eTapestry

Reseñas de eTapestry

Good for Database Management, Poor Communications Tools

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: I have been working in communications and development for non-profit organizations for more than 15 years. I have been using eTapestry for 2 years. I have experience with a variety of other donor management tools including Blackbaud's The Raiser's Edge. eTapestry is strong in regard to contact management, processing online gifts, and the reporting/query tools. The expense as well as the email communications and analytics are where it falls short.

Puntos a favor: Entire system is very easy to learn no matter the experience level
Managing donor records and online gifts is very easy
Reporting and query tools are easy to use even for those without a lot of experience building queries
clean, user-friendly interface
excellent customer support
simple data entry & gift processing
online giving pages import gifts directly to database, helping teams avoid manual entry & the pages can be reskinned to match your website design
easy to mass import records

Puntos en contra: expensive, especially having to pay for Advanced emails & paying an hourly fee for minor changes
eTapestry support must be requested for an array of minor tweaks to giving pages for example and it usually takes several days to up to 2 weeks to get changes finished
communications templates are inflexible and look extremely dated, often the preview of a communication you see on your screen is not how it looks at delivery, very limited analytics tools and delivery/testing options
as far as I know there is no ability to export from eTapestry to QuickBooks which means gift processing team must reenter gifts manually into QuickBooks
while it has the ability to provide personal fundraising pages, they are highly inflexible and the layouts look so dated they are almost not worth using

Great Price, good functionality, limited ease of use

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: Overall, it's a good program for the price we pay, but if it was any more we would change to a more user friendly system. The most important thing with eTap is to make sure that you have an employee who is familiar with database administration otherwise it is very easy within eTap for data to be misrepresented. In summary, if you don't have a big budget, it's a good way to get your feet off the ground, but I wouldn't look at it expecting a 5+ year/long term solution.

Puntos a favor: First of all the price for our organization is fantastic, after shopping around for a new database management system, we have found nothing close to what we are currently paying. eTap has decent functionality after you learn how to use it; once you master the basics, it has the flexibility to store just about any data that you need as long as you are willing to get a little creative in how you organize the data. The ability for the data base to be directly integrated into our website and Quickbooks is also a great feature that minimizes potential lost memberships and corrupted data.

Puntos en contra: The hands down most frustrating part of the program is that you can't have multiple tabs open within the same browser with eTap. In order to have eTap open on two different tabs, you must use a different web browser and a different login ID, which becomes a complete and total pain. It is also not the easiest program to learn and train new people on. Often we want volunteers to work on data management for us but that is really only possible if the volunteer or intern is with us for at least three months so we an spend the time training them on the program.

Been with eTapestry for over three years.

1.5 / 5
1.5 / 5
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Very recently, I had my first positive experience with phone support. Hopefully, that is an indicator that eTapestry is beefing up their customer service. We will know more as the holiday rush happens.

Puntos en contra: Since the beginning, customer support has been abysmal. Just recently, it has improved, but it took three years. Last year, during the holidays, I waited no less than an hour on hold each time and ended up hanging up because I did not have that kind of time to wait on the phone. One time, I waited an hour and a half, and when the closing time came, instead of taking my call, eTapestry simply disconnected me, and I pay extra for phone support! I gave up and was never able to reach support last year during the holiday season. This year's holiday season is just starting, so I have to see if anything has improved. Also, when we set up our account there was zero project management. They did not establish our needs, and as a result, set up the database as they saw fit. We had problems with defined fields (ones they established and ones they did not), and any changes would have cost a fortune. So we were stuck with what they did, which requires a lot of additional data input after the fact. There was also zero personal training. They provided videos to watch. That was not an effective way to train because they use their own terminology, and when you had questions to ask, you couldn't ask because you were watching a video. Hands-on training is a must! We started with a customer support person who was not in tune with our needs and was later switched to a group and lost one-on-one support.

eTapestry - A medium weight solution for Donor Management and Receipting.

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: I have been impressed with the solid support team eTapestry has. The online chat has been very helpful to me, and the specialists I have chatted with have always been knowledgeable.

Puntos a favor: eTapestry has lots of power to get things done. It is cloud-based, so there is no need for the user to worry about upgrading the software or backing up the data. Queries are very easy to produce, and exporting the results in reports, PDFs or excel is a snap. You can design your own forms so that your website can talk to eTapestry easily. eTapestry works equally well on desktop computers, tablets and cellphones. This is very helpful for fundraisers who are on the road.

Puntos en contra: If you are downsizing from a more robust package such as Raiser's Edge, be prepared for a loss of flexibility - for example, queries in eTapestry lack some of the power that Raiser's Edge has. When comparing what you get "out of the box" with some other solutions, you will find that in order to keep costs down for the average user, eTapestry is very basic. To add in eCommerce, donor logins, advanced email, etc these are available, but as an add-on pricing. This can make it more expensive than other products that have all these features to start with, so you should be aware of what your real needs are before committing to eTapestry.

eTapestry: simply the best product out there

4.5 / 5
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: The eTapestry system is by far the best we've ever used. There are many things to like including: the dashboard with its sophisticated look that integrates all of the important information in on place, which makes it simple to focus on important things like delivering programs. Our old system didn't work well, especially when we needed to pull information from it. Reporting in eTapestry is quick and it looks really professional. So far, everyone we've had to provide information to, such as accountants, counselors, and so forth, are really impressed with how the information is presented to them. Last but not least, the diy forms are a godsend. They've raised us to a whole new level in regards to our tax receipting, registration forms, and mail outs! Perhaps the greatest thing we've enjoyed using eTapestry is the caliber of service we've received from every member of the team.

Puntos en contra: So far there's nothing we don't like, but I do have some suggestions. First of all, for the diy forms, we are using one for program registrations that have a fee - the donation form seemed to be the best fit. It would be ideal for us if we could either change the wording from "donation amount" and "donation frequency" to "payment amount" and "payment frequency", or provide us with the options for wording because we don't want those who are registering to be confused about the fee because it's not a donation. Secondly, in the diy forms, where we have multiple options for users to check off, it would be ideal if we could create columns so that the form isn't too long. Finally, because we are using some of the diy forms for program registrations and we deliver programs to families, it would be ideal for us if we could have a form where participants could put in the names of their family members and those names would generate separate constituents in the database. For instance, a mother signs up for a program with her two kids. All have the same contact information, but the health information is different for all three. Currently, people have to do the form several times - once for each family member.

AVOID eTapestry at ALL Cost! Their set-up, project management and communication is abysmal!

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: This company lacks effective project management and communication with their clients, especially during the set up of their services. When they fail at communication and project management they blame the client and make you feel as if you are the "client from HELL!" Since I was director of Account Services at two major fundraising agencies, I DO KNOW project management and how to effectively communicate schedules, expectations, project responsibilities and deliverables to clients. They are failing miserably and I did not expect to get this horrible level of service and then made to feel as if I was creating the problem! if you want to abdicate all responsibility in what eTapestry does and get what they give you, you will probably like this company. However, if you are at all knowledgable and want things done in a professional and organized manner having input in how it turns out, don't go with eTapestry. You will be sorely disappointed and face ongoing threats of increased costs.

Puntos a favor: On the surface, the features are hard to beat. Their reputation through Blackbaud would lead you to believe they are a top notch organization. Their sales efforts and people are really good...attentive and always available.

Puntos en contra: This company is resting on a PAST reputation and on the coat tails of Blackbaud. As a previous Director of Account Services at two major fundraising agencies serving domestic and international nonprofits, I felt I had selected the best company for my nonprofit's fundraising soluction. BIG mistake! They know NOTHING of project management in the set up of a new client. They don't provide a schedule of deliverables and who provides what when. They do not do wire frames on their website or eCommerce forms so you don't know what you are getting. At every turn they tell you they will charge you more if you change anything. They start NOTHING until they have EVERYTHING they want but give the client NOTHING to see what we will be getting from them. THEN they take 6 weeks and don't tell you a date when anything will be delivered. When you get it, you can be completely surprised because you have no idea of what they will be delivering because they did no layouts to have you approve.

Over-complex and user unfriendly

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: As a 10+ year Raiser's Edge user, I wasn't too worried about using eTapestry as part of my new job. Boy, was I wrong.
I inherited the system and was unpleasantly surprised to find that this Blackbaud product so user unfriendly.
Even the most basic functions are not intuitive. It take more steps than are necessary to extract the information you need which means it's time consuming and therefore hampers productivity.
For example, running a query shouldn't frustrate the user to the point that they have to resort to letting Blackbaud support login to the system and run it!
Additionally, this platform doesn't have a mechanism to capture detailed notes about donors - something that is critical in fundraising!
If I were using Raiser's, I would be able to go into a donor record, open the notes field and record the gist of a conversation, meeting, etc. as well as set follow ups. In eTapestry, you're limited to a sticky note which isn't exactly the same thing -- in fact, it's nothing like it.
If you just want to keep simple data -- basically a place to record gifts, then this *might* work for you. However, you need to understand that this isn't an easy interface; most functions take multiple (and I mean double-digit multiple) steps to complete. There are other donor management programs out there that offer much more in a easier to use format ... typically for the same price.

Puntos a favor: I cannot think of a single thing.

Puntos en contra: Everything.

ETapestry for NonProfit

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Data conversion from ResultsPlus was excellent. The specialist worked with us to make sure all the data was correct and matched or improved upon how it was organized. The process also helps you become familiar with the software. So, once completed, we were able to start using without much disruption.
We've been successfully using it for over a year. Overall, it is user-friendly, with great support. Our account manager is wonderful and helps with issues/questions; checks up from time to time. Online resources/tutorial great and help navigate some of the learning curves with reports, mailings, etc.

Puntos en contra: We got an odd impersonal e-mail with a link to view our invoice.It would be nice to be able to pull it up online via our Blackbaud Account Site. Support was slow when we had a question with invoice and not easy to manage/review.
Not the best for e-newsletters - it's a little clunky to design with limited templates. We stayed with Constant Contact, but there are good integration features with eTapestry.

An Investment for Growth

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: This review was solicited by eTapestry's marketing department.

Puntos a favor: I appreciate that the product is part of Blackbaud's empire of services for the sector, so you can assume that much of the functionality is based on best practices. It has a nice graphic interface. I really appreciate the DIY form features that allow us to collect information on not only donors but volunteers and other constituents. It's been a phenomenal transformation in our ability to track our supporters and empower the board with good information. The automatic address updates we completed before our annual fund appeal resulted in an increased in renewal rates for our lapsed donors, which effectively paid for the subscription for the year.

Puntos en contra: For an organization with a smaller budget, the software investment is expensive. We were fortunate to receive a 30% discount for our first three years, but as we look to renew in the coming year, I think it will start to become more painful to pay for this operational utility. It took a significant amount of time to learn how eTap works. I was initially stunned by the costs of eTapestry's video and in-person training programs and the knowledge base is a little funky to use. Their customer service staff on chat have been super helpful, however, and that's become my go-to for answering questions. They do have free resources for training, but they are basic.

Overall a good starter CRM

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: IF you use their system, you should really consider using their payment processing as well. It is comparable to other services and will make your life easier.

Puntos a favor: The interface is easy to use and the donation processing and web forms functionality is pretty intuitive. If you haven't used a donor database before, this is a good beginning system. It has all of the basic functions you need, is fairly easy to use and fees are on a sliding scale.

Puntos en contra: Their reporting and querying system is not great. You can get what you need, but it seems to be overly complicated and often requires two or three steps where other systems can do it in one. They are making improvements on this, but the essential architecture now is the same as it was when I first used this system in 2008, so I am not sure how much they can effectively change.

Frustrating with a long learning curve

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Integration with online giving is seamless. Manual entry of gifts is easy and straightforward. It's easy to export data.

Puntos en contra: No one in our small organization uses this software regularly enough to feel proficient, and it isn't intuitive. I waste a lot of time trying to get data out of the software. Reports have to be rebuilt every time you run them, and there is no built-in year against year to date report, which seems like an essential to me. When I was given instructions on how to accomplish this, I couldn't believe the number of steps it involved. I find myself spending a lot of time running queries, then exporting them to Excel to manipulate the data to prepare something I can share with the ED and Board. I know there are users who love this software, but it isn't working well for us.

Slow loading times, yet valuable, helpful, and easy to use

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: The benefits that I get from eTapestry is a giant database that can easily access each user by using a simple 1 to 6 digit entry recognition. Being able to store all this information online as opposed to locally also benefits our organization due to eTapestry's massive storage.

Puntos a favor: I like the most the fact that one can search for a client's account by their account number, with a / before it, and find any given person within the account instantly. This sort of number-orientation makes the software much easier to integrate for importing data, especially when importing hundreds of account updates and journal entries at a time.

Puntos en contra: I like the least how slow the software is. Perhaps this is because my company is utilizing the maximum account storage (we have 100,000+ accounts on file). When clicking on someone's name, there is a loading time of 3-5 seconds. When attempting to enter a gift or a journal entry from that person, there are 2 additional loading buffers of 3-5 seconds depending on the activity within the company at that time. This severely slows our process of data entry, preventing data entry from being smooth and fast.

The right features for the the right development plan

4.5 / 5
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: I have worked with several different non-profits, and there are a wide range of products available. In many cases, people fall back on Raiser's Edge or a similarly-sized software package because it's comfortable. However, in my current position, I was creating a development department from scratch for a small non-profit, and we simply didn't need that level of software, especially not with our limited budget. eTapestry, I find, provides absolutely everything I could need at an extremely afford price point. Gone are our days of tracking prospects, donors and campaigns in multiple spreadsheets - but we don't have the complicated and, frankly, overkill options of a high-end software that's needed for the likes of non-profit giants. It's immediately accessible to fundraising veterans and novices, with access to your information from anywhere that you can connect to the internet. Plus, it grows with you, with very well-priced tiers based on your number of records. I'm a huge advocate!

Puntos en contra: I think there is still work to be done on making customization a little more straightforward. For certain, there are challenges when it comes to split gifts, for example, that still need to worked out. That said, I have not used any software that is perfect out of the box or even after tinkering for weeks, for that matter. There is always some give and take, but I feel eTapestry does a great job.

eTapestry Likely Good for Larger Organizations

2.5 / 5
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: eTapestry has a responsive customer service team. Whenever I had an inquiry, someone was there to answer my questions. Once I was speaking with a sales associate and had a question the associate could not answer. The associate passed my question on to a customer service representative and the rep called me within a day to help solve my problem.

Puntos en contra: eTapestry has many options for managing large databases. This is wonderful for large organizations, however, ours is a small non-profit. We have two fundraisers and fewer than 1000 prospect records. eTapestry was too complicated for our needs and therefore ended up only being useful for data storage. Another issue arose when we had staff turnover. Product knowledge left with former staff and training for eTapestry would have cost 150% more than our annual eTapestry costs. Training was just too expensive and, as a result, we did not utilize eTapestry as much as we could have.

Customization is both a pro and con

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Basic tools are easy to learn, especially as a first-time user. Saving attachments to records. Tracking soft credits; linking soft credits to hard credits. Ability to process credit cards and post directly in data records.

Puntos en contra: Many past development staff led to variations of historical data inputs--this is where the customization makes tasks difficult. Queries can only do AND and OR, so it can take multiple queries to get to the data needed. Can't delete accounts once a profile has been created. Can't undo merged accounts. Can't pull direct report on numbers of donor visits, donor gifts, etc (donor-focused data). Can't designate a special location for detailed donor visit reports (eTap account "Notes" isn't efficient).

Expensive platform with increasing costs and long contract periods!

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: Unfortunately, eTapestry is just not easy to work with as they were in the beginning when we started working with them in 2011.

Puntos a favor: At first I loved eTapestry for its great support and a la carte options. It is definitely a robust system. Not so much anymore since they are now part of Blackbaud. They now bundle options and railroad agencies into long contracts to get single features that used to be available a la carte.

Puntos en contra: All of the above, plus their communications tool is not the best. It would be better if they integrated with a marketing tool like Constant Contact and included that in their packages. The maneuvering through the system is clunky and not at all intuitive.

Perfect customer service and help

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: We use eTapestry for all of our donor and fundraising needs. We have used many other products and have never been satisfied until now. Every function we need - and many we didn't even know we needed - are included in eTapestry. Even more than that, whenever I have a question or can't figure something out, their online help is available and can quickly and effectively solve any problem or challenge I have. I HIGHLY recommend eTapestry for your fundraising and donor relation needs.

Puntos en contra: I don't have a single con after using them for 3 years! The only small tiny downside would be that I wish there was an app I could check from my phone.

Highly recommend eTapestry for your fundraising software. Absolutely worth the money.

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: Easy to set up queries, fast reporting features and an increase of donations because we have more time to focus on the donor and not the software.

Puntos a favor: Blackbaud's eTapestry is highly functional and very easy to use. We have almost 7,000 records in the eTapestry database. We found for queries, reporting and lists we are able to create these quicky to return the information we desire. Also, there are customizable features that we use frequently for our specific donor interests.

Puntos en contra: Our organization does not have anything negative to say about eTapestry. The service is fabulous and so is the product. We wish it were a lower cost, but feel we get the value out of the software.

Decent donor software for medium-sized nonprofits

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: It's too complicated for small organizations and not robust enough for large organizations. Since bought by Blackbaud, it seems to have been de-prioritized in terms of features, upgrades and design. Customer support is very good - but you'll need them on speed dial. Great people, great company - but this produce needs a little more TLC. Email marketing function is almost un-usable in today's mobile environment. No moves-management function, etc. 'Entirely customizable' means you have to build your own systems within. Great for basic donor info and gift tracking. Took us a couple years to 'right-size' it for us - and even then, when you have more 'work-arounds' than original offerings, you wonder if there's something better.

Puntos a favor: Customer service

Puntos en contra: Old design, clunky, not intuitive.

Great donor relations CRM with great flexibility and adaptability

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: eTapestry offers a first-rate, flexible CRM with every function necessary to create and manage the organization's connections. Coupled with great customer service, eTapestry offers a CRM that can be adapted and created specifically for any nonprofit organization. Offering both standardized and custom query options, eTapestry allows the user every opportunity to get to the information needed. Additionally, eTapestry offers tremendous system integration. Via forms and a QuickBooks connection, eTapestry integrates with your website and reduces unnecessary and redundant input.

Puntos en contra: While mass emailing components (Delivra) are less aesthetically pleasing "out of the box" than Constant Contact or other email marketing tools, eTapestry allows for Constant Contact integration if one would like to use that product instead. Additionally, CART functionality (the area where one can sell merchandise) needs to be updated to allow for greater customer flexibility and usability. eTapestry needs to allow its customers more creative license so that forms, etc. can be updated more quickly to match websites. These are ancillary issues that eTapestry is constantly working on.

eTapestry use for all levels of fundraising

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: The best part of using eTapestry is the all-around ease of navigation and training. The software is laid out in a logical format, simple to customize to fit your needs and show you the numbers you really need to know. The Blackbaud training for eTapestry is outstanding. There are recorded webinars, an online community center, an online manual, live webinars that are interactive so you can practice what you are learning, and more.

Puntos en contra: What I like least about the product is the need to continually upgrade if you want more features.

e-Tapestry: Non-Profit Software for 10,000 or less donors

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: When I worked for a small non-profit we used e-Tapestry successfully. It was a tremendously helpful to establishing our development pyramid and where our team should best spend our time to be successful.

Puntos a favor: This software allows you to track, research and analyze donors. That means you can project revenue, cultivate more effectively and have a better communicative relationship with your donors.

Puntos en contra: In non-profit, development professionals use many different types of software. I see eTapestry as the entry level software with an eventual graduation to Raiser's Edge.

Miserable and impossible

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: I would not wish this donor management system on my worst enemy.

Puntos a favor: It already has all of my data in it. That is literally the only good thing I can say about it. I would never ever purchase this software

Puntos en contra: Its impossible to run reliable reports, even their own support people can't tell me how to get the data I need out of their system. There is no easy way to expunge old records. They make it exceedingly difficult to get away from this company when your contract with them does expire. I have to clean up reports by hand every time I run them.

eTapestry is a comprehensive software solution for fund development

Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: I would highly recommend eTapestry as a software solution for fund development. Great for managing up to 10,000 constituents and Blackbaud is fantastic to work with.

Puntos a favor: eTapestry is easy to use, query and reporting features are dynamic and static and constituent records are easy to record journal entries, take notes and track information about donors.

Puntos en contra: Sometimes the reporting features change due to updates in the software (on in the cloud), but the customer service is top notch and will troubleshoot these concerns and find a solution to resolve the issue.

eTapestry Is A Great Product!

Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: We receipt over 50,000 gifts annually. eTapestry saved us with their automatic pledge and recurring gift schedules with credit cards and EFT. We have over 3,500 gifts go off automatically each month. If we didn't have this feature, we would need to hire at least three more full-time staff for gift receipting. The ease of building queries and reports for mailing lists, monthly financial reports, moves management processes, and anything the VP needs is incredible. In my old database, it was a 24-hour process to run our alumni magazine mailing list. The first time I ran the list in eTapestry, it only took 15 minutes. We've been with eTapestry for seven years. I know many of their staff personally and enjoy the relationship that I have built with them over the years. Their support staff are amazing!

Puntos en contra: I miss the old days of eTapestry when they were their own, small company. Although Blackbaud has allowed them to advance in some areas, I miss some of the small company touches that used to be there.