Opiniones de Adobe Captivate

4.5 /5
    3.9 /5
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Adobe Captivate

Más del 80 % de las empresas de Fortune 500 utilizan Adobe Captivate como su herramienta de formación online confiable.

Descubre más sobre Adobe Captivate

Mostrando 161 opiniones

Rachel G.
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

"Long time user"

Comentarios: Captivate is a great tool. From a layout perspective it simply wasn't as intuitive as Storyline. However it's been a few years since I've used it last so perhaps this has improved.

Puntos a favor: This software is a great instructional design tool. Having used it since its inception (RoboDemo) I have seen it evolve a lot over the years. Nothing negative

Contras: Nothing negative. Simply I switched over to Storyline and found it way easier to use for advanced eLearning development.

Team Manager
Telecomunicaciones, 1,001-5,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/4/2020

"Incredible E-Learning tool!"

Comentarios: Overall, I loved receiving the training created in Adobe Captivate. It is a great web-based training tool.

Puntos a favor: I have received training that has been created with Adobe Captivate and I can say it was great. It helped us stay focused and engaged with the whole learning experience. I couldn't believe this training was created locally and it was so successful that the training was launched globally.

Contras: After received training, I requested to receive training for the creation of training material for my team. This is not your average tool, you need a lot of time to learn how to create engaging interactions. I wish there was an easier version for faster creation of the material.

• Publicado el 13/4/2020
Dave S.
Technical Training Manager
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 7/10/2019

"Create online training content that's great with Adobe Captivate"

Comentarios: I used Adobe Captivate to create and product online training courses for our company's online university. The software was detailed with a number of features, but something I was able to teach myself...very helpful considering I did not have an IT or software writing background.

Puntos a favor: After a normal learning curve, it's relatively easy to use to create content. I used it to create online training courses for a learning management system, and it really made our otherwise serviceable (but not too exciting) PowerPoint slides truly come to life! The software is powerful with what seems to be unlimited options for creativity.

Contras: As with probably any software worth anything, there's a bit of a learning curve to learn some of the tips and tricks for effective use. Where to find the various features is not always super-intuitive, but it's something I was able to work through.

• Publicado el 7/10/2019
Jordanne O.
Manager of Family and Community Engagement
Aprendizaje en línea, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/2/2019

"Exciting Product but not quite as intuitive as you would want"

Puntos a favor: I love all of the features of this software. You really can do a lot with it such as create responsive learning modules, VR modules, and knowledge check videos among other things. Once you master the authoring aspect I really do think you can make amazing learning modules. I like that you can make e-learning modules that really span the entire gauntlet of what online learning can be, from simply uploading powerpoints to be viewed online, to creating incredibly immersive and engaging online modules.

Contras: It's not really as intuitive as Adobe would have you believe. They pitch it as software that you really use "out of the box" as it were, but that is only true if you are trying to do things that are really really simple like a software simulation or an instructional video. However if you are imagining that you can buy this and almost immediately make engaging modules with quizzes and games and quiz videos, I think you will be disappointed especially since the customer support from adobe is also not the best.

• Publicado el 6/2/2019
Zacchaeus E.
Exhibit Technician II
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/6/2019

"Adobe Captivate - E-Learning Software"

Comentarios: We use it to identify certain species of animals for the guests to our facility. They utilize the program through touch screen displays. I am very please with it's usability straight out of the box. I was able to seamlessly edit and manipulate slides and information.

Puntos a favor: I like how intuitive the user interface is. I was able to easily navigate through options and controls. There is a already a large library of assets to implement into projects. I was able to jump right in, make a template and move slides around at whim with minimal difficulty.

Contras: I didn't like that I could not get a subscription for it for more than 12 months. Otherwise, personally, I was impressed with the product. My supervisor tried to use this software and he had trouble with the PhoneGap and GitHub part of the rendering process. So for people less familiar with how mobile applications are created, there may be a steep learning curve.

• Publicado el 23/6/2019
Alan W.
National Field Trainer
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/1/2021

"You can do anything with it, but it takes lots of time."

Comentarios: I liked the software but I didn't like how long I had to spend on each project. What I did like was the versatility to do literally anything I wanted. I never had a challenge I could not find a solution! The problem was that finding that solution oftentimes meant a whole lot of research and contacting Adobe was just not something I found easy or convenient to do. They do have a lot of users though that were very open to helping when you reached out...and I did that often.

Puntos a favor: Variables that I could assign and use in the course.

Contras: It was very labor-intensive. Although you could do anything, it just took a lot of time. Especially if the course needed to be available on multiple platforms, such as desktops, tablets, and mobile.

• Publicado el 5/1/2021
Sameer K.
Lead Associate Training
Aprendizaje en línea, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 20/9/2019

"Best tool for simulation and VR modules"

Comentarios: Captivate is the best for simulation as compared to any other tool in the market. It the only tool which having 360 interactive output and can implement lots of things which will be in another tool in future.

Puntos a favor: There is no match for this tool for simulation of any website of the software.
Now it's including a fluid box for responsive design and it works really well on different sized devices.
We used to develop content for pure HTML 5 output and it output file works without any flash support.

Contras: Sometimes it becomes stuck when we try to insert assets from the library even if the RAM is 8GB.
Other than that it is the best tool available in the market place.

• Publicado el 20/9/2019
Technical Support Specialist
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"Great tool for creating training slides"

Comentarios: I thoroughly enjoy using Adobe Captivate. Some companies designate employees to solely focus on Captivate and it's uses within their workforce. I believe that is an appropriate action as there is so much that in can be used for and it's a worthwhile investment.

Puntos a favor: I loved how you can create panels and embed videos within those panels for training purposes. Captivate can be used in meetings as presentation slides as well even though other programs may be better for that purpose.

Contras: What I like least is kind of a strength of the software. It is so robust that training on how to use the software is necessary. You can jump right in without training but you can miss a lot of the perks that Captivate offers.

• Publicado el 9/6/2020
Sarah M.
911 dispatcher
Seguridad pública, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/6/2019

"PDF READER FOR DUMMIES"

Comentarios: I use this program on a regular basis in order to sign documents that need to be electronically transferred. It saves time and saves paper to where you do not have to go printing stuff off. It can be easy to use for the most part. This program is very simple and usually comes on most PC computers. I use it a lot to read PDF files as well.

Puntos a favor: This program is very easy to use and is very common so if you don't even know how to do something on it you can usually Google it and figure it out. You can use it to read over and view stuff as well - the stuff that websites put in for additional documents.

Contras: Sometimes the program will freeze up which can get really annoying and sometimes the fields that you are trying to write your documents on won't work.

• Publicado el 27/6/2019
Alisa M.
  • Publicado el 7/1/2020

"Almost non-existent customer support"

Puntos a favor: It contains all the functions that we need.

Contras: Customer support is non-existent. The automatic bot will chat with you for a bit then maybe a CS person will send you a link to their help page. If you need more help, they will schedule a call with you and never show up.
Customer Service outsourced to India.

• Publicado el 7/1/2020
Nichole R.
Senior Financial Planner
Administración educativa, 501-1,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/12/2019

"Captivate your Learners with Captivate"

Comentarios: There is a reason that Adobe Captivate is a leading, if not the leading, software for designing SCORM compliant software. It's been incredibly easy to use, the outcome is professional looking, and intuitive for both the designer as well as the user. I would recommend this for an educational institution or corporation looking to engage their employees in personal development. This is a great forum to disseminate information, policies, etc.

Puntos a favor: I love Captivate! It's so easy to use and the outcome is extremely professional! Not only do they have a plethora of options to vary the presentation and assessment tools to employ different learning modalities for students, but educators and trainers can easily design courses without a ton of experience. The products are also easy for learners (students, corporate employees, really anyone interested in gaining knowledge) to navigate, complete courses, and assess their progress. Captivate is also SCORM compliant which is typically a standard requirement for learning objects within educational institutions.

Contras: The price point can be a little shocking unless you're in education. Educational prices are around $399, normal pricing is 3 times that amount. However, despite the steep price point, all of the features, benefits and support are well worth it!

• Publicado el 3/12/2019
Felix manuel M.
Software Web Developer
Minería y metalurgia, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/3/2019

"Adobe Captivate saves time and money for you and your company"

Comentarios: Since 2012 I'm using Captivate for make all the documentation and instruction manual for many software or website I've developed or I collaborated with, saving me and the companies a lot of time and troubles. This is very recommended for freelance developers and companies as well (companies of any kind that have employees using any software).

Puntos a favor: This software save you a lot of time on making your software documentation and/or how to teach the final user to use the software or website they need to do their work. Remember, “A picture is worth a thousand words”, and I think a video is worth a thousand pictures. This is special useful on companies that have many employees, or with employees distributed for all the country/world. Companies that needs to take working the new employees as soon as possible, with a minimum loss of time on teaching him/her the new employee on how to use the software needed for their job.

Contras: In my special case, I need to complement this software with one video-editing software, for take more advantage and do more things that final user of my software/web very appreciate. However, Captivate works just fine by itself.

• Publicado el 27/3/2019
Christy R.
Sr. Instructional Designer
Servicios financieros, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/1/2019

"Good for developing elearning"

Comentarios: I'm happy with this software. It allows me to easily import PowerPoint slides, develop elearning courses from scratch, and record audio. I have continued to use it over competing applications because it's so easy to use.

Puntos a favor: Captivate is pretty easy to learn. I pretty much taught myself how to use it and don't have any big issues with it. I like that it publishes directly into Adobe Captivate Prime (our LMS). There are quite a few nice features that get added with each upgrade.

Contras: Sometimes the software crashes. I have to work with big files on my desktop rather than on my network drive. I had some files become corrupt from the application freezing. It would be nice if Adobe gave free upgrades rather than charging to upgrade every couple years. I would also like to have more pre-built templates for gaming. Most of the options available aren't ideal.

• Publicado el 15/1/2019
Catherine W.
Training and Development Specialist
Automoción, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/9/2019

"Authoring Tool with a Twist"

Comentarios: My overall experience so far is positive. We are developing eLearning modules using the interactive tools found in Captivate. So far, the video formatting, audio (speech-to-text) function, and responsive project mode are my biggest positives.

Puntos a favor: Adobe's new version of Captivate (2019) is a fantastic authoring tool for the right user. I say that because the user must be competent on various computer applications and willing to spend some extra time learning! I have used many authoring tools, but this one has made me slow down and rethink some of the methods I use for development. It is not easy, but when you learn to set it up correctly, the functionality is amazing! I'm referring mostly to the responsive projects that are scalable for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. This is a wonderful feature, but takes quite a bit of time to learn.

Contras: The biggest consideration I have found is the amount of time I have had to spend learning the program. Once understood, I have been able to make progress, but this is not a two or three week project...give yourself more time.

• Publicado el 24/9/2019
Aprendizaje en línea, 501-1,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/10/2019

"Feature-Rich Design and Development"

Comentarios: I've preferred Captivate to Storyline throughout my career. Most orgs seem to lean toward Storyline because the UI is so similar to working in PowerPoint. I definitely prefer the more robust feature set that gets quality, regular updates/enhancements that comes with Captivate.

Puntos a favor: The ongoing updates and upgrades continue to make this software easier to use for those new to it, and also expedites building many of the interactions. Really enjoy the Assets feature as well when looking to switch things up a little - really helps with inspiration and new ideas. The online community is also really great with supporting each other and lending new ideas. The different preview options that are built in are fantastic and load so much faster than Storyline.

Contras: There are still a lot of work-arounds needed for some interaction types to meet digital accessibility needs, but that's to be expected with almost any software. When capturing video, you cannot capture device audio.

• Publicado el 22/10/2019
Doug C.
Co-Founder
Telecomunicaciones, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/3/2021

"Great software for making demo videos!"

Comentarios: I was looking at other software and Adobe just checks all the boxes. Minor annoyances but a great piece of software and it just works.

Puntos a favor: I love how easy it is to capture video/audio for user demo videos. Videos are easy to export and upload to Youtube. It just works. I use Adobe Premiere Rush for the actual output videos. I haven't tried all the other features but I'm sure I'll get around to it.

Contras: Minor gripes. I wish I could save my settings so when I screw up my recording I can start over quickly. I'm always having to stop it and restart and select all the settings again.

• Publicado el 9/3/2021
Implementation and Support Specialist
  • Publicado el 24/11/2020

"Courses Designing by Captivate"

Puntos a favor: I used this software for creating courses online for my Organizations and I have found very useful specially in COVID19 Situation around the Globe however my most favorite feature of this software to choose the answer types by several options like multi choose, choose one etc

Contras: Its configurations related to issuing certificate is tricky which is not very user friendly and it needs to made simple and easy

• Publicado el 24/11/2020
Timothy B.
free lancer
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 7/12/2020

"Review Adobe Captivate"

Comentarios: Charm may be an extraordinary apparatus for making substance from scratch intended for utilizing in a responsive plan. This is often one of my go-to apparatuses when this specific situation exists. Captivate's responsive plan alternative and the wide extend of devices make the application an amazing option for a portable plan. In spite of having a PowerPoint moment and change alternative, Charm is not the instrument to utilize when beginning with substance made in PowerPoint. Slides are imported as a single picture, evacuating activitys, and any capacity to alter the substance.

Puntos a favor: reasonable with more highlights than competitors and simple to utilize as well with capable highlights. Adobe Charm may be a full-featured writing apparatus, advertising clients a wide extend of intelligently and instructive instruments. Adobe Master applications exceed expectations by providing you most of the alternatives merely need and more than you need. Captivate offers live creating in a responsive plan. This includes is basic as we see to create more substance for utilizing over portable devices. Captivate coordinating consistently with the other Adobe Inventive Suite devices that we utilize. We combine PhotoShop, Gymnastic performer, and Fascinate to form a few astounding learning instruments.

Contras: Adobe battles in its client back. Learned Fascinate back specialists to educate and troubleshoot would hoist this capable tool. As versatile learning ventures absent from Streak, creating entirely in HTML5 could be a getting to be a must. Fascinate has an HTML5 examiner to audit your extend for potential flash-based issues, but advancement in HTML5 as it were isn't as natural. I squander profitable time and exertion making alterations after the truth.

• Publicado el 7/12/2020
David M.
Marketing Director/Software Trainer
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
  • Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 28/5/2020

"Captivate & the ease of convertability"

Comentarios: It gives you the ability to create in so many ways & to help make video & online training more streamlined, with the added feedback from an LMS to get good feedback on how end users are absorbing the triining

Puntos a favor: I truly enjoy the ability to convert old PowerPoint training decks into exciting & yes to coin a phrase, "Captivating" training for our employees & management.

Contras: The cost for our small company is a little high & there is no special pricing for Teachers or Students. It would be great id Adobe would let you replace some of the Adobe Cloud products with Captivate as part of the overall package even if it were for a little more per month.

• Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 28/5/2020
Assistant Manager
Seguros, 1,001-5,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/5/2019

"Terrific training tool"

Comentarios: Using this I have been able to set up tests and quiz for our training sessions. Its also let me create video presentations which automates some of our new hire training. You have to put in some time and learn it to get the most out of it but once you do that, its very powerful.

Puntos a favor: It is very robust and has a ton of features. You can create some really impressive training modules with this. We have been using this for a little while now to train our new hires on policies and process. I really like that once you get the hang of this, you can create very professional looking training material with it. It lets you embed videos, images and docs into your module pretty seamlessly. You can include your branding (which was a big deal for us) and colors. You can even include your Voice over if you want to. Using this I have created Quiz, Presentations and video guides. And they all looked fantastic.

Contras: Like a lot of other Adobe softwares (at least in my experience) it can be a little daunting to get started with. There is a lot you can do with it but you have to invest some time to get the most out of it. I really wish Adobe would figure out how to simplify the usage and work flow for newcomers.

• Publicado el 24/5/2019
Ezzy S.
Sr Instructional Designer
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/6/2020

"Adobe Captivate - What you'd expect from an Adobe product"

Comentarios: I've authored over 300 courses with Adobe Captivate in the last 6 years and overall, I'm very satisfied with the product. For all its faults, it's really forced me outside my box and helped me learn a lot about instructional design.

Puntos a favor: Adobe Captivate allows you to author amazing and beautiful coursework if you don't mind spending a little extra time to learn some coding. The product is fairly intuitive and it has a lot of capabilities. It's a very deep and robust product.

Contras: To really get the best out of Captivate, you do need to spend quite a lot of time learning about creating variables, some beginner coding, and occasionally some javascript. You can make the program do whatever you want, but it takes a lot of patience and, sometimes, some wonky workarounds.

• Publicado el 11/6/2020
Michelle M.
Global Learning Content Developer
Seguros, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 19/5/2021

"Excellent tool for measuring learners!"

Comentarios: This is the current default learning software for our company. It allows us to deploy learning for graded content, KC questions, videos, slides with on screen text to teach a topic, etc. There is always a new trick or tool we can add to our style of learning and there are several tutorial videos to assist with new features. Also, when Flash was no longer supported in browsers, Captivate made it easy to identify parts of the module where a feature might be affected.

Puntos a favor: Enjoy the ability to easily duplicate slides, set up multiple master slides for easy formatting content, make small audio edits in a file and preview/play the on screen animations/timing. Also, so many features for reporting and advanced actions to set up specific scenarios based on the desired result.

Contras: Vectors were a nice touch to easily add to slides. However, the vector images "flash" often when published and are very difficult to locate based on their current naming convention. Also, I would like the option to easily change a slide from a Knowledge Check question to/from a Graded Quiz question.

• Publicado el 19/5/2021
Carl C.
Pre-sales engineer
Software informático, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 14/6/2020

"Creating "how to videos" for enterprise learning"

Comentarios: This is a very functional application for making videos. I prefer it versus tools like Camtasia when making instructional videos.

Puntos a favor: Easy to segment video into pieces. Imagine using Power Point slides but each slide contains video/sound. Much easier to manage than other tools that record straight through. You can record each segment, apply graphic elements as desired. It integrated easily with other Adobe audio products for enhanced audio editing. Captivate does include limited audio editing tools, just enough to be handy.

Contras: I found the application would crash every now and then. Nothing I could not work around, but strange to have to experience that in today's world.

• Publicado el 14/6/2020
Josh Y.
Senior Education Manager of Online Learning
Aprendizaje en línea, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/10/2020

"A powerful player in the e-learning arena"

Comentarios: While I am just jumping into the platform as my current job requires it over other software platforms, I am impressed. Having used the entire Adobe CC and other e-learning software, this platform is not difficult to transition into.

Puntos a favor: Having used many products for developing e-learning, Captivate is among the top-tier development programs but has a high cost to entry. The platform is powerful and has a lot of nuances that allow for digging deep into options for developing truly custom courses and user experiences.

Contras: While you can dig deeply into advanced interactions, data reporting, etc, the learning curve is immense to begin to understand elements such as advanced actions, keywords, etc. Variables become buried and are not as easy to manipulate as in Articulate Storyline, but they are buried for very good reason in that you can actually do more in Captivate than with its rival program with such features. If I am to further nitpick, I am not excited by the filmstrip display for slide storyline. This is a feature I love in Articulate's e-learning in that non-linear branching is highly encouraged whereas the linear filmstrip does little to entice users to develop complex learning opportunities, reinforcing the linear death by slides commonly seen in virtual learning.

• Publicado el 9/10/2020
Paul W.
eLearning Designer and Developer
Aprendizaje en línea, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 17/10/2019

"Adobe Captivate is the Cornerstone of My eLearning Business"

Comentarios: I started using Adobe Captivate with version 2. It was okay but obviously there was room for it to improve. At the time of writing this review, Captivate is on version 11 and it has matured into a robust solution. I will continue to use it for all my professional eLearning work for as long as they continue to make it available.

Puntos a favor: I have been using Adobe Captivate since the mid-2000s. Each release has brought new and innovative features that allow me to continue to impress my clients. Features like virtual reality and interactive video make Adobe Captivate the industry leader in eLearning Authoring tools

Contras: A complicated piece of software means that the learning curve is steep but the reward is that in return it does so much.