Sobre IDrive

Solución versátil que ofrece copias de seguridad para múltiples dispositivos, lo que incluye servidores y dispositivos móviles, a través de una sola cuenta.

Descubre más sobre IDrive

It can be used across multiple platforms. It integrates well with multiple hardware, software and operating systems.

Valoraciones de IDrive

Relación calidad-precio
4.6

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.6/10

IDrive tiene una valoración global de 4.5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 310 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado IDrive antes?

Filtrar opiniones (310)

Richard T.
Richard T.
IT Business Growth Expert en RU
Software informático, 2-10 empleados

Easy to configure on a Synology NAS to backup to the Cloud

5 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: This was an excellent experience, from signing up to installing -- the whole process took hardly any time.

I loved the fact that there is a native app available for our Synology DS220+ NAS. This app made installing and backing up our data very simple.

Contras:

It's mildly irritating to have to login to iDrive from the Synology dashboard each time I visit the status page.

Greg G.
Photographer en RU
Fotografía, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

A backup platform that doesn't quite work as a cloud storage solution.

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: I've been wanting to back up my image archive for a few years now, after a few scary experiences with FreeNas and TrueNas. I'm just a small photo business with around 30TB of assets and yet the likes of Google and Amazon treat me like I'm Nasa and want to sell me enterprise-level solutions. I don't have time to wade through their incomprehensible marketing and no need for their features, just a little black box in the cloud that I can afford and grows with my needs. I was lured in to iCloud by the price and the size of the cloud storage allocation, which seems to be a very inflexible feature of cloud storage in general. Having said that, once my 10TB is used up, the website doesn't offer a way to expand, which sucks as I have more than 30TB I'd like to put in the cloud but nobody seems to want my money. Icloud is designed for backup so all its features want to mirror what's on your server / workstation.
It doesn't work very flexibly as a stand-alone cloud drive. You have to back things up and delete them, you can't just move files to the cloud like you can with pCloud. You can only restore files and they restore back in the same folder in the same directory. If you keep backing up and deleting, you end up with a cloud folder so big that it exceeds the size of the source drive.
It hasn't been very difficult to work around its design flaws. With a few tighter security controls, better online file management and a simple cloud drive feature, it would be a winner.

Good initial space allocation that is suited to the needs of content creators. Great price. Simple to use once set up.

Contras:

Designed for backup so all its features want to mirror what's on your server / workstation. It doesn't work very flexibly as a stand-alone cloud drive. You can't manage your files once in the cloud with the same flexibility as an OS. The website doesn't state how much the product costs after the introductory offer which I'm sure holds a lot of people back. There is no feature to expand storage on personal accounts beyond the original 10TB offered as of May 2022.

Patrick H.
Fotografía, Trabajador autónomo

Not Liking iDrive So Far

3 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: I have had this product for over a week, scheduled backups on the first day, and only today am actually backing anything up. This may prove to be a good service in the long run, but my initial impression is negative. A backup program should back up the files you tell it to, and if it fails during that process it should have features to alert you to this fact, rather than make you intuit it on your own.

I think the price is reasonable, and according to many reviews this is a solid, simple service to use. The install was fast and easy, and the setup (initially) seemed straightforward.

Contras:

My first frustration with the software was that it apparently doesn't do backups when a computer is not fully active. If you are trying to back up a laptop, this can make the schedule feature pointless, as there's no predictable time of day when you will definitely have your laptop open for hours at a stretch. iDrive seems to indicate that there is a feature that resumes paused backups, but I haven't seen any evidence of this - It may be happening, but there's no alert or status/progress update. My second frustration is that there was no indication during setup or scheduling that all files needed to be granted access centrally from my OS security manager. There were a couple of permissions windows that popped up more or less at random though, which led me to believe that this had been taken care of. In reality, none - not one- of my important files had been backing up. I had avoided using online backup for years, after dealing with convoluted/ineffective services before, and I'm disappointed that iDrive doesn't seem to be much of an improvement. My third frustration is that you apparently can't run a backup of the computer itself at the same time as you run one of any external drives. Thankfully I don't intend to do daily backups of my externals, or else that would seemingly mean keeping my laptop open and running for 12 or more hours every day.

Gary D.
Personal Use en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Good price for cloud backup and intuitive interface.

5 la semana pasada Nuevo

Comentarios: I was a little concerned because their introductory price seemed too good to be true… but the service is great and the current annual fee at renewal seems very reasonable.

I am paranoid about having everything backed up with redundancies. I save everything in a digital format— all of my old family photos have been scanned high res and fixed, family movies, legal and personal documents, my music, receipts, owner’s manuals, etc. The software interface is very intuitive and was easy to set up which folders I wanted backed up. The software seems to use less computer resources and CPU then other cloud service I have tried.

Contras:

No complaints. The software is efficient and intuitive.

Aaron B.
Aaron B.
Freelancer en EE. UU.
Servicios financieros, Trabajador autónomo

IDrive system backup/storage

5 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: It's been great. I really honestly have no complaints. I've been able to back up all of my existing cloud drives, my backup harddrives, my normal harddrive, my phone, literally everything fits onto this one cloud storage service and I still have room for more.

I can flash over my entire computer if I need to, my files are automatically kept up to date so I don't have to worry about losing anything ever, and I can put as many devices into my storage as I want. This means my phone, my laptop, my desktop, my work computer, all of it, all in one place. It's great.

Contras:

I'm not really one to hold back on my opinion of things, but I honestly can't find anything I really dislike about this product. I mean... maybe the time it took for the initial backup? Took over 12 hours to backup my entire computer worth of about 90gigs of files. But I can't really complain about that even, that seems just about fair since I was using my computer the entire time without any disruption to my normal functionality or speed.

Doreen S.
n/a en Nueva Zelanda

Alternativas consideradas:

Easy and affordable piece of mind

5 el mes pasado Nuevo

I got IDrive for personal use - I have an extensive family tree that I have been backing up locally but I wanted an off-site solution. I had used OneDrive but I hated it and switched it off. I really like the fact that I have total control over what gets backed up and when. I love that I can also back up my phone having recently had the horrible experience of losing photos on an sd card. It was very easy to install and to get up and running. Restoring files is straightforward and also gives me a lot of flexibility around how I share photos and videos from my phone. That was an unexpected bonus. The initial back-up took quite a long time, but it didn't seem excessive. The pricing seems very fair and there is a good range of choices.

Contras:

The mobile app isn't fabulous (I'm on Android) - I read the help text but couldn't select an individual file for restore. Not really a problem since I have access on my desktop.

Chris T.
Head of design en RU
Servicios financieros, 11-50 empleados

Straightforward online backup

5 hace 2 meses

iDrive is so easy to setup, and operate. I have multiple sources set yo backup on a schedule each night, and it has been fast and secure from the start. I love the email notifications after each backup job has completed, which gives me peace of mind tat everything is working as it should.

Contras:

I really do not have any problems with iDrive.

Sarah C.
Medios online, Trabajador autónomo

Can't get much better

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Easy to use and understand. Express Backup is a huge bonus!

Contras:

The only (slight) issue I've ran into so far was accessing the ExpressBackup drive once I received it. Had to allocate the drive using Disk Management before my computer was able to recognize it

Glynis S.
CEO en EE. UU.
Seguros, 2-10 empleados

Dive In with Confidence

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: We now have a secure backup system that gives a peace of mind for the most important component of our business, client data.

As our first Cloud type backup system ever used, the process was comfortably easy. The ability to see the upload begin after 2 steps, was a good indicator of much desired user friendliness.

Contras:

As the process was generally unfamiliar, a few reviews of the instructions yielded clarity. The backup began and reran without much notification. There were no major disappointments.

Rosie B.
Rosie B.
Technical Support Specialist en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 10,000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

It is important to have more than two disaster protection software.

4 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: We are using various disaster protection software in different areas to ensure security and business continuity, this additional data backup is appropriate to create an additional layer of business security.

This is a disaster protection service with very good features and easy to implement, having another backup of our data in. Theaters mobile and desktop devices is fantastic, this backup service is packed with robust and reliable data encryption features, it also takes care of connectivity to all devices to improve security.

Contras:

I consider Idrive to be a bit fragile for large-scale implementations, it is not the most suitable for large companies, but it can be used in specific areas to improve security.

Gene D.
IT Consultant en Filipinas
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

iDrive is Everything I'm Looking For and More

4 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: As for iDrive itself, I never had problems about reliability. It was just recently when I had issues logging in and had unnecessary back and forth with customer support. However, as for Drive itself, it comes highly recommended and I strongly vouch for it. It works as described and your backups are guaranteed safe. I just hope they fix their customer support response times and I hope I get better answers next time. That's my only qualms about this product. However, Customer Support is a vital aspect of any business so they should do something to address it (based on my experiences).

The most important factor for me is reliability and security and iDrive excels in both. I never had major issues using it as it is the set-and-forget kind of tool. Additionally, my Synology NAS has a native application for it so that I'm able to backup NAS data securely and without any fuss. It's as easy as it gets.

Contras:

I never had problems with it until recently I had to send emails to customer support because of two issues. First, there had been issues with upload speed. Secondly, I'm having problems with my account being inaccessible on my NAS but otherwise works when outside of it (my NAS device). I've reported it to customer support but I had to do 2nd or even a 3rd follow up just to get a reply. I never had issues before so I didn't really know the customer support response time. And when I got a reply, it was confusing and I had to explain again. It was disappointing to be honest. So I just stopped. I just noticed that my account was suddenly accessible again and my backup jobs have been reset. I don't know what happened but definitely they did something on their end. However, just minutes prior to doing this review, I checked and I don't have access again on one of my NAS devices. But I'm able to log in on the other NAS and on my browsers on my other devices. I will send an email to CS to ask what's happening.

Gerald W.
president en Canadá

Excellent backup program

4 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Backups are crucial. Idrive does it well for a very competitive cost and good support. It takes a bit of time to set and learn its functions up but once working, it basically takes care of itself. It's a good program at a good price.

For years I've used Onedrive but also use Idrive for extra security. One aspect of Idrive I like is that you can do both local and cloud backups. I have external hard drives connected to my two computers and having a physical backup is an extra layer of security that is important. Also, a full restore of a crashed hard drive can take days to do online but probably less than an hour from a local backup. Idrive has very robust phone and chat support. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for help. Onedrive only has email support which is usually nowhere as useful as having someone to troubleshoot with in the moment. When installing Idrive on a new computer I used the chat service to get some info. The next day I got a got a call from a human asking if everything was working well. That's excellent service. Idrive also has a sync function, which can operate like a cloud sync service like Onedrive. I don't use the sync service as I have Onedrive but if you want to use just one cloud sync/backup service, Idrive has it all in one package. Idrive also retains all deleted files forever which is an extra layer of security and beats Onedrive by a mile which permanently deletes recycled files after 30 days. I first got Idrive on a promotion: $1 for 5 Tb for one year. You can't beat that anywhere. They have good promotions for the first year which, if amortized, decreases the cost for subsequent years. Idrive really is an excellent value.

Contras:

The Idrive interface has a bit of an old fashioned look and setting it up for the first time is less intuitive than it should be. That's where excellent support comes in. But once you figure it out and select the folders to backup, it basically works in the background and can be left alone, for years if necessary without intervention. I did need to contact support to figure out how to backup Outlook files. That's been my only hiccup with the program.

David M.
SystemsArchitect en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo

IDrive for Business

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have been able to restore data on the fly in the event of a hardware failure to any registered device quickly. This has turned out to be the best feature.

Data is encrypted for security is critical. The cross platform support makes it ideal for Windows, Mac OSX, and Apple phones and tablets.

Contras:

The feature missing that I would want the most is continuous backup. The scheduler allows a daily, and weekly backup and hourly backup only.

Chris N.
Chris N.
Quality Analyst en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10,000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Inexpensive online backup with extra features

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Idrive is my sole online backup, it also has a ton of other features that I have found useful. File sharing, phone photo backup and sharing, a dropbox like file synchronization. It seems like every time I check there are more features added.

The online backup, once you have it uploaded, works very well. It can be slow to upload large amounts of files to start but I use Idrive express (free) which really speeds up priming the pump. Rather than uploading 800 gb in file backups and 1.2tb in image backups, they send a hard drive, you fill it up directly from your devices and then ship it back at no additional cost. Once they receive it they put it online and you can sync your online backup and it will add the files created in the meantime. Much less bandwidth needed, and everything is encrypted in case the drive ends up lost en-route home.

Contras:

Image backup takes significantly longer than regular image backup software. not something that would be tolerable as a standalone solution.

Ronald R.
Partner en EE. UU.
Práctica de la abogacía, 2-10 empleados

Great Backup System

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Great system, no intent to ever change.

Great product, well priced, runs in background without using a lot of resources, real time backup, very fast to download files.

Contras:

Searching is a little difficult, but not much. Desktop version sometimes doesn't work for downloading but the on-line version is faster anyways.

Alisa P.
Manager en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy cloud backup for personal or small business use

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: IDrive is an economical way to provide cloud backup as a "last resort" back up against ransomeware attacks. For my use and the use of my clients, it is easy to install, easy to use, and provides a free means of seeding large back ups. I did need to use it on a Linux (Ubuntu) system. I am learning Linux and found that using their Linux option required a fair amount of research to get it working. However, once I had installed all the requisite free software to make it work, I discovered that the online interface was easy to use.

One account could back up data from multiple computers. The price was lower because this solution did not include extra services that, in this instance, were extraneous to my and my clients needs.

Contras:

Idrive states that it is compatible with Linux. It is, however, there is no program to install, only a series of Perl scripts. I am not super familiar with Linux and it took a couple hours and research to get this functionality working. Once that investment was complete, it worked very well fron the web interface.

Thomas O.
Senior Software Engineer en EE. UU.
Software informático, 2-10 empleados

Amazing alternative to Google One and Microsoft 365

5 hace 2 meses

In searching for an online backup solution for my home network, I needed something that could scale for my terabytes of personal data that I need cloud storage and backup options for. Google One and Microsoft 365 both quickly become out-priced when you scale beyond 1-2TB. I have multiple hard drives for local backups, but cloud backup is still necessary for true peace of mind. With iDrive, I can backup every device (computers, phones, and tablets) in a way comparable and competitive with the big names without breaking the bank.

Contras:

Because I can backup my phone photos and pictures at full quality (4k +), I very quickly exceeded the free basic tier in testing out the product.

Marshall S.
Program Manager en EE. UU.
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

IDrive works great for me

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: great

cost and customer service

Contras:

Would like better help info related to parameter selection options

Paul B.
Project Manager en RU
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 501-1,000 empleados

Capable and reliable

4 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I used I drive some years ago but had reliability issues and so switched to another product until their offering was withdrawn, so I tried iDrive again and found that the issues I experienced before had been addressed. Having used it for 3 years now I have not changed my opinion. It’s feature set is modest and adequate, but somewhat lacking for the local backup option, which should be viewed as something of a bonus, rather than a reason to purchase.

Simple to use, pretty good configuration options, ability to backup locally and to cloud, competitive pricing.

Contras:

Inability to manage local backups ( sync deletions) which can be done in cloud.

Ruth C.
Student en RU
Administración educativa, Trabajador autónomo

Have faith in iDrive

4 hace 6 días Nuevo

Comentarios: The customer service has been great and I have appreciated al the tutorials on how to use it properly.

Whilst it takes a while to get used to the features which are not as user friendly or intuitive as other storage solutions, you can definitely have faith in the security and robustness of iDrive.

Contras:

The need for manual removal of files in cloud storage when they have been deleted from your machine is a real pain. I keep forgetting to do this which results in taking me over my quota.

Allen C.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo

Best Cloud Backup in industry, highly recommend

5 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Being able to provide my clients with an outstanding cloud backup solutions for their workstations, laptops, servers, and home systems

Ability to install on unlimited computers (Personal plan), backs up video files by default, ability to backup unlimited external USB/flash drives, bandwidth throttling ability, ability to backup multiple versions of individual files, ability to backup SQL database, ability to backup to both cloud servers and local storage destination (i.e external hard drive), ability to retain all files that have been deleted from the hard drive for unlimited time period, ease of installation, ability to install on both PC and Mac, ability to install on mobile phones

Contras:

Recent change where no longer able to select Dropbox folder or .ost (Exchange cached data file) in hidden Outlook folder location in the Appdata folder in Windows, but understand there is probably a good reason this decision was made whether its bandwidth related or reliability of backing up a massive constantly open and changing .ost file - so totally understandable. However, would be really tremendous if there was some way to be able to select the Outlook folder (in the Appdata folder) or .ost files for backup like before

Ben W.
Graphic and Web Designer en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Great free version with 5GB of online storage and full control, but customer service needs work.

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: 5GB of online backup and unlimited local backup (depending on drive size) for free! Great experience overall, especially when compared to other online backup options.

The free 5GB option is much better than a 30-day trial like some other online backup providers offer. I constantly get offers from IDrive to upgrade to a paid version but I know I will upgrade when I need more than 5GB of online storage. The local backup option is also great since you're only limited by the space of the of an external or mapped hard drive and it's included in the free version. Full control over what exact files are backed up and/or restored. Some programs force you to backup the entire C drive or only allow certain folders to backup. Easy to use interface with simple controls for the things you do most. The program is very straightforward and self-explanatory with little to no learning curve.

Contras:

Customer service was difficult to work with when a backup error occurred. They claimed the backup was failing due to the 5GB quota being reached and that I needed to upgrade to solve the problem. After finally convincing them that I was only using 75% of the 5GB, it turns out I just had to reinstall the desktop app to solve the issue. With this kind of support for something as important as backing up critical files, it makes me question the overall reliabilty of IDrive altogether. As simple and easy to use the interface can be, it sometimes feels a bit limiting as far as the options it gives you. It would be nice to be able to switch to an "advanced mode" with more options like more detailed backup logs that explain exactly what is happening to your files and why they aren't being backed up if there's an issue.

Trey M.
Senior Developer en EE. UU.
Desarrollo de programas, Trabajador autónomo

Current Best Value in Cloud Storage Backup

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: iDrive is a great backup solution for individual personal use. I'm hopeful that more family-focused support will be added but it's hard to say when or if that will ever be done.

The amount of storage space included was the primary selling point. I wanted to be able to backup my entire OneDrive (1TB) and my personal NAS (2TB) and finding anything reasonably priced that could accomodate that wasn't easy. iDrive offers 5TB of cloud backup storage which is perfect for my current needs.

Contras:

The ability to add additional user accounts and grant them permissions to backups would be nice. You have the ability to share links with other users but it's only valid for up to 30 days. If I want to share a link with friends/family to be able to access something I don't want to have to send them a new link every month for no reason. iDrive should support non-expiring links or if that's not something they plan on doing then giving users the ability to add other accounts and optionally assign access restrictions at the backup, directory, and file scope would be preferred. Even if you have to charge more for a "family" account, it's something that I think is really holding iDrive back and the only thing I could see myself changing backup providers for if someone else implemented it properly.

Dustin Y.
Self en EE. UU.

Great Backup Tool!

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have not had any issues with the software and I used it for free for a year and I decided to purchase it because its a lot cheaper than most other backups and with more storage. I love having this and its very easy to access from anywhere.

What I like the most about iDrive is that you can set a backup schedule and it runs without interrupting. My computers back up at around 8pm on a daily basis so I know all of my important files are always safe. I can set many devices and computers to backup as separate backups so nothing gets replaced on accident.

Contras:

Sometimes its kind of hard and slow to restore files if you have reformatted or need to restore, but overall its not bad.

VP of Technology en EE. UU.
Logística y cadena de suministro, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Worked great for a long time, then minor issues

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Technical support was very responsive when I needed assistance. The cost of the product was very reasonable for the great features the software has.

This product was very easy to set up. We had it set to back up our server data on a daily basis. I liked that it emailed me a report of the backup status when it completed, or if it had errors. The emails were very easy to figure out if files were unable to backup. We were able to select or deselect which folders to backup very easily. The restore process worked flawlessly and was simple to do.

Contras:

When we upgraded our server to Microsoft Server 2019, the backup job would randomly hang during the nightly job. The only way to get the job to complete was to restart the server. I worked with support for a long time on this issue and we were unable to figure out the problem, so I discontinued this backup solution.