Opiniones de Curve Dental

Calificación media

• En general
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Curve Dental

Curve Dental es uno de los principales proveedores de software de gestión de prácticas médicas basado en la nube para los dentistas modernos.

Descubre más sobre Curve Dental

Mostrando 193 opiniones

Danielle C.
Danielle C.
Executive Assistant
  • Publicado el 12/9/2018

"Excellent Cloud Based Software"

Comentarios: We love it and recommend it highly

Puntos a favor: This is the best software we have used for multiple doctors in multiple locations. It is also cloud based so we don't have to worry about a server going down or losing any information.

Contras: There is no electronic signature availability for the patient file

• Publicado el 12/9/2018
Aaron G.
Owner Dentist
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/12/2020

"Best option for Cloud practice management"

Comentarios: Really good experience with the software. Price is higher than it should be but it is more convenient in the cloud. If it could connect with Dental Intel, I would put it in all my offices.

Puntos a favor: Easy to use. Familiar feel. No need for a server for PMS and x-rays.

Contras: No option for CBCT backup. Can't be used together with Dental Intel. Default reports sometimes convoluted although you can make custom reports.

Raquel C.
Práctica médica, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 23/9/2014

"Depends on specialty of the office."

Puntos a favor: It's so user-friendly and you can adjust settings so easy as well.

Contras: I think it's too easy to schedule appointments on top of each other. The billing is not easy to read, because it separates it by transaction, and then the transaction is no longer visable after it's paid. There is no way to select a procedure not to be billed to insurance in a billing transaction. You cannot transfer credits between family members in the same account. The tabs in the charting can be confusing as well. I think all existing, and current treatment plan should be together, not separated. You cannot keep track in the charting what was diagnosed when, because it deletes the date when the treatment is completed. There are too many placed where the fee schedule can be adjusted to allow for mistakes later. If the insurance is modified, the treatment plan has to be deleted and re-entered for the patient to be correct. I don't see a point in tags in the appointment when it doesn't enter the procedures in the appointment title. It seems like a lot of work to schedule an appointment, because you have too many options. The entry of birth dates is harder than it needs to be. Emails cannot be used in more than one person's profile. Cancelled claims should be able to be deleted from the system. It's confusing when auditing past due claims. There is no way to input how much maximum is left on a patient's insurance for treatment plan purposes. Treatment plans don't factor in secondary insurance coverage. Scanned documents should be able to be grouped in files and letters instead of making a separate entry for every page. Charting on the teeth is too sensitive.

por N/A el 26/11/2014

We appreciate Raquel's comments. She brings to light a number of topics we'd like to address.

- Scheduling Appointments. The flexibility of our scheduler does allow you to schedule on top of other appointments. Long-time customers have not found this to be a negative; however, we understand Raquel's concern and are taking steps to modify this functionality--quite soon, actually.
- Invoice Accounting vs {WHAT DTX AND ES USE}. Curve Dental uses invoice accounting, which has many advantages. Because most of the dental profession is using older management systems that display information in other ways, our new customers may find Curve Dental's accounting style a little different. Once proper training is completed our customers see the advantages of invoice accounting as it presents a more logical grouping of billing information. Specific to Raquel's comments, paid transactions are hidden after 30 days to make more efficient use of space, but with two clicks all transactions can be viewed.
- Billing to Insurance. If there's a particular procedure you would rather not bill to insurance, you simply omit that item in the insurance claim.
- Transferring Credits Between Family Members. If all family members share one responsible party, then yes, credit can be shared between family members. However, if the family members have different responsible parties, then one account would have to be refunded and the other credited, which can be done quickly.
- Displaying Existing and Current Treatment. Graphically, existing treatment and the current treatment plan can be viewed at the same time. Line-by-line details can be viewed for either existing procedures or planned procedures by clicking on the corresponding tabs in the chart.
- Diagnosis Date. If you're concerned about the date that a procedure was diagnosed, you can access a quick report to retrieve that information; it is not deleted.
- Fee Schedule Adjustments. Fee schedules can be assigned to a specific patient or when setting up an insurance plan (which determines how the insurance portion is calculated). When creating a treatment plan, you also have the option to select a different fee guide, but the default is the fee guide initially assigned to the patient.
- Modifying Insurance. Currently, you do not have to delete and re-enter a treatment plan if you need to change insurance information.
- Birth Date Format. We have received a few comments on how the birth date is entered (which is yyyy-mm-dd) and plan to allow our customers to adjust the format to one more customary to their area. Obviously a minor concern, but one that will be addressed.
- Unique e-Mail Addresses. For security purposes, Curve Dental does not allow an e-mail address to be used by more than one patient. Curve Dental's patient portal provides patients with access to account information, future appointments, and more. To protect this information, a unique e-mail address is required to access the data. Of course, the responsible party can access information for all members of the family.
- Deleting Cancelled Claims. In the interest of providing one more deterrent to fraud, we strongly believe that cancelled claims should be a permanent record in the patient's account. As a result the display of the patient's account may be a bit more busy, but not confusing.
- Entering Insurance Maximums and Factoring Secondary Insurance. Currently, Curve Dental does allow you to enter coverage used outside of the practice or software, helping our customers gain an accurate insurance estimate. And our software does indeed take into consideration secondary coverage when calculating the insurance portion.
- Scanned Documents. We have discussed ways to improve the organization of scanned documents and will make a change.
- Sensitive Charting. Curve Dental has two charting modes. One lets you drag the mouse over tooth surfaces to select the desired surface. The other mode requires you to enter the surfaces in a more old-fashioned style. Some may find one mode more preferable over the other.

• Publicado el 23/9/2014
Austin W.
  • Publicado el 4/12/2020

"Good bones. Needs more refinement"

Comentarios: Overall I like it. If we could auto charge old accounts and increase the quality of xrays, I’d be very happy.

Puntos a favor: I like the cloud based aspect and the ability to manage users access

Contras: Xrays aren’t as clear as I’m used to. I hate that I can’t auto charge interest on account receivables.

Amy A.
RDH

"Best Dental Software"

Comentarios: My overall experience has been excellent and easy

Puntos a favor: Ease of use, ease of set up, ease of access, ease of communication with support & its visually aesthetic when i show my patients things on the screen.

Contras: That I cannot have more than one thing open at a time

Ashley L.
Dental Hygienist
  • Publicado el 27/2/2021

"Cloud Based Dental Software"

Comentarios: The system is very intuitive and easy to learn. I appreciate that it was a fairly seamless transition from our prior system.

Puntos a favor: Working out of two offices, it is imperative that we have a cloud based system that allows us to access the same patient information in both places.

Contras: Many of the things I originally did not like about the software have been amended. Curve is good with customer service and open to suggestion so we have been able to customize certain things to facilitate our daily use.

• Publicado el 27/2/2021
Colleen F.
IT Professional
Redes informáticas, Trabajador autónomo

"Easy Transition"

Comentarios: Overall - this is a GREAT system. Easy to transition and train. You can literally have any report in the world you want and customize patient communication. From a data perspective, fabulous. From a security perspective, fabulous - ditch the daily backups and ransomware scares. If someone steals a computer - they get nothing. If the office burns to the ground - you can call patients from any computer anywhere and reschedule them at a temporary office. Patient data is safe.

Puntos a favor: What I like best about Curve is the smooth transition to the cloud from an in-house server. I am especially fond of the Curve Capture which pulls twain devices in with ease. The system is so easy to use that it requires very little training for new employees. The support team is always ready to help and never makes the employees feel like they are dumb for asking a question. They also answer quickly, so you don't have to wait hours or days for a call-back.

Contras: I would like to see some improvements in the document cabinet. It doesn't feel as organized as I would like and often, when pulling from other software, the naming convention is not what you would want. We spent some time on clean up and it wasn't too terrible.

Linda B.
Bus. Mgr.
  • Publicado el 2/8/2019

"Training Process Needs Your Review"

Comentarios: We definitely had to make a change in our practice and this was huge! Now that we are a couple of months in I am happy to say it is all behind us! There are changes that we would like to see and we have sent in many tickets. Hopefully we will see them come to fruition.

Puntos a favor: From my stand point which is mostly office oriented, I do like the software now that I am more familiar with it. I love being able to see both our locations on one screen and to be able to work at both locations from my office. Reporting is different but I like it. I love being able to navigate all over from the appoinment screen.

Contras: I did not like how our training was run. It was very confusing and not hands on. The trainer jumped all over instead of sticking to one thing before it was learned. Our clinic has had the most difficulty. We dont like how the charting is set up to show work that needs to be done vs what has already been done. Colors are faint and runs into another.

• Publicado el 2/8/2019
Jennifer H.
dentist
  • Publicado el 7/12/2020

"Good product but room for improvement"

Puntos a favor: Cloud access at home makes it easy to check on patients and work remotely. Sleek design and simplistic design makes the main features easy to use.

Contras: Making reports can be confusing, some very standard/simple reports not available. Many tweaks and issues that we were told were being worked on havent been resolved in 2.5 years.

Jessica K.
  • Publicado el 5/12/2020

"Nice cloud based option"

Comentarios: Customer support is nice, I do get frustrated when things go down or there are glitches, but I suppose it comes with any software.

Puntos a favor: User-friendly, phone app, customizable note templates.

Contras: I have used this software for over eight years and while things have come a long way, sometimes feel like the software is still behind the curve, no pun intended!

Dawn G.
Operations Manager

"Easiest Conversion EVER!"

Comentarios: I think one of the biggest obstacles that I personally have experienced is the ability to have doctors in multiple locations. This creates the need to have each doctor have multiple profiles which makes creating reports much more convoluted and affects insurance billing. Colorado Medicaid has to have the doctor signature match the credentialing so if you have "Eng" after a doctors name to signal our Englewood location it is not a "clean match" so claims were kicked out. When you pull reports you have to know EXACTLY how that doctor is entered because they are not listed as a drop down field. If you miss a . it will throw off the report. This isn't a problem for John Doe, DDS Eng but is a huge deal when doctors name is A. P. Smithwick III, D.D.S. Reports have to run before you can make a correction which is time consuming

Puntos a favor: As manager of a very large, 3 location pediatric dental practice that were all on different software/databases I cannot say enough about the smooth conversion process that we experienced when merging our databases and moving all locations to Curve Hero! The software is unbelievably user friendly which turns training new team members on the software an extremely easy process allowing for the focus of training to be on the systems of operations of the practice instead of the first few weeks of employment focusing on learning the software. I can't say enough about the ease of use that comes with converting to this office. The documentation that you get with the software can't be beat! As a manager you will love the correspondence feature which identifies when statements, emails, texts etc were sent to patients, as well as the ability to monitor the numbers of the practice so effectively through the software dashboard! Can't say enough about this software! Highly recommend doing a demo for any practice considering making a software change or wanting a software in the cloud!

Contras: My biggest concern with using Curve at this time is that there isn't much consideration to practices with regards to updates that come down that may affect the day to day functions of the practice. Recently a couple updates were pushed through in the middle of the morning hours which created havoc. If the update goes as plans, it's a pretty easy fix, however one did not go through as planned and had what was basically a minor glitch but still created chaos in our offices. As a manager of three locations (which is the case with MANY practices in todays's industry due to DSO practices, etc) I had EVERY team member texting, calling and approaching me unexpectedly because they were unable to function in Curve. Appointments could not be made, charting halted, children getting x-rays had to be paused, and calls coming in could not be addressed. EVERYONE in the practice lost all rights due to the glitch when the update that allows hours per team member to be determined. The practices literally came to a standstill with all the pressure on me to call and find out what had happened and then go through each team member and try to get them the ability to function again. When you have three practices, with up to 15 chairs scheduled an unexpected "glitch with the update" is something you just don't want to hear. Had notification gone out advising of an update being done, we could at least be prepared.

Edward S.
President/Owner
  • Publicado el 14/4/2019

"Three dental offices"

Comentarios: Excellent. Curve is the best of the cloud. And the cloud is way better than any VPN type system and far superior to use and maintain and manipulate and backup than any internal network would be. As simple as a high speed internet connection, an unmanaged gigabyte switch and internet connections. Wireless works too, I just like the speed of most of the workstations in the operatories wired in. Less load on a wireless router in a big office. Curve took us through conversion from Dentrix, training of the staff and the practice manager and has been there through our inexperienced moments. The doctors didn't even train and they picked it right up. The software improves over time for the better and it was great to begin with.Curve Hero has been a great decision. I couldn't be happier.

Puntos a favor: Intuitive. Written with the end user in mind. The trusty "Sidekick" feature (get it? Hero...) on the right of the screen let's you quickly work through a patient. Once I was used to seeing between two offices from any location I was frustrated the third wasn't online yet. I could never go back. The combination of cloud management, lack of internal Network IT needs (an internet connection, Google Chrome, and Adobe Reader and Flash and you're there) and the user friendliness and cuteness of the software and I'm hooked. No bridge between most digital x-ray formats. We're using Scan-X and looking to upgrade to Plan Mecas CBCT ProMax Classic at all three locations.

Contras: There is a lag during the prescription writing portion of the "program." You have to wait a bit before it starts to respond. After that... Zoom. Also, if you need a new image taken you need to refresh charting and then go back to images. Sometimes, it doesn't like to let me modify images gamma, light, dark, inspect/zoom in. None of these are huge difficulties. I would not change companies.

• Publicado el 14/4/2019
Fredrick L.
  • Publicado el 1/12/2016

"Preventing the 50K Mistake"

Comentarios: Each computer in the office is independent and isolated. They're "off the shelf" units and were purchased from Dell at extraordinarily reasonable amounts. No server, no contracted computer geek, no surprises. Most importantly, no added monthly maintenance fees. The support from Curve has been fabulous.
What's the worst that can happen? Well, the system has gone down.....wow....we kept doing dentistry. The internet failed (U-verse fiber optic).... wow ....we kept doing dentistry. There are a tremendous amount of people connected to Curve and AT&T. These companies will be doing everything humanly possible to get back up and running. It's their livelihoods. If (when) your server is hacked (oh, that couldn't happen to me! ..... yeah...think again) or when it fails the office geek has to repair or replace it. The time just starts to fly. So do the dollars. Your time is not the technicians time.
Bottom line: the software delivers all the needed features necessary to run a contemporary dental practice. It provides the necessary metrics easily. The folks at Curve are responsive to their customers needs and seem to be in a constant upgrade mode. If it's not yet available from them, they report that it is something they're thinking about. They deliver on those promises.
Financially, hardware is stock and minimalist. It can also be as advanced as available but the software works on it all. It integrates easily with all my digital add ons.
Monthly fees are reasonable when compared to the other products available. Most of all, the cost is cheaper then the monthly maintenance fees for the "big time all encompassing " software packages and the original outlay of 20+k for the software isn't necessary.
Every member of the team finds their own shortcuts/ techniques to move through the software. We had a very small learning curve at implementation and new employees grab it almost immediately.
The upgrade I await is the access to all of the patient records from my mobile devices. Currently I can access the schedule and patient information only. I look forward to being able to make appointments directly from my phone.
I recommend this system constantly. I've not been disappointed at any time since implementation three years ago.

Puntos a favor: Ease of integration and ease of use

Contras: Inability to access the actual product from my mobile devices. I want to be able to interact with the entire product from my mobile devices(iPad, iPhone)

por Curve Dental el 5/12/2016

A thousand thank-you's for your kind review, Dr. Lurie! We've noted your suggestions. Many of our customers see a savings in IT and HW costs, as you have. Best wishes!

• Publicado el 1/12/2016
Ruxandra P.
  • Publicado el 4/12/2020

"Modern, intuitive, functional, always available anywhere"

Comentarios: It's our day to day dental office operations software and we use it for everything. It sends letters and reminder emails and texts and it schedules Patients. It records everything related to treatment, x-rays, pictures, notes, charting, perio charting and is our way taking care of our Patients and our office. It replaced old Dentrix and Demandforce for us

Puntos a favor: It looks like a software that was designed today, as opposed to most dental software that looks like Windows 95! It is clean, easy to use, functional and it actually makes sense. Very helpful in day to day dental office operations, simple interface with everything you need right in front of you. Always available everywhere you can open a Chrome browser.

Contras: You have to change your mind set if you are used with other clunky software, this one is really easy to use. It's hard to believe things are so easy to do at the beginning. Recently they updated the user roles and permissions and they are confusing now. Also the transition from Dentrix was smooth, got the x-rays and pictures but it didn't transfer the files, we had to copy those manually as Patients had appointments. It's a one time thing but it's worth it

Corey P.
  • Publicado el 16/11/2016

"Confident in Curve!!"

Comentarios: Switching to Curve Hero from my old server based practice management software has proven to be one of the best decisions I could make. I was faced with ever increasing server issues and daily troubleshooting was causing me to feel more like an IT person learning on the job than a dentist on some days. Even hiring multiple IT gurus was a not a good use of my time or resources. Now that I have been with Curve for almost 4 years I can say it has done a lot more for me than solve IT headaches. It has opened opportunities for me as a dentist that I didn't know were possible. I have since merged my practice with another dentist and opened a second location. Curve's cloud-based software has allowed us to manage 2 locations. Curve has made it much easier to manage multiple providers and staff. All we need is an internet connection. It has allowed us to centralize many of our services. The new staff we have hired on have adapted quickly to Curve and love it's intuitive features. We spend less time training new employees on how to use the software. This year for the first time we had the opportunity to attend the Curve Summit. It was well worth the investment in time and money. It struck the right balance between fun and learning. It pumped up the team! What I was most impressed about was the ability to actually interact with the leadership and staff of Curve. At one point, we mentioned that we were developing ideas on centralized services for managing multiple practices. The next thing we knew we had a meeting set up with the executive leadership of the company. They genuinely listened to our ideas and asked us questions on how Curve could help fulfill some of our needs. It was evident to me that they cared about their customers by actually listening and implementing the things that practicing dentists want from their practice management software. I have never experienced anything like that meeting. I came away very impressed by their leadership, direction, and mission. Their platform is perfectly designed to continue to evolve with technology and implement improvements. They listen to their customers. They focus on what is important. They provide a great value for their customers in what they offer. I have used other practice management and imaging software programs. I am confident in my long-term partnership with Curve. This partnership will continue to give me opportunities to adapt to the changes that are occurring in dentistry today.

por Curve Dental el 16/11/2016

Thank you for your confidence, Dr. Plaster! We think we have a great thing going and it is a boost to see that our customers couldn't agree more. Hope to see you at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

• Publicado el 16/11/2016
Amy J.
Operations Administrator
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/12/2016

"Great Cloud-based Dental Software"

Comentarios: We purchased five standing offices. Each had a different dental software. We needed a product that would enable us to view all five schedules remotely, and Curve has been terrific. It has changed how we look at schedules and increased our efficiency and flexibility. All employees can check their upcoming day from the comfort of their own homes.
Training on the software is very good, and customer support is very responsive. Curve is always evolving, and the staff welcomes any and all suggestions.
Most features are very useful, and, once one knows how to maneuver, they make sense and are easy to use.
We plan to continue using Curve, and I have already recommended it to other dental offices.

Puntos a favor: I love being able to access all five office schedules at any time from any place where I have my laptop.

Contras: Most issues I have had have been MY user issues! I would LOVE to see a "daily diary" with chores like auto/property carriers use to remind adjusters of tasks. When I want to reschedule a cancellation or missed appt, I can't mark it appropriately AND put it in the queue as a quick reminder to call the patient. I know I can run a report, but I'd love to be able to use the queue as a daily diary as well.

por Curve Dental el 10/3/2017

Amy! Wow, your comments are much appreciated. I've copied your suggestions into a message to our development team--they are great! As you noted, when it comes to multiple locations Curve Dental can make your job much easier. With all the data at your fingertips in real time, that's gotta be helpful for a team member in your position. Good Neighbor Dental is an awesome organization. Best wishes!

• Publicado el 13/12/2016
Senior Software Engineer
  • Publicado el 2/12/2017

"Smooth and easy transition from Old School Practice Management Software."

Comentarios: Cost, Efficiency, usability.

Puntos a favor: This is a complete solution to meet all Practice Management needs which is great but as this software is a cloud solution it is just like your Facebook account, Instagram, email etc, it is alway available right there where you need it and it works as it should but in a modern, more efficient way. It's quite intuitive and it is always trying to help you to achieve your goal. We've yet to encounter a gap a business process that is not covered. The Add-ons with Bluefin and Fast Attach function exactly as you would expect and work seamlessly. We're a brand new office and we've leveraged Curve for Practice Management and G-Suite (from Google) to manage email and documents. Doing this has allowed us to forego a any local server or even any network wiring, simplifying and reducing the cost of the build out. Both training and support have been great and they are never shy to quickly remote to your screen to quickly resolve any issue you may have. As for cost, by any metric it has to be cheap given you there is no installation or hardware cost and as it is cloud software upgrades are seamless and inherently free. To address the main counter argument of a cloud solution we are in a south Florida and during the last Hurricane, Irma, we had no risk of any server being flooded of course but once the storm was over and Comcast was still out we simply switched on the hotspot on the phone and we were up and running!

Contras: The Kiosk facility where Patients can can fill out their forms directly into Curve is good but you can see they are still building it out.

por Curve Dental el 4/12/2017

Thanks for the 5-star review! The benefits of a cloud-based management system, as you point out, far exceed the idea of keeping a server in your practice. Many thanks for your kind review and best wishes!

• Publicado el 2/12/2017
Donna W.
  • Publicado el 15/11/2016

"Overall Satisfied"

Comentarios: First Customer Support is OUTSTANDING. You can call or submit a ticket. Tickets are responded too quickly-normally 5-10 minutes and many times I have receive a phone call from the customer service tech to answer my concerns. When I have called in myself I have never waited more that 5 minutes on hold.
The conversion process worked well for our office. We had a clear understanding on the front end as to what would and would not convert and they were VERY good at helping to make sure our existing treatment and treatment plans converted properly.
The training schedule they set up for our office allowed us to have a fairly good understanding of the day to day functions before we went live. Strongly suggest that you follow their recommendations in this area. There is a link attached in the software that allows you to view training videos at your convenience. Really helpful.
Having a web-based dental software does allow you to do notes, etc. while at home which is helpful. The disadvantage on that end is if the internet service is down then you can not access patient information or take x-rays.
The Imaging function is probably one of the weakest links in the software. I don't feel that the quality is where it needs to be and it does not have the ability to do measurements which is helpful for offices that place implants-which we do.
I do wish the "Admistrators" had more control to set up staff access and it would be wonderful to have an area that you could place private notes such as conversations with patients that I do not want patients or other staff members to see.
I will also comment that we have been using the Curve Software since September of 2015. We changed from another software (Dentrix) that we had been using for many years and our only two complaints with it was that it was not web-based and that the response time with their customer service was outrageously slow. It was common to wait on hold for more than an hour and if I did send in a ticket I would either not receive a response or it would be days later.
So changing from a software that the doctor and clinical staff were please with was not without its challenges. It took about nine months for the hygienist to stop saying "but I liked it the way we use to do it".
Overall I would recommend Curve Software.

por Curve Dental el 16/11/2016

Thank you, Donna! We feel the same way about our customer service. Your sentiment about imaging and administrator roles are high on our list and features that we discuss often. Best wishes!

• Publicado el 15/11/2016
Shannon D.
  • Publicado el 13/6/2017

"Can access schedule from laptop and mobile phone!"

Comentarios: Can use anywhere you have internet access, reasonably priced.

Puntos a favor: Curve can be viewed online so you can see patient information right at home (where you need to see it during emergency patient calls) or to make sure you can see schedule changes as they occur. This program is easy to use and reasonably priced.

Contras: There are no folders under "files and letters" so after awhile the number of files can get large and then difficult to locate, which is annoying. Also the financials do not allow monthly production numbers for a year at a glance. You have to do each month separately which is time consuming and frustrating. Also Curve goes down from time to time and then you are SOL because there is no backup....

por Curve Dental el 14/6/2017

Many thanks, Shannon, for your positive review. We are working on files and letters and you'll love the end result! The Playbook, which will be available this summer, may provide you with the production numbers you're looking for. We're also set to release offline capabilities; in the event service is disrupted for whatever reason, you'll still have access to a limited data set for patients you'll see that day. You'll love that, too! Many thanks and best wishes to you and yours!

Keric H.
Dentist/Owner

"Happy Curve User!"

Comentarios: The customer support team at Curve Dental is AMAZING!!! They are there any time you need a hand and will jump thru hoops to get the job done.

Puntos a favor: It is extremely customizable. It is amazing how much great information you can get from the custom reports.

Contras: The fact that it is so customizable is a pro and a con. You can create any type of report you can imagine, using hundreds of different parameters. BUT you need to figure out what reports to run on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.

Dr. robert H.
Práctica médica, 2-10 empleados

"Must Do..."

Comentarios: Overall...satisfied and for now, will continue to stay the line...

Puntos a favor: Jazzy looks, Ease of use, NO MORE TECH CONTRACTS!!!

Contras: Costly when doing add ons...feels a little “nickel and dime” style. This isn’t a cheap product, but not many other industries (used daily, with cloud back-up, charge near this rate. Because it’s dentist, the price keeps climbing...there will be a breaking point or a mass abandonment when a fair-priced competitor comes along...just sayin!!!

Jeanne D.
Office Administrator
  • Publicado el 19/6/2017

"I like the Curve software and what it has to offer. Overall we have been pleased with the product."

Comentarios: As stated previously, the ease of use is my favorite feature. It is fairly easy to train new employees and have confidence that they will easily navigate their way through the program.

Puntos a favor: Curve is very easy to use and very user-friendly. Navigating through the program is manageable for even the least computer-savvy person. When we train a new staff member, I never worry about teaching them the program because it is so easy to teach.

Contras: Our least favorite feature of Curve is the charting module. It does not perform the way we think it should. While we are aware that you can't please all the people all the time, we would prefer to see changes made so that the charting module allows for more customization by the user.

por Curve Dental el 2/8/2017

Hi, Jeanne! Many thanks for the kind review. Sonshine Dental is one of our favorite customers. Ease of use is a common thread we hear from our customers. We've taken note of your comments about adding some customization capabilities to the chart. That needs a bit of clarification. Hope to see you and your team at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

• Publicado el 19/6/2017
Marilyn T.
Admin.
  • Publicado el 13/6/2017

"We are very happy with our first year on Curve!"

Comentarios: It saves me so much time during my work day compared to other computer programs I have used in the past!

Puntos a favor: It is so easy to learn and to use! When new employees are hired, it is so easy to show them how to use the system. I use community to find answers to any questions I have and usually can figure out how to do anything! I love how easy it is to customize reports to get the information that I need. We like that the claims go out at various times during the day...it seems like the turn around time for payments is alot faster. We love the ability to customize the sidekick to be able to see what is really important to us at a glance and to have these changes show up right away....instead of having to wait for weeks while a computer guru makes the suggested changes!! It is wonderful.

Contras: I wish that the account credits would show up in our total accounts receivable amount for 60-90, 120 day totals.

por Curve Dental el 13/6/2017

Wow, a 5-star review! Thank you, Marilyn, for your feedback. The Sidekick is definitely our secret sauce--it sure does make you more productive by helping you access information faster. We've made note of your wish and will be evaluating. Thanks again!

Angie N.
Dr.
  • Publicado el 23/6/2011

"Curve is perfect for our office"

Comentarios: We highly recommend Curve to all dental offices. Our situation made the choice easy because we started from scratch and thus didn't have any data conversion. Even though Curve may not have quite as many features as Dentrix yet, I believe that it will be there very quickly because of how quickly the company is changing and updating the program. For me, Cloud practice management systems are the future of dentistry, and I believe that Curve is the best in the Cloud. We would do it again in a heartbeat! Curve provides all that we need in a Practice Management Software.

Puntos a favor: Ability to use the software anywhere there's internet
Very easy to learn
Nice graphics
Ability to email newsletters/mass emails to all patients
Unending reports (can customize reports for what you want)
Each user can customize their view of the schedule
Doctor can limit what parts of the system each staff can change
Patient education videos are excellent
Ability to upload images (xrays, pictures, paperwork) to charts
Easily bridges with our Dexis xray software
Easy to electronically file claims
Excellent customer service
Constant updates & improvements to the software
The prescription module is great
The colors of Curve, the laid-back & witty Curve staff
The charting and perio charting modules are excellent
Less need for IT company to help (still have to have a server for digital xrays & have to pay them to keep that up-to-date)
Ability to use Mac and PC computers in the office.

Contras: Can't use on an iPad (because of Flash)
When uploading Xrays to the charts, it takes time and the xrays are in a horizontal line (not mounted). We don't use this feature.
We've had trouble with the insurance estimation part--not accurate.
The software doesn't allow us to add in codes for different procedures (we have to use what CDT codes are in)...unless we add it as inventory
Some of the screen views are slow to load
A few times we've clicked out of a chart and lost all of the charted treatment

• Publicado el 23/6/2011
Shannon S.
  • Publicado el 13/6/2017

"For multiple offices, Curve makes this a dream!"

Comentarios: Ease of use having multiple offices. Quick notes are a huge benefit as well as macros for tx planning

Puntos a favor: Curve allows us to work at multiple offices and see changes instantly. We can have multiple tabs open per user being able to click back in forth between different screens.

Contras: Quality of xrays, we have to use a second software in order for our xrays to do measurements and print with quality for our referring offices. Quick meds is a huge issue for us. We are a surgical office and need to have multiple scripts available, we have to wait 5+ minutes in order to print one script (we usually print 4-5 per pt) after this slows down curve and we have to reload. We print script all day long.

por Curve Dental el 13/6/2017

Hi, Shannon! Thank you for your positive review. As you noted, practices with multiple locations are much more productive on the cloud with Curve Dental. We'll reach out to you to see if we can improve image quality and explore the Rx issues that you mentioned. Also note that measurements is one of our current projects. Thanks again and best wishes!