Opiniones de AppFolio Investment Management

Sobre AppFolio Investment Management

AppFolio Investment Management es una solución de software de gestión de inversiones inmobiliarias todo en uno basada en la nube.

Descubre más sobre AppFolio Investment Management

Contras:

Some features are limited to the more tech savvy users.

Valoraciones de AppFolio Investment Management

Relación calidad-precio
4.7

Probabilidad de recomendación

9.3/10

AppFolio Investment Management tiene una valoración global de 4.7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 75 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

Filtrar opiniones (75)

Ordenar por

¿Ha utilizado AppFolio Investment Management antes?

Filtrar opiniones (75)

CEO en EE. UU.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the Man

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It's been realatively easy to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very patient, takes his time with our team and goes through various challenges completely. He knows his stuff, is nice to work with and doesn't seem to complain when I ask idiotic questions and request things that I likely should simply know how to do. He is a pro and I'd give him a bonus in the realm of 100% to 200% his annual salary.

As a smaller developer having a professional client-side portal helps to instill confidence in our product and investments. Appfolio allows us that in a very simple fashion.

Contras:

The software is a bit primitive and still needs a few features. It feels like it's going in the right direction and I've watch this team systematically build the dnamic property management side in a very cohesive and sensible fashion and I'm sure if those same people are working here we'll look back in a couple years at a masterpiece.

el mes pasado

Hello Michael, Thank you so much for your kind words for our Customer Care team member! We're happy to hear our software is helping you instill confidence with your investors. We look forward to continuing to invest in our product and services, and to working with you as a valued partner for many more years!

Daniel

Aeon Partners Impressed with AppFolio Investment Management

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Working with AppFolio Investment Management daily has been a favorable experience. AppFolio IM has the functionality we need and the features our investors require. Moreover, we can ask a question and AppFolio IM support staff (an actual person!) will respond quickly with a solution(s).

In addition to the outstanding customer service that accompanies the software, the software is user-friendly with the functionality we require. Between calculating performance metrics, calculating waterfalls, investor management, asset management, and fundraising capabilities, AppFolio IM is a full-service software package that meets and exceeds our expectations as Investment Sponsors/Asset Managers and the expectations of our investors.

Contras:

Zero--continue innovating and adding functionality based on user feedback. We are impressed with the software and would recommend to anyone.

Jennifer
Executive Assistant en EE. UU.

Glenmont Capital Management

2.0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: Well, I am glad [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is my customer service rep. I hate that I can't call in with a problem, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] answers me very quickly. When we did letters via mail merge, it was much easier, however the K-1s are much easier with your software. To be honest, if we didn't have the investors now so invested in the portal, I don't know if we would have continued. We are a unique company, and are needs might be different than the norm. If the above problems are worked on, than the software would be great.

How easy it is to upload K-1s. How easy it is to send out bulk email to investors that don't have CC's. How easy the search function is. I like that I have a relationship with my customer service rep. He knows a little bit about my business so therefore can help me better

Contras:

That you cannot email contacts from the Investing Entities Page. There is not a CC option, meaning if I do a Bulk letter and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] wants his Assistant [SENSITIVE CONTENT] CC'd, I have to do them separately. I have to type [SENSITIVE CONTENT] name and below write CC: [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I cant do the Insert First name option, because [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will think it is for her. Most of my investors have CC's which makes the bulk email option less usable for me. When you are working on a list, that if you click on a contact and have to go back to the list, it doesn't go back to where you were but it goes to the top of the list. More merge fields, for instance, when I send out an email, I wish there was a merge field that shows the persons Investing Entities. For instance [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has 14 different Investing Entities. If I am doing a bulk email, it would be great to have an option of choosing a merge field for an investing Entity so he knows which one I am talking about. You should have a contact for a Bank Contact. When we do Distributions, Investors have a contact at the bank. You have an option for tax but not an option for Bank contact. Also, a lot of Investors don't want to fill out forms, I don't know if it is possible, but an option for their assistant to fill in the forms, but then the investor signs in to sign it, once it filled out by the assistant. I am open to further discussion.

el mes pasado

Hello Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're glad to hear our Product Team was able to connect with you regarding your feedback, and we have already released features that address some of your needs! We always appreciate feedback from our valued clients, as it allows us to improve our product and service. We look forward to our continued partnership with you!

Great Customer Service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Great - super knowledgeable, professional, friendly and timely support.

Ease of use and great communication tool. Also, the AppFolio team really understands how real estate sponsors operatoe.

Contras:

A few features are buried - and recently you changed from having entity co-signers to having entity "required signers" - didn't like that change.

el mes pasado

David, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We value your partnership and feedback, and remain committed to investing in new innovations for our clients and building the best Investment Management platform in the industry!

Will
Vice President en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

AppFolio IM Provides Tremendous Value at a Great Price!

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: The biggest benefits of AppFolio Investment Management are that we now look and feel more professional to our investor group, and implementing the solution was neither time-consuming or costly. On an ongoing basis, the platform reduces the time required to keep track of our growing investment and investor base, enhances our investor communication methods, keeps us closer to and more constantly in contact with our investors, and helps ensure data accuracy via integration with AppFolio Property Manager.

My investors love the portal and it makes my life exponentially easier versus manual and scattered investment tracking methods. My firm already uses AppFolio Property Manager, so it was an easy decision to add Investment Management, and the integration is seamless. We also felt that the price point was very attractive compared to other stand-alone programs, but without making any real sacrifices from our "must-haves." The customer support has been tremendous and I feel as if the software is continually evolving for the better.

Contras:

Some features and functionality are still lacking, although the product team is constantly in contact for feedback and advice on new features. For some minor items, we had to create workarounds until newer functionality is fully built-out, but nothing has held me back from becoming fully operational in the platform. That said, we appreciate that the system is getting better-by-the-day and that we have a voice in future versions of the product.

Peter
Director of Business Development en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

On the way to a great product

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We got rave reviews from many investors. It is a great platform and (still as of this review) costs a fraction of the leading products out there who have a few more features and are a bit more mature. However, AppFolio has been awesome in listening to reasonable requests which make the product better and hence they roll out new features often. This to me is very valuable. Try to have any of the 2-3 "leading elephants" move or change something .... Good luck. So I am very happy with the decision to go with AppFolio. It does 95% of what we need for 50% (or even less) of the price of the others.

- The Investor view is very good and easy to understand for the investor. Good overview with easy drill down. - You can send out new investment solicitations from within the system - Integration into Email

Contras:

Still a bit rough in some aspects like file management, if you have A LOT of files. If you only have let's say up to 10 or so files per investment, all is peachy. You can have an endless amount of files, but it is not that easy to display. They are working of making that easier on the eye.

Jesse

Actual User Experience

5.0 hace 10 meses

Checks all the boxes. I'm able to do everything I need to run a buy side real estate investment company

Contras:

maybe the performance stuff. I think this area could be improved.

Andrew
Principal en EE. UU.
Gestión de inversiones, 2-10 empleados

Great Service and Value

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: We have had great success with our overall investor experience and have fully integrated into our capital raise process.

The ease of use, ease of adoption, and available/responsive support team.

Contras:

The CRM Features are limited, but they are sufficient for an investor portals needs.

CEO en EE. UU.
Gestión de inversiones, 51-200 empleados

Top Tiered Investment Management Software at a Reasonable Price

4.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I'm a very happy customer and would definitely recommend this solution!

AppFolio Investment Management integrates seamlessly with AppFolio Property Manager, enabling seamless accounting. Additionally, the ability to easily create distributions and print checks via Property Manager is a big plus for us. The support team is super friendly and helpful as well!

Contras:

Some items require the AppFolio team to adjust them and the system is pretty unforgiving if a mistake is made (i.e. a data entry error is hard to delete without contacting support and having them do it via the backend).

Josh
Director of Operations en EE. UU.

AppFolio Review

4.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Deal Pipeline ,CRM, Assets, and fundraising

Contras:

Split and Upload feature. It needs to be able to split by different page numbers. Not all K1s are the same amount of pages.

Gary
Asset Manager en EE. UU.

AppFolio is great

4.0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: They're new to the game, which I like because the price is lower and their team is eager to improve. And we get to give our advice and feedback so the product is created in ways that fit our needs

It's a secure way to trasnmit K-1s and receive bank info, etc. It's a great CRM system. Our investors love having a portal they can access at anytime to see their investments, distributions, monthly reports, sign subscription documents, etc.

Contras:

There are some features that are still missing, but it's still a great value and they're constantly improving and making updates.

Ryan

Andover Review

5.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Great experience thus far. Customer support [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is excellent.

Very easy to use and has been a great tool to improve efficiency in managing investor data, fundraising, and document dissemination/storage.

Contras:

The calculations of financial waterfalls don't always match up to our deal structures so we still are using spreadsheets to calculate distributions. In addition, the reporting features are good, but would like to see them be more customizable.

el mes pasado

Ryan, thank you for the positive review! We are happy to be part of your success in creating internal efficiencies. We value your product feedback and will continue to invest in improving our financial and reporting features.

Jeremy
Partner and Chief Risk Officer en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Greatest business enabler so far

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We were using email and conference calls to communicate investment information previous to AppFolio IM. Every time we had a call or sent an email different content was shared and it was a labor intensive process that we couldn't keep up with. Even worse, our accounting team managed investor reports via Excel reports which were cumbersome, time consuming to create, had errors, and we weren't always sure which was the latest version. Using AppFolio IM we can add all investors to a prospective opportunity and launch fundraising with one distribution... and we never attach files to emails that used to get forwarded far beyond where they were intended. And our accountants save whole days worth of time. In numerical terms, we have probably 10-20x our equity raise from the time we started to just 4-6 months forward. And we were able to hire new staff to help raise capital and know they could rely on our pushing information out through the portal consistently and quickly to their new prospects. We've quickly moved past 6-figure investors and well into 7-figure investors.

Very intuitive and user friendly from an administrator's perspective to get up and running quickly and with only limited time available. Our customers report back we are a stand out among peers and everyone has commented that accessing the site and using the features was simple. The support from the AppFolio IM team is unparalleled; they adapt the program in response to feedback and are always available to help answer technical questions. You never get a "help desk" type experience!

Contras:

No complaints yet. New features are added all the time which is great. We are also a user of the AppFolio Property Management site. We evaluated many options and this was the easiest and quickest way for us to launch.

Jon

Real Estate Investment Fund Servicing Software -

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Our company is a smaller private real estate investment company, and have one fund at this time. We have about 100 investors in the fund.
This software allowed us to have an online presence for our investors, which is not perfect, but has been improving over the 12 months since we started using the software.
Software also allows us to take care of a lot of the back end accounting and tracking for our real estate investment, membership capital, quarterly distributions, as well as communication hub.

Cloud based Built in CRM to track all client information. Can email directly from software to borrower. Includes Investor portal that allows investors to track balances, history, transactions for investment account. Appfolio customer service is great This software works directly and integrates with Appfolio Property Manager software, which we have used for 8 years. We have reduced our need for spreadsheets for tracking purposes by about 80% Ability to pay, reinvest, distribute, track dividend payments right in the software- we do this quarterly, so this is a big time saver.

Contras:

Improvements are needed as far as ability to customize certain areas of the investor portal, and the investor statements. Ability to add, or remove information, headings, titles, categories from investor portal and investor statements. Appfolio does take support requests seriously and has made some adjustments based on recommendations.

Daisy
COO & Partner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Great All-In-One Investor Management System!

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Appfolio has been great when it comes to customer service and helping us get the system all set up properly. They have even offered solutions when it comes to replicating some of the complicated structures in the system. They have also been open to any feedback that would make the system easy for us and our investors to use.

The Appfolio Investment Management software allowed us to consolidate all of our various spreadsheets into one system. This allowed us to have one go-to place for investor information. It will also allow our investor to check their investments and access docs whenever they need to. The system has been very easy to use overall!

Contras:

There are a few changes that need to be done on the back-end. However, every Appfolio associate I have talked to has been really helpful and quick with the turn around time.

George
President & CEO en EE. UU.

Excellent Centralized Platform

5.0 hace 2 años

AppFolio Investment Management enables our firm to tie property management, accounting, investor reporting, and fund raising all into one platform in an incredibly efficient manner. Our favorite feature is the investor portal which allows us to keep our equity partners up to date on all of our properties. We love being able to offer our partners features such as this which prior to AppFolio would have only been available to firms much larger than ours.

Contras:

We have run into very few problems with the software and anytime we identify an area of improvement the AppFolio Investment Management staff is quick to assist.

Brian
Director of Investor Management en EE. UU.
Servicios financieros, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Software you can shape...

4.0 hace 2 años

While AppFolio's Property Management software is the industry standard, they've only recently introduced their investor management software. With this you get the resources of a juggernaut with the nimbleness of a startup. We've been using AF for over a year and have seen the UI grow by leaps and bounds. For us the 2 greatest aspects of the platform are the ability to request features, edits, requests (big or small) and actually see them get implemented. The other is the customer service. Hands down the best experience we've had with a software provider. Their responsiveness, knowledge and overall thoroughness is critical. Pair all this with a reasonable price and you can't lose.

Contras:

Whatever bells & whistles other providers may offer....AF has either implemented them or has them on their horizon.

Nicholas
COO en EE. UU.

Love our AIM portal

Comentarios: My team and I love using it

Ease of use, easy to find items, the flow to setting up new deals is much easier. Investors enjoy using the platform

Contras:

Could use more waterfall options, not being able to change docs once the investments goes live to investors.

Amanda
Director - Investor Services en EE. UU.

Investor Friendly

4.0 hace 5 meses

This is very user friendly for investors and if you aren't currently using anything, is a good start for oganizing.

Contras:

There are many features that are still needed to compete with the higher tier companies.

Angie
Director of Accting en EE. UU.

AppFolio IM Implementation

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: It is amazing to have a place to safely keep all of our investor information that can then be used to calculate distributions.

Not only does IM integrate with AppFolio, but it eliminates our reliance on clunky error prone excel workbooks for calculating our distributions. It saves us time, and gives us peace of mind that that calculations are accurate, and it saves us time in entering them in a separate step.

Contras:

Hard to say there is something we didn't like about the software; One place that we continue to see need is in reporting. The team has been great taking our recommendations and continually adding new functionality, especially in this area. There is so much useful information that we have in IM, that we utilize for other calculations, the more reporting options the better.

Jerry

Watermrq Capital Partners

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We were very impressed with the smooth transition, customer service is outstanding. A big shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always responsive and attentive to my concerns. A great team to work with!

The ability to be transparent with our investor and have all our investment history neatly in one place added a tremendous confidence that our investor have with our firm.

Contras:

Would love to see more built-in option to make larger distributions. Would be great to have more internal reporting features for current and past deals.

Eric
Principal en EE. UU.

Appfolio Investment Management deserves a strong look

5.0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: I love that Appfolio truly listened to my needs as a customer when I was doing an ongoing evaluation of the tool. We had discussions for over a year before we made the switch and I saw constant improvements in the tool as well as specific enhancements that I personally asked for in our discussions. I truly felt that my requests were heard and implemented.

I love the integration directly with Appfolio's Property Manager software. It has made our life much easier when communicating between our offerings, distributions, and operations. Once you have spent some time with the tool, everything is very intuitive and laid out in a user-friendly way. G-mail integration was also a feature I really like that now allows me to search my own e-mails for what I have sent to investors without needing to go into the tool to do so.

Contras:

The customer facing offering page and my ability to customize an offering to my investors could still use some upgrades, but has improved dramatically.

Tristan
Accounting Manager en EE. UU.

Appfolio IM for Real Estate Investment Funds

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall it is a very positive experience. One of the best things about using any Appfolio software is the great team at Appfolio. I have used many cloud based software solutions, and the Appfolio team really goes above and beyond for their customers.

Appfolio IM is constantly being improved and developed. I see new features added constantly, which increases the value of the product for us. If you are an Appfolio PM customer the syncing between IM and PM will significantly cut down on your administrative time recording information in your accounting system and your investment management system. As far as the investor facing portals, they are clean and easy to use. I have never received any negative feedback from an investor on accessing/utilizing their portal.

Contras:

Nothing major to note here. There are minor inconveniences that I stumble across sometimes while using IM; however, this is to be expected when using out of the box cloud software. I'm really impressed with how Appfolio responds to feedback, asks questions, and is honest about whether or not the feedback can be implemented.

Nicholas
Managing Partner en EE. UU.

Highly Recommend AppFolio

5.0 hace 10 meses

My company has been using AppFolio for the past year, and we highly recommend this software. The integration of our business processes into AppFolio was seamless, and they provided unlimited one-on-one training sessions with an AppFolio expert to help us with any questions or hurdles we had along the way. They continually ask for feedback on how to improve their platform; and while navigating the ins and outs of AppFolio, my team and I did come up with suggestions that they've already taken into account and implemented into the software. Their customer service is also outstanding. Our customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] responds to all of our questions right away and with a great attitude. He is always willing to hop on a call to walk us through any questions we have. This platform is also extremely user friendly, and I really like how we can view AppFolio from our investors' point of view, not just the admin side. We look forward to continuing to use AppFolio and will gladly recommend this software.

Contras:

The only suggestion I have is to make mobile access easier, as I cannot get into my AppFolio account through my phone if I need to access it on the go.

Stacy
Property Accountant en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

AppFolio Investment Manager - Worth the Expense!!

5.0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: Overall, I have had a positive experience with the use of AIM. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our support rep, is phenomenal in his response time and always solve our problems and answers out questions efficiently. (Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!)

Investment Management is user friendly, integrates seamlessly with AppFolio Property Management and helps us track our investments for a fraction of the cost that its competition charges.

Contras:

I would like to see the ability to code contribution and distributions to differentiated GL accounts specific to the needs of our client's financial reporting.