Opiniones de AppFolio Property Manager

Sobre AppFolio Property Manager

La solución completa de software de administración de propiedades que agilizará tu jornada laboral y se centrará en los resultados.

Descubre más sobre AppFolio Property Manager

We love the ease of use, flow of the interface, and the online integration, the cost is inline with other comparable software, so you definitely get what you pay for.

Contras:

Totally closed system (no open API), so it's impossible to integrate other things with. Their in-house call center is expensive and poor value for the money, considering wait times.

Valoraciones de AppFolio Property Manager

Relación calidad-precio
4.4

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.8/10

AppFolio Property Manager tiene una valoración global de 4.5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 1,824 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado AppFolio Property Manager antes?

Filtrar opiniones (1,824)

Zak
CFO

Growing Together

5.0 hace 6 meses
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Joe
Joe
Executive Vice-President en EE. UU.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 201-500 empleados

#1 single-family residential PM software

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

Contras:

The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

Robyn
Owner en EE. UU.
Contabilidad, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

This program does it all!

5.0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: I used quickbooks and Peachtree in the past, and they don't even compare to this one!! This one has freed up so much space on my devices too, because I don't need 5 programs anymore, this ONE does it all, and for much cheaper.

I love that I've been able to stop paying separately for postage machines, for label makers, credit and background checking, and a few others.. This one program has taken the place of 5 programs I've had to use in the past. And it's so much cheaper then paying for 5 others and their monthly fees..

Contras:

I haven't found any cons about this program. I really can't say enough good things about it. Don't stay on the fence about this one, you'll be so glad you tried it out

hace 3 semanas

Hi Robyn, we are so thrilled to see that you are enjoying AppFolio! Thank you so much for your review we greatly appreciate it.

Adriane
Owner/Broker en EE. UU.

Underwhelming

3.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Range of utilities for residents/resident portal

Contras:

Clunky. Limited control. Requires too much involvement of AF in making everyday changes. Not efficient. Glitchy login

el mes pasado

Hi Adriane, thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We know how valuable time is for owners of, we hope we can improve your experience moving forward.

Traci
Owner en EE. UU.

Appfolio

4.0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: I do enjoy it, the customer services has been amazing to work with. We are still getting used to the program, and how to best use it.

I like the ease of use, and the easy access for tenants. I love the dashboard, and unit turn. It would be nice to see some tweeks on the dashboard to make it more personable. Texting feature is by far our favorite.

Contras:

The way deposits are processed. We run ours in/out of that account. I don't like that it meshes into the owners account and makes their reports really sloppy and full of info they don't want to be bothered with. I wish the owners reports were easier, P & L version is the ones my owners like, but they are really difficult in appfolio, becuase they are 1-31st of the month only.

Julie
Supervisor/Prop Manager en EE. UU.

Appfolio Review

5.0 el mes pasado Nuevo

The best thing about Appfolio is the constant improvements they make.

Contras:

Some features that we need are not currently available and this increases the amount of time we spend in gathering what is needed to complete the task/report.

hace 3 semanas

Hi Julie! Thank you for your review - we greatly value all feedback. Please take a moment and share your thoughts regarding the features you are interested in on our Product Suggestion Board - this is the best way for our Product team to be aware of your needs and will communicate with you on what they are working on!

Tammy
Property Manager en EE. UU.

AppFolio PM review

4.0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: I truly do like the system and once we are fully up and running I hope it will be easier to do reporting and making sure things are correct.

The software is easy to access from different parts of the system/program. I can easily find residents, owners, and vendors as needed. This allows me to not waste time searching for items that I need.

Contras:

The least appealing has been the transition to AppFolio from our current system of Propertyware. Things that were promised would be integrated were not and we have had several issues with payments, late fees, etc. transferring over to the new system when they said it would be effortless. It has not been effortless.

Saad
CEO en Portugal
Servicios jurídicos, 11-50 empleados

I love this website

5.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Read Good experience with AppFoilo Property Manager i love this web

Most like thing of this website is timing they team have very good timing and very soft talk

Contras:

No this website is too good i don’t think so they have any problem

la semana pasada

Hi Saad, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you are enjoying AppFolio.

Tagie
Marketing en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo

Appfolio

5.0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: My experience working with this product has been good would recommend it

I'm able to share and promote houses and everything else and I'm able to sign people up

Contras:

Is that it moves kinda slow and it's not beginner friendly

Mackenzie
Sales en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10,000+ empleados

Tenant Portal Use

4.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: It is a decent platform for property management.

It makes it easy to set up payment plans and track lease payment.

Contras:

I wish that they kept our lease easily accessible in the AppFolio app so that it can be located quickly. It also would be helpful to have a contacts tab for tenants to easily access their landlords and contacts.

hace 5 días

Hi Mackenzie, thank you for your review! If the Property Manager is sending the lease through AppFolio, then the tenant can view their leases on the Property Details tab. If they aren't sending the lease through AppFolio, they'd have to upload the lease to the tenant page, share it with them, and then it would appear on the Shared Documents tab. It depends how the Property Manager is doing it, I would suggest reaching out to the Property Manager directly to get further information!

Manager, Employee Communications/Engagement en EE. UU.
Telecomunicaciones, 10,000+ empleados

Standard for Property Management Software

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

The software is easy-to-use, both from an admin and user perspective. It is simple, intuitive, and sets the standard for what a website looks like and should be when it comes to property management.

Contras:

It sometimes can take customer support to respond slower than the ideal timeframe, but otherwise, it is a great product.

Joseph
Staff Accountant en EE. UU.

Great Software, Better Tech Support

Comentarios: Fantastic software.

User interface and tech support. The user interface is intuitive, more often than not at least, and the tech support is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Contras:

It is build on a Cash basis accounting system (extremely helpful for property management but numbingly difficult for COA/HOA management, which is by definition an Accrual game)

Danny
Cam en EE. UU.
Servicios para instalaciones, 11-50 empleados

Data Configuration and Segregation of Data by Association

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I think overall it has been a good experience but the on-boarding team should highlight the things we need to do to make it easier down the road when we grow to more that 2 or 3 associations. When doing work for an association we need ways of setting temporary defaults to allow to do billing, payments, reporting etc. without having to enter the association over and over. Even this survey was not set up right. You ask what the industry was and none of them dealt with what we do like Association Management.

It is easy to use for sure and support and on boarding was great.

Contras:

The product is too slanted toward rentals or property management with one association. If you had 60 associations in a portfolio you have all your GL Accounts, Bank Accounts, Vendors all together. This is just good design from a functional stand point making customers name things to know the difference. You should keep things separated by Association. Weak design from a data structure point of view making it fit the small companies but not good for the larger portfolios.

Pamela
Owner/Qualfying Broker en EE. UU.

Switched from LiveRez to Appfolio

5.0 hace 3 años

The accounting is thorough and generally easy to use. Originally, 5 years ago, some of the ways they did things was different but over the years, things have been much easier & user friendly. I used another accounting property management software & it was a nightmare integrating with QuickBooks. Half the time it wouldn't migrate right. This has made my accounting & booking much simpler, easier & faster. The end of the month accounting to owners takes me less than half the time it used to. Very happy overall

Contras:

The fact you can edit the website ourselves. I've used other property management software (LiveRez) and you can update pictures, website page wording and descriptions directly. AppFolio requires you to submit to their team and it take a few days to get done. In this day & age, that should be something we can do ourselves as we need to. Plus updating pages allows for search engines to rank us better.

hace 3 años

Thanks, Pamela. It's great to hear you are finding the accounting side of AppFolio easy to use!

Sherry
Accounting Supervisor en EE. UU.

Appfolio Review

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I love Appfolio and how they always are trying to improve the software!

Easy navigation throughout each piece. The leasing and accounting flows easily to the reporting. All of the pieces link very nicely.

Contras:

The balance sheet sums all of the bank accounts into operating cash and escrow cash. It makes it hard to see individual bank account balances on the balance sheet. The late fee program is very laborious when dealing with 2000+ units and residents. The minimum fee bills on a unit even if you didn't collect income. There is a lot of work to make sure we don't bill when the unit is vacant.

Kendell
President en EE. UU.

Our experience with Appfolio

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We used to have to make lots of phone calls and texts with people that want to see our vacancies. Now they can schedule viewings on our web site. We used to have applicants fill out paper applications. Then we would type in much of the information in the credit reporting software so we could run credit reports. Now, applicants complete an online application and we click a button to run the credit and background reports. Once we approve the applicant, we click a button to move them over as the tenants of the unit. It automatically emails and text's them a link to their own tenant portal where they can pay rent online and make maintenance requests online. Appfolio is like having one or two employees that don't need to use the restroom, take breaks or that you have to have workers comp insurance on or pay employment taxes for, etc. It truly is a great solution for property managers.

I love how easy it is to advertise our vacancies. Then the interested parties can schedule viewings and apply for the property right from our web site. Once we select a tenant, we can transfer all of their information from their application over to make them our active tenant with the click of a button. I love how easy it is for tenants to pay their rent online or at pay stations and it goes directly into our bank account and calculates the management fees.

Contras:

The reports could be a little better. On multiple units, the reports don't break down the expenses by unit number very well. So, the owners aren't able to tell on their reports what a management fee charge was for because the charge isn't broken down by unit number. As a result, we get calls from upset owners and our accounting department has to create reports outside of the software to make sure the owners are satisfied. This takes extra time when the software could easily break down these expenses if it was programmed to do so. Our accounting department said that the bookkeeping side of the software could be better.

hace 3 años

Thank you for your review, Kendall! We appreciate the feedback.

James
Executive Property Manager en EE. UU.

Great Initially but Caters to Larger Companies Now

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My overall experience has been generally positive however I wish they would offer the same features and services to all of their clients regardless of their portfolio size. If you already have the technology available and a cost structure in place to offer these services, I don't see how portfolio size matters. Overall, it's a good product but they're starting to nickel and dime customers for services previously included in the monthly subscription prices. They're also releasing a lot of cool new tools such as the artificial intelligence assistance however you should verify that you're going to be able to access all of the tools you want to before signing up as you might discover that you don't meet their minimum portfolio size to take advantage of such features.

I love how easy it is to use and that it's got everything integrated from inspections to maintenance to accounting to contract management. It also posts my listings to a bunch of websites automatically.

Contras:

It was initially a perfect fit for our company. We wanted our website and property management software integrated and we loved the features such as the tenant portal etc. In the past couple of years, it seems that they are gearing themselves more toward large companies (1000+ units) as they are only making certain features available to their larger clients (i.e. Lisa AI / artificial intelligence secretary) despite having the technology already to accommodate all clients regardless of company size. Additionally, we paid a lofty website setup fee when we originally enrolled in the software in 2014. They charge anywhere from $1000-5000 to redesign the website and as of March 2021, they are forcing everyone to migrate their website over to a new design and imposing a monthly fee to host the website in addition the the regular monthly fee.

Jessica
Operations Manager en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Sketchy at first, but FELL IN LOVE!

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have really grown to love Appfolio. It just simplifies life in the office and makes our job easier and allows us to be more efficient for our tenants.

This software can literally do everything. It is a one stop shop. I got rid of 7 different (paid) programs and now have JUST Appfolio- which does the work of all of them.

Contras:

There is nothing I dislike about the software except that they are still growing thus the functionality is still growing. I strongly disliked the "car salesman" pitch of the sales team. They promised a lot of things that the software couldn't deliver at first; however, we learned to get around it and in some cases, the functionality was built out (during our first year with them)and that feature is now available.

hace 3 años

Thanks for the feedback, Jessica. We're glad to hear that you've grown to love AppFolio!

CJ
Accountant en EE. UU.

Very Nice Property Management Solution

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have used Appfolio as a maintenance technician, property manager and now accountant for the whole portfolio and I have had a pretty easy time with it every step of the way. I would recommend to at least give it a try before selecting another software.

Easy to use for users of all skill and job levels. Makes tracking Receivables and Payables very simple. Constantly being updated and enhanced with new features at no new cost (some do cost but the majority are free updates) Customer support is always quick to help and respond. I feel like I get the same support agent 95% of the time, which makes it feel comfortable and like a working relationship rather than some random customer support person every time.

Contras:

Some of the editing and finer tuning options are lacking. (Example: not being able to rearrange line items on a bill or journal entry. You can only delete or add new to the bottom, no editing between without having to manually redo everything from the edit down.)

hace 3 años

Thanks, CJ. We appreciate you leaving us a review. We are constantly listening to your feedback to inform our product and we'll be sure to forward your feedback to our Product Team! It's great to hear that you are using AppFolio in all areas of your business.

Shawn
President en EE. UU.

Would recommend AppFolio

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Automated reporting, and records management for property managers is efficient and works well.

Easy to use and understand at the site level in most respects. Reporting to various owners is automated. Includes free on line payments for our residents.

Contras:

The marketing of vacant units to various advertisers was a real plus but this has gone downhill since we originally adopted use of AppFolio.

Lyman
Realtor / Property Manager en EE. UU.

Appfolio & Me

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I love it! I found the Appfolio program did save me time with all parts of property management duties I have.

Once I learned the program, Appfolio made the job easier. The owner statements were easy for my owners to understand. Love the ability to upload copy of invoices to owner statements, so they could see my deductions if there were any on the given month. This saved me time from answering calls from owners that had questions about the owner statement. The online features made it easy for Owners & Tenants to see everything related to their property.

Contras:

Being a very small company it was a little more expensive than other programs out there. The learning curve was a bit tuff, but Help was always there to assist me if needed.

Sheryl
Resident Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Best Property Manager Software I've used in over 22years!

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I have had nothing but a great experience with AppFolio. I love the fact that it does everything and that it gets better every single week. I love the functionality of it, that you can send text messages to your residents and get immediate responses back probably 90% of the time, I love the fact that it auto populates all you forms for you. I love that most tenants pay rent online so there are hardly any checks to deposit each month. we can send group messages to an entire unit at the same time either via email or text message. I have never felt lost and there is nothing that I cant figure out how to do on my own. The help section is amazing and there is also a forum where you can also get help from other users. I am so glad my company started using AppFolio. There is so much more that I could tell you about that AppFolio does, be glad there is a limit on how much information I can give you!! It is really great software hands down.

I love AppFolio, it does everything all together in one place, no need to have multiple programs because AppFolio has everything you need to be organized and professional. You can basically go paperless using this software. It is very easy to learn, there is self help that walks you through things if you forget or need to learn how to do something. They are always adding new things and making AppFolio better. Our company is actually one of there testers so we get the new updates to try before they are even released. AppFolio takes you through the leasing process from start to finish and takes care of everything in between. Your company can upload all the forms you could possibly need as templates (applications, leases, notices, letters, renewals, terminations and you can also make your own letters to add as templates.) All forms auto populate and give you the ability to edit as needed to fit the tenant(s) you are sending to. Everything between you and the tenant can be completed online such as applications, leases, changes in terms, addendums, lease assumptions and more. Tenants and managers are able to sign forms digitally which is great. When everyone has completed signing it automatically send a copy of the signed document to each resident and the property manager. Rent can be paid online, maintenance requests are done online. Keeps all your records in one place. I have never used a better software product and I have been in this business for 22+ years.

Contras:

This is a hard one because AppFolio since it started has listened to its users and just about everything we've asked for to make our jobs more efficient and easier they have made happen. There is literally one thing that comes to mind that I wish was different. When you print something from AppFolio you click to print to PDF then it opens a PDF copy of what you are trying to print, then on the PDF you go to file, print, then your printer opens up and you hit print again. to me its a lot of steps just to print something. But if you look at all the pros in this software having to click 4 times to print something is really nothing! (me being lazy or in a hurry) Who knows, one of these days I might come to work and they'll have changed it and it will print with one click!

President & Owner of company en
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Outstanding software, but customer service could be better

5.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Overall, I am extremely pleased with the software platform and I have not regretted switching to AppFolio from our previous property management software platform. Making the switch to AppFolio was a very beneficial business decision, from a number of perspectives.

AppFolio is very intuitive and the learning curve for basic functionality and navigation within the software is relatively short. The "help" section is generally very informative. From a property management, unit-based accounting perspective, the software is very robust and offers tremendous bang for the buck. Using the software platform streamlines work flow and provides increased efficiency within the office. The Tenant and Owner Portals are hugely beneficial for all parties. Paying rent (Tenants) or sending funds for maintenance & repairs (Owners) is simple and quick. The ability to submit online maintenance requests through the Tenant portal is also a positive feature of the software. Work orders can be generated directly from the maintenance request and they can be easily tracked to completion. The text & email capabilities within the software are also positive features. Having the ability to review email/text history without having to search through an external email program is terrific.

Contras:

The Tenant Move Out & Security Deposit Disbursement process is one of few features that I don't care for. Processing security deposit claims where a portion of the SD is forfeited to the owner, a portion of the SD is forfeited to the management company and a portion of the SD is refunded to the Tenant is not a smooth or intuitive process. Security deposit funds cannot be retained within the escrow account until funds can be legally disbursed - they are automatically transferred from the SD escrow/trust account to the management/property account. This places an additional burden on accounting staff to ensure that funds are not inadvertently released/disbursed before statutory time frames allow. It would be helpful if the state specific SD disbursement protocol could be customized by the end user.

Respuesta de Mackenzie

hace 7 años

Dear David, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We are happy that AppFolio has been a beneficial change for your business! We have made significant changes to the move-out process and next up we'll enhance the move-out accounting flow. When our product team begins researching the needs for the move-out/security deposit accounting flows we will have a Product Manager reach out to you directly to learn about your use of this feature!

Laura
Accounting Director en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

AppFolio - a well-rounded leasing and accounting software

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Our property management company decided to use AppFolio when we brought all of our bookkeeping in house, taking it from a 3rd party bookkeeping company. At first, we were just looking for bookkeeping software, and AppFolio fit the bill in a reasonably priced package. We soon came to realize how many more features there were with AppFolio, at no additional cost, and how we can streamline much of our leasing process to save time and eliminate typos and duplication of effort. And we came to find out how AppFolio listens to its user and improves its product - "What's New" item pop up weekly or more often! We've made several suggestions ourselves, and now they're part of AppFolio functionality! We consider AppFolio our partner in helping us serve our investors and our tenants.

There are several things that I like about this software. I think the top of my list is that there is so much functionality related to apartment leasing/management that is all integrated - basic general ledger accounting, tenant accounts receivable, screening applicants, online leasing, attachment of invoices, statements, agreements, etc to appropriate pages in AppFolio, vendor payments, owner payments, 1099's, financial reporting, etc, and on top of that, it's an online platform available from any computer or mobile device, live and up-to-date for all users.

Contras:

Currently my biggest frustration is RUBS for utilities. The feature is set up in such a manner that we are unable to use it because it allocates costs to anything considered a "unit" which for us includes non-residents who lease a parking space. I have made sure that top management and the development team at AppFolio are aware of this flaw in the functionality of this feature, so I'm hopeful there will be a resolution.

hace 4 años

Thanks, Laura! It's great to hear that you are using so many aspects of your software and thank you for your feedback regarding our utility billing feature. We are constantly making updates based on customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Doug
Owner/Manager en EE. UU.

From Doug Hancock HALO Manager's Corp 1450 units under management

5.0 hace 3 años

Ease of use, quick search, archived records, online payments, ability to scan files into clients portal, pay bills online. We basically did a 15-20 year upgrade . They said when we bought the software it would be like adding an extra employee to our office and after a years use, I would agree. The data entry alone for our bill payments was a two to three day job with our old software, now just a few hours to pay 300-400 invoices a month.

Contras:

The biggest frustration that I have with the software program is during the transition from when a tenant gives notice to move out and getting a new tenant into that same unit. For whatever reason, when a tenant gives notice and we put that information into the system and click the notice prompt and give the date of their move out (usually 30 days). That unit is going to be vacant and we begin to market for a new tenant, however, when we find a new tenant and we want to put the new tenant name and the deposit money into the system under that unit, we are UNABLE to put a pending tenant into the system until there is a complete move out. We need to get that money in the bank and a new pending tenant into our upcoming move ins. Usually the way we have done it is to manipulate the move out dates and then put the charges in later when the real move out occurres They must be a way to put PENDING tenants into to a future vacant unit in an easier way. We love the software, but because we have 30-50 move outs and move ins each month, it is very frustrating that when a tenant gives notice, the program should then allow pending tenant information to be entered to that future vacant unit and right now we can't.

hace 3 años

Dear Doug, we appreciate your review. If you are trying to move in a new tenant while there is an existing tenant in the unit, just make sure that the dates do not overlap and you will be able to perform this action!

Bill
CEO en EE. UU.
Propiedad inmobiliaria comercial, 2-10 empleados

A "looking forward" Solution

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: This software has made our lives easier, and more productive. I have been able to send funds to a client who needed them desperately from the deck of a cruise ship. We are all very happy with our choice of AppFolio.

We have been using AppFolio for five years now. In that time, the features and adaptability of the software have increased significantly. When adopted the software, it really wasn't really geared toward commercial properties or owners associations. Since that time, they have really made it a great solution for us in those segments of the property management profession. They listen. They make changes/additions to the features based on feedback from the users. They can't satisfy every individual firm's specific method of handling an issue, but they really pay attention to providing a feature for the vast majority of users. One amazing feature they added was at a customer conference. At the beginning of the conference, they took a poll of what one feature would the users like. The overwhelming majority selected a calendaring feature. The initial roll out of that feature was released by the end of the two day conference. Since then, the calendar feature has become very robust and a great management tool. Back-up issues are no longer a worry.

Contras:

Nothing so far. Another Pro: Another example occurred shortly after the first conference I attended. I was sitting at one of the outstanding mixers. A gentleman sat down next to me, said that he was with AppFolio. He asked if I had any suggestions as a new user. I said that as a data entry convenience (I'm an old programmer from the '60s), I was all about reducing keystrokes. I mentioned that it would be nice if you were in a date field that you could change the date by tapping the + or - keys. Turns out that he is one of the leaders of the firm, and the feature was activated in most date fields by the end of the week.

hace 4 años

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Bill and for continuing to partner with AppFolio. We look forward to continuing to work together!