widget a, but not widget B and haven't made a purchase in 3 months? No problem, with Klaviyo, you can easily do that. What about people who have made a purchase in the last 7 days, and have also spent more than $500 on your site... and not purchased widget c? Not a problem. How about targeting those exact audiences on facebook? Again, it's as easy as clicking a button. Klaviyo can sync all your segments with facebook. The only not-so-great thing about Klaviyo, is that it has a slightly steeper learning curve than your usual just-getting-started email service. But the support is great and they have some awesome templates to help you get started. I could go on and on about how amazing Klaviyo is, but instead I'll just say this: If you have an ecommerce store, you owe it to yourself to test out klaviyo. I am glad I did (and so are my wallet ;)

Puntos a favor: Can do pretty much everything, when it comes to email marketing.

Contras: It takes a little longer to get used to. With advanced features come a steeper learning curve.

Best ecommerce autoresponder out there

Publicado el 26/8/2019
Craige hardel -.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: My go to solution for ecommerce clients. It has automation ,good templates and everything else

Puntos a favor: Robust features that just work. It's a bit getting used to but you can do most of what you want with them Really good templates for those starting out and experienced as well

Contras: Their onboarding process could be easier They have tutorials but they're fuzzy and should be made available with webinars being an option.

Best E-come Email Software

Publicado el 15/5/2019
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Love Klaviyo. I've tried a few different email softwares in the past, including Mailchimp and GetResponse. Both of those softwares were a let down and didn't allow for the customization and integratino that I was looking for. Klaviyo has an AMAZING integration with Shopify. Makes my life so much easier. It also integrates with FB ads, which is a huge plus. Creating flows in Klaviyo is very simple, I have been able to create sophisticated flows with minimal stress and effort.

Contras: The only con I was going to mention was lack of a visual email flow tool, but they added that in the past 6 months, so I'm kind of stumped. It's a great tool. The only bad thing about it may be that it's more expensive, but I find it to be worth the cost.

Valuable and powerful email automation and marketing

Publicado el 7/8/2019
Stuart W.
Digital Marketing Manager
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Fairly easy to use, lots of features and the ability to sync custom audiences to Facebook. The platform is always improving with extra features such as CLV data and creating back in stock emails recently as an example.

Contras: Creating automated campaigns (known as flows) is a bit clunky, especially when editing a campaign there's chances to delete things and mess the entire campaign up and you really need to plan ahead what you are doing because of this. You can duplicate the campaign though before making such edits.

Klaviyo is user friendly for first timers to email marketing & their customer service is outstanding

Publicado el 28/4/2017
Jessamin J.
Ropa y moda, Trabajador autónomo
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Well I am building my subscriber list which they say is super important for the growth of my company. I know that I will see the benefits and fruits of that they longer I do it. I am so new at it now. But I feel like I am pro by using this software which gives me confidence that I can do this!

Puntos a favor: There are so many things to like about Klaviyo! When first starting out I had no clue what I was doing. I really appreciated that they had all the basic emails already outlined for me. It made it so much easier for me. All I had to do was go in and change words and insert images if I wanted. I like the options that I can either use a template with HTML or just a simple text email and they have so many template options! I like that the whole process is guided and really easy to use. I don't ever have to worry if my emails are going to be sent or not. I love that they keep your customer in mind and they have a system in place to where they are not inundated with emails from you. They have a checklist to make sure that you got all the essentials in there before you send out an email and they will remind you if you didn't do something like use any links! I feel safeguarded from sending out a sub par email. I also love the analytics so I can see who has opened the email, clicked on links, made a purchase. And to top it all of they have amazing customer service. Have loved my experience with Klaviyo!

Contras: The only thing I can think of is the fine print at the bottom of emails with all the manage preferences, mailing address, unsubscribe copyright info etc I had to kind of put together myself. Which is not a big deal at all but it would be nice to have that as an included template. Also not sure how to manually send a campaign to someone new to my newsletter. Have to manually do that. It only sends the campaign to those currently on my newsletter but not future subscribers within a certain time frame.

BEST EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE EVER!!

Publicado el 8/10/2019
Digital Marketing Manager
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: The best email marketing software - ever. It's hands down my favorite- and I've used the whole gammett of email marketing softwares. The ability to customize flows with purchase history, SKU's, behaviors is simple and straightforward. Extremely user friendly software.

Puntos a favor: First of all, the customer support is hands down the best customer support ever. They will get down to the nitty gritty and resolve your problems for you, while being patient, helpful and kind. There's also so many softwares this can get integrated into that I love the flexibility of it.

Contras: Honestly, I have absolutely no complaints about this software. The technology is the best for the price point, customer service rocks, and its so user friendly - i have confidence that anyone could learn email marketing automation simply with this platform!

This is great software

Publicado el 17/5/2019
Front-end Developer
Productos cosméticos, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We moved from Klaviyo to Mailchimp because of Klaviyo's user interface and ability to create segments to target pretty much any specific audience from our lists that we desire. I also enjoy the customer information Klaviyo collects and makes available in terms of how frequently they order, their churn risk and overall value to the company. It's great!

Puntos a favor: It integrates with a lot of CMS services/softwares, it's easy to use, it's versatile, and Klaviyo is a great company

Contras: I guess it could be a little cheaper, but I believe you get what you pay for.

Klaviyo is a great Email platform for E-commerce companies

Publicado el 25/2/2019
Co-Founder, Head of Operations, Logistics, & Technology
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Changing to Klaviyo was one of the best decisions we did. Our team was able to integrate with it quickly. It is very well documented. Its API allows us to also pass over information from other tools we use. My team is very happy with this platform and has no intention of moving away.

Puntos a favor: The platform is built for E-commerce. It offers out of the box integration with Shopify and other marketing platforms. The platform is easy to use and understand, but still had powerful features that can allow any customization. Its customer support team was great when we were migrating from Mailchimp. It has plugins that connect it to other tools such as Facebook, Zapier.

Contras: Some of its features can be buggy at times. I sometimes get random error messages with our Facebook implementation.

Easy to use

Publicado el 13/11/2019
Kathy P.
ceo
Bienes de consumo, Trabajador autónomo
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Overall, Klaviyo is what every business owner needs for their business. Every business owner I know have switched over to this platform because it's that great.

Puntos a favor: With Klaviyo it's very easy to use this software. I have tried other platforms in the past and was a little discouraged because I could not figure them out and it was too many steps, but when I found Klaviyo, it all changed. Everything just came together and I think a lot of it had to do with things being automatically set up, you just have to make your edits. For example, the flows, all you have to do is edit the information with yours and a few tweaks as to how you want it delivered and that's it.

Contras: There is nothing not to like about Klaviyo and if there is, I have yet to find it. I am a novice at email marketing and this clicked for me as soon as I logged into the platform.

It's as if I had the budget to hire a person to manage my email marketing strategy + implementation

Publicado el 6/12/2016
Cara R.
eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Before Klaviyo: The newsletters got written eventually but clumsily, and not as often as I'd like. Follow-ups, re-engagement campaigns, customer win backs, cart and browse abandonment were either 1) not a thing or 2) a dry affair automated without the addition of rules to secure the right audience. Klaviyo changed everything, we are now rocking and rolling on a new level. We have been able to attribute our newsletter to several big sales, and customer win-back campaigns are working based on the sales data as well. I had no visibility to who was responding favorably and to what content because I could not get the budget for a large MAP. This platform is affordable for relatively small marketing budgets, yet very powerful, so far. It's as if I had the budget to hire a person to manage my entire non-transactional email marketing strategy and implementation. I do wish they could take over transactional emails from BigCommerce - who butchers the process, but the sales rep said they cannot do that right now.

Puntos a favor: I'd say so far I like the rules setup the best, segmenting my flows and campaigns to make sure I'm only hitting up people who 1) are interested in what I have to say right now, 2) Are the right audience for my current message/in-store sale announcement, etc and/or 3) Have not heard a similar message anytime recently. My other favorite is the easy integrations with other apps I'm using to manage my eCommerce and Digital marketing systems.

Contras: No overall CTR metric available (only per-campaign), nor a metric for open-rate stats across all campaigns/flows. Needing more training to intuit the analytics panel and some features but they do not have phone training available, I've been using it for about two months now, and I have a few blind spots that I cannot intuit from the interface, which is now a problem for me. They answered what they could via email.

So user-friendly!

Publicado el 9/8/2019
Marketing Coordinator
Artículos deportivos, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: This product is incredibly user friendly. I can't say enough good things about it and I have gone out of my way to recommend it to people.

Contras: Nothing. Everything from customer service to user experience is absolutely stellar.

Marketing Automation with support and deliverability concerns

Publicado el 9/12/2016
Jeremy R.
CTO
Productos cosméticos, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: In August 2015... I was convinced I needed a better email marketing solution with automation. Klaviyo is/was much more expensive than other basic email services (MailChimp, getResponse, AWeber) but the marketing automation was arguably a great investment with good ROI. I integrated K with my site (Americommerce) and discovered that the only way to make K to work was via middleware, "CartSync" which cost about $100/month. It was imperfect. Bare minimum metrics. Marginally useful. I accepted the limitations and launched. Klaviyo support manager's exact words to me were, "Why don't you move to Shopify?" Those words resonated... 10 weeks later when I decided to actually replatform to Shopify, getting Klaviyo support to answer a basic question was a frustrating experience. K support earned a reputation as only slightly better than useless. Then there was the "integration disconnect" bug -- the connector to my Shopify store was shut off by Klaviyo, without notification -- ah, but there was an email -- sent by a spammy server (non-transactional) that never saw the light of day. We learned that K was sending TRANSACTIONAL EMAILS from a marketing server. And this email was getting flagged as spam by many mail servers. In the mean time, I was a presenter at am ecommerce conference and when I asked who used Klaviyo, many raised their hand... then I asked, "is anyone satisfied with Klaviyo support?" -- the room's reaction caused the Klaviyo rep in the room to text his management team - and before the end of the session we were told K was hiring 4 new support reps. SO the consensus was:
Klaviyo usually works great
Klaviyo has lousy support
Klaviyo is relatively expensive as your customer list grows
Klaviyo is very powerful.
But Klaviyo *had* an issue with their email hitting a spam RBL... When I went to send a preview email for a campaign, it was flagged as spam. When I tried sending Klaviyo subscribe emails from 10 different stores that I knew to use Klaviyo, they all went to SPAM. I was able to get Klaviyo removed from the offending RBL - but until a call from Klaviyo's director of product at T+30 hours, the silence from Klaviyo was deafening. Then Cyber Monday's failure... I'm still a K customer for today, but I will probably not be a customer in 60 days. I still think the product is amazing, but no-confidence in deliverability and the history of limited support forced me to seek an alternative.

Puntos a favor: Incredibly powerful rules and automation flows. SUPER TIGHT integration with Shopify.

Contras: Deliverability is a concern. Support is slow to respond.

Quality email marketing

Publicado el 16/7/2019
Pressident
Tabaco, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: I liked the template editor and it's ability to truly customize what users could design. Most of the templates were useable with some modifications.

Contras: We found more than one case where our HTML templates did not line up with the plain-text emails that were being sent by Klaviyo. This may have been because we replicated campaigns but it would be useful if Klaviyo re-ran the plain-text generator every time a new campaign is being sent. We use OpenCart 2 which Klaviyo hasn't offered an integration for (they have an integration for OpenCart v1.x).

Klaviyo review

Publicado el 29/8/2019
Ecommerce Business Owner
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Klaviyo helped me to raise the average lifetime value of my customers by offering a very good email platform.

Puntos a favor: It is very intuitive and it's very easy to customize emails.
They have a lot of great templates that you can use to make great emails very fast.
It's great for ecommerce.
The open rates were very high with this software.

Contras: It was quite pricey compared to the competition.

Freakin Love Klaviyo

Publicado el 17/11/2016
Sean K.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I transitioned to klaviyo from another popular email marketing platform for my shopify store and the difference is like night and day.
Klaviyo smashes it!
Benefits:
Klaviyo integrates seamlessly with Shopify.
It has a simple "Getting Started" process that's included and doesn't cost a bucket load of extra money to understand how to use the platform.
It has amazing tracking and analytics that are easy to understand and help you see where you are converting sales and where you need to improve.
The drag and drop editor is awesome and the segmenting rules you can create for email flows is amazing.
It integrates seamlessly with SumoMe.
It basically does everything I need and has shown me things I didn't even know I could do to improve my business.
I Love It!
The only negative, it would be awesome if they had easy access to telephone support or live chat. The support is good via email but I like immediate support and the ability to chat live.

Puntos a favor: Mentioned in my review comment

Contras: Mentioned in my review comment

Good for the startup

Publicado el 6/2/2018
Kelly R.
Designer
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Very easy to use, liked it!

Puntos a favor: Klaviyo is really simple to use. The interface takes some time to get used to but there's not much to it so you get the hang of it pretty quick. You can drag and drop images within the template so there's no coding required. This makes it simple for the small business that can't afford to hire a programmer.

Contras: As your company grows it becomes a little too basic. Other larger platforms offer many more features and a more professional/knowledgable staff to help with marketing strategy. There are also times when the mobile preview does not render emails properly. For example, it will show two stacked images in the previewer but when you actually send yourself a test of the email the pieces are not stacked on mobile. Other than that, there isn't too much that I dislike. It's just easy to grow out of.

Integrated from Mailchimp, so far so good

Publicado el 21/5/2019
Danielle D.
Director of E-Commerce
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We have gotten our email marketing revenue from just 2% of our business to closer to 11% I am really happy with this, and feel it will really help us realize our goals. It seems really easy to grow and list clean with it as well.

Puntos a favor: I love that I can set up these great flows to winback customers, and offer discounts. It links really easily with Shopify, and we were up and running really quickly. I like the layout and UX of the platform a lot.

Contras: Sometimes I have emails that do not get delivered and it is a difficult to know why this happens here and there, but my customer success manager has addressed this with me.

Great E-mail Marketing and CRM Software

Publicado el 21/2/2019
Andrea S.
Web Developer / IT
Marketing y publicidad, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Klaviyo allows us to better target customers that were big spenders or seasonal purchasers. This helped us create campaigns that catered to them and convert sales.

Puntos a favor: Klaviyo combines your store data (like customer information) and lets you build e-mail campaigns that are smart. They have automation tools to make sending easy. The amount of options that you can match on with an individual lets you create very unique campaigns to specific types of customers.

Contras: There is a learning curve. The number of options you have when creating flows and using logic statements can be daunting. However, their customer service is superb and have helped me every time I had a question.

Klaviyo is like Mailchimp for Ecommerce. On steroids.

Publicado el 9/6/2017
Lucas W.
Ropa y moda, Trabajador autónomo
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: More, free traffic coming from Email. Social Media is cool, we get it. They have live videos and stuff. But where will Instagram be in 2 years, what about Pinterest/Snapchat etc? You'll never know. Your Email list, however, is here to stay. Klaviyo will help you nurture it and make the most out of it.

Puntos a favor: I think their product recommendation of products is very good. We all know the value of retargeting and with Klaviyo you can show either your most popular products in your weekly or daily emails or you can even show personalised product recommendations. This will result in higher open rates and CTRs in the long run. Give it a try and see for yourself, it's a powerful tool. I also love the email flows, once you set them up (I upgraded from the free Mailchimp version) you'll see a lot more (practically free) traffic coming from Email to your shop. All in all a great service, you'll see an uplift very quickly. last but not least: I LOVE it that they're constantly improving it further (latest addition are customised coupons for every user)

Contras: the management of profiles and users can be a bit tricky although you'll quickly grasp what it is all about.

This is THE best ESP for e-commerce and beyond

Publicado el 9/8/2019
Caitlin D.
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo

Comentarios: I can't say enough good things about Klaviyo

Puntos a favor: If you're looking for a powerful, intuitive, and revenue-driving email service provider, go with Klaviyo. It has tons of features, but is easy to learn, even for a beginner. And, their support team is awesome. From creating flows to segmenting your list, Klaviyo can do it all.

Contras: No complaints! Some features are a bit confusing, but that's to be expected with that level of power.

Simplified ESP with all the necessary integrations! Great segmenting and amazing customer service!

Publicado el 27/6/2017
Jodie O.
Director of Marketing
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Easy to automate our email campaigns, and very detailed breakdowns of campaign performance as well as contacts. We have been able to narrow down our subscriber list to the most loyal and our least loyal customers, as well as create campaigns to drive traffic back to our website based on analytics within Klaviyo.

Puntos a favor: Their basic templates are a no-frills way to make sure you're taking full advantage of your email lists. With automation as well as blast sending capabilities, plus outstanding customer service skills - seriously, I email our rep and get responses within minutes - it's a no brainer, especially if you're working with a smaller email list.

Contras: The ability to design and utilize HTML based templates is a bit shotty. The web-forms feature can be difficult to understand - different forms send to lists vs segments, flows.

Nice for Emailing Lots of People

Publicado el 14/4/2017
Jonathan M.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing y publicidad, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I've been using Klaviyo for a little while now, and it's pretty nice for emailing, especially if you have a decent sized list. It's simple to create templates, and they're almost constantly adding new features to improve the platform. Customer Service is great, too.
I wish the data reporting had an easier way to see custom info from the dashboard, but other than that it's great!

Puntos a favor: It's easy and simple to use, they have tons of resources and helpful tips to improve the efficacy of marketing efforts, and have stellar customer service. They are also constantly adding new features that are pretty sweet.

Contras: the reporting options could be a little more user friendly, like being able to set custom date ranges from the dashboard would be really nice to have.

Easier to set up than Mailchimp and insanely more powerful

Publicado el 16/12/2016
Aaron J.
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I started with Mailchimp and l liked it, but I couldn't get the segmentation that I wanted for my Shopify store. We were just launching our new store and I didn't have the time to switch and set up a new email system, but wow...it was so simple. I blocked half a day and I had it mostly set within 2 hours! Abandoned cart sequence, welcome sequence, repeat purchase thank you sequence. All will easy A/B test set up. Plus it automatically set up segmentations based on spending. My favorite part is the activity feed which tracks all of you customers activities and you can quickly sort to see who has opened an email, who has been active on the site, clicked links, etc... I am no marketing expert and this has made it so simple. I cannot recommend them enough. I experimented with Convertkit and Mailchimp and Klaviyo is hands down the best for e-commerce!

Puntos a favor: Dead simple to set up.
Intuitive Functionality
Powerful and dynamic list building and segmentation
Love the activity feed!
Great usage data

Contras: Email templates have a ton of drag and drop options, but it's not as easy to create good looking emails as mail chimp. if you aren't careful you can junk up your email design. There are a ton of options so it is more customizable than mail chimp and you can add dynamic product feeds based on Shopify info.