Opiniones de Constant Contact

4.2 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.2 /5

Sobre Constant Contact

Todas las herramientas de marketing, características y orientación experta que necesitas para tener éxito, todo en un solo lugar. Crea tu sitio web gratis hoy mismo.

Descubre más sobre Constant Contact

Mostrando 1,826 opiniones

Robin I.
Graphic Designer
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 31/7/2019

"Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales"

Comentarios: I've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.

Puntos a favor: There are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.

Contras: I've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.

• Publicado el 31/7/2019
Hafizah S.
Assistant Manager Business Development
Telecomunicaciones, 1,001-5,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/6/2021

"Constant Contact review"

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Contras: Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

• Publicado el 5/6/2021
Aaron S.
  • Publicado el 30/8/2016

"Great For Large Contact Base"

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.

Contras: There are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.

• Publicado el 30/8/2016
Lisa T.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/4/2021

"We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!"

Comentarios: Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Contras: The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

• Publicado el 6/4/2021
Adam B.
IT Operations Specialist
Producción audiovisual, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/3/2021

"Get up and running easily"

Comentarios: Overall, I like their niche. They are not trying to be something they are not and they have made huge improvements over the years to the GUI Interface.

Puntos a favor: The ease of making a custom email was exactly what we were looking for. We send out a Holiday greeting each year (we buy 2 months worth of CC every year). Once we have made a solid contacts.csv file the rest is really drag and drop. Also, a CC representative threw in a sample email that looks like our website...it was pretty neat, but not Holiday appropriate. Overall, our Holiday email goes out without a hitch and we get some nice reporting on the back-end that helps us for next year.

Contras: My only pet-peeve is if you want to cancel the subscription, you have to go through a sales rep. Slightly annoying in our case. However, all the reps were friendly and low pressure. We were able to cancel in one phone call.

Yvonne K.
Administrative Assistant
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/4/2021

"Working with Constant Contact"

Comentarios: Overall, I like the formats and the several different platforms Constant Contact provides. I can do an email, plan an event or do a survey.

Puntos a favor: I like most about this software is the integrating with my database. I don't have to type all my contacts.

Contras: I have to go threw each contact and remove the ones who have cancelled their membership with the Chamber, but didn't unsubscribed, and if someone unsubscribes they cannot be added back. Corporations have blocked emails from Constant Contact so those members cannot receive emails from my organization.

• Publicado el 7/4/2021
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/3/2021

"Constant Contact is Expensive and Missing an Obvious Feature"

Comentarios: Constant contact is not the easiest email marketing software to use if you're new to email marketing. It's also one of the more expensive options out there. It does a good job with what it does but it could be more intuitive to use.

Puntos a favor: It has a lot of capabilities and helps you manage your marketing communication fairly well. There are a ton of uses for everything it can do so you shouldn't need to look outside this app to handle your marketing, but unfortunately, you do.

Contras: Constant Contact is missing a feature that it used to have. It no longer integrates with WordPress Blog Notification automation. You have to sign up for a third-party software that is quite expensive in order to do this. Constant Contact should realize that a lot of companies are marketing website posts and website updates in order to increase traffic back to the site.

Peter S.
Administración gubernamental, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/5/2021

"A solid platform for sending out mass communications."

Comentarios: I think Constant Contact is an overall solid platform that makes it fairly easy to compose mass emails.

Puntos a favor: I like the drag and drop interface to create marketing emails. I also like all the customization options, such as including photos, columns, videos, etc.

Contras: The process of managing contact profiles, such as unsubscribing or resubscribing contacts, can be a bit cumbersome. I also wish there were a few more layout options for the emails, such as more custom columns.

• Publicado el 9/5/2021
Roxanne J.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/5/2021

"Constant Constant is an easy way to stay in contact with your donors"

Comentarios: Constant Contact has made it very easy for us to stay in contact with our donors. We can also segment our emails to different people in our system.

Puntos a favor: I like that it was included FREE with DonorPerfect. It also integrates with the database so you can send out emails to ALL your donors or segment them per their giving history.

Contras: That I really can't do all the graphics that I would like to do. There is probably a way to do this but I really don't know how.

• Publicado el 22/5/2021
Aline D.
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo
  • Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 14/5/2021

"Tried it and was not for me"

Comentarios: Good in the beginning. Lots of promises. From a small company point of view, I expected more. Do what you say you are going to do!

Puntos a favor: It was an easy process setup with all documentation and videos available. Options were clear for each step.

Contras: I was told and online, it indicates easy syncing with Woocommerce. When trying to do so, my account got stuck at updating. I was told I had to purchase another app to enable the sync. Nowhere was that indicated.

• Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 14/5/2021
Michele M.
Owner, Editor, Publisher
Edición, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/11/2020

"Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business"

Comentarios: Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Puntos a favor: Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Contras: As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

• Publicado el 5/11/2020
Michelle O.
Development Officer
Administración educativa, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/10/2020

"Ease of use for Small Shop"

Comentarios: The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Contras: Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Neffer K.
CFBU Coordinator
  • Publicado el 10/7/2018

"Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will"

Comentarios: I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Puntos a favor: I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Contras: I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

• Publicado el 10/7/2018
Selene M.
Publisher
  • Publicado el 26/6/2018

"Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!"

Comentarios: Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Puntos a favor: As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Contras: While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

• Publicado el 26/6/2018
Feyisayo E.
Freelancer
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/7/2020

"Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best"

Comentarios: I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Puntos a favor: 1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Contras: Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

• Publicado el 9/7/2020
Curt L.
  • Publicado el 25/11/2017

"Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service"

Comentarios: The email analytics and reports are great.

Puntos a favor: I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Contras: When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

• Publicado el 25/11/2017
Erica S.
Administración educativa, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/2/2018

"It keeps getting better!"

Comentarios: Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Puntos a favor: Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Contras: It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

• Publicado el 27/2/2018
Cheryle B.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 9/12/2020

"Review for Constant Contact"

Comentarios: Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Puntos a favor: Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Contras: I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

• Publicado el 9/12/2020
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Política pública, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/9/2018

"Robust Email Marketing"

Comentarios: Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Contras: Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

• Publicado el 3/9/2018
Sonia del valle U.
Analista de Datos
Ocio, viajes y turismo, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/12/2018

"The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact"

Comentarios: Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly.
It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns

Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Contras: I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

• Publicado el 6/12/2018
Trish K.
Volunteer
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 201-500 empleados

"Email Marketing"

Comentarios: Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Contras: The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.

Sheri D.
Marketing Manager
Automoción, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 29/8/2019

"An email marketing platform that works!"

Puntos a favor: We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Contras: The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

• Publicado el 29/8/2019
Jeff J.
Business Manager
Medios de difusión, 501-1,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/1/2020

"A nimble framework with solid variety"

Comentarios: Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Puntos a favor: Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

Contras: While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

• Publicado el 17/1/2020
Daniel A.
Marketing Manager
Administración educativa, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/7/2019

"Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing"

Comentarios: We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Puntos a favor: It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Contras: Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

• Publicado el 18/7/2019
Karen S.
Director of Communications
Instituciones religiosas, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/2/2019

"The industry leader that I WANT to love"

Comentarios: Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Puntos a favor: It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Contras: The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

• Publicado el 7/2/2019