Opiniones de WooCommerce

4.2 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    3.8 /5

Sobre WooCommerce

Plataforma de comercio electrónico de código abierto basada en la web que ayuda en la creación de tiendas online con temas, pagos y opciones de envío y más.

Descubre más sobre WooCommerce

Mostrando 282 opiniones

Emeka O.
Digital Marketing Trainer
  • Publicado el 29/12/2019

"An Easy to Use Ecommerce website builder"

Comentarios: I used Woocommerce to build my ecommerce website. It was easy to do unlike starting from scratch to build the website. Also I didn't have to pay website developers to build the website for me. It could have costed me a whole lot of money had I outsourced it to website developers.

Puntos a favor: Woocommerce is an ecommerce plugin built for WordPress. To be able to use Woocommerce one must install WordPress first. Just like the parent software (WordPress), Woocommerce is very commendable. The things I like about Woocommerce include the following: 1. Free to use: Just like WordPress, Woocommerce is free to use, though one may need to purchase some premium plugins to add some features that may not be available in free plugins. Cost was a major factor for me when I was making the choice of a platform to use for my ecommerce website, and Woocommerce was the best fit for me. 2. Support network: Woocommerce have a huge user base. There are online and offline communities where one can easily get solution to problems. 3. Ease Of Us: Woocommerce is very easy to use compared to some other ecommerce website builders I've checked out. One only have to install compatible themes and plugins to get started. It is a drag and drop ecommerce website builder, and need no technical skills to get started. 4. Security: Woocommerce websites are secure. The plugin witnesses regular updates to keep it secured. 5. Dedicated Dashboard: Woocommerce have a dedicated dashboard where one can see the performance of the website, like the number of sales, and the amount of sales. This is beautiful as I get to see how my business is going without much ado.

Contras: One of the issues I had with Woocommerce was the learning curve. Though it's easy to use after one is done learning it, but the learning curve wasn't very easy for me. After the initial stage of learning though, it became very easy to use. Also with Woocommerce, I had to be updating the server myself unlike with Shopify. Shopify maintains the server. Shopify handles the technicalities. Another issue was the need to buy an SSL encryption. With Shopify, this wasn't an issue for me, as Shopify takes care of that.

• Publicado el 29/12/2019
Samuel L.
Creative Director
Formación profesional y coaching, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/2/2021

"A Powerhouse eCommerce Platform for WordPress"

Comentarios: Started developing eCommerce websites back in 1998 and things have come on a long way. I'm not sure why it took me so long to try Woocommerce although it is a pleasure to use. Simple to set up a store and filled with features that will make your online store have all the bells and whistle. A must for eCommerce in my opinion.

Puntos a favor: Simple to install and a doddle to use. Beautifully crafted piece of software that anyone can get there heads around. Excellent documentation, tutorials and how-to guides all over the web. The people behind Woocommerce care.

Contras: Woocomerce have loads of plugins that they charge some hefty prices for, although this is probably understandable as the main platform is totally free. I still feel they might be able to do something on their pricing or offer membership packages.

• Publicado el 6/2/2021
Boris T.
  • Publicado el 19/3/2021

"Good, but with flaws"

Comentarios: We use WooCommerce as the default web shop for all websites we make for our customers. As it is simple to set up we do not waste time creating custom products for smaller companies that only need a simple, cheap solution. It is also very easy to use so we have very little to do with those web shops once they are set up. It is a great plugin, and if parts of it weren't hidden behind high-price plugins, it would be perfect.

Puntos a favor: WooCommerce is a complete out-of-the-box solution. You install it, and it has basic functionality good enough to run a web shop. I also love the fact most professional themes come with WooCommerce support so it is very easy to create a visually attractive website with just a few clicks.

Contras: There are extensions upon extensions of functionality that are paid for. There are some functions that should be a part of WooCommerce itself that are locked behind extension paywalls. Some of them seem like a cash grab - like the ability to import or export products properly, or add product inquiry options. I ended up creating snippets of code that I use to circumvent those overly expensive plugins.

• Publicado el 19/3/2021
Jeanne M.
Artistic and Executive Director
Artes escénicas, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/8/2020

"Too difficult for novices; not enough in-box customizations for the savvy"

Puntos a favor: I like that it is widely integrated into Wordpress themes. I like that it's connected to Stripe and PayPal. It's automated emails are nice, as well. Plug-ins are nice (but they are expensive and often are required for things you would expect out of the box). It can be customized to some degree, which was helpful for us...in some other ways, it is a bit rigid and not quite what you would want if you are trying to replicate a retail experience.

Contras: I would never recommend this to anyone who wasn't very, very, very tech savvy. It is absolutely not an option for people who don't have a lot of web development experience. It tries to be a system on its own, but we have found you really have to simply take the purchase data out of Woocommerce and put it into your own CRM system. We have decided to stop using it for our purposes of registering students for classes. We may still use it for the sale of items, but probably not.

• Publicado el 11/8/2020
John M.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/1/2021

"WooCommerce - Great system! Not perfect! But is anything really perfect?"

Comentarios: I personally believe the 'pros' outweigh the 'cons' when considering WooCommerce as an E-commerce platform. I've built multiple sites using WooCommerce that would have $cost tens of thousands of dollars had a Developer been required to code all of these functions. My advice would always be - find a high quality / low-cost Developer (using one of the online labour aggregator sites e.g. Upwork) who has a wealth of recent WooCommerce experience (particularly with the functionality you are looking to achieve) and accept that not everything will work perfectly (or even be compatible) straight 'out of the box'. At the end of the day, if you priced all of the code that has been contributed to make WooCommerce what it is today - it would probably cost $billions to rebuild. So the next time you're criticising 'free' - remember that nothing is ever free.

Puntos a favor: There are too many pro's to mention with WooCommerce, but i love the fact that it is Open Source which ensures thousands of plugins are available to extend the functionality of WooCommerce. And this is Woocommerce's biggest strength - It can quite feasibly allow a micro-size company to operate like an Enterprise (e-biz), including building end-to-end workflow automation across an entire business operation. Remarkably, this business panacea (end-2-end) can conceivably be achieved free of charge, or for only a few hundred dollars (plus A LOT of Developer and Administrator time).

Contras: WooCommerce doesn't come without Con's, and it's vitally important to recognise them. The main 'con' for me is the fact that because you have an 'infrastructure' that allows you to 'act' like an Enterprise - the temptation is to do so. This is where cost, resources, licences, etc can start to rack up. WooCommerce DOES NOT provide everything out of the box, but rather through a series of Modules (1st & 3rd party) that come at a cost. If you purchase from WooCommerce (Automattic) you pay a premium for each module (but you get support). If you purchase from 3rd party devs you typically pay a lower cost for the module (but the support is often questionable, as are the 'upgrades', 'compatibility roadmap', etc). So, although WooCommerce is an incredible toolset for building an Enterprise-style e-commerce platform, it is not always plain sailing.

• Publicado el 28/1/2021
Ethan M.
Freelance Designer
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 14/12/2020

"Useful Open-source E-commerce Solution"

Comentarios: Personally Woocommerce has added additional functionality to a number of my websites with sufficient payment processing services. I likely would utilize this plugin again for my next site at some point since I have had fond memories about using the platform in general. I have used them for jewlery specifically and it has functioned with my site for near the entirety of its presence.

Puntos a favor: One of the Better Ecommerce Plugins that has supported a variety of my businesses that has not only deployed a well designed, minimal web store for me within the context of my own website, but has helped me retain revenue and sales in a manner that presents my work in a beautiful and clean manner

Contras: Not available in a standalone manner and must be used within the context of wordpress applications thus making it only available to wordpress users from my understanding.

• Publicado el 14/12/2020
Michele S.
web developer
Internet, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/3/2021

"Great online support"

Comentarios: We always start integrating woocommerce thinking we can limit our client to basic functionalities but we always have to extend the basic plugin package

Puntos a favor: Flexible and very well integrated into the Wordpress core. Easy to extend (for a web developer) and easy to manipulate. Great online support team

Contras: Old html structure, rusty, old fashion and sometimes obsolete. Today we could think a better solution for html/css.

• Publicado el 30/3/2021
Antonio M.
  • Publicado el 13/1/2021

"The best Wordpress e-commerce plugin"

Comentarios: All in all, it is the single best shopping solution for Wordpress. I used it on a few websites that I made and I loved it mainly because it was very easy and quick to set up. It saved me time and energy.

Puntos a favor: All of it. The beautiful out of the box shop front end, the ease of use, the great backend organization, the myriad of options, and the ease of setup. It is painless to set up to the point you only click a few buttons and you have a working shop.

Contras: There are many plugins for this plugin that don't come cheap. I'd love if they were a part of the software rather than buying them separately.

• Publicado el 13/1/2021
Daniele C.
Imprenditore
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 25/2/2021

"Consigliato"

Comentarios: Lo uso su alcuni siti che ho realizzato e mi trovo molto bene, consigliato.

Puntos a favor: È gratuito, è molto facile da usare anche per i principianti e permette di e un e-commerce in pochissimo tempo.

Contras: Trovo molto complicato il poter modificare da subito la pagina del carrello e del pagamento, a volte bisogna affidarsi ad applicazioni esterne

• Publicado el 25/2/2021
Stefan B.
Marketing Assistant
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/3/2021

"WooCommerce is eCommerce made easy!"

Comentarios: So far so good! I'm enjoying the layout of the plugin on my online store and would highly recommend.

Puntos a favor: For a free plugin on Wordpress, this is a groundbreaking piece of software that has helped me bring a fantastic amount of online presence to my eCommerce store! I can add multiple payment methods and integrate with other essential plugins. It's responsive to my theme and tracks all my online orders, it really is that simple!

Contras: I needed a few key features that were unfortunately not free with the plugin. Additional options can cost, but they are really inexpensive.

• Publicado el 4/3/2021
Sarah J.
Head of E-Commerce
Comercio minorista, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 28/11/2020

"A great e-commerce solution, but still awhile to go..."

Comentarios: WooCommerce is great in its e-commerce features but lacks where its obvious competitors are excelling in, turning it into a second-grade choice when compared to the likes of BigCommerce, Krepling, and Shopify.

Puntos a favor: WooCommerce is great in its core product offering. It offerings everything one could ask for when looking to deploy an online store. It is simple and easy to use and also has a decent array of features. For WordPress users, it is a must-have if you are looking to deploy online selling functions.

Contras: Where WooCommerce falls short is its simplicity. Whilst platforms like Shopify, Krepling, and BigCommerce have mastered the ability to simplify and centralize the online selling environment and business management, WooCommerce has yet to innovate any of its central dashboards and interfaces. I have used WooCommerce for 3.5 years, and despite it being a very powerful selling tool, I have never been able to look past it being just a WordPress plugin. Entrepreneurs are still required to have their own separate hosting options and domain configurations, which require users to constantly jump between different support options just to troubleshoot errors. Not to mention how much WooCommerce relies on WordPress. Although I have no complaints about WordPress, its ease of building websites has not adopted a 'no-code' ideology, thus requiring users to purchase additional plugins like themes and modules.

• Publicado el 28/11/2020
Adam M.
Chief Executive Officer
Comercio mayorista, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/10/2020

"The formula of success and ease of use."

Comentarios: Back in the day, I was always attracted by that GURUS online promoting other platforms (Never knew that they were affiliates). I used other platforms for 1 month and it was really expansive, all the plugins are extremely expansive or they charge a commission/ Sale. Then I discover WOOCOMMERCE easier, more control over the hosting and servers unlike Shopify (They can shut you down anytime they want without giving an ounce of explanations), and more artistic designing the websites
From my point of view, WooCommerce can be described as Legit, Genuine, Beautiful, Educational never had any trouble ever since I started building websites it was always a +++ Income
IT'S 5 STARS

Puntos a favor: WooCommerce it's beyond simple, I've personally been using this software for years (I even lost count) it has unlimited features:
-Connected to WordPress
-No more struggling for creating an eCommerce website, Online Courses, B2B platform, or more.
-It's simple just a drag & drop system no need for expertise or development skills.
-Best Worldwide Ecom platform and money saver, unlike others.
-Have more control over the servers and hosting
-The WooCommerce Community is everywhere around social media platforms and never struggle to complete a task.
- It's FREE TO USE and NO COMMISSION
-Multiple Plugins FREE

Contras: With Lack Of CMS, it might be a little hard to use, but after designing a couple of websites, then everything comes to a conclusion.

• Publicado el 24/10/2020
Sara T.
Graphic Designer
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 22/9/2020

"When you have more time than money - worth learning!"

Comentarios: It's absolutely a game-changer for me and my very small business. I sell items online and moved away from big commerce marketplaces because the fees were eating me alive in an already super competitive market. I can now run my own store on my own website and list as many items as I was for free. I also have the ability to modify Woocommerce however I see fit to my needs. It's a little tricky at first but worth the time investment considering it's a free opensource app.

Puntos a favor: It's free and it's open source! If you have the time and a little bit of patience this is well worth the investment of knowledge it takes to get it up and running. The modifications you can implement and the documentation on how to do so I plentiful online. Having the ability to manipulate such a versatile plugin for your website is monumental when running a small business and literally doing everything for yourself. You can also integrate print-on-demand stores like Printful into your Woocommerce store which is one of the best features!

Contras: It can be overwhelming. If you are not familiar with the backends of websites and a little coding this might not be for you. If you are unfamiliar with e-commerce this can also be overwhelming too. The language and deep level of modifications and settings can make your head spin.

• Publicado el 22/9/2020
Mir fida N.
WordPress Designer
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 30/7/2020

"Best and most widely used WordPress E-Commerce Plugin"

Comentarios: I am really happy with overall experience of using Woo Commerce for online E Commerce store.
Free version fulfills most of small startup business requirements.Only hosting domain and other charges are needed to setup your own Business or online store website.Configuration is effortless but may be confusing for a total non tech newbie who use shopify only.Nonetheless after some practice it becomes a piece of cake.It is a much secure platform with helpful plugins to for add-on functionality.I would really recommend it for online E-Commerce store specially which are already running on WordPress CMS.

Puntos a favor: First of all it is plugin in word press environment which makes it m first and only choice as the best for making e-commerce functionality website.It has all the functions to run an online store easily with out much technical knowledge.Various plugin supplement and extend the Woo Commerce functionalities even further beyond.Payment processing and order management is handled efficiently and effectively.Too many functionalities like bulk upload,shipping management, contact info, payment management and etc make life easier to much extent like designing forms, creating custom checkout field , shop page custom price filter and minimum or max product quantities...etc.

Contras: Not much user friendly like shopify and other competitor.Still just little practice needed to learn it.Its related add-on plugins can be expensive.I had not faced any major technical issue using it.

• Publicado el 30/7/2020
Fahadh N.
Managing Director
  • Publicado el 12/7/2020

"Expand your eCommerce horizons"

Comentarios: Overall, I would rate 8/10 for a smooth e-commerce experience WooCommerce offers.

Puntos a favor: Whenever you hear the word e-Commerce, it brings to your mind about buying and selling items from a web platform. But, WooCommerce has easily expanded the definition by providing flexibility to expand the eCommerce usage towards more industries. Other than tangible goods, services also can utilize WooCommerce conveniently with a few customizations or with a few side-kick plugins (Plugins that help extend WooCommerce functionality). For instance, if you run a delivery service, you can let your customers can place their delivery through the WooCommerce-based website, calculate the payment based on the distance and then pay for it online. Likewise, many other industries that provide services can utilize WooCommerce as their virtual store. Especially at a pandemic time, people rely on online platforms to fulfill their needs. They use online platforms not only to order tangible products, but also to pay for services. WooCommerce has a very easy to use user interface that is self-explanatory even for a non-technical person. WooCommerce support multiple languages, so you can set it up according to the language you utilize. If you can read and understand the language, it's just matter of time to set up your own eCommerce system.

Contras: Out of the box, WooCommerce supports sale of products and services. But to expand it to a more powerful and customized one, you need to rely on 3rd party plugins that help you expand the requirement. Some 3rd party plugins go abandoned / outdated - which might cause the functionality of the customization you've done.

• Publicado el 12/7/2020
Danish M.
We Developer
  • Publicado el 4/6/2020

"WooCommerce look a bit old but works very well."

Comentarios: WooCommerce just helps me to create every type of feature-rich conversation-focused eCommerce website that can expensive when creating it without available options like Shopify. Although using WordPress requires some basic level of tech knowledge and to be a nice googler because you have to Google a lot of stuff to find the perfect solution and because of Free support it can take a few days of WooCommerce Officials to help you out. But I never needed their support because Google already had every solution I was looking for.

Puntos a favor: Many businesses offer easy integration with WooCommerce, It is very easy to understand and use with all the tutorials and documentation, even a beginner can configure it. Being so much customizable is what I like the most in WooCommerce, You can use either Free or Paid plugins from the WordPress Repository and integrate with WooCommerce to meet any of your needs, Whether it is marketing, optimization, sale or design changes. You can almost make any type of eCommerce website with WooCommerce using the available plugins and have the best conversion rate with optimized checkout with different Plugins

Contras: Its design looks a bit out-dated. We have to use different plugins to extend the functionality that some of them also use server resources. Its own dashboard is very very out-dated, It's very bad but fortunately, we can now use WooCommerce Admin but it still needs to improve as much as Shopify. Some of WooCommerce scripts take a lot of time loading of the front-end. For which there is no option to optimize either disable of the front pages where it is not needed. WooCommerce must update their Front-End and Back-End to look more modern and simple because people just hate the old one. Official Support can tke a long time to reach you if you're stuck at some point.

• Publicado el 4/6/2020
David I.
Sales
Telecomunicaciones, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 1/6/2020

"Create an online store and own it"

Comentarios: My experience with this software is quite enjoyable, it is a great advantage to have this plug-in to build a professional store that allows you to sell like the big companies, taking in count that you practically own the store and you can do anything you want with it and sell anything you like, forget about being suspended or penalized it is practically yours.

Puntos a favor: - This plug-in software for WordPress is something else, it is really complete and allows you to create functional store from A-Z.
- It is extremely flexible and you can edit just about anything from shipping to payment processors, give coupons perform cross sales and up sales.
- It has several paid modules but you can purchase them as you go, plus if you are starting the basic out of the box version has enough to make you money so you can start adding more paid functionalities.
- The entry base system is free and works seamlessly with WordPress and it is fully responsive to any device.
- It works great with page builders such as Beaver Builder, Elementor and others, if you do not want to code this is a good choice.
- You have the biggest companies and shipping services having interrogations for Woo-commerce.
- It has a set up wizard that allows you to get started quickly.
- There is a lot of documentation and the woo-commerce community is huge.
- You can easily find a developer that is familiar with this system.

Contras: - The learning curve you will experience can be a bit steep specially if you do not have experience with CMS.
- There is some technical data you have to know in terms of taxes and logistics info but it can be easily sorted out with an internet search or a tutorial online.

• Publicado el 1/6/2020
Web Developer
Seguros, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/8/2019

"WooCommerce is robust but can be a bit daunting to setup or use for complex situations"

Comentarios: I like WooCommerce because I use it a lot and it works well with my own Web Development I do but sometimes it's just quicker and easier to tell a client to use something else in some cases.

Puntos a favor: WooCommerce does a great job at a variety of different things right out of the free (mostly) box. Want to open a shop for your comic book collection? Done. Want to sell tickets to an event? Done. Want to just keep a log of event attendees and "sell" a free ticket? Done. Just about anything you could need to do is fairly simple with WooCommerce once it is setup.

Contras: Setup and configuration can sometimes be a bit daunting especially for those that are not well off on knowledge of WordPress. If you want to do certain more complex things with WooCommerce you can sometimes run into issues either being able to do them at all, being able to do them exactly the way you want, or finding a plugin that operates the way you need. Then, even when you do find a plugin, you have to then keep yet another plugin up to date as well as possibly pay for said plugin too. It can add up quick if you start to get a little more advanced with WooCommerce.

• Publicado el 8/8/2019
  • Publicado el 16/9/2018

"Best eCommerce for WordPress hands-down, but prepare to pay for most customizations"

Puntos a favor: When it comes to choosing the right eCommerce platform for WordPress, it's the most rock-solid, safest choice for any long term use based on my experience from over a dozen store launches. - The plugin is frequently updated, compatible and tightly integrated with WordPress (as WooCommerce was purchased by WordPress' parent company in 2015)
- The core WooCommerce plugin is freely available to install, which would work for many small, generic storefronts.
- Offers the largest selection of third-party plugins/extensions available for WordPress ecommerce.
- Wide out-of-the-box support with popular third-party WordPress themes.
- Relatively easy and fast to set up, with good documentation; offers a few free starter themes via the WooCommerce store.
- If you're willing to pay, WooCommerce can do just about anything and integrates with almost anything.
- The WooCommerce core plugin is built mostly barebones (using extensions to add functionality), which brings better speed and less bugs.
- Good customer service support and detailed documentation for their paid WooCommerce add-on extensions.
- Offers very powerful Zapier support (requires a paid add-on).
I've never had any point where I've considered using another online store platform with WordPress, or even one of the many non-WordPress hosted ecommerce website subscription solutions.

Contras: - WooCommerce extensions are surprisingly expensive and also subscription-based, requiring an annual fee. Inexpensive third-party alternatives exist, but there is risk involved.
- Building an extended "platform" such as a membership site / offering subscriptions (for example) can require multiple paid WooCommerce add-ons that rack up hundreds of dollars in annual fees.
- WooCommerce mobile app tools do exist, but do not offer much functionality beyond sales reports.
- Highly customized WordPress stores using a lot of plugins are at an increased risk to see major conflicts and performance degradation, and troubleshooting can be difficult.

• Publicado el 16/9/2018
Mike M.
HR Manager
11-50 empleados
  • Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 20/2/2018

"Powerful E-commerce Interface"

Comentarios: We've enjoyed WooCommerce during the last few years and have found it to be a solid e-commerce solution for our business. The system continues to improve and grow and we would recommend it to any companies looking for a powerful, customizable platform from which to launch their online sales and manage their customer base.

Puntos a favor: WooCommerce forms the backbone of our e-commerce website and we've been using it for around five years at this point. It handles a high quantity of orders with ease and its customization options are so far-reaching that if you can dream of a plugin for the system, it probably already exists or is under development somewhere (this may have something to do with its integration into Wordpress). Recently, we've been utilizing the Subscriptions feature to more accurately manage our customers' accounts, and this feature is particularly useful for recurring transactions. Coupons are easy to create and keep track of and WooCommerce can also be linked to external systems for more accurate monetary calculations and other relevant business features.

Contras: Reporting within the system does leave something to be desired. We've found that the reporting dashboard is fairly limited, particularly for more advanced metrics that can be found in systems like Quickbooks. However, as noted above, the system can be linked to other systems using plugins and various connectors, so it's possible to extract that detailed sales data if need be. On occasion the sheer amount of customization options can be overwhelming, as well, though this is a better problem to have than a system with too few options. The various plugins just need to be managed in a coherent fashion to ensure site stability.

• Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 20/2/2018
Aaron D.
Internet, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/12/2020

"WooCommerce is the most powerful and cost-effective eCommerce solution"

Comentarios: As a web developer, I use WooCommerce on A LOT of WordPress sites. For most websites, WooCommerce is the perfect fit and with all the documentation and plugins out there, most needs can be covered pretty much out of the box.

Puntos a favor: If you have a WordPress site and you need a shopping cart, you'll probably be using WooCommerce. Sure, there's other options out there but WooCommerce is hands down, the best solution for you. The main WooCommerce plugin is free and that gives you all the common eCommerce options that you would generally need. Then, if you need extra functionality, there are literally hundreds of free and paid plugins that you can install to extend WooCommerce further. And, if you're a programmer (like me), you can write your own PHP to hook into WooCommerce for additional customization. For most businesses though, WooCommerce by itself, or with a few additional plugins (perhaps for custom shipping or payment options) is all that's needed and it's easy to install, configure, and manage.

Contras: WooCommerce is only for WordPress, since it's a WordPress plugin. Although you can really do a lot with WooCommerce and plugins for it, some of the plugins (like subscriptions at $199) can cost a pretty penny. And if you need some custom programming, that could cost even more.

• Publicado el 28/12/2020
Abid S.
Manager Operations
Banca, 5,001-10,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/3/2020

"Excellent E-commerce Plugin For WordPress"

Comentarios: There are lots of reasons that I love WooCommerce. I really like the interface of WooCommerce, because it is very easy to understand and use. The product title, product long description and product short description, these are the fields where we can describe our products. So I always tell each and everything about my products to my website users. So after reading these details they buy the products. I have also used WooCommerce for my clients. My experience with this WordPress Plugin is outstanding. Because now I can design a good looking and professional e-commerce website.

Puntos a favor: WooCommerce is an incredible WordPress plugin which allow the users of WordPress to create a professional and stunning shopping website. Adding products and defining different categories to the products now is every easy with WooCommerce. You can publish simple product, variable product and even affiliate product. If you have affiliate marketing experience, then you should use this Plugin, because you can add your affiliate link products easily in your website. You can find different payments methods in this Plugin settings like if you have an account in any bank, you can tell your bank swift details to the customers. You can add your PayPal account, or even you can enable Cash on Delivery option for your customers.

Contras: According to my experience, display option of the different products should be simple and easy for the new users. Like in some free themes the users add this concept using code. So I think so, there should be an option in the settings of the plugin, where a user can easily display the products with different search options in the webpage.

• Publicado el 20/3/2020
Sales Operations
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/3/2021

"Best eCommerce Plugin for WordPress, but some customization limited"

Comentarios: WooCommerce is the right choice for your eCommerce store. Although the WooCommerce plugin is free, expect to purchase additional plugins (typically licensed @$20-$100/yr) for more complex features. There are typically free versions of these plugins, but they all have limitations that may force you to purchase the premium license. Examples of this could include:
1. Integration with shipping providers for live calculation of shipping costs
2. Customer Reviews
3. COMPLEX email marketing automation (basic email notifications come OOTB)
4. COMPLEX discount / coupon rules (basic features come OOTB)

Puntos a favor: Built through Wordpress, the WordPress plugin marketplace can provide nearly any feature you can think of, which gives you a lot of flexibility in your ecommerce store, albeit sometimes at an added cost. Their mobile app makes managing orders and updating products quick and simple - many times easier than using the browser interface.

Contras: For an ecommerce platform, I was surprised how inflexible the cart, checkout, and customer account pages were for customization. Anything is possible with custom development and/or additional plugins, but OOTB the pages mentioned may not provide an acceptable level of customization for some administrators.

• Publicado el 9/3/2021
Art B.
PM
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/1/2020

"E-commerce platform, where your imagination is the limit."

Comentarios: I've seen million-dollar businesses with company build on WC, but is also great for small $100/month businesses.

Puntos a favor: WooComerce is open. The sky is the limit, endless possibilities, million of plugins waiting on the repository.

Contras: Sometimes those plugins don't work with other plugins. There's no hard styleguide from WC, so plugins might be hard to use.

• Publicado el 19/1/2020
Sysadmin
Servicios jurídicos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 1/5/2020

"Woocommerce is OK for the price - needs a lot fo plugins and customizations"

Comentarios: Overall with sourcing the right plugins it works. Part fo the WC challenge is trying to be all things to all people. As a result, there are too many settings when we don;t need them and not enough when we do need those features!

Puntos a favor: The price is manageable (i.e. less than $200 /yr) and, if you understand Wordpress, can be implemented relatively quickly. Greater customizations require more plugins (or snippets) to make it work for more unique situations. (We sell courses and use additional plugins to achieve the end platform.)

Contras: Like most Wordpress plugins, when you get into trouble with a problem, there is 'some' support available but not reliable. Ultimately it is a cost / benefit trade-off. We use WC because for the price it is a reasonable solution.

• Publicado el 1/5/2020