Valoraciones medias

4.3/5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.1/5

Sobre QuickBooks

Gestiona las finanzas de las pequeñas empresas. Acceso instantáneo a la información de clientes, proveedores y empleados. Disponible en una versión en línea.

Descubre más sobre QuickBooks

Mostrando 16,511 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Yojensi M.
lic. Administracion de empresas
Supermercados, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"El mejor software de contabilidad que he usado"

Comentarios: Fácil de manejar, el sistema es muy cómodo, entendible y económico.

Puntos a favor: Su fácil modalidades para operarlo, fácil de ver tu trabajo realizado. Todo muy entendible.

Contras: Siempre me sentí muy a gusto utilizando este sistema, así que no tengo ninguna queja.

Tim A.
Lead Pastor
Instituciones religiosas, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 18/9/2019

"Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances"

Comentarios: QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Puntos a favor: I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Contras: There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

por Intuit el 19/9/2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Publicado el 18/9/2019
Gloria P.
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/11/2019

"Perfect for small business"

Comentarios: Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Puntos a favor: I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Contras: The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

por Intuit el 5/11/2019

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review!

• Publicado el 4/11/2019
President/Owner
Servicios medioambientales, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"Crucial Part of Any Successful Business"

Comentarios: I have been able to do much better cost-analysis and budgeting using QB. My company's "health" can be monitored regularly that shows me things such as what expenses I need to cut or reduce or what types of services should I be selling more of that show higher profitability. Overall, I am very happy and will continue to learn and utilize it every day. Thanks Intuit!

Puntos a favor: The best features of this software is that it is WEB-BASED and my bookkeeper can CONTINUALLY UPDATE it so that I have real-time data. Quickbooks (QB) SYNCS VERY ACCURATELY with my current CRM system for sales and scheduling which provides me with the ability to create reports from QB that I can use when analyzing profit/loss and balance sheet info.

Contras: The software is relatively easy to use, but I would like to see MORE VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE so that I can use more of the many features that QB has that can help my business.

Jasmine G.
Bookkeeper
Hostelería, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/10/2019

"Complicated"

Comentarios: Overall I would say QuickBooks is more of a software made for people who don't know much about accounting. In that sense I would say it is very user friendly for those people. However when you put an accountant in front of this software my first questions were: "Where is accounts payable?" "Where is accounts receivable?" "Where is the general ledger?" These things just aren't marked that way. My first confusion was entering in invoices. Now usually this would be an expense but if you enter it in as an expense in QB it's really accounts receivable and you'll have to enter it in as a bill. Also one of the most confusing parts is keeping up with daily reports. Now I do understand that not every type of business needs to be doing this but in the hospitality business this is a requirement. This software makes it very easy to skip past a day and do other days and it will constantly change the "number" you had named the previous day. I find this slightly annoying and confusing. Sometimes I just don't remember what day I am on or what day I am missing simply because I can skip forward days (which can be nice). My overall opinion is slightly indifferent I would honestly rather only work with M3 only because QB runs slow. I think if it ran more smoothly I think I wouldn't mind working with it but it gives me a headache of how long stuff needs to load and get errors because it can't load all my properties at once.

Puntos a favor: What I liked most about this software was that you can connect the bank account to the property. This way it makes managing money and bank recons so much easier and faster. I also enjoy that I can easily delete and edit invoices or journal entries. This is sometimes a con as well. It all depends on if you know you won't accidentally click on something you shouldn't. I also like that I can easily enter in invoices and other things just by clicking on the + button.

Contras: My least favorite thing about this software is that the longer it is up the slower it gets for me. I am not sure if this is just my problem but we do also use M3 (another accounting system) and it never slows down for me no matter how long it is up for or what I'm doing. Of course it will take some time to load your first selection but runs super smoothly after. I am very disappointed at how slow this software runs for me. I am also not a huge fan of the layout of invoices and checks written. Looks slightly disorganized in my view.

por Intuit el 16/10/2019

Hi, Jasmine. Thanks so much for your detailed review. Simplifying and allowing you to manage accounting tasks all in one place is our top priority. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks! If you ever need an extra hand, we invite you to check out the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of how-to articles, and can even post your own questions to receive advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Additionally, to resolve any lag issues, we recommend the following article (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771586).

Cheering you to continued success!

• Publicado el 15/10/2019
IT Manager
Comercio mayorista, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/4/2020

"Long time use in Company"

Comentarios: As the business grows this application is able to grow with us.

Puntos a favor: We're able to integrate QB with our CRM software and eliminate double entry.

Contras: Limit to 5 users with a professional account.

por Intuit el 16/4/2020

Please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated. Feel free to check out the attached link if you're interested in acquiring more users. (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/pricing/) The QuickBooks Online Advanced subscription allows 25 users, along with tons of other features that might have your interest. Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Publicado el 13/4/2020
Robin P.
Client Relations
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/9/2019

"Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose"

Comentarios: It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Puntos a favor: I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Contras: It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

por Intuit el 1/10/2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Publicado el 26/9/2019
Eve G.
VP
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/9/2019

"So EASY to manage multiple companies"

Comentarios: I have used this software for years and am very pleased with its functionality. I have used it for companies tracking Inventory and companies that require Income by Client Summary which was one of my favorites! We currently manage about 15 companies quite successfully.

Puntos a favor: * So easy to maneuver from one company to another
* Straight forward and easy to train bookkeepers on its use
* The help functions are great because it contains solutions so many different scenarios and questions from similar users
* QuickBooks Onlin Account is accessible from anywhere so staff can work remotely when necessary

Contras: * Program hangs up from time to time so it requires logging out and back in.
* From time to time a function seems confusing, however if the online help doesn't provide a solution that works for us, we can use the Contact Us function for assistance.

• Publicado el 17/9/2019
Diego P.
Director of Operations
Servicios jurídicos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/10/2019

"Quickbooks Online is the best"

Comentarios: Thanks to Quickbooks online, now our accountants don't really need to come into our office to work on Quickbooks. They can just log in from their offices.

Puntos a favor: I can log in from any computer when needed. Is simpler to use than the desktop version of it. I like the new look with a minimalist design compared to the desktop version.

Contras: When we first got it, there were a few bugs when trying to write checks. For some reason when going back to look for the checks, they didn't appeared in the system. I noticed so far the issue was probably solved with an update.

por Intuit el 28/10/2019

Hello, Diego. We know running a business doesn't always happen at one single location, so it's great to hear you've been able to complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can continue to count on us to keep it simple. We recommend checking out the Community to continue learning about your account or if you ever need a helping hand: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for a great review!

• Publicado el 22/10/2019
Rachel B.
Principal Consultant
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/2/2020

"Easy to use and integrates with many project management softwares"

Comentarios: Overall my experience with QuickBooks has been pleasant. My point of contact has been extremely helpful and was one of the reasons I decided to commit to this software.

Puntos a favor: I like that it seamlessly integrates with Avaza making invoicing very easy to manage.
I like that it connects with the ATO and my accountant so managing GST, PAYG and Tax returns are no longer daunting.
I like that you have a direct point of contact with your account in case you have any questions, you get to know 1 person and they get to know you and your business.

Contras: It would be great if we could import our own invoice designs/templates or have more flexibility in formatting the design of the invoice such as fonts, colours and what information to include or remove.

Jordan H.
Associate Club Director
Deportes, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/3/2020

"Quickbooks Review"

Comentarios: Overall, it is a great product and does serve it purpose. However, to fully get the most out of your money it does seem that further training or classes are necessary.

Puntos a favor: This software allows us to track cashflow and easily balance our books for our company. We use it to pay contractors and write checks and to invoice customers as well. It has many positive features.

Contras: There are so many features that it can be overwhelming and confusing at times. We have frequently had to call into customer service for assistance or try to watch many tutorial videos, and still have questions on many aspects of the program.

• Publicado el 26/3/2020
Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance
Productos farmacéuticos, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/5/2020

"Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!"

Comentarios: Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Contras: One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

• Publicado el 5/5/2020
Fazal G.
IMPA-BRI
Medios de difusión, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/4/2020

"My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced "

Comentarios: Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Puntos a favor: QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Contras: However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

• Publicado el 20/4/2020
Bakari C.
Web Content Developer
Redacción y edición, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 15/4/2020

"Great for Preparing Quarterly Taxes"

Comentarios: Overall, I have a good experience with Quicken Self-Emloyed because the application is easy to use and I don't have to go and manually update transactions on a daily basis. I review it about once a week, right before my quarterly taxes are due.

Puntos a favor: I've been using Quicken self-employed, which is part of QuickBooks, for about five years now. I have seen the online application improved with more useful features, and user interface. I basically use the online version of Quicken to send out invoices, and keep track of business related income and expenses. I particularly like how Quicken syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices. The invoice feature is very useful because I can send with a single click reminders to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received. Quicken also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. once Quicken knows how you want to assign particular transactions, as business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use Quicken to assign tags different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how your spending your money. Quicken is very useful for giving me an estimation about my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.

Contras: Quick Self-Employed is about $4 too expensive, and it doesn't provide very good support through its online chat system.

por Intuit el 16/4/2020

We'd like to thank you for being a member of the QuickBooks family for the past 5 years. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using the product. Feel free to visit our Community, as it's a fantastic resource for helpful info regarding the product.(https://community.intuit.com/) Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Publicado el 15/4/2020
Donna A.
Office Admin.
Agricultura, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/4/2020

"Very Happy with this software."

Comentarios: Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Puntos a favor: You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Contras: Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

por Intuit el 14/4/2020

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Publicado el 9/4/2020
Dr. joseph D.
Chiropractor
Práctica médica, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/3/2020

"Big improvement over the desktop version"

Comentarios: The newer online version is two thumbs up. I had a CPA that recommended I go back to the program and very glad that I took his advice. The new streamlined format is exactly what I need for my business.

Puntos a favor: I love the fact that I can check out, update and work all my financials from my ipad, phone and computer. I used to use the older Quickbooks desktop version years ago. I dumped it because it was really hard to use. I am a Chiropractor and not a CPA. The past couple of years we have been using the online version and it is exactly what I wanted/needed for the finances and my Chiropractic office.

Contras: The only problem that I had was, setting up the original accounts and Paypal. I did not set the original accounts up correctly. My bookkeeper fixed all this and explained it to me. From there everything worked out great. Except for the PayPal app. I am happy that I do not do much business through PayPal because it is the only account that I need to spend some real time with to reconcile and make sure I do not have duplicate transactions.

• Publicado el 17/3/2020
Larry M.
Owner/ Inspector
Propiedad inmobiliaria, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 20/2/2020

"QuickBooks Pro Easy to set up and use "

Comentarios: I have used the software for two different small businesses. The prior company I used many of the features including Banking, Estimates, invoicing, and Payroll. My present business I no longer need the estimates and payroll. It is nice to be able to see exactly where I am cashflow wise and also comparing profit and loss with prior time periods. I also use it to keep all of my client's information in one place. It also links seamlessly with my Home Inspection Software (HomeGauge). It imports all the client info easily into the report.

Puntos a favor: It seams to be very intuitive (no pun intended) in its use. It also is easy for me to send the company file electronically to my accountant for year end Tax purposes. My accountant actually recommended quickBooks many years ago and have using it for well over 25 years, and for two different businesses during that time. It is also worth noting that I have upgraded about every two to 4 years and have not had any problems loading the company files into the newer version.

Contras: About the only thing I did not like was customer service. When I did have to call them with a particular problem, they wanted to charge me for it. Even when it was clearly a defect in their software. With a small company and not needing to use all the bells and whistles the software is capable of, I opt to not have the support included but they do have the (paid) option for those that may need frequent support.

• Publicado el 20/2/2020
Bookkeeper
Construcción, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/2/2020

"I taught my brother over the phone!"

Comentarios: I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

Puntos a favor: The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself. Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

Contras: I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service. One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Andrew M.
Accountant
Contabilidad, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 11/2/2020

"Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings"

Comentarios: Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Contras: There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

• Publicado el 11/2/2020
Mark G.
Self Employed
Internet, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 1/2/2020

"Quickbooks review from a long time user."

Comentarios: I would rate my overall experience with QuickBooks as Very Good. It is not the most sophisticated accounting software on the market but interface and general user experience makes it a top choice when looking for non industry specific accounting software.

Puntos a favor: I have been using QuickBooks with multiple companies for over 15 years. Have found that once the learning curve has been mastered the interface is intuitive and clean to work with. Over the years many of the ancillary weaknesses or lack of added needs have been addressed. While I used to think QuickBooks wasn't evolving quickly enough with changing needs. They have improved greatly over the last 5-6 years and I feel the software has become flexible enough to handle our growing and changing needs.

Contras: I would say my main concern has been the lack of sophisticated statistical analysis that other accounting software provides. Quickbooks has been addressing these concerns over the last few years and has and is improving in these areas.

• Publicado el 1/2/2020
Isaac tatenda F.
Accountant
Agricultura, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/1/2020

"Quickbooks review by Isaac Fungura"

Comentarios: I have been able to capture all inventory, sales, receipts and payments data and all journals seamlessly.
I have also been able to extract customised reports such as trial balance, income statements, statement of financial position and statement of cashflows.
Customer & supplier information management has been made easy by the flexibility offered by Quickbooks

Puntos a favor: The user interface is easy to use, flexible and keeps up to date with trends. Inventory Management - Allows seamless management of our multiple warehouses across the country. You can easily check inventory quantities on hand, set up re-order quantity and make orders within Quickbooks. This saves time because you then receive the goods in Quickbooks with their serial numbers and instantly updates the inventory ledger. When issuing out the goods for sale or utilisation, the serial numbers are also tracked and inventory & sales account are updated instantly as well. In terms of flexibility, you can attach receipts of your expenses that you incur on the go or, acquittals submitted by our field team to the finance office - these can easily be scanned and attached to the transaction for easy of audit trail/reference material. The same can also be done for sales - customer KYC information can be attached to the datatbase or the transaction. For instance farmer details including farm location Users can also chat online in QB and discuss transaction matters while working. They can also chat with the Admin to address challenges being faced. Online banking - you can easily link QB with you bank statement feed to avoid manual capturing of transactions into the cashbook. Import/Exports of data - you can easily export reports or import large data sets to avoid manual capturing of transactions such as journals or inventory issues. Invoice & dashboard customisation

Contras: System is sometimes unstable, especially when handling large amount of data with multiple users and multiple work stations/locations
Excludes payroll function, which is an add on module at a cost
Excludes project management feature, hence you have to get another software to run your project management
I was also not able to link external excel sheets to automatically update the ledger and vice versa without importing or exporting data.

• Publicado el 20/1/2020
John B.
Executive Director
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/1/2020

"Accounting Without a Financial Background"

Comentarios: When I became the Executive Director at our home care agency, my list of responsibilities went from strictly operations (my background) to include every component of the company. Without any experience in accounting or finance I was somewhat nervous about being responsible for overseeing our finance division as well. QuickBooks is so user friendly, that with some basic training from our Financial Manager, and some time spent on YouTube, I was able to quickly gain an understanding of where our agency stood from a financial standpoint. The fact that I could understand this so quickly is a testament to how user-friendly QuickBooks truly is. I'm able to easily monitor where our company is with regards to Accounts Receivible, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Profit and Loss. Our agency has grown significantly over the past few years, QuickBooks is one of the reasons that we've been able to scale up so easily. I highly recommend it for your business!

Puntos a favor: -I really like how easy it is to navigate the dashboard. I can quickly go in and find whatever I'm looking for at that time.
-QuickBooks' ability to interface with Apps such as Expensify, that allow us to keep everything in one place is a great feature as well.

Contras: -We initially had a difficult time syncing it up with our bank account. We were able to eventually set it up, but it took some back and forth to figure it out.

• Publicado el 17/1/2020
Scott L.
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/1/2020

"The Default Small Busines bookeeping software"

Comentarios: We mostly like it. It dominates the market so much that it has become the default bookkeeping solution. I think the only reason to choose something else would be if your business far outgrows QuickBooks, or if your business type is particularly well-served by a niche product. Some add-on features are useful, such as 1099 reporting. There are many third party add-ons available.

Puntos a favor: The main thing to know about Quickbooks is that it is the dominant player in small business bookkeeping. That means that every CPA knows how to use it and can help you to set it up for your business. Nearly any bookkeeper you might hire has used it before, so their learning curve should be short. It is cloud based, so your data is much safer from disasters than if you stored it on your own server. User support, while less than perfect, is at least plentiful through the message boards and other sources you might find in bookstores or on the internet. Although it is not optimized for government contracting, you can set up a chart of accounts that complies with DCAA requirements, and use the "Class" feature to distinguish between government contracts / customers. With such a large user base and development team, it is reasonably bug-free and feature rich.

Contras: About once or twice a year, they seem to make a change to the user interface...notionally to improve the user interface, but for us it vexing that features we used to know where to find get hidden under some other menu. Some cursing ensues in the office, then we find where the feature is hidden, and work continues as normal. Sometimes they seem to push the add-ons we don't want, such as payroll or financing. The subscription price went up a lot after we had been loyal customers for a couple of years...meaning it is a lot easier to stay with them and pay the higher price than it is to go shopping for an alternative.

• Publicado el 13/1/2020
Theresa H.
Operations
Comercio mayorista, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/1/2020

"Accounting software for beginners to experts"

Comentarios: We're a small-medium sized business, and Quickbooks is the best option for us to do our own accounting. Once a year, we'll send the file (it even has "send an accountant's copy" options) to our professional accountants to look over.

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks is honestly the easiest, most straight-forward accounting software I've encountered. And if there's something you can't find, they have an awesome how to section online, where you can find professional advice or even advice from other users! Their home screen has little arrows pointing you in the right direction (like Sales Order -goes to-> Invoices -goes to-> Receive Payments). Makes it easy for even computer illiterates to use! It follows a very easy structure, so if you have any common sense but no accounting background, you can still figure out what to do!

Contras: Quickbooks sometimes has little glitches or shuts down when you're trying to do something. It's not that big a deal, doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's usually when you have someone on the phone waiting for you, and you're trying to get QB working again.

• Publicado el 8/1/2020
Antonio E.
Product Consultant
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 2/1/2020

"Best Accounting Software for SMBs"

Comentarios: With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Puntos a favor: The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Contras: Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

• Publicado el 2/1/2020