Opiniones de Katana Manufacturing ERP

Sobre Katana Manufacturing ERP

Aplicación de gestión de inventarios y producción simple y visual creada para fabricantes, artesanos y empresas manufactureras que venden en línea (por ejemplo, Shopify).

Descubre más sobre Katana Manufacturing ERP

Connects to Shopify and updates automatically. Amazing customer support.

Contras:

If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.

Valoraciones de Katana Manufacturing ERP

Relación calidad-precio
4.6

Probabilidad de recomendación

9.0/10

Katana Manufacturing ERP tiene una valoración global de 4.7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 142 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Katana Manufacturing ERP antes?

Filtrar opiniones (142)

Estudiante de programación en España
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

Katana - Gestión de inventarios

4.0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: En general, es una buena aplicación para poder gestionar de forma rápida y más automática todo lo relacionado a los inventarios. Es sencilla de usar y es perfecta para pequeñas y medianas empresas.

Este software, ayuda a las empresas a optimizar su gestión de inventario, ya sea en relación a la fabricación, el almacén, las ventas o las compras. Su sistema está en la nube y posee una gestión de inventario a tiempo real.

Contras:

Creo que tiene un precio elevado y existen otras aplicaciones más económicas que hacen el mismo uso.

Joshua
Joshua
Almacenamiento, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

The best for small manufacturing

5.0 hace 3 años

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Contras:

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

hace 3 años

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Jared
Jared
VP Operations en EE. UU.
Producción de alimentos, 2-10 empleados

The MRP system I wish I'd always had

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Katana's awesome, full stop. I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad. Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great. Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

- It's really easy to use - Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc - Calculates margin including labor cost - Xero integration works perfectly - Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint - Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

Contras:

It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

Mary Ellen
ecommerce manager en EE. UU.

It's a good start

4.0 hace 2 meses

We like having the ability to make manufacture orders so everyone involved can see what's been planned and when it's due. The ability to prioritize orders is very helpful for assigning inventory.

Contras:

Identifying products that are ready to ship on each order is cumbersome. Our customer service team has to click individually into each order to see if any items are ready to ship. There's no way to easily flip to the next order. You have to close that window & click on the next order. It would be nice if you could at least toggle between orders within an order window. We'd also love to see some kind of drop down or hover-over feature that would quickly show you if partial shipments are available.

Daniel
Managing Director en RU
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Promised so much delivered far short of what we hoped

3.0 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: Disappointed. They are pretending this software is the best thing since sliced bread and its more like a stale baguette.

It works on a basic level for stock management and also bills of materials.

Contras:

It fails to have any sort of calender or gantt chart. It also fails terribly with time planning/recording of how long a task can take. For example you can't even put into the system that you start your working day at half past the hour only full hours are allowed. Further to the time planning side you can not block out time for holidays or meetings. Making this software useless to plan your time and give acreate lead times to customers.

hace 11 meses

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving on the points of time planning and will be ready with better capabilities in the coming months already.

Jason
Account Manager en EE. UU.
Contabilidad, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Katana is Great for small business

4.0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Its easy to use, our warehouse knows exactly what to do and when which is great. Ordering is relatively easy so from an inventory standpoint I think its great. I think there is a lot of room for improvement in basically every other facet this software says it can deliver.

Its easy to use as both a user and an admin. Low learning curve with a high return of success.

Contras:

Its really unintuitive for me at least to communicate with my users with the shop floor app. Im better off getting up and takinf the time to talk to them directly rather than leaving them notes and vice versa. Also the reports NEVER work, ive never been able to pull a report or print a packing slip for whatever reason (the link always dies) thankfully I also keep up to date on our accounting software so I can pull the report from there otherwise Id probably rate this lower.

Rebecca
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

5.0 el año pasado

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

Contras:

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

Manufacturing Manager en EE. UU.
Energías renovables y medio ambiente, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Contras:

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

hace 3 años

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Jonathan
Fuente de la reseña

A critical piece of our business that we can't live without

5.0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: I love it. I've had great interactions with everyone on the team, and I can tell they want to help me succeed. Thanks Katana!

Great value, probably the only affordable cloud solution on the market

Contras:

It's a great piece of software for data entry. Not so great when it comes to using that data to run your business. No dashboards or views that provide insights. They've solved for this by integrating with Easy-Insight and Stocktrim. Now that those are in place, I'm completely satisfied.

Respuesta de Katana Technologies

hace 6 meses

Thanks for your review Jonathan, happy to hear Katana saves you the time and effort compared to Airtable!

Owner en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, Trabajador autónomo

Great Inventory Software

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Contras:

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

hace 3 años

Thank you for the support!

Lisa
Lisa
Fuente de la reseña

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us. We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

Contras:

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO. Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

hace 3 años

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

ELLOWYN
Bienes de consumo, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Great choice for small manufacturer

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Very simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming

Contras:

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Lauren
Founder/Owner en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Love it!

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We LOVE this app! We had to work out some kinks the in the beginning based on our needs but Katana's representatives were very helpful and we got it all figured out.

It's helped us streamline inventory management, manufacturing orders and inventory orders. Highly recommend!

Contras:

It was a significantly more money than what we were paying with our old system but the extra money has been so worth it for us.

Maureen
EVP en EE. UU.
Construcción, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Katana boosted our confidence as new business owners!

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Great! Service has been very helpful, and we’ve been able to do everything we need to do. Looking forward to seeing Katana grow and deploy more functions!

Inventory and order management systems were relatively new to us when we started with our company. We evaluated and tested several web-based tools and Katana was by far the most user friendly. The interface is clean and initiative, which helped us to get up and running quickly and confidently.

Contras:

There are some features and reporting that we would like to have that haven’t been rolled out yet (particularly around customer information) and we spent time tinkering around and then ultimately asking customer support about it. They have been very helpful and we are waiting for the enhancements.

Kyle
MRP/owner en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great MRP tool, some flaws but very responsive and receptive customer service and dev team

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Great MRP for small manufacturers. I find that Katana saves a lot of time and makes it easy to track inventory. Saves me many "counting" trips to different locations.

Super easy to use, pricing is more clear and streamlined than when we started. Support is great; not always the quickest but 1-2 days usually gets us a thorough and well covered answer to our questions. You can send them suggestions and they will tally in to their dev schedule. Saves a lot of time and nice to be able to access it from any computer.

Contras:

There currently (2020) is no option to add fixed costs to POs. This makes tracking cost of inventory a little tougher. I also cannot edit PO templates. Having these features would make cost tracking and insurance claims easier. There is also no support for contractor per unit manufacturing but a simple way to get around this would be to set contractor tasks and payment by the hour and make each unit take 1 hour to finish. This does though make it difficult to track time if you need to track how long production will take. Fortunately we have a good idea of how long something will take without the help of Katana.

hace 2 años

Thank you for your feedback and glad to see you are getting value from Katana. We have also noted down your suggestions.

Danielle
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 2-10 empleados

Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level

5.0 hace 3 años

Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

Contras:

If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

hace 3 años

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

Elias
Director en Singapur

Simple but Effective Inventory Management

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We've saved countless manhours on tracking inventory. It also makes purchasing decisions a lot easier, with the ability to know at a glance how much of each product you need to buy.

PROS: - really easy to use, great interface - support is responsive, although we didn't have much need for support thanks to a very thorough and detailed knowledge base - reasonably priced compared to other inventory management systems - good integrations with Shopify, Quickbooks, etc - it made inventory tracking a lot easier for us as a manufacturer. The manhours saved on doing Excel updates to inventory would definitely cost more if you run complex operations

Contras:

CONS: - Integration with Quickbooks is a little iffy if you don't login to Quickbooks beforehand - It doesn't have a multicurrency feature for purchase orders (when you buy inventory in a currency different from your main currency) - It's not easy to account for freight costs in the costs of buying raw materials - You can't work in 2 browser tabs without paying for 2 users, this can be a little frustrating

hace 2 años

Thank you for the valuable feedback! Some of your suggestions are already in our roadmap for 2021. Glad to see you are saving time and resources with Katana!

Andrew
Techinical Director en RU
Productos químicos, 2-10 empleados

A nessecary tool

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model.
It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly. Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed. Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

Contras:

My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

Alison
Director en RU
Artículos de lujo y joyería, 11-50 empleados

Katana - Amazing Software

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Katana makes our manufacturing process and stock control so easy.

This makes our manufacturing process so easy, our orders come in via shopify and go straight into Katana. The time it saves us is amazing.

Contras:

We would still like to be able to add images to products, this was something we asked for in the early days and were assured it would happen, but not happened to date.

Elton
Manager en Australia
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Katana has made my life easier

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My inventory issues are now a thing of the past. Katana has made it so easy to now sync to Woocommerce, it is so easy to see exactly where my inventory issues are.

This product is so easy to us. Once it is set up, it tracks your inventory very well, and the integrations with Woocommerce and Xero are excellent add ons as well. I would recommend to anybody

Contras:

The pricing is a bit on the expensive side. As it is invoiced in $US, I don't have a fixed price each month, as it is subject to currency fluctuations, because I do not live in the US.

hace 2 años

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you have solved your inventory tracking issues with Katana. Excited for your growth!

Erik
CEO en EE. UU.
Electrónica de consumo, Trabajador autónomo

MKUltra Corporation

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Invaluable to the maker+vendor. No more guessing, no more surprises when material stock runs out or inventory levels are low - Katana is the second set of eyes I didn't know I needed. Worth every minute of setup, this app has not only saved my business money and time - it has saved my business, period.

Integrates flawlessly with my Shopify store and makes managing materials and stock levels incredibly easy once everything is setup. The ability to prioritize jobs based on different criteria and rearrange them on the fly if necessary is critical for my business and Katana handles this with ease.

Contras:

Setup was a chore BUT that is really more of a good thing, because there is a LOT of data that people might not take into account when initially considering software like this. If you want to use it properly, each and every little detail needs to be accounted for and when you have hundreds of SKUs like me, it can seem like a mountain. Climb it, you'll be glad you did.

hace 3 años

Thank you for your feedback!

Zach
CEO en EE. UU.

Incredible product and support

5.0 hace 3 años

We tried several ERP systems for our manufacturing business without a lot of luck. Katana, without question, is one of the best and more affordable options we've come across. Coupled with their incredible support, we wouldn't recommend anything else.

Contras:

While they're super responsive to feature requests, Katana doesn't include an API or Hook.

hace 3 años

Thank you for your review! We will be working on opening an API very soon.

Chessa
VP Accounts & Operations en EE. UU.
Envases y contenedores, 11-50 empleados

Worth the Price

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Great experience. It has made a huge impact and improvement on our production and scheduling and we are now much more efficient.

Easy to learn, easy to set up and user friendly. It is the perfect visual tool to immediately show what orders are available for production and which are not with the inventory you have on hand. Easy for shop floor workers to understand and implement. Improved shop to office communication. Makes scheduling easy and quick.

Contras:

I wish it had an integrated scheduling calendar that could be personalized and blocked out according to production times per order. I also wish when you backed up it would go to the previous page and not take you back to the main sell or make page causing you to have to find where you were again. Minor improvements would make this software pretty close to perfect for us.

Designer and Owner en EE. UU.
Sector textil, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Perfect for what we needed

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: This program has helped us in so many ways. It has already saved me money by reminding me of materials Im running low on that come from the same company I might be ordering from. It is tracking all of my different materials, which in itself is a big job. I'm really enjoying being able to see everything layed out as far as materials and time it takes and profit percentage right there so clearly.

Inventory tracking, maufacturing orders vs sales orders

Contras:

The only thing I would suggest as a change would be to maybe add wholesale and retail pricing for the same product item.

Todd
Maquinaria, 11-50 empleados

Machine Shop Inventory COntrol

5.0 hace 3 años

I own a small, specialized machine shop and previously we have not had any inventory control or planning systems. When a customer called for a part, we went to the inventory and look at how many we had, if it was short we quickly ordered material and rushed there manufacturing to meet the order. Katana has given us visibility into our inventory supply as well as provided invaluable insight into our planning and work scheduling. Additionally it has helped identify areas for improvement in our workflow. Katana is an excellent app for managing inventory and processes.

Contras:

We would like to be able to set stock up to quantities so that once the minimum stock is reached the software advises how many to make/purchase.

hace 3 años

Thank you for the feedback and support!