Opiniones de SolidWorks Premium

Sobre SolidWorks Premium

Herramientas de CAD mecánico, validación de diseño, gestión de datos del producto, comunicación de diseño y productividad CAD en un solo paquete.

Descubre más sobre SolidWorks Premium

SolidWorks is know for its easy to use Intuitive interface with least Learning curve. It has seamlessly integration with all Add on's which ensure's design is always up to date.

Contras:

Simulation and analysis part is limited with limited options and the results are not too accurate when as compared to the other softwares.

Valoraciones de SolidWorks Premium

Relación calidad-precio
4.1

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.6/10

SolidWorks Premium tiene una valoración global de 4.6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 586 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado SolidWorks Premium antes?

Filtrar opiniones (586)

Bruno
Bruno
Ingeniero Electrromecanico en Perú
Automatización industrial, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The most complete software to design mechanical parts and carry out your engineering work.

5.0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: We are currently creating mechanical parts through this software so that we can manufacture and assemble them and sell them to our customers.

This software is great, it is very complete in its functions, it inspires me to create and design mechanical parts. The software is complex, you need to take some courses to understand its use, but when you understand it, it will be easy for you to use it. Integration in the company is very important because I am the one who manages it and its integration for my colleagues in the company was easy because they already had knowledge of the software.

Contras:

This software does not lack functionalities, it is very complete and essential for any company or professional that uses it. The integration in our company was easy since we had knowledge of the management of the software.

Raúl
Mechanical Designer en España
Arquitectura y planificación, 51-200 empleados

The best program to 3d design

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It is the best tool for manufacturing and industrial CAD.

You have the possibility of carrying out a multitude of engineering works in any sector with spectacular results, and it also allows you to carry out real analyses.

Contras:

Sometimes there is a bug in service pack versions that can make the job a bit cumbersome.

Mechanical Engineer en EE. UU.
Aviación y aeroespacial, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Industry standard software; headaches must also be industry standard

3.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: SolidWorks can be both the solution to and cause of many problems in my day-to-day engineering work. If the developers spent more of the thousands and thousands of dollars charged annually per seat on fixing existing issues and improving stability, rather than cramming in new features, maybe this software would be worth hanging onto. We are looking at switching to CAD package built with modern needs in mind (eg Siemens NX). This is a great software to learn CAD basics with, however, in part because there are lots of guides and tutorials online due to its popularity. Currently, we couldn't live without it, but we sure wish we could and will be hopefully moving to a different software package in the near future.

SolidWorks is a very powerful software for mechanical design. While FEA in Premium can be limited, it's very helpful for performing basic statics analysis of a component. If you take the time to set up component, weldment, fastener etc libraries and tweak several hidden settings, you can do a lot of complicated designs and large assemblies, then generate drawings and BOMs all in one software package. -Hole wizard and similar tools are extremely useful -FEA is helpful for validating designs -Reference and parameter-driven components (when they work) within assemblies allows flexible and complex designs -Convenient tools like sheet metal, weldments/structural members etc make industrial design easier

Contras:

Unfortunately, SolidWorks' strength is also its weakness. Over the years it has become extremely bloated with features and truly needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. -Unstable. Crashes at least once a day unexpectedly and with little to no warning, with no hope of recovery, even on hardware built specifically for running SW. -Unreliable and finicky at times, settings/references/converted entities/mates are notorious for somehow spontaneously changing or breaking between sessions. -Solving mates, especially in large assemblies, can be extremely slow. Eg. adding and mating fasteners to an assembly with hundreds of parts is a nightmare. -Drawings are convoluted and performance hurts with large assemblies. Chock full of features but hard to use. -No great built-in way to create/export clean BOMs from assemblies without putting in a lot of work. -SINGLE CORE? IN 2021?? COME ON! Not all operations have to be limited to one thread!

Eric
GM- Finance en RU
Maquinaria, 11-50 empleados

Best of Breed for Engineering Design Software

5.0 hace 3 meses

The nesting feature for drawings has been extremely helpful as well as the component registry

Contras:

The software has been a key element for our business but the price point and the independent vendor sales method is frustrating at times

sam
principal en Canadá
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo

One of the best full featured 3 D software

5.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Great sophisticated and full featured 3 D software

Great collection of the specialized sample drawings to build almost any applications

Contras:

Not so easy to use and need a training and practice to be good at utilizing full features this software offers.

Mario
Technical Support Eng. en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 1,001-5,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

SW has helped non-experienced CAD users.

5.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Being a non-experience CAD user and using other CAD softwares the SW Premium allows easier integration to Engineering teams to almos anybody with different engineering backgrounds.

Similar CAD softwares required weeks of training to take use the softwares, but SW from the first time you start the program, very intuitive, and with basic drafting experience the rest is just a matter of practice.

Contras:

As any CAD software the loading times on big assemblies are dependent of the hardware used, normal for the premium version which covers many aspects to design parts, tooling and processes.

Marketing Executive en RU
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados

Great Software, would reccomend

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: I would say my experience with Solidworks has been very positive. Once you learn how to use the software, it really is a joy using it.

Solidworks has a range of different features that pretty much cover everything you need. I use Solidworks to develop products and have found the software helpful every single time, and through different stages of product development. From design, to manufacturing and engineering, it has everything you need.

Contras:

As mentioned above, there are so many features in Solidworks, so it does take a lot of time to get your head around everything. I had to watch so many tutorials and read about how to do certain things in Solidworks for months before I felt confidant and comfortable using it.

Industrial Designer en Argentina
Diseño, 5,001-10,000 empleados

Benefits and struggles of Solidworks

4.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Solidworks guarantees your 3d model is possible to produce and has special plug-ins for certain manufacturing processes. Modelling in Solidworks is intuitive and complements the knowledge of the manufacturing industry while also having the best interface and automation features for blueprints and 2D drawings

Contras:

Organic surfaces and volumes are hard to figure out how to model in Solidworks (specially comparing to other 3D modelling softwares used in the industry)

Teacher en Egipto
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

The best programs that help us in the field of engineering

5.0 hace 5 días Nuevo

Comentarios: The most profitable ever in the design of three-dimensional, which contains an amazing, comprehensive and sophisticated library, has skilled engineers constantly developing the libraries and tools of the program, and the distinctive of the program is that it walks with the world in technology, there is everything new, you can move your design from one place to another.

I can see my project on another laptop. I can select what I need to edit from the library. I learned in a small period.

Contras:

you most use Good devices, occasionally it depends if we use the little big command.

Vishesh
Vishesh
Senior Engineer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10,000+ empleados

Best Designing Software

4.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Solidworks is a brand in the designing market, It is one of the best designing softwares available for complex projects. We can import almost all types of files, the Solidworks library is also very useful for designers.

Contras:

Nothing as such which i dislike apart from the costing of the product.

Shoukhin
Founder & CEO en Bangladés
Aprendizaje en línea, 2-10 empleados

Solidworks is All rounder as a 3D modeling Tool

5.0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Overall, I have had a positive experience with SolidWorks Premium. It is a powerful program that allows me to create complex 3D models with ease. The user interface is easy and the tools are powerful. I have been able to save time and money by using this software for product design.

As a Designer, Solidworks is the best solution for me for creating and modifying 3D designs. There are several versions of SolidWorks, but the Premium edition is the most comprehensive. It offers me an intuitive user interface, powerful engineering tools, and extensive libraries of components and assemblies. I can get a realistic view of how products will look before they are manufactured - this can save time and money. I can easily create complex designs that would be difficult or impossible to create by hand. I can quickly and easily export designs to different program applications for further refinement or production. This will allow me to make changes to the design or produce it in a different format. This software is very easy for me to use and it can be helpful for beginners too. They will be able to create complex 3D models in a short amount of time. I can use this 3D tool to design products with complex shapes and curves. The Bill of Materials Management feature can help me keep track of all the components that go into my product, and how much each component costs.

Contras:

Sometimes, I can't understand some of the tool features to execute for modeling. It is hard to find some errors that occurred while designing a complex model. Sometimes, I get stuck on what tool to use or how to fix an error in my model.

Md Sazzad
Md Sazzad
Founder en Bangladés
Redacción y edición, 2-10 empleados

Solidworks-Best Design tool for Mechanical Engineer

5.0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: I use Solidworks for a lot of purposes, such as designing 3D models for objects, creating 2D drawing, and even doing surface design work with sheets of metal.

Solidworks is one of the top design tools for mechanical engineers, providing them with functionality and features that allow them to create and redesign their designs easily and efficiently. As a Mechanical Engineer, I am using this software since 2016 and it is saving me a lot of time. It provides me with all the necessary tools to quickly create 3D parts and products that are ready for production. There are many advantages to designing in Solidworks, one is that it is easier to design 3D models than Autocad. Within a short time, I can build detailed dimensions directly into SolidWorks. With the new dimensioning toolbar in SolidWorks 2020, I can now quickly and easily create accuracy and precision in my designs. There are a variety of different ways to see Solidworks, giving you the flexibility you need. Some views may work better for certain tasks while others provide a more detailed look at your project in general. Being able to navigate through designs has also been made incredibly easy by the design tree on Solidworks. It even provides a way to deal with any problems that may arise from changes or edits.

Contras:

Solidworks should have an advanced rendering system to make it easier to render 3D models. Often, solidworks software is unable to handle large assemblies while on a low configuration.

Shubham
Shubham
Operations and Training Manager en India
Diseño, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Phenomenal CAD tool for futuristic renderings

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We're creating Robots and industrial solutions for our clients. Some models require kinematic links and joints in order to show the motion in a robot. Therefore, with the help of software, we're almost doing 60% of our company's work on the software and it;s generating 70% of revenue using this.

Solidworks is the most versatile CAD tool, that doesn't require much training in order to learn and create the components. I have been a regular user since my internship days. Was in the R&D department, creating components varying in size from minute to big. and with Solidworks, the life of designers is very easy; thanks to its numerous features that help creating animations in a real-time frame.

Contras:

I haven't found any major fault which I don't like except one thing. In order to design really amazing and realistic components, you require a versatile system with a dedicated RAM and Graphics Card. As such companies are releasing their software every single year; so it become difficult for manufacturing companies to cope up with their software eligibility criteria. Rest everything is the best I have found so far in the software

Mechancial Design Enigneer en Egipto
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 51-200 empleados

The Best and Easiest Cad Software

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I like solidworks very much and i advise every design engineer to use it

Solidworks is the best, the software helps you to make designs very easily and quickly in just a few steps, it's much widespread in my country and the developers are working hard to make it much easier for use, I like also when they add feature which ease the work much more.

Contras:

1-You need to subscribe every year for the software and I think than subscription value is expensive. 2-No backward Compatibility, example: You cannot save a file from solidworks 2020 to use and edit on solidworks 2018, this may force you to buy the subscription every year to keep up with the software update 3- Catia files - as another Dassault software- should be fully supported on solidworks as solidworks files exactly 4. every year the first s.p like sp0.0 and sp1.0 have too much glitches and sometimes your work files get corrupted because of these glitches. 5-Gaming Gpus power cannot be fully consumed by solidworks as they are not certified or totally compatible with solidworks, and I think the developers need to work on this point

Supun
Supun
Student en Sri Lanka
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

Design with SOLIDWORKS

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: As a whole Solidworks is one of the best Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software in the world. When considering with other CAD software, Solidworks is specially designed to model 3D mechanical parts. We can model every single part of a machine separately and then we can assemble it using the same software. Also, we can simulate some machinery parts. But for the simulating, we need much powerful hardware. After assembling the parts modeled we can take a print of the machine including different elevation views. This software is very useful for professional designers and they can buy this software for their companies. I do not recommend this software for individual use because of the price.

Solidworks is a great software to design objects in a professional level. Either a 2-dimensional plan or a 3-dimensional object, we can design it easily using Solidworks. If you have not used this software previously you might think it is hard to learn this software. There are many menus, buttons, panels, etc. in the user interface. But you can learn it very easily because of many tutorials for this software available on YouTube for free. I too studied the software in the same manner. The price of the software is in the midrange but it is worthy because of the features included in Solidworks. Solidworks has a new way of marking dimensions in our design. It is so easy that we only need to select the dimensioning tool and drag down the needed piece. Extruding also became easy because a ruler pops up when we begin to extrude. Solidworks is very useful especially for mechanical engineers, civil engineers, and architectures. They can model their dream using this software.

Contras:

There are few drawbacks of the software that I faced while using Solidworks. Since I used some 3D designing software earlier, I feel little bit hard to model objects in Solidworks. Only few primary shapes are included with the software. Some shapes are very hard to model. The price of the software is relatively low when considering with other professional CAD software. But there are many free solutions available in the software market. Therefore buying Solidworks is not a good idea if your project is small. My friend has an Apple computer and he could not find Solidworks software that compatible with mac OS. I think Solidworks for mac OS will release soon.

Nasir
Nasir
BDM en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados

User Experience

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Loved working on solidworks as it declaration stands "Spend less time in learning and more time in developing a product"

When you have limited knowledge in 3D CAD and really want to design some products but not willing to share the concept over words but a 3D design ready. Then you really need Solidworks modules and specially Premiuem module which is the top end of CAD portfolio. With basic idea of 3D designing i could start exploring solidworks and build any concept and also do some basic simulation without any or limited knowledge in simulation concepts as the product comes with simulation features and requires minimal data to start a simulation

Contras:

With all my time using solidworks i could never find any difficulty or fault other tan if any feature is missing or is in limited condition this when escalated would be looked in detail by design and development team and pulled in next possible updated to resolve and serve the need.

Brian
Design Engineer en EE. UU.
Diseño, 201-500 empleados

Career Using Solidworks

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, Solidworks has become a trusty tool for me. I'm able to get my point across clearer with a 3D drawing with detailed views to the customer instead of working on a physical model. I suggest taking classes if you're very new to the world of 3D modeling but if you have an understanding of it, a quick set of Youtube tutorials can get you on track easily. I recommend this product to anyone who has a creative mind and wants to make objects digitally with hopes to transfer it into a physical model.

Solidworks is good for taking things you've drawn and giving precise dimensions to make it as accurate to the object you're trying to create or recreate as possible. You're able to transfer these drawings to machines that can cut and print what you've done after. Since this software is so popular among design/engineer firms, thousands of tutorials and helpful guides can be found on the internet to help with anything you are trying to produce, along with many forums with knowledgeable people that are willing to help. It has many modes that can simulate object properties if you assign a material to it and will give you a close representation of what you'd expect in the real world.

Contras:

Solidworks has trouble with organic shapes. If you are doing something that requires a bulbous shape you might need to look elsewhere like 3DS Max or Maya. It also has trouble with the spline command, which requires a bit more finesse when controlling it.

Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting) en Venezuela
Ingeniería civil, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Lower cost, powerful and friendly CAD simulation program

4.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: As a hydraulic engineer, SolidWorks is an essential component in my CAD software kit specifically for the mechanical design of valves, pipes, and structures as well as for the simulation and verification of structural faults

The price of the program is really one of its main attractions, considering that meets the expectations and needs of mechanical design. It has powerful 3D design capabilities and a very friendly interface. Solidworks is a more thought-out and useful program for mechanical engineers and designers and is not as appropriate for the architectural design. It can be used to create 2D and 3D designs, has enough tools to incorporate elements such as shading, textures, lighting, and transparencies that facilitate the reading of the design. Another advantage is its library of materials and the possibility of creating customized materials that can be stored in this library. You can also add and edit any text, and like other CAD programs, the design work is done in layers that you can easily select and change. Also has the option of extrusion that easily allows you to create a 3D model from a 2D plane or the reverse process. The design facility includes a customizable palette where you can locate the tools that are most used and also, also we have the function of recording macros. SolidWorks offers the possibility of working with DWG, DXF, STEP, STL formats, as well as printing their designs in 3D. Additionally, one of its main advantages is that we can work with raster and PDF files. As for the simulation process, the significant advantage of SolidWorks is its SolidWorks Security Factor Wizard, with which you can examine the created design and locate structural weaknesses.

Contras:

Although the renderig, illumination and the photorealistic representation are not powerful as those obtained with other CAD programs, they are still powerful and allow to visualize the designs with an acceptable quality. SolidWorks tools are powerful for small projects, such as specific parts and components, but they are not efficient for the design of more complex projects such as large motor examples.

punit
Owner en India
Fuente de la reseña

I have been using it for more than 5 years now and it has helped me tremendously.

5.0 hace 4 años

First of all it is very easy to start with even if just mess around with it for sometime you will learn many things. Not only that it has so many tools with which you can design anything, nothing is impossible with this software. To start with you can make parts, assemblies and 2d drawings. You can work with solids, surfaces, weldaments etc. For sketching there is 2d sketch as well as 3d sketch. In solids there are so many interesting tools like extrude, extrude cut, sweep, loft revolve which help you make your parts easily. If your parts are complex then you can use surface tools which has the above mentioned tools plus others like boundary surface, fill surface, trim surface which work wonderfully with splines and curves. Also this software allows you to import parts made in other softwares easily as well as export in many widely used formats. It also has plugins for various other softwares like machining softwares (CAM), renderers like keyshot, tools like camnetics etc. All in all I would say this software is value for money for engineers, product designers, mold designers etc.

Contras:

I would say that there are very few negative points with this software. Also if there are they keep updating the software and resolving the bugs present. Yes but I would say that updating is costly and for small shop owner like me it definitely is a big investment to update. There nothing that you can't achieve with the older versions but yes you get tempted by watching the new features they bring in every year.

Kyle
Drafting Manager en EE. UU.
Construcción, 51-200 empleados

CAD for Experts

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: SolidWorks has been a major asset to the company and the key piece to the success of our companies CAD abilities. We make use of parts of the program many people may never touch, such as pipe routing. While it has it's drawbacks, the benefits of using software such as SolidWorks allows us to do much more specialized work without our industry that other programs do not have the capability of producing.

SolidWorks does nearly everything under the sun when it comes to CAD design. From 2D and 3D sketching, to mechanical assemblies and full simulations.

Contras:

SolidWorks tends to be a bit unstable at times. Dealing with high amounts of features and parts can slow down the software if you don't have a very robust system. Crashes will be, unfortunately, a way of life at times. It does a decent job of backing up and recovering files during these crashes so work is not always lost. Save often is the most important piece of advice I can give to anyone using SolidWorks

Alejandro
Alejandro
Design Engineer en Ecuador
Petróleo y energía, 2-10 empleados

My experience with SolidWorks

4.0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Although I have not worked much with this software, compared to others, I can say that most mechanical element design softwares are very similar and if you have already used other software of this type, it will be very easy to use SolidWorks.
With very little training I have managed to make simple machine assemblies without any problem, just like the simulations

It is one of the most used software in the industry for the design of mechanical parts, so it has been improving over the years, it is very easy to use from the beginning, it is very intuitive, so you can start drawing with little training. There is a very large community in case you have any questions. Designs can be validated by using finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics, so no other software is required.

Contras:

Like most of these software, SolidWorks is somewhat expensive, so the investment is justified when handling large projects, for the design of individual parts or small machines, you can opt for cheaper options or free software. The computer necessary to use SolidWorks must have very specific characteristics in terms of CPU, GPU and RAM memory, so the initial investment is somewhat expensive.

CEO en Italia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

A CAD no-brainer

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall we've been satisfied, fire it up, model parts, model assembly, do the additional tasks, job done. Revisions mid way? Ok, as far as late stage revisions can be deemed "ok" in a cad software.

Been using Solidworks for ages, has less hiccups than the alternatives and gets the job done, even with complex assemblies.

Contras:

The latest versions, while expanding on collaboration and SAP-ish features, which is good, seem to lack a bit in straigthforwardness. Some recent UI redesign slowed things a little bit.

Ronald
Engineering Manager en EE. UU.
Plásticos, 51-200 empleados

Good Deal

4.0 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: I have created a lot of product designs quickly to determine the weight of a product to get our customers an accurate quote, and a picture they can see. We also use it to design fixtures that can be made at another shop.

Solidworks is very easy to use. You don't need a lot of training because once you have the basic concept down, it becomes intuitive on how to create models. There are many ways to complete the same commands, so it can just be a matter of preference on which method works best for you. Customer support was able to help me with almost every problem I had except for third party hardware issue. It's customizable, but not too customizable.

Contras:

Solidworks can crash at times and work is lost if you don't save it. There are some features that I was not able to create in solid that probably could be done in surfaces if I had time to learn it.

shaikh
shaikh
Subject Matter Expert en India
Aprendizaje en línea, 501-1,000 empleados

SolidWorks: One of the best software for Mechanical Engineers

5.0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Overall SolidWorks is the most useful tool for the Mechanical Engineers beginners, as it will give them the foundation who want to design and analyze real life models as per the real time scenario.
There is no need of another software is assemblying the product, SolidWorks will also do the same for you, plus it also has drawing window where we can make General Assembly drawing and can add Bill of Materials, Title Block, Detailed Drawings, etc.

The best part about the software is that, I can directly use it without any prior experience because of it's simple user-interface and placing of all the features in a very concise manner. SolidWorks has a large collection of Material Database I can any materials ranging from metals, alloys, non-metals, and super-alloys and with the presence of Design Library I can directly import all the standard components like gears, nuts,bolts, keys, washers, etc. Thus, saving my modeling time. Also, there is no constriction in using the feature, I can make simple model to very complex models very easily. With integration of SolidWorks Simulation, I can analysis and study my models in different scenarios and boundary conditions. Another plus part is that I can save my file to any extension I require, I can save my model as jpg, png, pdf, iges file to use it in ansys, stl file to 3D print it, etc.

Contras:

The meshing feature present in SolidWorks is not advance as compared to Ansys and lacking manual meshing option, hence with increasing complexity of the parts I can't mesh according to my requirements. The SolidWorks Simulation is also quite time consuming considering the involvement of the complex parts. Intermittent crashing of the software is also oneof the major concern I face sometimes.

Design Engineer en EE. UU.
Productos farmacéuticos, 201-500 empleados

Excellent Product

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: The amount of features offered by the software allows me to do all sorts of tasks. From 3D modeling to CAD.

I love the customization ability and various features offered.

Contras:

The software tends to crash more often than i'd like.